Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Book of the Rift [Collab with L&L]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Collaborations >> Book of the Rift [Collab with L&L]
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2011 20:16:22   
Khelios
Burning Chaos

Things are about to ramp up in Creative Arts in the first ever inter-board collaboration between Legends and Lore and Creative Arts, the results of which will showcase the talent of artists and writers while working together to create a rich, detailed world limited only by your imagination. This epic tale will take place over the course of June through around early September, which should give all groups participating plenty of time to work, plan, and compose an awesome and fantastic fable.

This is a collaborative project - it should be understood that both the art and story need to fit together and contribute to the greater good of the project. Remember, as artists, your goal is to shape and craft the world around you in a meaningful way. As you will be in a group, you should do more than just illustrate what is happening: you are able to discuss plot and story details with the other group members to breathe life and depth into your work.

[Click this!] to see more detail about the story itself, rules associated with this project, and scope of what is happening.

If you are interested in participating in this event, you are welcome to post here. This will assist in the formation of groups and allow the project to jump into action more quickly!
DF MQ  Post #: 1
6/23/2011 20:34:19   
Glais

Awesome, so how big is this gonna be then?
I'm a little confused by what's going on, but after a few rereads it should make sense...
DF MQ  Post #: 2
6/23/2011 20:54:15   
Khelios
Burning Chaos

It has the potential to be VERY large, depending on how many groups participate in this. As of now, it's pretty hard to say just how big this will be. And if you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to clear up what I can.
DF MQ  Post #: 3
6/23/2011 21:02:05   
Glais

I do have one main one, what time period does this take place in? The story's a bit vague on the restrictions in-universe. It really only tells that there is a basically a horde of ravenous beasts which seem to be medieval.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/23/2011 21:16:53   
superjars

Time period varies depending on what you are talking about. The architecture of the main city should be renaissance and pre-modern, as they /were/ in somewhat of a golden age prior to this happening. Forts and other buildings outside the city will probably be more early medieval. The mythic creatures are from all sorts of alternate worlds and so can be any style from medieval to futuristic. A lot of the art should mirror the pieces that the writers come up with, serving to lend a visual to the images their words paint.

Does that answer your question?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/23/2011 21:20:41   
Glais

Basically....yep.
DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/23/2011 22:28:21   
Dark Savant

Well... This is certainly interesting, to say the least.
I think you can count me in. Looks like a real fun summer project. I'm actually getting really excited about it. I may be busy for the next few weeks, but I should be free after that. I'll make sure I have time for this.

Oh, something just came to me. Would someone be able to act as both a writer and an artist to fulfill the requirements? Or can they only be counted as one of the two? And if that's the case, then would they be able to help with both requirements, or would they be limited to working for what they were counted as?
Darn my brain for thinking up such odd scenarios. O_o
AQ AQW  Post #: 7
6/23/2011 22:33:58   
superjars

People may do both writing and art if they desire. If you sign up for both, make sure that you give yourself time to participate with both. We don't want anyone overloading themselves as we want to create quality work.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/24/2011 15:21:13   
SNAKE THE RED

epic
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/30/2011 10:08:06   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Book has officially begun. The art for the two sections posted will be up in a bit, but we wanted to get it started, so everyone can see what exactly could be happening, etc. So the first installment by teams should be some kind of introduction and explanation as to who their characters are and what they are doing/their goals.

This is the work thread for the groups if they need space to talk and plan: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19201976

Book of the Rift
Table of Contents
Book of the Rift Commentary
Work thread

We have writers in the commentary thread who are looking to team up with an artist. I need you guys to cross talk, I will encourage them to come over here, but we need you guys to adventure on over there to L&L. Share the love.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 6/30/2011 10:38:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/30/2011 14:39:12   
Mortarion

Anyone who wants to work with me, I am a writter. You can find my work in A Path To Madness and in the Earth orb war and in the current sepulchure war, consider that as if you want to work with me, I think that I still ahve a lot to go, but I wanted to give this a shot and, hey if some experienced writter helps me, it'll be awesome. Hope that anyone wants to help me here

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 6/30/2011 15:08:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/30/2011 17:55:45   
aizenv3
Banned

Im a writer as well on the forums 6 days a week Monday to Saturday

Wiling to work with u post above
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/3/2011 23:46:55   
Torn

I am willing to join a group that will take me, I am a writer, although most of my work is in the Books Project.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
7/4/2011 0:41:23   
Smalls

Hello, I'm an artist and willing to work
I also can take writing and make it into comic form with various art programs I have (manga studio and painttool SAI) but trust me, you don't want me totally writing something, my commas splice everything (I'm a horrendous comma splicer)
DF  Post #: 14
7/4/2011 9:15:15   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Hello people!
My name is PyroPuppy, I'm an artist and I'm willing to work on this great project, a great collaboration between artists and writers.
But, to participate, I need a team! Because I know completely nobody from the L&L section, if anybody needs an artist, please contact me!
I make flash stuff, mainly weapons and background, but I also do a little bit of hand drawing.
Anyway, hoping to get into a team as soon as possible, and I can't wait to see what will come out from this!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
7/5/2011 17:58:14   
delta blitz

Aww man I love writing stories but my mind is too mixed up with my own stories......I'll try and help if I can. If not I apologise in advance.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/5/2011 18:21:31   
Beast Mode

Coun`t me in as an artist .
I don`t know anyone from L&L, So i`ll join any group. just pm me.

AQW  Post #: 17
7/5/2011 20:10:02   
Goldstein

I am an author willing to sell skill to highest bidder! Too bad I'm not going to be able to participate, since I won't have internet access next week.
Post #: 18
7/5/2011 21:12:58   
lordkaho
Creative!

If anyone needs my help just PM me.

I can do creature and character design, a little rough with weapons but not very good with architecture. *facepalms due to the fact he's taking up civil engineering*

I can also double as a writer, but I suffer too much from constant mental blocks and low attention span to make a consistent flow of ideas when writing a story.
DF MQ  Post #: 19
7/5/2011 21:40:48   
superjars

Note, Goldstein, that this is a project throughout the summer. We'll be going until the end of August or so.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/5/2011 22:55:35   
Eukara Vox

Writers who need teammates:
reaper0001
oddmanthefirst, though I think he is also an artist
mr. cool
Goldstein
Doom Desirer
Kinzville
Question Mark?

Artists who need teammates:
Beast Mode
PyroPuppy
flamingknight11
Plasma Charge
Askewen

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/8/2011 14:23:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/5/2011 23:49:28   
Glais

Put me down as a maybe, I have to check if my camera's quality's good enough to make up for lack of a scanner. If it works, then I'm good.
Now to find said camera...

It works, though I should be able to use my scanner soon anyways.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 7/6/2011 0:31:49 >
DF MQ  Post #: 22
7/6/2011 12:09:57   
flamingknight11

Cool, this sounds like fun. I'm want in. I'm an artist who mainly does hand drawn art. I can draw and design characters, creatures, weapons (a bit), and scenery (not so much).
I can also help with the story writting if needed. (Not too bad at it)
Give me a PM if anyone wants me to help.

added to the list ~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/6/2011 23:32:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
7/7/2011 0:28:10   
superjars

I've spent some time and answered some of the common questions we've seen around the work threads. Please review this additional information: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=19243059 and review the remainder of that thread if you have not already. Lots of good information about where we want to go with this is there.

Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/7/2011 13:26:25   
Plasma Charge

Cool this looks like it could be interesting.
I'm more than willing to lend a hand with illustration. Just pm me with the details please :D

Sweet! Added to the list. Hopefully you will be contacted soon! ~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/7/2011 14:24:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Collaborations >> Book of the Rift [Collab with L&L]
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition