Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/29/2011 1:13:53   
Blackshock

At least make the tourney have level brackets. I absolutely hate being teamed up with single digit levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 126
12/29/2011 2:05:36   
Qin

Yeah thats so true blackshock... At least noobs know what they should be facing at.
Post #: 127
12/29/2011 2:13:35   
Blackshock

I suggest there should a least be sublevels for 3v3 pvp:

• 1-10 beginner's league
  • 11-20 champion's league
  • 20 only - veteran's battlefield
  • any level - no holds barred

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 128
12/29/2011 2:58:07   
rejaylob

+1 Tournament

~Mr-Co0L
AQ Epic  Post #: 129
12/29/2011 10:44:00   
Arachnid

quote:

I suggest there should a least be sublevels for 3v3 pvp:

1-10 beginner's league
11-20 champion's league
20 only - veteran's battlefield
any level - no holds barred

Yes. Btw, nice siggy. =p

@link
I apologize for "hounding you". However, you weren't exactly a perfect angel in this. And if me and shadow are "everyone", then I feel special.
Either way, I apologize.

~Lady Zafara
AQW  Post #: 130
12/29/2011 11:16:56   
Blackshock

@zaf: Danke, from one vamp to another. I just hope the staff handle this issue with level mismatches. It's not fair for newbies to be matched against vets, nor is it fair for vets to have newbies as dead weight. An alternative to the bracket system would be a matchmaking system, but I fear that it could lessen the potential participants of a 3v3 match were it's parameters too narrow.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 131
12/29/2011 13:52:00   
Terra

@Blackshock: That would probably be the case. And since HS isn't nearly as popular as AQW with only 500-600 players online most of the time, it would make matchmaking fill up slower.
Post #: 132
12/29/2011 15:17:55   
linklink0091

~Lady Zafara

i thank you for saying that, after all i cant exactly be a angel seeing thats not who i am (everyone is a dirty dirty siner so to speak)
quote:

And if me and shadow are "everyone", then I feel special.
actuly thiers a lot more players who feel the way you do about me i was just adressing them all at once

i prolly shouldnt jump to snaping so easily....but im around a lot of ignerent ppl .-. and i need to vent one way or another...so dont take my "insults" to heart

as for that lv filter system...how i would love that..that would make earning medels fair for one...that would make earning points fair as well and would stop ppl from boosting about getting 10 kills and 0 deaths when they actuly faced lv 14 or less players when they are lv 20....not only that that would stop for the most part unfair team games...this will also show which player is better from player to player rep by who wins the most

@terra frankly it would be worth it to wait a bit longer to get a game with some sport in it for once....
AQW  Post #: 133
12/29/2011 15:53:47   
Terra

@link: True enough. Since most players are Level 19-20 anyway it won't be that big a wait. (PvP players that is)

< Message edited by Terra -- 12/29/2011 15:54:15 >
Post #: 134
12/29/2011 19:03:20   
linklink0091

personly i want the lv filters to be 1-10 then 11-15 then 16-20

becuase players at lv 1-10...90% of the time dont know much about the game to make a "strong" build
AQW  Post #: 135
12/29/2011 19:13:52   
Terra

Also, they're not worth the points if you kill them. You get measly points and then another player (low level or not) comes along and kills you racking up even more points than you for killing a higher or equal level.
Post #: 136
12/29/2011 20:42:13   
Blackshock

Maybe they should have assigned points per pvp takedown based on level. I developed a simple system to deal with it.

quote:

enemy lvl - player lvl = point multiplier

Final pvp point earned = standard point (fixed value) x point multiplier

Example:

I'm level 20 and I beat a level 10. assuming 100 points are given for a takedown:

10/20 = 0.5 point multiplier

final score for that kill = 100 x 0.5 = 50. Thus, half points for killing someone half your level.

Now if we reverse the situation (a level 10 takes down a level 20)

20/10 = 2

final score for that kill = 100 x 2 = 200. thus, more points for taking down a higher level target.

The system could use more refinement, but I believe it will help even out the point distribution between level gaps. I hope
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 137
12/31/2011 18:06:32   
Terra

Which Powers do you guys think are the most irritating? I vote for both stun Powers and Pandora's Grace. I can still beat players that use them but it's just so frustrating when they use these Powers! -.-'
Post #: 138
12/31/2011 19:21:12   
linklink0091

personly...i dislike chudlings...but now i can easly get past it :l i still dont like it and pandra is a pain at times

AQW  Post #: 139
12/31/2011 19:26:28   
Sir Night

quote:

Which Powers do you guys think are the most irritating?

Stupifacio, dodgy powers, and Pony Charge. Although Pony Charge is only on that list when I don't have a strong DOT game set up.
Post #: 140
12/31/2011 19:38:19   
Terra

Oh yeah I forgot Pony Charge! That too! Some people use Stuns AND Pony Charge or Pandora's Grace! Argh...total pain in the "you know what"...
Post #: 141
1/4/2012 11:14:09   
Kellix13

FIX THE STUPID LVL BALANCE IN PVP! I END UP ENEMY TEAM:3 LVL 20S MY TEAM:ME LV9 AND 1 LV20 I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 142
1/4/2012 23:49:29   
Antithesis

They need to update it so you can only use one legendary at a time.

/thread
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
1/4/2012 23:53:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

They need to fix Legendary Powers by nerfing them some. Just because you had to suffer through dozens of matches in PvP and pay a hefty amount of fame does not give these skills the right to be so OPd compared to skills of similar level. It would be fine if the game wasn't PvP, but it is. Also, you get these OPd skills by fighting through PvP. So to get OPd skills and win at PvP a lot, you have to go through PvP and win a lot. Sounds like fun right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
1/5/2012 11:16:20   
Sir Night

As I said in the other thread I do think it could be a good idea to limit the number of Legendary Powers that you can use at a time. But most of them aren't so overpowered on their own because the stronger ones usually have high cooldown times and high energy costs.

Remeber too that Legendary Powers are available for everyone. You just need to level up and get them. Stupefacio, on the other hand, can still be one of the cheapest powers in the game and it's probably the only rare power that hasn't become less valuable for lvl 20 players.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 1/5/2012 12:38:45 >
Post #: 145
1/5/2012 14:28:28   
linklink0091

the L.powers are fine as they are ment to be stronger then other powers, let that go that they are stronger...gets annoying...but yes...usen more then 3 at once is rather unfair...aside from mana suport skills..im all thumbs up for that :3

but as sir night, my self and other players stated...even Bhod's NPC they are the strongest powers known to HS world (what is it called actuly :l ) but as we continue to repeat this...thier should be a limit to how many should be used..personaly im cool with 3 at TOPS but thats pushing it...i say that cuase as of now im usen 200 mana every sec or so...and i need two mana heals in my most current build :l which dose happen to be fashion sense...since that skill dose not do major influence other then to (wow i spelled influence right without the darn spell check XD ) alow me to spam da crap out of my fast paste skills and give a small settle heal of 70-85 HoT for 15 sec .-. at a rate of every tick at 2 secs...

these skills are fair in power since they are ment to be the strongest in game...its unfair to players who use 3+ of them to slauter players...cept when you have L.powers builds agenst other L.power builds *in some cases*

i vote for brakets of pvp not only in lv but on how many L.powers one can use this including the same lv brakets i stated earlyer of

lv 1-10 lv 11-15 lv 16-19 and then lv 20 where either you step up or shut up :l then as a added optin...break down the each pvp mode or make entire new pvp modes based on how many L.powers are in your set up...this will keep ppl from complaine for the most part untill somen new arises

and still waiting for that leaderboard change on win/lose kill/death

:V poweh to hyrule
AQW  Post #: 146
1/5/2012 21:00:45   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

As far as I know, their probably isn't any way to limit the powers you can equip. So Legendary Powers will probably need to be nerfed some, unless the team can find a way to make powers limited. But I'm not too sure about the last option.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
1/6/2012 0:28:12   
linklink0091

i really think a lot of ppl will get mad at that if they nerf them all....when they are ment to be stronger :l
AQW  Post #: 148
1/6/2012 0:40:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The powers benefit the players who were here longest since they could get the Medals without having to deal with OPd Legendary Power builds and be level 20. The skills should have some advantage over other level 20 skills, but they shouldn't smash the average lvl 20 skill into the ground. You also shouldn't be torn to pieces if you fight someone who has them and you don't. They need nerfed. They shouldn't be so powerful compared to other lvl 20 skills even with the requirements and cost. If they both got hiked immensely(Rank 60+ and 100k creds or more) then you could say they deserve the power they have right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
1/6/2012 0:50:04   
linklink0091

its not easy to get them when pvp was new either...and these other lv 20 skilsl you speak of are uber easy to get...a monky could get them...its how they are put together that makes them either really bad or SOOO OP they need nerfen cuase ppl dont know what skills put together make that build OP....thats what happen with for the most part with the last nerf fest...and i grantee thats going to happen again if they nerf

and with the fact you need to get past such tough foes to get these powers makes them fairly just on thier own...and ill keep saying this..no skill is OP...its the build thats OP cept super intell...it was rasien crit chance to 50% at lv 1...
AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition