Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2012 2:14:05   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

Good to know blues! I hope this system works well. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
7/26/2012 2:21:25   
Selutu
Constructive

@blues
Interesting... Very interesting... Any spoilers?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
7/26/2012 2:26:13   
BumFoolingGuy

Well they could add to sleathwings would something that could work would be some sort of a juice can game(With three opening sounds of the juice can opening at the same time at the start) that from places to places has different backgrounds, like sitting on the ground, sitting next to tables, on the staircases(For a announcer running around later on for some character development, in which would appears next on a screen early on)

Except what would be the generic can vegetable/fruit juice that's kinda bland and inky drinking lukewarm from the can here, and the amount,your expressions,recuperation moments, and the time limit.

In which could get harder and harder, by which the sickness moments can suddenly appear faster later on during the game meter rises up from certain percent areas, like the quarter amount and slow during the rise to the quarter percents

(Which we could see some character development slowly and the sounds of and what could happen)
Like coughing, feeling of throwing up/puke, face the table on either three three faces side by side with a recuperate moment somewhat simple fun to click on, yet pressuring at later in the games for a larger amount of can juice drank before the time limit diminishes with less amount

With a chance of either you being last and has to fight either the other houses during the time limit of equipment selecting during if the other two houses wins first and second it alters between either the first wins then battle the third or the second wins and battle the third while the third gets at least a chance to get a victory by fighting both with no heal(In HP and EP) between them for a victory

< Message edited by BumFoolingGuy -- 7/26/2012 2:42:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/26/2012 5:15:34   
Gamemastersam

quote:

We already thought about a "fair" system and YAY we found one! Problem is the implementation because nasty Gremlins donīt like fair GGīs.
Maybe WB fed them after midnight or poured water on them but weīre working on it.

i have a strong feeling WB will still smash the other houses
DF MQ  Post #: 29
7/26/2012 5:47:43   
ScytheOfShadows

Good to hear... but I won't be placing any credits on it until we see it for ourselves. And the new HMs(I remember blues saying they were made excessively OP... iirc) would also be a good incentive.

When was the last time I logged into MQ again...?

quote:

i have a strong feeling WB will still smash the other houses

"I will return." Douglas MacArthur
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
7/26/2012 6:21:31   
blues
Legendary AdventureGuide!

No, the new HMīs will not be too powerful, they just get some new features we donīt have ingame yet.
No spoilers for now but when the system works it will be really fair.
Post #: 31
7/26/2012 6:25:54   
Selutu
Constructive

@blues
No maybe some spoilers when the GG is near? :P
You got me very curious... Could it be something to do with challenge fights? :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
7/26/2012 6:33:38   
blues
Legendary AdventureGuide!

When everything works as intended we will tell you of course. But I donīt know yet, vivi knows more for sure.
The spoilers I can give you are: No house should be able to win a fight faster (less turns needed) than the others and the total number of players which belong to a certain house should also not affect the total number of wins ( doesnīt matter how many players from a certain house are fighting in comparison to the other houses).
Post #: 33
7/26/2012 6:35:34   
The Cow says MOO

Y'know, I hope the GGs will be fair, but still, it'll be a war, and if it is, the forum will be flowing with posts supporting their own house.

Then everyone can guess which house the forums will be supporting the most.

Runehawk

That's because every pro on the forums are Runehawkers, I assure you, if the Runehawk house leader said something like, Our mechs can defeat the hardest of challenges, and we have famous star captains from our house, such as bla bla bla......, to persuade you to join, I'll guarantee, their numbers will skyrocket
Post #: 34
7/26/2012 9:15:33   
Hoggs Bison

Hopefully the Corrupted House Mechas will still be there, dat Corrupted Runehawk...
MQ  Post #: 35
7/26/2012 10:03:39   
Selutu
Constructive

@blues
Hmmm... That sounds very interesting...
Hope to find out more.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
7/26/2012 10:46:47   
EinhanderX01

quote:

No house should be able to win a fight faster (less turns needed) than the others and the total number of players which belong to a certain house should also not affect the total number of wins ( doesnīt matter how many players from a certain house are fighting in comparison to the other houses).

Playing the devil's advocate; as much as I like balancing out the GG, it just doesn't seem right that in this case, WB appears to have been nerfed.

Unless playing as WB means RH and MR opponents are level-boosted to increase HP/EP and drag the battle out longer. Which is still somewhat unfair from a general standpoint. Then again, it's just another handicap for WB.

Regardless, I'll hold further judgement until the exact details are released.

And regarding the AWB; yes, its Body's 2-Turn Stun still isn't guaranteed in the level 35 and 40 versions, but I find that it activates often enough to build a decent Stun Chain around. And is actually pretty valuable considering it's a Non-Rare (to WB players). Or if anyone had any decent Forced Cooldown weapons, a Stun/Forced CD build. Of course, the simplest action nowadays is to just spam Kelvin Head and Body over and over (with a Solar Panel and other EN-boosting equipment equipped).
Post #: 37
7/26/2012 11:37:08   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

No house should be able to win a fight faster (less turns needed) than the others and the total number of players which belong to a certain house should also not affect the total number of wins ( doesnīt matter how many players from a certain house are fighting in comparison to the other houses).

I`m looking forward to see the solution you guys and gals came up with in order to accomplish this. The GG are fun, but for me the fun factor gets diminished when I see that one of the Houses has way more players then the other 2 ones. I have been in WB since the beginning aka when the houses were introduced. But I want competition! If WB wins because it has the best mecha for the job and the most players affiliated, than the victory is a little bitter-sweet.

Thinking, speculating and trying to come up with solutions on how the GG could be made more "fair" for all the houses, I`m thinking that a revamp is in order. Scrap everything and come up with something totally different. Scrap the Duel, mecha ball and all past quests and do something new. Too elaborate I`m thinking that each house should be given different challenges, missions and trials based on the power and abilities of their house mecha or based on their ingame background. Like for WB a mission where you have to best X number of enemies to complete it. For RH a mission that deals with more "intelligence" things, like fixing a circuit board aka playing through a minigame (since it`s stated that they spend plenty of time with their noses in books :-P) and so on and so forth. Multiple quests that are different for all houses but relatively take the same amount of time to complete...in order to make it fair for all players. And of course 3 individual GG progression meters for each house. Just an idea...

The issue that one house has way more members then the others, so basically they can rally and raise the meter faster then the rest is harder to overcome. Best idea remains what has been done last year, giving WB more stuff to do in comparison with the other houses. But that`s not exactly fair, didn`t really work and it was tried last year. So that`s a tough one.

But like I said, I`m really excited and curious to see what solution our developers have come up with and can`t wait for the GG!

< Message edited by Balu -- 7/26/2012 11:53:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
7/26/2012 12:15:10   
Gamemastersam

You know, im not completely sure if i want the GG to be balanced against the WB. we try our best and people would rage if the GG was against the WB. IMO if those RH want to win this year they need to try harder instead of arguing about the GGs balance. No offence.
And also:
quote:

Playing the devil's advocate; as much as I like balancing out the GG, it just doesn't seem right that in this case, WB appears to have been nerfed.

that will definitly make me rage if the supposed weakest house is nerfed.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 12:42:44 >
DF MQ  Post #: 39
7/26/2012 12:28:18   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

for crying out loud, these are the gear GAMES, not the gear war, we are not supposed to care with the winners, but with having FUN, I only made this threat because its getting absurd the advantage in WB, and according to Blues, AE seens to be thinking the same thing. so swallow your pride and give the other players a chance to be happy if their house bring the throphy ONCE
DF AQW  Post #: 40
7/26/2012 12:42:14   
Gamemastersam

quote:

for crying out loud, these are the gear GAMES, not the gear war, we are not supposed to care with the winners, but with having FUN, I only made this threat because its getting absurd the advantage in WB, and according to Blues, AE seens to be thinking the same thing. so swallow your pride and give the other players a chance to be happy if their house bring the throphy ONCE

Calm down, count to ten and start breathing. i was only saying that i dont want it to be balanced in a way such as nerfing the WB or having us use lower lvl models vs. enemy houses advanced models or something like that. It would be hard to even the odds without completely unfair advantages against WB. and thats why i said:

quote:

im not completely sure if i want the GG to be balanced against the WB.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 12:43:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 41
7/26/2012 13:47:13   
caseybp

Finnaly WB might lose! (Is a WB pilot) But I also happen to be switching to MR this year! Like I sead I would do last year, so don't think I'm switching now just to stay un defeted. I'm going to be a raven win or lose.
"I am a raven, no more, no less." -Jack O
If u get the quote, give urself a cookie. You earned it.
-sent from my berry phone
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
7/26/2012 13:49:22   
forumlogin

I just want the GG so I can switch around my characters. 1 char needs to go to RH, 1 needs to go to MR, 1 needs to go to WB.

The new system might be interesting, but if any of the past wars are any indicator, making it harder for WB to win isn't going to actually stop them from winning. ;P
DF MQ  Post #: 43
7/26/2012 14:23:21   
.R.M.

The new system will make this GG more interesting, for sure... I wonder who's going to win now? :o

One of the reasons that WB wins a lot was/is because of all the people in WB. Some people come back JUST for the GG. Knowing that this GG won't depend on numbers, that means it'll be harder for WB to win this time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/26/2012 14:38:41   
Gamemastersam

quote:

that means it'll be harder for WB to win this time.

I beg to differ. WB always wins. and im not just saying that because im WB. weve won every game every year and whatever the staff does will not change anything. Sheer numbers will overwhelm the other houses as before and the trophy will remain in WBs house. In short, i have very little hope for the staffs attempt at balancing the GG. Sorry if i sound pessimistic but thats the GG every year.
DF MQ  Post #: 45
7/26/2012 14:59:13   
.R.M.

I didn't say that WB wouldn't win. I'd say they'd have a harder time. -.-
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
7/26/2012 15:30:14   
Gamemastersam

@^and i was saying we wouldnt have a harder time. it is probably going to be as easy as every year.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 16:26:27 >
DF MQ  Post #: 47
7/26/2012 16:02:12   
Hoggs Bison

^

Your posts sound a little biased...

*Anxiously waits for newsletter*
MQ  Post #: 48
7/26/2012 16:26:39   
Lord Coake

@Hoggs are you kidding, I only hear more biased things in the Dage vs Nulgath war threads in the AdventureQuest Worlds forums.
AQW  Post #: 49
7/26/2012 16:31:33   
Gamemastersam

Judging from the past 5 years, the GG is something that only a warrior can win. So yes, it is biased for the WB. were going to win.
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition