Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2011 14:31:59   
Pyure

I have an idea that would be helpful to all of the newcomers. I believe that maybe, just maybe AE should balance the powers that came out in alpha, I know they had started on a few, but a few isn't enough, as many of the alpha powers are very underpowered, and require buffing asap. It would create a better environment for the newer players in HS because many of the lower level skills are underpowered. It would also help the higher more experienced players in HS because with the new buffs there will be more options of powers, creating a more diverse and better skillset overall.

AQW Epic  Post #: 101
12/21/2011 19:16:04   
linklink0091

@Pyure one..alpha only has one power...brainfreeze...its rather ok to good...as for the other powers that came out during alpha...they did change a few such as horror and that one fire DoT move that escapes my mind at teh moment...as for the balanceing...really dont put your hopes in AE or the testers to pull some marackuless buff/debuff on powers....its very unlikey it will happen...they might change 4 powers at most each time they change the powers a bit but thats about it

oh and for the inexped players of HS...they can either learn the game or ask for help...otherwise they are going to be inexped for the remader of that game while they play

as for the lower lv skills...they are ment to be weak...hince why they are lower lved powers .-.

quote:

creating a more diverse and better skillset overall.
lmao i would love to see the marjorty of higher lv players be more diverse...but most wont becuase they LOVE to see large numbers when they pvp...thats why in pvp mental builds are often so overused and why 90% of them dont have a single heal with them when they do use it, personly i enjoy things that do 10-90 damge each strike...heck its earned me at least 220 brawl wins and only 9 noob medels and like 40 unstopple medels (even though it counts up to 35) and whats funnyer is most my fights last 8 to 3 mins long

pyure i want a lot of those things to....but its unlikely to happen, when a lot of lower lvs or inexped players ask "what power is best" or "wow what are you useing !?!" or somen to that extent
AQW  Post #: 102
12/22/2011 13:50:59   
Sir Night

I'm not even sure where to post this, but I found a big problem.

I was playing a team battle and one of my teammates kept healing all of our points away and he refused to stop because he wanted the medic badge. Either healing yourself should just be penalized and you get no badge for it, or if you do get a badge for it don't penalize the team when someone tries to get that badge.

EDIT: Actually it isn't fair anyway to penalize a whole team just because one person on that team keeps healing themself.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 12/22/2011 13:55:37 >
Post #: 103
12/22/2011 14:34:05   
Terra

I think the Healing penalty shouldn't be THAT high. I mean, If you lose almost as many points as the ones your opponent gets when he kills you then what's the point in Healing?

Oh and Sir Night, the best place to get Medic is Power Defence because in that mode you don't get penalised for anything and your score can only go up. So if you run into anyone like that again tell them to help you out and then start playing Power Defence after the match is over.
Post #: 104
12/22/2011 22:05:50   
linklink0091

what baffles me more is...when they describe the differnt pvp...they never mentioned healing makes you lose points in team brawl....actuly...why must we be punshied for healing team mates..

AQW  Post #: 105
12/22/2011 23:54:15   
Ninja Assassin24_HS

I just came to this conclusion via doing a couple of PvP's with some people. I may end up rementioning things, but they need to have some attention brought to them.

A.Stupefacio:Needs a chance of miss like bash because if not evenly balanced out, you have maybe 1-2 seconds to hit in battle, making the other person almost invulnerable.
B.Death Touch:Death Touch is a great power, but when used with powers that boost Shadow moves, it is a serious and unfair threat to offending players.
C.Combo:Reality Rend and Abra Cadavra together is a SERIOUSLY powerful combo. I realized this when I battled my brother and he one-hit-ko'd me with a crit of 900.
D.Frozen Doom:Very uncommon but a unfair advantage somewhat like I mentioned with Death Touch.

I will keep you informed with more powers I see that should be modified.
-Ninja Assassin24
Post #: 106
12/23/2011 18:21:30   
Arachnid

quote:

A.Stupefacio:Needs a chance of miss like bash because if not evenly balanced out, you have maybe 1-2 seconds to hit in battle, making the other person almost invulnerable.
B.Death Touch:Death Touch is a great power, but when used with powers that boost Shadow moves, it is a serious and unfair threat to offending players.
C.Combo:Reality Rend and Abra Cadavra together is a SERIOUSLY powerful combo. I realized this when I battled my brother and he one-hit-ko'd me with a crit of 900.
D.Frozen Doom:Very uncommon but a unfair advantage somewhat like I mentioned with Death Touch.

A: Agreed. I always thought stuns in PvP are stupid, because you can kill someone before they even touch you.
B: What move boosts shadow powers? I have yet to have seen one.
C: One hit ko's should not happen, and that's that.
D: Frozen Doom is the power you get for ordering a t-shirt. It can be as overpowered as it wants too.

All in all, I'm enjoying pvp. Mostly because I played a match aganst all level 20's, and I won. And I didn't die a single time.
Unstoppable?
Hell yeah!

~Lady Zafara

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 12/23/2011 18:22:04 >
AQW  Post #: 107
12/23/2011 22:14:28   
linklink0091

quote:

mmkay...one stupid has already been debuffed, though i wouldnt mind it missing once and a while...it can still be easyly bipassed...if you cant figer it out yet..ask some players in game to assisted you or on the fourm...most likely more then one person will help you find ways to fight stunners
as for death touch...and "shadow"boosting moves...only two things coem to mind that CAN buff shadow...yergism and disease from skull deep...with that being says as of its cooldown it is only good if used "smart"...if players spam that on the spot when it can be used...thiers not much to fear from that skill then
as for this mental build you stated...rend was bebuffed as well...and thats not whats maken it hit 900s...it helps but thats not the onyl reason..you need super intell which increases all mental damge by 100% and crit chance by 50% while rend increases it by another 30-50% and also increase crit chance..by what i dont know becuase i would have to use a mental move 1000 times while in the effect of rend..and that just takes to much time...i rather not test that...if you ant teh exact number on that ask staff member who might know this like dumoose

frozen doom is rather...very ballanced if you ask me...becuase the cooldown is rather long and it uses a lot of mana once used...soo wit ha 30 sec DoT...at a rate of i belive 40 to 50...is rather fair for the mana cost and the skill cooldown

and for you ~Lady Zafara ...frozen doom is a power form deathgate.....the tshirt power is called artic blast...do some research befor speaking so confidently about powers

artic blast isnt even THAT strong....12 sec cooldown doing like 120-150 damge unbuffed...and its short range...frankly i was expecting more from a skill that costed me real life money...but this can be expect from any form of SC moves as well

link has again spoken -,.-

p.s i was just fired from work...so i rather no one try to undermind my thoughts on here for a day or so, make it tad easyer on me and not get me upset

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 12/23/2011 22:20:31 >
AQW  Post #: 108
12/24/2011 16:53:24   
Flamestar 4132
Banned

Is anyone else having trouble with other players leaving during a match?
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
12/27/2011 7:23:16   
linklink0091

with this new war....thiers nothen but vamp bite's in pvp....i feel noob usen it now...even though i was one of the first to get the skill when it came out....
AQW  Post #: 110
12/27/2011 13:05:16   
Arachnid

quote:

do some research befor speaking so confidently about powers

I mixed up the names, Jesus...Get over yourself.

quote:

with this new war....thiers nothen but vamp bite's in pvp....i feel noob usen it now...even though i was one of the first to get the skill when it came out....

This makes me feel awesome. For the record, I was the first one to get it.
Lady Zafara has spoken.
quote:

Is anyone else having trouble with other players leaving during a match?

I have no problem with it. I play the free for all, so it would only bug me if it was power defense or 3v3.
With the amount of people that leave free for all, I'd have to say, yes, it could be a problem.

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 111
12/28/2011 0:31:46   
linklink0091

lols ill rephrase my self x3 first person who didnt create it
AQW  Post #: 112
12/28/2011 0:49:54   
Shadowlord9k

Link: Wrong-o, the person who added and or tested it before it was released had it first.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
12/28/2011 4:52:43   
linklink0091

why is everyone on my case about that...use some common sense...im one of the first "public" players to get it...do i need to make it any simpler so you all dont bust your brains trying to infer my statements?
AQW  Post #: 114
12/28/2011 13:47:51   
Shadowlord9k

Link: Wow, there's no reason to get angry and misspell even more I was simply point out your poor wording. Oh not to mention that there is no way to check how the items were bought and by who, making your boast lies at best.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
12/28/2011 14:09:52   
Antithesis

quote:

Link: Wow, there's no reason to get angry and misspell even more I was simply point out your poor wording. Oh not to mention that there is no way to check how the items were bought and by who, making your boast lies at best.

quote:

no reason to get angry and misspell even more I was simply point out your poor wording.

quote:

misspell even more I was simply point out your poor wording.

quote:

was simply point out

Wat

I suggest you check yourself so you don't make silly grammar mistakes whilst correcting another's grammar.

He was 'simply point' out that he got it early, no need to rage.

< Message edited by Antithesis -- 12/28/2011 14:15:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
12/28/2011 15:20:54   
Shadowlord9k

Anti: Tiredness+auto correct, I usually don't make that many mistakes.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
12/28/2011 18:04:24   
linklink0091

while my grammer will forever be horried....please dont corret it unless it a word i cant spell or someone may not know what it is by infer-ing what it is...becuase you might not knwo why i spell this way, let alone type

i only snaped becuase i get tired of ppl houndind other ppl for stupid crap...frankly i bet you all would to if you was repeatly scoolded over the same thing
AQW  Post #: 118
12/28/2011 21:48:57   
monster116

@link: im sry to say this.. but i can't stand you boasting anymore o.e
you get pissed fast thats fine with me.. but better watch your words.

quote:

i get tired of ppl houndind other ppl for stupid crap

quote:

do i need to make it any simpler so you all dont bust your brains trying to infer my statements?

Everyone has a heart..
everyone has feelings you got to respect..
those words may not mean a lot to you.
but hey.. it might mean a lot to them..

quote:

oh and btw you didn't state

quote:

im one of the first "public" players to get it...

this in your first post thats why people misunderstood you. just making it clear..

oh about grammar.. no ones perfect

AQW Epic  Post #: 119
12/28/2011 21:57:13   
rejaylob

Why the hell is everyone fighting about the grammar????

~Mr-Co0L
AQ Epic  Post #: 120
12/28/2011 23:28:05   
Devastate

Please be reminded that as much as possible, we want to make this forum clean from arguments and certain disagreements.

quote:

Do not post anything that may offend or inflame another user.

That includes, but is not limited to:

Any sexually explicit images or language,
Graphic violence,
Offensive language that targets another based on gender, race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion or lifestyle.

The AE forum staff reserves the right to remove any content that is deemed objectionable in a public community and levy any penalties that may be considered appropriate.

Profanity and other foul language is not permitted in any form, including acronyms or self-censoring. It is not permitted in a post, in a title or in a forum account name. Evading the forum filter is also prohibited. AE forum staff reserve the right to remove or rename any instances of foul languages and to apply any consequences deemed necessary.
taken from : http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17051217.

If there are any disputes do settle them by Pms. :)
Post #: 121
12/29/2011 0:44:48   
Antithesis

Devastate, comin' in with the hammer!

You never finished your comment on my story, bub. You have created a cliffhanger for me. And it wasn't even in a story.

Very well played.

As for PvP, Leaderboards still don't reflect skill. There should be an official tournament or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
12/29/2011 0:46:30   
linklink0091

lols thats fine monster, not many ppl can stand any form of arrogance...i normaly dont boost about a lot of things...just things i know i toke time to learn and understand .-.

as for watchen my comments...i see them..i mean them....im rather blunt..if no one likes it so what

as for ppls feelins normaly i would say your right...but iv become rather detached on how ppl feel...includen my self

as for those comments bout vamp bite...can we please move on...we are beating a dead horse

edit: yes please can we have somen pvp related that shows skill...points are worthless e.e

< Message edited by linklink0091 -- 12/29/2011 0:48:07 >
AQW  Post #: 123
12/29/2011 0:59:14   
Devastate

Oh Anti, don't worry I'll get back to it as soon as I finish some school related stuff. I've finished the first two panels and should be starting to read the last and make comments as well.

I do agree with your suggestion of a tournament to determine who's the best and who's the .. well.. flunking one! +1 for that :)
Post #: 124
12/29/2011 1:06:39   
monster116

+1 to Tournament
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition