Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Quotes Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2011 9:18:51   
liamliam1234liam

quote:

See? You say something to someone enough times, and eventually they internalise it. The system works.
Bojack Horseman

quote:

Is it even possible for women to "reclaim" their sexuality in this deeply entrenched patriarchal society? Is claiming to do so just a lie told in order justify catering to the male gaze?
Diane Nguyen

quote:

I like you, and you like me, and I more-than-like you, but I do not know if you do or do not more-than-like me; you have never said, so I have not been saying anything all summer, content to enjoy the small miracle of a girl choosing to talk to me and choosing to do so again the next day and so on.
Donald Glover

quote:

The funny thing about being smart is that you can get through most of life without ever having to do any work.
quote:

I discovered at a very early age that if I talk long enough I could make anything "right" or "wrong", so either I am God, or truth is relative.
Jeffrey Winger

quote:

When you really know who you are and what you like about yourself, changing for others is not such a big deal.
Abed Nadir

< Message edited by liamliam1234liam -- 8/30/2015 11:26:15 >
DF  Post #: 26
3/23/2011 23:57:55   
Dracoa

Russell Hammond: I am a golden god!

Russell Hammond: I never said I was a golden god... or did I?

William Miller: I have to go home.
Penny Lane: You are home.

All from the movie Almost Famous.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
3/24/2011 20:22:02   
nield
Creative!

quote:

You presume, too much.

~Darth Vader.
quote:

Know who you are, so you can know who you want to be

~Myself.
quote:

'It is a marvellous day...' 'There's ten thousand dead in the streets!' 'Oh... I thought that was yesterday?'

~Unknown.
quote:

'Who am I?' 'You tell me.'

~Unknown.
quote:

Interesting though it has been, I'm afraid I can't allow you to... er... what were you trying to do again?

~Unknown.
quote:

I'll show you the world, and in return you'll show me how to be happy.

~Myself.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/25/2011 12:50:26   
black knight 1234567

quote:

Remember remember the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know no reason why the gunpowder treason should be forgot

Do I need too say why?
quote:

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof Mister Creedy

Same as above :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
3/27/2011 22:31:42   
liamliam1234liam

quote:

I Might Be Crazy, But I Am Not A Dolphin.
Jaden Smith

quote:

If your opponent [in candy trading] says they like [Hershey's] Special Darks, be kind to them: they are probably going to be your boss someday.
Ze Frank

quote:

Due to a tragic misunderstanding, the prettiest pig beauty pageant has been replaced by a pork rib barbeque competition.
Christopher Traeger

quote:

Like a hydro-electric Mothra rising from the ashes of an African village burned to the ground by post-rock minotaurs, the music of Delicate Steve will literally make you the happiest person who has never lived.
Steve Marion

I am relatively indifferent to Steve Marion's music, but such a glorious description deserves recognition.

quote:

What does it say about humans that when poor displaced sharks are ravaged by nature’s uncaring fury we try to kill them with chainsaws? I think we need to take a good long look in the mirror over that one.
Thunder Levin

quote:

Frank Deford called me at The Washington Post. He wanted to have lunch. We went to Rusty Staub’s, in New York. Frank is striking. I realized the first time I met him how tall he is, how debonair. He is like the Clark Gable of sports writing. Plus, he is the greatest feature sports writer in history, and he just looks immaculate. He had barbecue ribs. I have had barbecue ribs five hundred times in my life. He did not get a drip of sauce anywhere on his face, suit, tie. The guy is carved out of stone. I do not even know how he ate the ribs. He was like a god. He did not even need a napkin.
Norman Chad

< Message edited by liamliam1234liam -- 6/19/2019 0:37:50 >
DF  Post #: 30
3/27/2011 23:23:42   
nield
Creative!

quote:

Show me the way. I built it not five minutes ago, but I have short-term memory problems. What was I saying?

~Unknown.
quote:

If it is what it is, why don't you know what?

~Myself.
quote:

Known for three reasons. This, that and the other.

~Unknown.
quote:

Life is like an egg. Once shattered, it can't be put back together again. Leaves just as bad a taste, too.

~Myself.
quote:

Y'know, this would be much easier if the Inquisition had a better reputation.

~Severus Hunt, Servants of the Imperium.
quote:

Who? You! What? I never said that, you're delusional! I don't care if you're a hallucination, YOU'RE DELUSIONAL!!!!

~Unknown.

< Message edited by nield -- 3/27/2011 23:24:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/30/2011 4:15:25   
Tribal_bob

quote:

Don't know Don't Care

~Someone.
quote:

Why can't I be a cloud? Just floating with the breeze...But NO! I had to be a ninja and get stuck in this mess!

~Shikimaru (Naruto Chunin Exams)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/30/2011 14:09:17   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

I've been watching Aria the Animation and have been saving up my favorite quotes to share in this thread. The following quotes are all from that anime. They're quite varied, but I think they all have positive, self-contained messages.

quote:

“Mysterious things, when you were a child you used to think ‘They exist for sure!’, but all of a sudden it changes to, ‘It would be nice if they existed.’ I wonder when and why you stop believing.”

~Akari Mizunashi

quote:

“There’s no point in punishing someone who has seriously reflected on something.”

~Akira Ferrari

quote:

“Isn’t it okay to consider [sad or hard times] as the seasoning that lets you enjoy life? You can change them inside yourself so that you can enjoy anything. It truly is a wonderful thing, living each day.”

~Grandma

quote:

“It’s true; I don’t think that you’ll be able to stay as you are now, because time is something that is sometimes kind, yet sometimes cruel by changing everything.”

~Athena Glory

quote:

“Thinking that now is fun is what makes it the most fun.”

~Alicia Florence

quote:

“Lots of things change with the flow of time, but there are things that never change. Things that are precious because they change, and things that are precious because they don’t change…both things are equally precious.”

~Akari Mizunashi
AQ AQW  Post #: 33
3/30/2011 14:46:33   
Fish

quote:

The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.

~Unknown
AQW  Post #: 34
4/2/2011 0:20:43   
Jackalope

quote:

Men come and go, but earth abides.

-Ecclesiastes, 1, 4 and from the book Earth Abides. This is a great quote. simple as that.

quote:

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d**n

One of the best quotes ever, in my opinion, and everyone should know it. If you don't you've never seen or read Gone With the Wind!

quote:

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

-Dr. Seuss

quote:

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

-Edgar Allan Poe (Inception kind of ruined this great quote)

Bumbadabumbum, bumbadabumbum, bumbadabumbum, bumbadabum!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
4/2/2011 0:54:55   
Shadow Jester

quote:

You better tell someone you like him/her before someone does
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/3/2011 17:46:10   
Uskius

quote:

...rocketing through the air like some early dream of mankind.
This is the one that broke me. Unholy Warcry was playing in the background, MWAB was in Large Ham mode... One of my favorite descriptions and quotes ever, despite the first half of the sentence and the rest of the fic.

Also, various quotes from Charlie Sheen. Just a couple of my favorites:
quote:

I'm living inside the truth. And the truth doesn't change.
quote:

My success rate is 100%. Do the math.
We may not be able to process the man with normal brains, but his quotes are just WIN. It's fun sneaking them in to normal conversation, and they work for so many situations.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
4/5/2011 0:58:22   
Jackalope

quote:

When one writes a novel about grown people, he knows exactly where to stop-that is, with a marriage; but when he writes of juveniles, he must stop where he best can.

-Mark Twain, from the conclusion of The adventures of Tom Sawyer. There are 2 great lessons in this quote:
1, marriage is the end of many things(jk, i hope), and 2, that there is never one point when you just stop being a kid.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
4/5/2011 18:00:37   
Crump

I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

hehe :D

< Message edited by Crump -- 4/5/2011 18:01:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
4/5/2011 18:46:31   
doomshire2

quote:

"whoever said a pen was stronger than a sword never encountered automatic weapons"

COD4 FTW!
quote:

"oooh... lamb kabob! *munch munch munch* oooh..... vegetable Kabob *munch munch munch* oooh..... FIRE kabob *munch munch munch* AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Homer Simpson FTW.

quote:

"I'm bi-winning. I'm winning over here, I'm winning over there."

Charlie Sheen FTL (For the lose, since he can't for the WIN)

< Message edited by doomshire2 -- 4/5/2011 18:51:26 >

Teamwork is always a great idea. it gives other people
to shoot at~COD4

YOU BE TROLLIN.
AQW  Post #: 40
4/8/2011 3:13:20   
Supertails
L♥ve

quote:

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

~Albert Einstein

Just ran across this quote a couple minutes ago, and damn I love it. I couldn't have said it better myself, and this is one of the problems I have with the education system...there are different types of genius, and just because that fish can't climb that tree doesn't mean he can't absolutely own you at swimming.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/8/2011 4:05:15   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

Ah Crump, you beat me to it XD

Still I have a few:

quote:

"If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

quote:

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
—Khalil Gibran

quote:

"There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened."
— Douglas Adams
AQ AQW  Post #: 42
4/8/2011 11:13:22   
Dragonman

quote:

"No Soup for you!"
-soup Nazi from Sienfeld

Words I live by.... Ok not really.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
4/10/2011 11:27:36   
#Garete#

quote:

The best pair is Smile and Cry.They don't meet often,but when they do,it's the happiest moment of your life.

-Got from an SMS.

quote:

A rain drop looks very small,but somewhere a thirsty flower awaits its fall.

-Got again from SMS.

quote:

Sometimes you may catch me staring at you.It's not because you are cute.My mom told me devils had horns and tails.I wonder where are yours.Hehe...

-Not much of quote funny SMS I got :)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
4/11/2011 18:44:03   
Ryuuzaki

quote:

I'm not bipolar, I'm biwinning.

- Charlie Sheen

quote:

War. War never changes.

- The Fallout series.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
4/13/2011 3:08:03   
Sir Nicholas

I have a few:

quote:

"Overthrowing a government in favor of anarchy is like setting your house on fire to stop a burglar - you get rid of the guy taking your money, but you're left with a smoldering mess and a bad smell."

Me.

quote:

"Everything is constantly in motion, and everything had a beginning - therefore, what set the universe in motion must be something that is not bound by time or by logic. Something that we cannot, with all of our imagination, ever truly comprehend."

Me.

quote:

"Political correctness is just another way of saying, 'I'm a wuss - so I won't try to change anything by not actually saying anything at all.'"

Me again.

quote:

"We're capable of great good, and great evil. We don't need authority to tell us the difference between right and wrong - we just need a push in the right direction."
Unknown.

quote:

"To walk away from hardships, it leaves scars yes, but it also leaves room to heal and to grow."
Unknown.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 4/13/2011 3:09:18 >
AQ  Post #: 46
4/13/2011 3:24:36   
Zakristone

quote:

[Bartimaeus] "I wanted to wake you straightaway, but I knew I had to wait several hours to ensure you were safely recovered."
[Nathaniel] "What! How long has it been?"
[Bartimaeus] "Five minutes. I got bored."

-From The Golem's Eye of The Bartimaeus Trilogy.

< Message edited by Zakristone -- 4/13/2011 3:37:07 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
4/13/2011 16:17:37   
ArchMagus Orodalf

quote:

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

No idea where this came from.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
4/16/2011 0:48:52   
Fish

My all time favorite quote:
quote:

There's nothing to fear but fear it's self.
AQW  Post #: 49
4/16/2011 1:00:31   
BladeSlayer

quote:

Hope Rides Alone.

-The Protomen
quote:

A hero is just a man who knows he's free.

-The Protomen

< Message edited by BladeSlayer -- 4/16/2011 1:01:49 >
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition