Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 39 of 40«<3637383940>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2014 15:07:02   
deathlord45

That sounds like interest in Return of Magic and Infection. I'll probably try to have Infection up anyways just so I have some thought input on the idea and setting.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 951
12/2/2014 15:49:21   
kkutwar

Hmm... There was this fan Soul Eater thing I saw once that had the Meisters and their Weapon partners trained to use elemental powers. Perhaps you could retool your Soul Eater idea into a thing involving the study and training of Witch Weapons in order to combat dangerous criminals?

Will there be glorious glorious parasites that give us constantly evolving superpowers while increasingly infecting us in attempt to overtake our bodies? Because Corruption_Vash's Infection series was pretty cool. Wish I wasn't such an idiot back then... Though what exactly do you have in mind by crossing Resident Evil with Parasite Eve? Freaky survival horror as mad scientists try to make Ultimate Lifeforms?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 952
12/2/2014 20:28:13   
deathlord45

This is a possibility for the Soul Eater idea if/when I revive it, as that does sound interesting.

I was thinking of combining Plagus and the mitochondria stuff as well as pull some things from 3rd Birthday by adding in hive minds teleporting and the Reaper style thing. And yes the virus will try to take over your body from time to time, it may even have an identity of it's own with plans for human evolution. I do have a problem with the Ultimate Lifeform thing due how close it is to my second least favorite Final Fantasy(It's 7 btw).

Oh, I also finished with all my semester finals today, so I'll spend the rest of the night consolidating my ideas for Infection, expect a game thread and OOC sometime either Wednesday or Thursday.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 953
12/3/2014 2:05:16   
DA Holder67

I was actually considering bringing back the "original" Infection before settling on building an original world. It was one of my favorite games up with Burning Ashes, and the last time I took a swing at it it didn't get off the ground. That game was so freakin cool. If there's more interest in that than Deadmen I'd definitely be up for running it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 954
12/3/2014 9:22:50   
deathlord45

What was the "original" Infection game series about?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 955
12/3/2014 10:30:45   
DA Holder67

Pretty similar to your game, actually. There's a parasitic outbreak in a small town. Some of the infected turn in to mindless zombies while others get special powers and keep their sanity. You played special infected. It was more grounded in reallty than Dark Infection, the most out there infected were the Hybrids which could release tentacles from their palms, force them down peoples throat, and steal their parasitic powers for themselves.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 956
12/3/2014 16:32:52   
kkutwar

I'm rather fond of personality-based & evolving powers, so would anyone be interested in an A&R where the players and others end up with some weird bio-thing latching onto them giving them personality-derived powers? Basically Inner Being if anyone remembers it, but kind of different.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 957
12/3/2014 16:36:14   
Daimyo Daimyo

What are some examples of these personality powers?
MQ  Post #: 958
12/4/2014 11:34:57   
kkutwar

Well the Symbiote (only becomes a Parasite if the host is evil) has to manually process the information it gets from reading your mind, so the constructed powers tend to vary. Even so, generally you'll get "Elemental" type powers (so Anger = Fire) though again that tends to vary (so Anger could give you a Hate Plague or ampilified strength among others). It would use a system similar to the one I developed for an inFamous thing (call it inFamous Uprising), with the Morality System significantly affecting you. So a Good Host ends up with a cooperative symbiote (generally with restrained and focused powers) while an Evil Host has to compete with their symbiote for domination the more it grows (eventually causing physical mutations as well). The Evil Hosts obviously get more destructive and strong powers, though that's all generalizations really.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 959
12/27/2014 0:11:47   
DA Holder67

Deadmen wasn't generating much interest so I'm going to try something a lot different. Star Wars games have been a UCaG staple for a long time and we haven't had one in forever, so I think its my turn to give it a shot. As I said in the main post, I'm no expert so if any of you know more about the universe I'm totally open to suggestions.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 960
12/27/2014 18:08:10   
Heroic Necro

Well if your looking for antagonists then there's the Empire remnants. The empire didn't just disolve when the emperor died. There were loads of troups scattered throughout the galaxy. Aside from that I'm not sure what you're looking for
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 961
1/1/2015 17:00:39   
bokterier

Hello everybody who's reading this...

I was thinking about making an A&R game that is very unconvential... Making you as OP you want to be (not entirely..) Having you to decide where the story goes, as I only know the begining. It will have RPG elements and some kind of open world(s).

Won't be making it until end of may, but only wanted to know if someone could be thinking about joining. ^_^

~Cheers

< Message edited by bokterier -- 1/1/2015 17:01:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 962
1/1/2015 17:11:52   
kkutwar

Yeah, I'll join that. Really just want to play some A&Rs. Hmm, if anyone is ever in need of ideas I can provide some.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 963
1/1/2015 18:05:42   
1girlhousefan

I might join. Should probably hang out here more. Not as involved as I would like to be anymore.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 964
1/5/2015 0:55:32   
megakyle777

I'd join too since I like Op stuff.
DF  Post #: 965
1/5/2015 7:13:00   
hidan_orochimaru

I might join,but I fear I might be a little too OP than what is intended *cough *Rise of the boss monsters *cough*
DF AQW  Post #: 966
4/3/2015 21:17:40   
kkutwar

1/6/2015 0:04:04

Would anyone be interested in a Superpowers game that starts off with a Mass Super Empowering Event, so heroes and villains alike are going "Who Do I Shot Web"? It would be set in a modern setting, and the Mass Super Empowering Event would end up breaking a Masquerade resulting in "government" agents trying to handle them all.

Now

Is there an A&R concept or thing anyone would like to join? I want to start something, but all my last ideas didn't get a lot of interest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 967
4/6/2015 6:40:20   
megakyle777

Well, if you are still about, I always had a idea/interest for a Game of Thrones style A and R, where you run a Kingdom you make that has a basis on something like smithing or mining and make alliances and betrayals with other players, while all along some ark and eldrrich power waits at the borders of the kingdoms in the dark places waiting, and sooner or later you will need to team up to survive the winter...

I tried to make such a thing, but having no A and R experience and being a lasy guy I never got off the ground, and since I liked your world building you probably would be much better at it then I. XD
DF  Post #: 968
4/7/2015 4:08:13   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: That would almost make more sense as an FSG...
Warning: Defeatist Spoiler
spoiler:

but I'm hesitant to suggest actually starting an FSG, mostly due to the sheer amount of work one would take. Population-wise, we're sort of teetering on the precipice, and we don't really have anyone here with any experience running an FSG anymore, so it'd be a lot of unfamiliar work for something that may not even make it off the ground.
That said, I've almost got too many irons in the fire right now. Still unpacking from moving last week, working on finding a job, my primary computer's effectively dead, and the backup I'm using is absolutely awful (it's a netbook [read: child-sized laptop that is nearly impossible to perform hardware upgrades on] that was obsolete sometime in '03, and even with my technical know-how when it comes to fixing simple issues like a computer running slowly for non-hardware issues, it still takes about a minute to open any browser). Worse still, the only copies of my game's stat formulas are on my main computer, so I'm working with very little information.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 969
4/7/2015 10:12:49   
kkutwar

I've never watched Game of Thrones unfortunately, however I probably could work up an installment of Ten Kingdoms along those lines. Thus each player would get to be a ruler of one of the kingdoms, with The Behemoth (gigantic creature of darkness that could level entire settlements on its own) being a constant worry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 970
4/7/2015 10:15:08   
megakyle777

Just curious, what are the ten kingdoms? Do we make them or are they set in all their ways? Because either one's cool. And The Behemoth sounds good.
DF  Post #: 971
4/7/2015 10:48:50   
kkutwar

The kingdoms would be fully developed, though the player rulers would be able to affect their society.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 972
6/5/2015 9:08:26   
Lord Darkblade

Hey guys. Sorry for not being very active in the past year, I just basically decided that here was not getting boring with the complete and utter lack of games other than Superpowered, which appears to have died. I will try to be a little more active (aka lurk but still check daily).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 973
9/28/2015 16:40:00   
Ell

No posts since June huh? It's been a long time guys. Is UCaG (Forum Games) slowly fading by its own means or is it simply the lower forum activity everywhere? I notice OOC doesn't even get posts anymore, it's a shame.
AQ  Post #: 974
9/29/2015 8:39:22   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: The OOC room has been dead for a while, but the Entertainment Forum is still active. As for the UCaG, it's been slowing down due to low GM activity. I've been working on getting my life together, most of the other GMs have dropped in activity for various reasons, and a lot of the new faces here are just active in PAMs.
I'm glad to see another old face around here. Might be a good thing for the forum.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 38 [39] 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 39 of 40«<3637383940>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition