Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 7 of 23«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/6/2011 21:53:30   
Wiseman

@goldslayer1:

True in a sense, however TLM does not have an extremely strong burst damage skills like massacre, meaning strength bounties can still compete on equal ground.

Below: Double Strike is to an extent, but the only really strong ones are Berserker and Massacre.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 10/6/2011 21:54:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
10/6/2011 21:54:03   
Wraith

^Err isn't Double Strike/Artillery a burst skill?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 152
10/6/2011 21:56:37   
Hun Kingq

It took away 47 points from me many times as you wrote your at level 7, does not the Cyber Hunter have Technician and EMP so if tech improves EMP and technician increases tech so will not technician improve the impact of EMP energy drain. I challenge any Cyber Hunter to try a high level technician and use a high level EMP on a Tact merc and let us know what happens.

Lord Sinastr, I put out challenges and if you are that good of a player you can figure out how to win with that combo as I did many times with basically no points of energy and no way to restore it. It happened multiple battles with bounty Hunters as well and just looking at all the skills of the Cyber Hunter I just saw the perfect build for that combo.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 10/6/2011 22:11:00 >
Epic  Post #: 153
10/6/2011 21:57:37   
goldslayer1

@wiseman
a tlm with decent energy will use smoke maul and double strike
all that combined deals more damage than a simple smoke, strike, strike
altho maul and DS may not be considered a burst skill the maul give it a stun chance while hitting hard which BH doesn't have.
if u grabbed the average stat of a str BH and u put it on a str TLM to fill out the requirements of reroute and hybrid then str TLM will still have the upper hand because of tanking.
however bloodlust is never to be under estimated. neither is BH's blocking.

mass and berserker are more predictable, however DS and maul aren't as predictable because of their low cooldown and warm up

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/6/2011 22:02:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 154
10/6/2011 21:59:02   
Wraith

Not many CHs use Technician-EMP builds, so that isn't necessarily common. If it happens once, you can't say that its hard to deal with, its 1 battle.

< Message edited by Lord Sinastr -- 10/6/2011 22:00:47 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 155
10/6/2011 22:10:04   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Sorry everyone, but the skill tree rearrangement for Tactical Mercs might be moved back to the next release as well. It's not looking very likely that it'll be done by the time this weeks release is set to roll. I don't like being pessimistic, but it's better you know the situation than be disappointed if we have to delay it until next week.

@Lord Sinastr: It still makes the build a very powerful and successful one, even if there are few CHs to use it. The downside to it is that it's a very slow battle with a build like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
10/6/2011 22:13:24   
Wraith

^I've tried it......

By the time I EMPed the STR TLM was already out of energy (Smoke-Double). W/ high tech low support=No Defense Matrix
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 157
10/6/2011 23:19:44   
frosty123

Seeing this CH discussion really makes me want to become one. Bad thing. Got no varium .

Anyways about that insane balance adjustment on the field medic what do you thinks gonna happen. mabye it might be like

"restores 10-15 percent of your heal-lv 1
"restores 20% of health. something like that and max will be like restores 45% of your health. Know what i am saying... mabye not sounds a bit confusing
Post #: 158
10/7/2011 1:21:09   
tigura

Ch is the best class against tlms. I had no trouble at all beating supp tlms and str tlms, supp tlms especially. However, it struggles against TMs. It is very difficult to use, and the number of builds that can get a high % is limited. Nevertheless, I'm sure someone can make a CH build other than 5 focus that can get a high % (90+), as i only spent 3 weeks as a CH.
DF Epic  Post #: 159
10/7/2011 2:14:36   
Midnightsoul

sounds like field medic will be a fixed rate that ONLY improves with lvl
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 160
10/7/2011 4:04:40   
zion

Shouldn't Field medic improve with health?
It should heal a percentage of your total health (example: 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 34%, 38%, 42%, 45%, 48%, 50%).
High health builds are already nerfed to oblivion (agility & so many requirements on weapons/skills), so I think this would make the most sense.

< Message edited by gk365 -- 10/7/2011 4:09:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
10/7/2011 4:19:51   
T.600

^They don't want anyone to use high health builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
10/7/2011 4:24:07   
BlueKatz

quote:

Reroute will now have a Tech requirement.

Great... this just gonna kill my build

And seriously? Why more Sword skill for Mage? Like they want to destroy Staff using Mage completely?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
10/7/2011 4:52:33   
zion

@T600: I disagree, they nerfed high health to make battles move faster and they still will.

The truth is I think putting in health and energy points is silly. I think a better system would include auto health and energy values based on class and level (Just like we start with).

This way, we can get rid of agility - obviously a stop-gap measure.

Maybe dex could improve health a bit and tech could improve energy a bit. Or maybe we could have six stats with the benefits of each stat spread out - to reduce stat abuse.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
10/7/2011 6:46:09   
TurkishIncubus

quote:

Now that you’ve read the interesting bits of the DNs post-

I know that I’ve gotten flack from players before about advertising events from other games in the EpicDuel Design Notes, but I hope you can forgive me for this. As Cysero said in his design notes on the subject, pretty much everyone here at AE is completely obsessed with They Might be Giants, and for many of us they were the first band we really got into. I can’t really say that- I got into them about 4-ish years ago, when I was an undergraduate. I was able to acquire two free tickets to see them in concert, and at the time I was relatively unfamiliar with their work (I knew “Istanbul, Not Constantinople” and “Particle Man”, but little else). Nightwraith begged me for my extra ticket, and we went. Due to my high tolerance for pain, we were able to snag spots right by the front of the stage by sitting through a truly terrible opening act, and when John and John and Dan and Dan and Marty got on the stage, the power of live music took over, and I had an amazing time, singing along to “Why Does the Sun Shine?”, and Flansburgh even let me touch his guitar. That night, I bought Flood and The Else, which remains one of my favorite albums of all time. The band has inspired me greatly, with songs that make me laugh (“You’re older than you’ve ever been, and now you’re even older...”), cry (“It’s a new year, careful what you pack, there’s no turning back...”), fall in love (“Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch that watches over you, make a little birdhouse in your soul...”) or right out confused me (“I’m goin’ down to Cowtown, the cow’s a friend to me. He lives beneath the ocean, and that’s where I will be!”) I also largely credit the band for the fact that I’ve taken the time to teach myself guitar and bass.

So, assuming that most of that’s going to get cut, (or TL;DR) TMBG is a big deal for all of us here at AE, so I’m happy to squee over the band.

I love them more now :D

quote:

- Reroute will now have a Tech requirement.(i use 6 lvl reroute i dont think it will gonna be higher than 32 tech req which i use now :P)
- Maul will now have a Tech requirement(again i use it at 4 lvl how much a 4 lvl maul can require tech ? :P i dont think much)
- Frenzy will now have a Support requirement.(ok i use this at 4 lvl so maybe i need to decrease my str 6 and give it to supp)
- Hybrid Armor will now have a Dex requirement.(:D , max hybrid )

I dont think these req will effect Str TLM , cause most players use the other skills than Hybrid at lower lvls :)

Epic  Post #: 165
10/7/2011 8:15:34   
romanu

take hybrid armor from TLM, and give them reflex boost or something. as long as they keep hybrid/reroute/smokescreen, still a OVP class. Also make a limit to support and strength( like 100). if u give stat requirements to skills, that will kill support and strengtht\ builds, but they will not be weaker, just moe balanced builds, like 5 focus.

< Message edited by romanu -- 10/7/2011 12:25:23 >
Post #: 166
10/7/2011 8:29:14   
skeletondude

well i would say is remove hybird and reroute from TLM and give static charge and defense matrix
AQW Epic  Post #: 167
10/7/2011 9:00:31   
drinde

Wait wait wait. DEX Req on Hybrid is redundant as Artillery has it too.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 168
10/7/2011 9:03:39   
IsaiahtheMage

Wow.... I better get active again. I don't plan on missing the harvest at AQWorlds this time. If what Turkish says is true. Then hopefully the reqs wont be to high. I really don't want my build destroyed.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 10/7/2011 9:05:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 169
10/7/2011 10:13:09   
PivotalDisorder

looks like an interesting update.

some people have made some very good points that some of the nerfs aren't gonna be nerfs. tech req on reroute doesn't effect my mage, cause he has phys armour
and really high tech [5 focus] but I have no doubt other mages will be effected. dex requirement on hybrid effects some builds but it doesn't effect support builds much
as they have a 37 dex requirement on artillery strike at max. so its a mixed bag of tricks [Halloween pun?]. still another big step towards a semblance of balance :)

please don't come on the forum raging after this update when more balance changes are coming a week on friday [most likely] and they are necessary.
anyone who switches from tactical merc just because they are being balanced is a terrible kind of player. at least wait a week or so and see how good they are afterwards.
I remember how excited players were when they first heard about the tac merc class, but it seems its the class of choice now not because they enjoy playing it but
because it is really easy to make a highly successful build with them and counter most classes. that is enough indication that something really needed to be done.

@hun Kingq: you continually lie about events ingame and when anyone asks for screenshots or video proof, you say they are't devs so why should you provide proof.
well I think the reason you should provide proof is because you make ridiculous claims ON THE FORUM, where we are supposed to debate those issues.

you said you do intimidate on NPCs and they do equal or more damage. have you considered that primary and gun doesn't have fixed damage, it has a damage range
like 22-27. that means they could hit for 22 one turn and 27 the next [just an example if you had 0 def/res]. intimidate does EXACTLY what it is supposed to.

so yes, you have some good ideas Hun Kingq but people are just learning to ignore you, because you make unfounded claims that only ever effect you and no one else.

Post #: 170
10/7/2011 11:32:12   
Hallodeath

If malf is getting improved with tech,then it's possible with caden's wrath that malf will become strong with plasma bolt.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 171
10/7/2011 12:03:14   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Woah!

Why would you give hybrid armor a dex requirment! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Thanks for more physical defense devs!

I hope you realize adding requirments is still gonna let us be able to use insane support and strength builds, it's because of stat enhances.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 10/7/2011 12:19:24 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
10/7/2011 12:15:08   
frogbones
Banned

Is there really ANY chance that the Balance Team can successfully nerf TlMs?

Because, as Chosen said, simply adding requirements to skills isn't going to affect much at all ....

In ED, I've learned that optimism only means disappointment, but being a pessimist means you're right 90% of the time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 173
10/7/2011 12:19:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

The good thing about the ED community, which is also the worst part, is that we are smart.

Look at dragonfable for instance, everybody there thinks the game is "Perfect." They are like little robots.

In ED, we are NOT easily impressed, we basically demand excellence.

Thats why this game is more fun to play than others.

But, this forums screws our ideas.

We can't do ANYTHING here.

They WANT us to be robots.

Don't fall into this trap ED, stay strong!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 174
10/7/2011 12:29:42   
Ranloth
Banned

@above
Do you even play DF?
We're not easily impressed there, it's fact that we get surpirses often, storyline + art is great and rewards are usually very good as well.
AQ Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New DN 05/10/2011
Page 7 of 23«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition