Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2012 19:38:09   
Whirlwindstorm2

^ I agree completely with the fact that non vars shouldn't get THAT compensation. But perhaps something smaller? After all, we're all just players waiting for the update. ALL of us are.
Post #: 101
12/20/2012 19:41:49   
Jekyll

From what I see, the compensation appears to be for people who have already taken out money, ready to support the new phase. Hence, the staff is merely giving them more in return for their troubles.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 102
12/20/2012 19:42:49   
Mother1

@ vegafire

Or that could earn 10K points and get the promo and not spend a cent.
Epic  Post #: 103
12/20/2012 19:47:09   
Vegafire

They are still essentially Varium players even if they go about it that way though Mother :) and They are paying with time, The AE extras runs on a service where you are credited but AE also receives payments from the companies participating for each individual offer completed by each individual player :)

~Vegafire
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
12/20/2012 19:56:18   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Here's one...
What will the varium compensation be?
This has honestly been the thing that has been bothering me the most
Will I be refunded for my enhancements or not?
That knowledge would satisfy me...
And specifics, not "take good care of"...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
12/20/2012 19:57:21   
One Winged Angel1357

@Vegafire Practel is mostly who I was referring with the grandfather clause comment. AE does infact have workers below the age of 18 but they are the grandfather clause to the new policy as it was stated when the mod request was put out if you are below the age of 18 they cannot take you and you simply have to wait until your 18th birthday. For me that isn't much of a killer because I can learn a lot before then but for you hey wait four months and your golden to give it a go. Or you could give it a go know and hope for the best

I really hope my credits are compensated I could have bought three other weapons with what I have spent on enhancements and I am not even active imagine the outrage when credit enhancers do not get compensated and if they sold their gear they would be at the same loss because there is zero return on investment for credit enhancements

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 12/20/2012 19:58:46 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
12/20/2012 19:59:41   
kaiseryeux21

"quote"Here's what we're going to do -- we're going to offer the Omega Onslaughter/Impaler, Obliterator/Slayer, both Yetis, and an Omega Ticket that grants access to a month-long contest for the price of one 5-key package. When you buy this package you will receive a ticket that will guarantee you receive the items as soon as Omega officially goes live in January.

@he who lurks, looks like you cut the first sentence.

anyway, That is why im hoping that this tournament could be the same way like jugg battles wherein at first, its only available for varium only players by purchasing the golden skull card, then later made it available for free players through silver skull card. But i guess it will not be the same, as this tournament only lasts for 1 month. If varium players started it 1 week before the f2p players do, how are non var players being able to compete.

i will make this very clear and simple, How do you think a non var player feels if there were certain features in this game (like this tournament) which is available for varium players only. its like the dev's saying, "IF YOU DONT HAVE 50$, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME TO ENTER THIS BATTLE",. very frustrating right?? all im hoping is that the dev's would realize that this kind of feature creates only a feeling of inferiority to all non var players. Im just confused. before this release, seems like the devs are on their track of leveling the playing field between var and f2p players and suddenly THIS.
DF Epic  Post #: 107
12/20/2012 20:00:33   
Jekyll

@Blaze:

The staff cannot tell you yet. Why? You see, if the compensation is a good one, everyone will start buying loads of enhancements. If it's not that ideal, people will stop buying varium for now because they don't want to enhance their items. I, for one, am not enhancing my Beast Rider armour that I just bought because I am still unsure of the compensation.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
12/20/2012 20:00:51   
Hun Kingq

Vegafire, it was aimed at all players every time this happens plays tell them they need more programmers. You will have to learn that in the computer industry especially programming you will work long hours now and then and it will not kill them. They need to take a break go to the movies and spend time with their families. They are dealing with an evil create called A.I. with programming you can't control that monster at first especially with drastic changes until it adapts and it sees you are not trying to harm it.
Epic  Post #: 109
12/20/2012 20:05:17   
GoldenNeo

Why. Is. It. Always. DELAYEEEED T__T
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
12/20/2012 20:05:41   
Vegafire

I never stated they were under staffed just hit with a heavy workload and actually it can kill them it creates mental and physical problems which are permenant, i am on a string of medication now called beta blockers designed to regulate my heart beat, these are essentially keeping me alive, my irregular heartbeat was caused by anxiety due to drinking to many energy drinks and not sleeping enough. Besides was it not me that stated in two posts the rate they are working at is potentially dangerous?

~Vegafire
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
12/20/2012 20:05:43   
kaiseryeux21

^because they can.
DF Epic  Post #: 112
12/20/2012 20:06:07   
Drianx

quote:

Last week, when we announced the delay from Dec 14 to Dec 20, we made the tough decision to cut several features that we previously thought were critical to the release. I thought with these cuts and our strongest effort that we could get Omega out in time. I was wrong and I'll take the blame for miscalculating the requirements.

Please release it in 2014 if necessary, but don't cut a single feature.
AQW Epic  Post #: 113
12/20/2012 20:08:41   
kaiseryeux21

seems strange that after 3 long years, Titan can still miscalculate requirements.
DF Epic  Post #: 114
12/20/2012 20:23:40   
Darkoake445

If they ever need another programmer I hope they'll advertise about the position on the Design Notes.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
12/20/2012 20:24:49   
Remorse

Some more information on omega even if its not, "set in concrete" as they like to call it would be awesome.

The delay is disappointing, not really surprising but disappointing.

Funny thing is at oz before the announcement, people would frantically yell out WHEN IS OMEGA as they always do, and as a Joke I would say NEXT YEAR! just to see how'd they react. It's nice to know I was giving people accurate information after all....

Word of advice devs, next time you picture a release date, add another 1-3 weeks on that based on how many bugs you are likely to run into if you dont already.

Because whenever anyone makes anything it hardly ever takes as long as it would seem.
Then if you do finish the release early by chance then it would be a happy surprise, rather then a disappointing delay.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/20/2012 20:37:09 >
Epic  Post #: 116
12/20/2012 20:26:14   
Darkoake445

@Remorse, I suggested that way back when every release was getting delayed. I thought it was a great idea to essentially lie or plan on releasing it later and then release it early, if done, to get praise from the players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
12/20/2012 20:33:53   
Mother1

@ remorse

I was saying it would be delayed as well, and I am not surprised either that I was correct. It happened with the inferno war (only event I have been around to see) and everyone who has been around for a while has told me the same thing about delays so I am not surprised in the least.

Oh well on the upside more time to farm for snorks rare armor, A awesome preorder to get all of the promo items for the prize of one as well as a shot for an ultra rare golden yeti those who do preorder.

Also NPC grinders can grind on them longer, and those who want to farm points for the promo can do so as well still. So it is all good.
Epic  Post #: 118
12/20/2012 20:35:47   
kaiseryeux21

^@remorse, after 3 years seems like the dev's are not doing what you have been suggested. Pehaps, they overestimated themeselves, over excited or whatever it is. But this delays have been constant for 3 years now. And as what people say, we are not on testing phase anymore. I say no, we still do. Yes most players would be disappointed, but how long?? 2 days?? 3 days?? after all, we all have a life.
but players were so attached to this game that it made us disappointed whenever this delays occurs. As i said before, hopefully the dev's would realize that they have players who are loyal to them all year long.

Just a piece of advise devs, Pls. announce the omega release on February. If you can release on that month its fine. If you can release earlier on January much better. its a win-win situation for us. no more dissapointments, everyone happy.
DF Epic  Post #: 119
12/20/2012 20:40:56   
Remorse

^ Its not all there fault,

Have a look at building and construction industry,

Often you see those housing shows where people have there houses being built and almost every single episode the house takes longer then expected in some cases it takes years longer then expected.

Problem is adding on delayed time for the unexpected can seem pessimistic and is often not done for that reason.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/20/2012 20:44:56 >
Epic  Post #: 120
12/20/2012 20:51:34   
MirageD

it seems the team doesn't necessarily need more developers but someone who can correctly plan releases....to be this far off, on a regular basis, is ridiculous....planning a release date based on ppl needing to work 17 hrs/day and drinking energy drinks is crazy.....i'm very disappointed, once again, on the management of this program
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
12/20/2012 20:53:19   
kaiseryeux21

^agree.

committing a mistake 1-2 times is acceptable. but making it on a regular basis already becomes a habit.
DF Epic  Post #: 122
12/20/2012 20:54:01   
Ranloth
Banned

Overestimating yourself is better than underestimating. It's better to hope you can push something out earlier rather than doubt in your skills and do the poor job and release even later.
AQ Epic  Post #: 123
12/20/2012 20:55:24   
kaiseryeux21

^ i see your point there. But they if they want to overestimate, they should do it by themselves and not announce. coz it will influence other people too. Result?? disappointment.
DF Epic  Post #: 124
12/20/2012 20:55:29   
TRizZzCENTRINO

in omega non vars are getting what they wished for a long time ago, but just keep in mind that omega is a completely new game and varium won't have any visible advantages in battle, so variums need a motivation for them to pay/support and play/enjoy the game, and this is also like the second epicduel founder phase since it is completely different from the past few phases and features that puts most people off paying for varium, so this is kinda like a reward for those who support the game.

i want non vars to have fun too, but in the end if non vars and vars are the same i would have serious concerns for the growth of the game, lets just say that non vars got the balanced battle that they deserved and vars sacrificed their varium advantage in battles, so you cant get the best of everything, and i hate to say this but this game really develops if we support it by paying, just imagine if they earn only like $700 per month because we decided that there is no point to paying, the devs need the profit to pay for the softwares they use, food, rent, servers, and the inventory space that we stuff with lots of things, and some of them goes to artix himself.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 20, 2012 - Omega Announcement
Page 5 of 11«<34567>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition