Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Storyline Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/18/2011 10:56:46   
Watziname WAT

I've completed Shadows!
Read it and comment :P
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19150555&mpage=1&key=�
AQW Epic  Post #: 226
8/18/2011 13:21:12   
Sir Night

Alright, a new chapter is up in Monster of the Swamp.

Comment here.
Post #: 227
8/18/2011 18:52:30   
delta blitz

@Sir night:Don't forget to read my stories too. It's in my signiture

Tales of the two heroes
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
8/19/2011 12:35:49   
Sir Night

@Delta

I'll try, but I've been very busy. To be honest, I've been considering stopping even my own story just to free up some time.
Post #: 229
8/21/2011 22:09:40   
Celestin123

Read my new HS story here!
So far only the prologue is up but I plan on making it much bigger!
AQ  Post #: 230
8/21/2011 23:01:29   
silver knight

Sounds interesting so far. Your character at age 6 actually feels like a little kid.
DF AQW  Post #: 231
8/22/2011 19:28:02   
Celestin123

I just posted Chapter 1 of "Insanity's Child"! Feel free to read and comment!
AQ  Post #: 232
8/23/2011 0:26:05   
star screamer

Chapter 3 of I sold my soul to the devil is out

Chapter 4 DADDY

Discussion

< Message edited by star screamer -- 8/23/2011 1:33:55 >
AQW  Post #: 233
8/23/2011 22:19:23   
silver knight

Chapter Two of Rise of the Flames is out if anyone wants to read or comment on it.
DF AQW  Post #: 234
8/24/2011 6:31:28   
UnityDestroyer

Blame him if this chapter is like "The Awakening of Zen-Faux"!
Discussing... Blame him!

< Message edited by Digital X -- 8/24/2011 10:17:00 >
Post #: 235
8/24/2011 10:15:30   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Guys, let's keep on topic please. Happenings between a forum user and Moderator are not to be discussed publicly, thank you.

Posts concerning this matter have been deleted, please do not bring this up again.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 8/24/2011 10:17:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
8/24/2011 20:55:15   
delta blitz

Chapter 32 and 33 of Called Hero and Chosen one is finished so check it out and comment. This story is coming to a end soon so stay tune.

Tales of the two heroes
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
8/25/2011 1:45:57   
Sir Night

New chapter is up in Monster of the Swamp.

Discuss.
Post #: 238
8/28/2011 18:08:30   
Goldstein

This is the only place I feel a post of this nature would be appropriate.

I'm not sure how far ahead Artix Entertainment plans their story-lines, but HeroSmash is still new.

The superhero genre is one of those genres that has the most potential that usually lets me down. There is so much that Artix Entertainment could do with HeroSmash's story. Like addressing some of the superhero genre's logical fallacies.

How do we superheroes support themselves? Are we billionaires like Bruce Wayne, or do we have a day job like Clark Kent? To me, it seems our characters are full-time heroes. So how do we buy food and stuff? Does the government pay us tax dollars to keep the villains in line? Is there a charity system set up? Do we just...make do?

Are there other cities with superheros? Or is Liberty City the only place where people with superpowers live? Is it a governmental-sanctioned city set up to keep the potentially destructive superheroes away from the general populace? And then, what about the normal people we see around Liberty City? Do they enjoy living in a place where robberies and arson and explosions are frequent occurrences? Are they disgruntled about the superheroes that don't have to pay taxes and relieve taxpayer's money?

Is there a governmental agency that organizes and keeps tabs on the superheroes? A Department of Vigilantes (DOV) if you will?

What about villains that actually have legitimate motives? Like a mafia-type organization comprised of ex-cons who have to steal because no one will hire them? Or a union leader that orchestrates violent protests in response to rising taxes? Or the CEO that hires a troupe of mercenaries to drive all of the super-powered folk out of the city in order to prevent further property damage to his stores?

TL;DR What kind of story would you prefer for HeroSmash? A campy, run-of-the-mill, easy-to-follow story, or a complex, interesting, albeit harder-to-follow story?
Post #: 239
8/28/2011 18:19:29   
star screamer

@goldy if you read the about pages on the herosmash homepage you will see some things that will soon appear for example
secret identities secret lairs and PvP
AQW  Post #: 240
8/28/2011 18:34:54   
Goldstein

The main point of the post was to ask everyone if they prefer a simple or complex story.
Post #: 241
8/28/2011 18:40:05   
star screamer

well ya i do enjoy a complex story
AQW  Post #: 242
8/28/2011 18:53:02   
Joky

Some times you will have to choose both!
Did you like it to have that complex story with Death?! I preferred if they were a bit small but they were perfect!
Post #: 243
8/28/2011 18:56:56   
Question Mark?

The more complex the better! It can never be too convoluted!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 244
8/28/2011 19:31:36   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

@Goldstein - When Pandora made the ultimate sacrifice, her power spread to all corners of the world, so Liberty City is not the only place with superheroes. We "pay" for things with Fame, i.e., if we're famous enough, people give us things for free.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
8/28/2011 19:40:28   
Goldstein

Maybe not convoluted...just not campy.

Consider this. The company A Green Tomorrow is building a space station that is completely sustainable. However, they lose funding. So, they decide to take drastic means. They stage several high-profile bank robberies to distract our characters. Meanwhile, they convince a man with the power to create a small nuclear detonation to join them (who was kept under constant anesthesia by the government to prevent him accidentally using his power) and they threaten to destroy Liberty City unless they receive enough money to complete the station. We fight through their base, but are defeated by The Atomic Man. However, the city pays A Green Tomorrow, and they call off The Atomic Man. Our character hitches a ride on a space shuttle, and they arrive at the base. We fight through the station and reach the CEO. The CEO says that the whole idea of having the Atomic Man take the city hostage was his idea. Our character agrees to just arrest the CEO and leave the company to continue its work. The Atomic Man says that he will never forgive those that stole twelve years from him (by constantly keeping him under anesthesia.) However, he knows that he is dangerous, and he has decided to live in Siberia, far away from anyone. Our character takes the shuttle back to Earth, the conflict resolved.

EDIT: Fame makes no sense. If Fame indicates our actual amount of fame, why does it go down after we buy (or are given) something? Does wearing a new pair of gloves suddenly make us anonymous again? And I know people all over the world were given super powers, but were they all forced into Liberty City?

< Message edited by Goldstein -- 8/28/2011 19:43:06 >
Post #: 246
8/28/2011 19:48:35   
silver knight

They very well may add other cities for us to visit. I mean superman had metropolis, and batman had gotham city. The Black panther had his own piece of africa to protect.

Edit: what i'm trying to say is maybe we haven't travelled enough to find those, and since the pandora event happened in liberty (or so i think, i don't remember) they were the ones affected most by it leaving them the largest group of supers.

< Message edited by silver knight -- 8/28/2011 19:54:47 >
DF AQW  Post #: 247
8/28/2011 20:30:49   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

@Goldstein - It's not a perfect metaphor. X3

The game takes place in and around Liberty City, but that doesn't mean there aren't other supers out there.

But what's wrong with campy? Campy is fun.

< Message edited by GriffinFire -- 8/28/2011 20:31:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 248
8/28/2011 21:41:23   
Crystal Lion

Anyone noticed that most of the heroes are female, and most of the villains are male? Or is that just my eyes?

Sent away to a leper colony like everyone who once loved Herosmash.
Post #: 249
8/28/2011 21:44:05   
aizenv3
Banned

@Crystal Lion

Im evil-based Shadow but I show neutrality when its needed so.....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition