Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=MtAK= Bballman23 (again!) - Bball=out (again!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= Bballman23 (again!) - Bball=out (again!)
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2010 1:28:03   
Baker

Hello hello, AQGD. As you probably know if you're reading this, I'm Bballman23, and I've recently joined the AK team around here. Some of you may remember me as an AK from a while back; I worked in here, Paxia, Newbie Help, and UCaG at various times from Jun07 to Jun09, and after some time off I was ready to come back and help keep y'all in line!

My only "rule" for the thread is that you try to keep the questions to 10 max, please. You're welcome to post more, but don't be offended if I skip them and move on (if they're particularly interesting questions I may answer them anyway).

My first MtAK can be found here. Feel free to look that over if you want to see what AQGD (back then it was GGD) used to be like or if you want to learn more about me. Here are the FAQs I posted in that thread, slightly modified:

Q) Do you like pie? (I wonder if this question is as popular as it used to be...)
A) Somewhat. Only chocolate. Those fruits and other healthy things gross me out.

Q) How old are you?
A) 17. I'll be 18 in September.

Q) What can I call you?
A) I go by many things. I'm fine with Bballman, Bball, BB, bb23, B, etc. I don't really mind, as long as I know who you're talking to/about.

Q) Where do you live?
A) Texas, USA.

Q) How did you come up with your name?
A) I took my favorite sport, baseball, and shortened that (this is the "Bball", which everyone always thinks is basketball). I then added "man," because I'm clearly more than just a baseball (:P), and then I put my favorite number at the end. I'm mulling a name change, but I'll let you all know if/when I do make the big switch.

Now ask away! I'll be editing in this nice red, and the thread will stay up for a week or so.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/23/2010 1:36:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
7/23/2010 1:43:24   
Romanv12

Hey nice to see ya again :P

First time i post in a MtAK actually :o

Well not gonna bother you asking any Questions

see ya :D

No questions? What an easy first round! See you around.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/23/2010 2:05:19 >
AQ  Post #: 2
7/23/2010 1:47:04   
Dev
The Reckoning

Bee Bee!!!!!
Dev!!

What sound does your nose make when I push it?
Vuvuzela. D:

Where will the Red Sox finish this year?
What kind of question is this? WC champs all the way! Being serious, I think they'll at least win the Wild Card, and then, assuming good health, they have a good chance of going deep in the playoffs. I can't remember a Sox team with this many utility players who can be slotted in to get a big hit when we need it. That combined with the older, more experienced guys should work well for us. Would be nice if the bullpen would improve, though.

Favorite food?
Hard choice, and depends who's cooking. I LOVE the sesame chicken from this place called Fu's Garden in Houston, so that's probably it. Elsewhere, nothing beats a good steak or burger.

Well, that's all for now. *waves g'bye*
Alrighty! See you on IRC/elsewhere.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/23/2010 2:10:31 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/23/2010 1:54:36   
Knightstar2001
Helpful

Nice to see you back Bballman23. See ya on IRC. Battle On!

-K

Thanks, it's good to be back! Cya.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/23/2010 2:10:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/23/2010 1:59:07   
Legendary Ash

Congrats on being AK AQGD! But...since AQGD and GGD are the same thing, why would it be possible to post a question thread(again)?
Unless you are promoted to AQGD even though its awkward being the same position??
Ah, sorry for the confusion. I posted another one because I was gone for a year, so figured there were many new people who don't know me and wouldn't know why I was deleting their posts and locking their threads! Some AKs will even post new MtAKs without having taken breaks if they feel like being tortured. :P

An interesting commonality we share is one of your listed names to be called in also mines IRL.
Oh, nice! I assume it's B, since that's the most normal one there. I'm also called B in real life!

What is your major if your going to college/university?
Not sure yet. I still have some time to choose, fortunately. I want to do business eventually, but I don't think that I necessarily have to do business as an undergrad to work in business. I love history and literature, so I may end up doing something that combines those two.

Do you feel obliged to the tasks of AK despite your loads of work?
I do try to make time for AK'ing, of course, but (despite what you might here!) the mods and higher-ups are always clear that real life is more important than the forums. As long as we let them know, they understand when we have to do less AK work to focus on RL. It's nice that there are a fair amount of other AQGD AKs nowadays, too, so we split duties.

Are you a formidable basketball player and participate at school teams?
Baseball, baseball! I do like basketball and used to play it (at 6'4" the coaches say I should still play), but I play baseball year around nowadays. I always preferred baseball to basketball because I like pitching and I never really wanted the ball on the basketball court. Couldn't do too much without the ball!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/23/2010 2:17:26 >
AQ  Post #: 5
7/23/2010 2:45:24   
The Forgotten
Exquisitely pathological

Bballman!
TF!

Welcome back! :D
:) Thanks!

Eh, don't have much to say... so I'll leave the questioning to more creative forumites. :P
Don't be so harsh on yourself! You can make up questions, too (or, in the future, just find someone else's questions in an old MtAK and borrow them... works for me :P). See ya!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 14:56:26 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/23/2010 3:13:03   
Apocalyptic Silence

Hey Bball!
Hey AS!

Congratz on the reinstatement! :D
Thanks!

I'm sure you will do a splendid job! ;)
I hope so. If I disappear without warning and never return, you'll know that I've failed. :P

Later!
Bye!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 14:57:37 >
Post #: 7
7/23/2010 4:13:40   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Hiya Bball (again) :D
Heya Digi (for the first time)!

/me bounces the ball over and over again.
D:<

Looking forward to working alongside the other AQGD AK's?
Indeed! Always good to have assistants teammates to lessen the load.

AQ or DF for playability?
AQ without doubt. Haven't played DF in like a year. :/

Ever run a marathon?
I've walked/jogged like half of one. :P Race for the Cure in Houston.

Ideal holiday destination?
I love Nantucket, where I am now. Can't think of a better place to relax!

That's all Digi has, cya!
Adios!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 14:59:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/23/2010 4:39:16   
Saojun

o.o Oh it's just Bball (again). *shrug* Congrats on the reinstatement, & all the best AKing. ^_^
Hmm...? Ahh, no questions, just good luck with the job.

Just Bball?! You mean: "OMGBBQ HORRAY, IT'S MY HERO BBALL! I'VE MISSED HIM SO MUCH!" :D

Thanks! See you around. (thanks for putting in the color tags, too)

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 15:01:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/23/2010 6:48:22   
Sin Carnation

Hiyas Bman! Gonna call you that ^_^
Heya Sin! Bman is fine, although you wouldn't be the first. :P

Sooo... How's... Your mirror? :3
It's kinda backwards.

Ever seen me around?
Quite a bit, actually. I'm watching you. ;)

How's them new shackles?
Shackles? I was told these things were the newest bracelets out of the Parisian fashion shows! D:

Ever wondered what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
Now, but now I'm wondering...

Favourite type of Ice Cream waffle cone thingy? (Hard, soft, crunchy?)
No waffle cones for me. I'm a cup guy. If I have to choose, the waffle bowls are good (mostly because they're just like a cup, hah).

Favourite music genre?
I own almost exclusively and know most about hip-hop, but I'll listen to most music other than hardcore rock or over-the-top country.

That's all... For now *Creepy voice*
Excelllllent. *creepy voice*

/Me snuggletacklehugpounces Bman

/me snugs the Sin

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 15:48:24 >
AQ  Post #: 10
7/23/2010 6:59:25   
Gold

Greetings, honorable AK of AQGD! :D
Hello and good day, Sir Gold!

What do you think of MY username and font colour? :D
Very nice! But it's color, not colour. :P

I bet you're gonna have fun locking up threads now, are you? :P
The shiny buttons are nice, yes, but I'm not sure I'd say locking threads is fun! It's more fun for everyone to have a nice clean forum (which is why I'm here, of course).

How good are you at baseball, btw? ?_?
Pretty decent. I'm a lefty pitcher. Only throw about 82-83, but it's something I'm working on (or was, until I hurt my arm this summer...). I've always relied on tricky off-speed and good location. I thought about trying to play in college, but the huge time commitment and my injury have pretty much pushed me away from that.

That's all for now :P Don't want to get TOO personal :P
Great! Bye!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 15:11:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/23/2010 7:50:46   
DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

Hiyas, Bballman23!!
We've seen each other pretty much before, so we almost knows each other now
Of course we know eachother, DUM! Seen you around here and IRC for a long time. Congrats on the two title additions, by the way!

Congratz to have been an AK moved :P *You say congratulations to that? Oh well...*
Thanks!

Hope you'll enjoy your stay and good luck with yours skills here
See you in AQW/forum ^^
Kills? You know about the kil - silly, no kills to see here.

PS: There is a hidden color trap somewhere in this message.. Watch your steps or it will go BOOM :o
I think I survived it!

//D.U.M

//B.B.A.L.L.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 7/24/2010 15:37:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/23/2010 9:05:43   
Lord Lee

Hey BB.
Heya Lord Lee! Long time no see. I see you switched avvies... used to be Dragonhand, right?

Good to see you back to restore order to the forums.
Thanks. Good to be back.

Just popping in to say hi to an old friend and to ask some questions too while I'm at it.
Awesome!

Why did you need to take a hiatus from the forums, RL commitments?
Yep. Last year was a very important and difficult year at school, so I decided it would be smarter to reduce my commitments around here. I felt guilty for having to disappear for days and weeks at a time due to school.

What are your hobbies outside of sports?
I enjoy reading and writing, watching TV (Entourage, Friends, and Family Guy are my favorites) and movies (just saw Inception tonight... so good!), hanging out with friends, and playing strategy computer games like Europa Universalis III.

Why do you support the Boston Red Sox when you live in Texas?
Good question! People ask me that a fair amount. My dad, although born in New York, became a die-hard fan when he went to boarding school near Boston. He passed the passion down to me.

Have you done much traveling overseas, if so where have you been?
I've been lucky enough to do a fair amount, yes! I've been to England, Ireland, France (several times), Italy, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Argentina, China, Japan, Singapore, and Thailand.

Where was your favorite destination?
Inside the U.S., I love New York and Nantucket (Mass.), although for very different reasons. Outside, there are tons of great places. My favorite international cities are probably Venice, Paris, Singapore, and Shanghai.

What are some of your favorite movies?
Ocean's Eleven is my all-time favorite. I've seen it about 30 times. XD I have lots of other favorites, but here's a random grab-bag of ones on my computer: Master and Commander, The Big Lebowski, and Inglourious Basterds.

Favorite TV shows?
Oops, put this above. Entourage, Friends, and Family Guy are all great. When I catch them, I'm also always put for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Favorite book (or book series)?
The Count of Monte Cristo.

Who were you supporting in the soccer World Cup (well aside from the US of course lol.)?
U.S. (of course!) and then Argentina because I love the country. I rooted for Spain over the Netherlands in the final; it's fascinating country with a language that I can speak, so it was an easy choice. :P

What updates are you most looking forward to in AQ?
I'm very much looking forward to Barrius's quest chain. Sounds great. The showdown between Falerin and the Mysterious Stranger is also very promising.

There's my quota of 10 questions.

Hope they are not too personal.
Not at all!

All the best with RL.
You too.

LL
BB

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:04:48 >
AQ  Post #: 13
7/23/2010 10:38:23   
Tag

I don't think I've posted in an MtAK in... a year...
:o I feel so special!

Gratz Bballman! (Again!)
Thanks!

I'ma ask you the best questions everr...

Do you like pie? :D :D

How old are you?

What can I call you?

See above, n00b. D:< (:P)

Okay, but now I'm serious, congratulations again!
Thanks again!

Sorry I don't have many questions, but, see ya
See you around!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:05:56 >
AQ DF  Post #: 14
7/23/2010 11:12:49   
tubs

alright...

1. Twins... where they fininshing?
2. Twins... final record?
3. Twins... where do they make it in the playoffs...

Oi, I'm afraid I'm useless on all three fronts. I know nothing about the Twins, other than that Joe Mauer should have left them for the Sox. :P Best of luck to them, though!

Thats it

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:07:22 >
AQ  Post #: 15
7/23/2010 11:48:42   
Dragoney

Hi!
Hey!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:07:32 >
AQ  Post #: 16
7/23/2010 11:53:30   
Snake XZ

Hello!
Heya!

Do you have an Xbox?
I do, an Xbox and a 360.

If so, do you plan on getting Halo Reach?
No. I actually didn't know that was coming out. XD I stopped playing Halo after Halo 2, although I did play a bit of Halo Wars, which was fun. I'll have to check it out.

If Not an Xbox, what DO you have to play on?
I also play some on the PS2 and on my N64, but I do most of my gaming on the computer.

Do you like Mario?
Who doesn't?! I still play Mario Cart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, and especially Super Smash Bros.

That's all... for now... mehehehe.

Excelllllent! Mehehehehehe.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:09:53 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 17
7/23/2010 12:02:37   
Khimera

Greetings ^_^
Hello!

Do you know me?
I've seen you around a fair amount, yep.

Because I know you...
:o

We all know you... We've been... Waiting for you... O_O
:O

*cough* Anyway, how's the chains? Not chaffing too much I hope?
Chains? These things? They're... jewelry. Right?!

Your title... Friends reference by any chance? :P
Indeed! Good catch. I used to have a picture of Chandler as my avvy, but for now am going with this one iChar made me a while back. Need a new theme sometime...

That's it... for now :P
Alrighty... for now.

P.S. Oh, and congratulations =)
Why thank you!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:11:53 >
Post #: 18
7/23/2010 12:27:34   
Bu Kek Siansu

Hey Bb...
Heya AVA!

Congrats(again)! :p
Thanks (again!)!

Cheers...
:D

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:12:22 >
Post #: 19
7/23/2010 12:54:21   
Edgelord

Since it's the second one it would, what? Secondary congratulations or welcome back? Eh, either's fine.
Heh, either works for me. :)

Hope you have fun, I'll just throw some questions that are based around numbers at you and no one will know what I'm talking about.

1 or 1337?
1337 (like me).

7331 or 223?
7331 (because it's almost 1337 like me).

1 or 2?
2 (because it's closer to 1337, which is like me)

Not what you were expecting? Didn't think it would be, but there's a nice Key Lime Pie right over there ---> Well, it was here but I eated it.
You eated my pie? D: This will not go unavenged, sir.

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:14:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
7/23/2010 13:57:20   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Hi, Bballman23! :D
Heya Mecha Mario!

*Gives a cookie*
*eats a cookie*

Just want to say congrats, good luck, and fun AKing again!. :)
Thanks!

~Mecha
~Bball

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:16:09 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/23/2010 14:13:00   
Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Here comes to you my questions and congrats to u on your AK ship! I'm pretty sure when you made this thread back in 07 I asked you the same questions.......but O WELL!
Deja vu!

Who gave you the deadly task on becoming an AK?
Scakk. Phear him!

How the shackles.....what color are yours?
Shackles? What are these shackles everyone keeps talking about? They're bracelets. Pretty black chain bracelets...

Are you good or ebil or evil?, choose wisely because if you choose wrong your seat will explode with my icicles rite below your chair I will send you off into the oblivion....muhahahaha!
I like ebil. *waits for oblivion, which does not come* Ebil it is!

Ready to play?
Sure? XD

I'm an evil penguin who loves to help in the pedias the best I can so its an honor to talk to you (yes I know I say it to all AKs)....don't get me wrong I will freeze you
Thanks, honor to talk to you! No freezing of the AKs allowed. I'll send Scakk after you. D:<

Whats your defense to my ultimate attack of ice ownage mixed with pure darkness from the abyss?
I call forth the Czard, which eats your ice ownage for breakfast.

Does this shirt make me look fat?
Obviously.

Does it make you look fat?
Obviously not.

What did you do when you were first given permission to work for the forums? Did you party, dance....
Heh, I just stared at the computer for a while. And then I stayed up all night being the perfect robot slave AK that I am.

What is your signature lock? "B"locked, Ultimate Lock down, Clawed or even frozen in time or something else... YEAH I'M POSITIVE I'VE ASKED YOU BEFORE THAT WAS YOUR OLD LOCK!!!! lol!
Haha. I think I may have used "B"locked in the past, although I don't remember. I was usually more into just saying "Locked" and then explaining why. Maybe I'll bring out "B"locked sometime...

I hope that your having a fun time controlling the AQ community...cya says Stephen Nix!
Controlling? You mean prodding in the right direction. With a mind control stick. :P Bye!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:23:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/23/2010 16:13:27   
faust13th

Hello, first time asking...
Heya, not-first-time answering...

Do you like the band Disturbed?
Never heard of them, sorry!

If so what is your Favourite song?
n/a

Favourite type of chocolate?
I like all kinds of milk chocolate, basically. Not a huge bittersweet or white chocolate fan, though.

What do you prefer; Cats or Dogs?
Dogs ftw.

Thanks, that's all
Alright, cya!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:27:08 >
AQ  Post #: 23
7/23/2010 17:03:50   
Shiny shin

Hey I live in Texas to ;-)
:o Nice!

May I ask where in TX, or is that to personal?
Houston. Not too personal at all!

Is Lady Gaga a man?
I don't think so...

Is Justin Beiber a girl?
I don't think so...

If Beiber is a girl and Gaga is a man, did they switch genders? :-p
See above. :P

Yes, I know I have the weirdest Q's.
Quite odd, yep.

Dunno if you remember me but I was Waz up
Hmm, I don't, sorry. I like the new name, though!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:28:28 >

I'm too old for this
AQ  Post #: 24
7/23/2010 18:14:57   
DiEnd
Banned

alright lets do this
Let's do it!

Are there cows in Texas?
About 14 million, yes.

If there are do cows fly?
Not that I know of...

Can i have the cookie Mecha Mario gave u?
Nope -- all gone!

Are u part ball, part man?
I am both and neither all at once!

What's ur greatest fear?
Death, probably. Not something I look forward to.

And last but not least: In light of our current economic problems what do you think are the right steps for our nation to bring everything back to normal?
Well that's a long and complicated question, and one that I really don't know the answer to. Forcing commercial banks to spin off their investment banks would go a long way in reducing the risks of another great meltdown, ending one or both of the U.S.'s wars would greatly reduce our deficit, and converting to American natural gas over foreign oil would help out trade deficit and create many new jobs. Those would all do something, I think, but who really knows?

Thats all i have to ask from the most serious to the questions that no1 cares about
Hah, it was a good mix. :P Bye!

< Message edited by Bballman23 -- 8/2/2010 22:33:03 >
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> =MtAK= Bballman23 (again!) - Bball=out (again!)
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition