Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/9/2012 17:58:55   
linklink0091

rampage dose not lower your foes attack...it only increaes yours and dum luck is not a counter part of rampage
AQW  Post #: 176
3/9/2012 20:51:51   
Phoenix Myth

Toreado should really be nerfed, if anyone says otherwise then they just want to keep using an overpowered power.

AQW  Post #: 177
3/9/2012 20:53:08   
Antithesis

Toreado has a sixty second cooldown and is one of the hardest Legendary powers to earn.

No.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
3/9/2012 21:35:55   
Phoenix Myth

Toreado is all you really need that and Fashion Sense. I have a great build, and I KNOW I do this time. People use Toreado and tear me apart because I can't get damage in. That is just ONE power against my entire build.
AQW  Post #: 179
3/9/2012 23:58:21   
Antithesis

Hence why you want it nerfed?

That seems a little hypocritical don't you think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
3/10/2012 2:16:37   
blank452

@Drakkos
If you know that Toreado means your opponent can't be hit, then what is stopping you from simply running away?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 181
3/10/2012 8:03:24   
Phoenix Myth

Why should one power be able to stop an entire build by itself? Read what I am typing.
AQW  Post #: 182
3/10/2012 8:40:10   
plebster

Doesn't toreado only last for 6 seconds anyway?! Vampire bite will still work.

Also drakkos, I beat you at lvl 13 then you beat me, we need a decider, I'm vestige btw

< Message edited by plebster -- 3/10/2012 8:46:13 >
AQW  Post #: 183
3/10/2012 9:08:39   
blank452

@Plebster
It lasts for 10secs, with a 50sec window in which it can't be used, if no haste modifiers are in play. Any effects, like DoTs, placd upon the Toreado user prior to them using Toreado will still hit them. Also unavoidable skills like Stupefacio and Grav Warp still work.

@Drakkos
I am reading what you are writing. You mention Toreado is OP, you say you have a "great build" (how very subjective of you) and you can't dmg your opponent for the 10secs Toreado is active. That says to me either you are playing your build wrong against a Toreado user, or your build is specifically countered by Toreado.

There is no "1 size fits all" build. There will always be skills that will be better against others, yet when you find one that you can't handle, try something different. Like I've said above you can always run away until the 10secs has finished. You can hit them with Grav Warp so as to haste nerf them into the ground then target another player. Maybe even not use Grav Warp, just leave the Toreado-ing player alone and focus on some other player.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 184
3/10/2012 10:14:51   
Phoenix Myth

I am saying that Toreado ALONE is enough to stop FIVE powers together.
AQW  Post #: 185
3/10/2012 11:23:09   
blank452

That's 'cos Toreado is meant to put your dodge through the roof. If you attack someone when they are Toreado-ing, you can be 90% sure they will dodge it. Toreado doesn't stop the powers, just raises the likelihood of them being dodged.

Toreado is a hyper defensive skill. The best way to deal with such skills is to let them finish whilst you wait for the time you can hit them again.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 186
3/10/2012 13:59:58   
Antithesis

It isn't overpowered. It beats your build, so what?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
3/10/2012 15:04:13   
Phoenix Myth

It beats any build no matter how good the build. Prove me wrong. I dare you.
AQW  Post #: 188
3/10/2012 15:27:00   
Antithesis

I've beaten Toreado users in 1v1 numerous times with Gravity... It makes them attack you slower. Also, healing yourself can make you survive.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
3/10/2012 16:09:47   
Phoenix Myth

You are full of crap, I am done with you. ignored
AQW  Post #: 190
3/10/2012 16:23:00   
Shadowlord9k

Drakkos: That was immature. All Anti did was tell you what you asked for.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 191
3/10/2012 16:48:23   
plebster

Drakkos calm down mate, when I won another 2 duels against you to satisfy the 1-1 score when I was lvl 13, you started cursing just because you thought my build was too OP, I mean, well I'm a lvl 16, I don't have expelliamos (which is like the only non lvl 20 OP power), and I was being so friendly to you. Btw guys I used warrior spirit, frozen wrath, brain freeze, vampire bite, and the first time I used stupefacio, then I changed it for episkea for the second duel.

And with the toreado issue, use it your self, ever heard of "if you can't beat them, join them"?
But anyway, it would be beatable with antithesis' method of gravity and heals, I can't see how that wouldn't work in fact, so get gravity warp, then use fashion sense maybe with super interlect, then wait till toreado is out, then use attacking moves and that's toreado user beaten

< Message edited by plebster -- 3/10/2012 16:50:22 >
AQW  Post #: 192
3/11/2012 0:22:09   
Chuck the Awesome

Toreado does not to be nerfed because of it's cooldown. My friend ( with toreado) and I ( with grav warp). When we fight, it is usually a clean match where it is anyones game. It is a very good defensive move and, as I said earlier, the cooldown is perfectly fine.
Post #: 193
3/11/2012 4:17:49   
Antithesis

Lolwut? Okay.

Just don't come crawling back for a re-add when you rage delete me again for no reason.

Everyone agrees that Toreado isn't an issue. It's just good against burst builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
3/11/2012 10:36:15   
Zeuzt

Seriously? again
Drakkos?
Yes i'm just level 12 and I live long enough against those
toreado or viva la legendary users to at least sap out 85%
of their hp until they heal
yes but I saw this guy who used toreado against toreado
believe me they kept missing
plus a lot of people with toreado lose
maybe your build is full of instant dmg my build is a
DoT HoT build yes sometimes my foes die after me
back to my point those posts are gonna get deleted
Post #: 195
3/24/2012 22:48:41   
Tally

I still really feel as though there should be max of 1 (alright maybe 2) legendary powers a build. I'm seeing too many people fill their builds with them, and not actually strategizing.
But do you guys remember in PvP testing times when in a queue for 3vs3, it would start the match with just 2vs2 if the last 2 people weren't showing up fast enough? I kinda liked it that way. Currently, if even 1 person doesn't show up when the match starts, it sends us all back to Smashdome. It'd be nice if that queue was set up similar to how the Royale queue is (max of 5 people, but will start the match with at least 3), but setting a minimum of 4 people for a 2vs2 match if no more queue for it, or don't show up.

Basically, if the Team Brawl queue was set up the same way as the Power Defense queue. xD

< Message edited by Tally -- 3/24/2012 22:52:24 >
DF MQ  Post #: 196
3/24/2012 23:41:10   
Antithesis

I agree with Tally on this one for sure. I don't know why they changed that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
3/25/2012 20:44:57   
rejaylob

if the use of legendary power is limited to 1.. then i choose no other than.. Fashion sense xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 198
3/26/2012 1:02:05   
plebster

Yeah most people would go with fashion sense, so maybe one defensive/boost/heal and one attacking move would be a good limit for legendary powers.
AQW  Post #: 199
3/26/2012 11:07:17   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

quote:

But do you guys remember in PvP testing times when in a queue for 3vs3, it would start the match with just 2vs2 if the last 2 people weren't showing up fast enough?

I very much liked it that way. I was annoyed to find out they had changed it, in fact. -.-

Oh, yes, and Drakkos, there are many ways to counter a build with Toreado. Just calm down, and be willing to change your build to fit the situation, if you must. Also, don't blow off all your powers when it's active. It really helps to keep track of what effects both you and your opponent have on them, and then to change your in-battle strategy accordingly.

Yeeeah... I'd probably choose Fashion Sense most of the time, too. XD

Makes me wonder what would be considered defensive, and what wouldn't, because Oblivion Blast and Shadow Slice could very well be considered defensive powers, along with possibly Chud Rash.
DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= PvP Balance Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition