Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Giving the varium players a bit of advantage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Giving the varium players a bit of advantage
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/22/2012 20:47:25   
TalkToMuchFor2Long

I think varium users should have a bit of advantage in the game, they should make separate weapons and the varium ones should give some extra stats.
I know this will be harder for non variums but it wont be the same, they will still have a chance to compete.

I see alot of good non varium players these days, but most non var players have a bad class, Non varium BH's can compete and they win most of the fights.
but non varium mercs lose because of their class.

I know that mother1 will come and cry and say that varium players will get the promos, well whats the point of promos when it will be equal.
no offense mother1 but you need to stop crying on every thread made about this subject.

There is two ways if giving the varium player advantage:

The first one is to make the upgrading price by credit high because you can gold farm now.

The second one is to make two separate weapons one for varium players (the varium weapon will have some extra stats)

I think varium players should get a advantage in battles because the support the game, by advantage I mean that non variums needs to work harder to get the same advantage.

Post #: 1
12/22/2012 20:50:41   
goldslayer1

quote:

The second one is to make two separate weapons one for varium players (the varium weapon will have some extra stats)

it will already be like this, except one with credit cost. the other with varium cost. and they have the same stats.

but i agree.
im in favor of var weps having about 4 stats per item (primary, secondary, aux, armor)

the thing is, its sort of suppose to be like this, but enhancement made that cap super huge.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/22/2012 20:52:06   
Average

I also agree. However, shouldn't this be in suggestions? Anyways, as long as it's not overkill, then yes, I agree with a couple more stats an item.
Post #: 3
12/22/2012 20:59:12   
Mother1

Ok OP this is a public forums so I am entitled to my thoughts so please don't openly attack me like that it is rude and I believe against the rules of the forums. But back on topic

Besides promos there are some people who buy varium for things other then power. Some buy it for the things they can only get with varium or status suchs as the inventory slots to get more items for the rarity LB. This offers status something hardcore players go after without giving a advantage in battle.

Also while you are entitled to your thoughts like me look at what happened when variums had this overwelming advantage. Non variums were punching bags to every varium player regradless of skill level just because they had a few stats, Other Varium players that supported the game quit due to the imbalance, others are unhappy because non variums can't put up a decent fight against them due to so many stats, and lastly variums were trapped into buying varium consistantly just to stay competitive with other variums. How is that fair or fun for all? Answer it isn't.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/22/2012 21:13:32   
TalkToMuchFor2Long

quote:

Ok OP this is a public forums so I am entitled to my thoughts so please don't openly attack me like that it is rude and I believe against the rules of the forums. But back on topic

Besides promos there are some people who buy varium for things other then power. Some buy it for the things they can only get with varium or status suchs as the inventory slots to get more items for the rarity LB. This offers status something hardcore players go after without giving a advantage in battle.

Also while you are entitled to your thoughts like me look at what happened when variums had this overwelming advantage. Non variums were punching bags to every varium player regradless of skill level just because they had a few stats, Other Varium players that supported the game quit due to the imbalance, others are unhappy because non variums can't put up a decent fight against them due to so many stats, and lastly variums were trapped into buying varium consistantly just to stay competitive with other variums. How is that fair or fun for all? Answer it isn't.

I see what are you thinking, Many Non variums are punching bags because they have the weaker classes, a Non varium BH with str build can COMPETE, a non varium BM can COMPETE.
Since non varium players doesnt have to worry about enchancements anymore its pretty obvious that varium players needs to get some extra stats on their weapons.

I doubt all the varium users buys inventory slots except for them who collects every single weapon, varium have always given some kind of advantage, and I think it still should give advantage in battles, I dont give a crap about inventory slots, I wouldn't care even if they made inventory slots for 100 credits so non variums can benefit from it.
Post #: 5
12/22/2012 21:46:16   
Mother1

^

That same advantage of enhancements is the main reason why balance isn't in the game. While I can agree there needs to be some gap between varium and non varium players it isn't suppose to be so large where a smart non varium player would lose to a mindless varium just because he paid money for extra stats. It isn't fair and eventually many varium players will get bored of winning all the time. What is the point if you can do the same thing over and over again and always win? While it may not sound logical it is true. Many players I know are tired of always winning so easy which is what these enhancements have brought to epic duel.

Plus because of all these extra stats just about all builds with the exceptions of strength and focus were nerfed into the ground. While some moves may be generally overpowered most of the inbalance came from these extra stats.

With everyone near the same level of power the staff can truly see what needs to be balanced and it will help the health of this game. Making balance changes that aren't really needed because of people using extra stats to make extremely OP builds, other copying it, and causing the masses to complain until they nerf something while hurting others builds not abusing it is what cause all these problems and killed the game.

I played as a focus build since I started this game and was never considered OP. Now because of all the nerfs to all the other builds due to all these extra stats and players using them to get around balance changes it has killed the game. Now because of all these nerfs I have to deal with people talking about I jumped to and OP build or I am abusing something I never abused in the first place which isn't right or fair. Epic duel is suppose to have diverse builds not everyone jumping to one OP build only for people to complain about it, and then when the mess up balance reading are seen by the staff boom a nerf comes.
Epic  Post #: 6
12/22/2012 21:48:54   
apw_10

im totally agree with u TalktoMuch and goldslayer ;D
Post #: 7
12/22/2012 21:56:52   
rej

I still find it just a little bit hilarious that people actually think the game will survive if varium loses it's advantage. I mean, really, what is the point of buying, if all that you gain is a little time saved? I support the idea that var weapons should have a few extra stats over their equivalent non var counterparts.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/22/2012 21:57:34   
Vypie

Varium players will have an advantage in terms of Weapon/armour skills.

There will be unique special passive and active skills on varium-only weapons, such as promos.

This doesn't mean these specials should have more power, either. They might be specials with unique effects, that give a twist to your build, or a good combo. But NOT extra direct power.
Extra customization from this would allow more build choices and creativity for varium players, and could give you an advantage depending on your playstyle.

That's what look forward. I hope they don't make OMEGA Promo weapons's specials too strong, or I can predict players using only promo weapons for battle.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/22/2012 22:06:03   
TRizZzCENTRINO

most of varium players are already using promo items for battle, i mean whats the point of getting it if you are just gonna use charbinger weapons.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/22/2012 22:42:52   
Vypie

We will be able to give passive and active skills to all existing weapons.

I just hope these skills are balanced compared to Promo specials. Promo specials should give us a twist in the battlefield, and extra tactics to benefit our build.

I'm just saying the new Promo specials should not be made directly stronger than all the other passive/active skills we will be able to equip.
We don't want to create a situation where all players use the same specials for battle, instead of choosing the ones that benefit their build the most. We would see the same weapons, and the same effects all the time from paying players. The wanted extra customization would disappear.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/22/2012 23:14:46   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above but thats the point of promos, you only get the promo that suits your build and if promo weapons have specials that are the same as the in-game purchasable specials who would get promos if their special just has that unique animation and not benefiting the player, all im saying that promo weapons should have a few more stat advantage but not as much as 8 or 10 stats but 4-5 stats will do and the special should just be a tad bit powerful.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/22/2012 23:25:16   
Vypie

quote:

if promo weapons have specials that are the same as the in-game purchasable specials who would get promos if their special just has that unique animation and not benefiting the playe

Oh, not what i said at all! :P

I imagine unique specials in terms of battle use, not cosmetic! They should be different from all Special effects, and impossible to get in any other way. They should be strong in terms of TACTICAL advantage and possibilities! Not just plain, flat, boring advantage in power.
Epic  Post #: 13
12/22/2012 23:34:15   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above there is no tactical advantage anymore, remember each weapon will have a active and passive skill slot in omega, so the non vars can have tactical advantage with their active special too.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/22/2012 23:43:43   
Vypie

I think Promos should feature crazy original effects, while credit "skill cores" give more normal, not so game changing effects. :)
Epic  Post #: 15
12/23/2012 0:06:55   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yeah thats what i thought. thats why i said that varium promo should be a bit more powerful because credit weapons are going to have a active and passive skill slot too.
so tactical advantage for varium items no longer exists in omega.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/23/2012 0:39:44   
Xendran

Not necessarily more powerful, but skills that are different and unique. Varium only abilities that are the same power as the credit ones, but perhaps cooler or more versatile.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 17
12/23/2012 0:53:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above how can a special be more versatile and unique if everyone can get it and if its the same in power as a credit special? unique battle animations? from my point of view most people don't pay that much attention to battle animations since once you have seen it for a while you just don't find it interesting anymore(the massive strike special used to be fun to see but now its not that entertaining for me anymore). and as i said now non variums and variums can both get 2 special skill slots for their weapon that offers both passive and active specials so whats the point of getting new promos that offer specials thats the same in power as the one you get in-game but with a unique battle animation? anyways, its up to the devs now to plan out the promo weapons, they had a 5 hour discussion yesterday.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/23/2012 0:56:42   
Xendran

No, something that is of equal power, but different. Perhaps a minor HP regen or a +1 to a skill or something, as opposed to +1 to a different skill, or +5 dex
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
12/23/2012 1:07:38   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above those don't sound fitting for a promo weapon special, look at platinum's pride, bionic battlegear, and frost destroyer, their special are more worthy than this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/23/2012 1:11:48   
Vypie

No, trizz, we're not talking about battle animation, cosmetics, or anything like that.
By "the same power" we are not talking about the same skill, but the same strength.

The difference between a Promo Special and normal (credit) specials would be the extra complexity, uniqueness, and tactical possibilities.
Promo weapons would have crazy effects and skills, while normal skills would be more basic.

A skill doesn't need to be better in Numbers. A good skill is one that can give a twist to your build, and offering strategic options.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/23/2012 1:17:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@vypie

i was just commenting on what xendran said
quote:

but perhaps cooler

and yes i understand what you are saying, but you need to give examples of what you think might give your build a twist or extra complexity.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/23/2012 1:21:52   
Vypie

Ah, i see :)

I will give some examples, possibly in the form of a suggestion, but tomorrow! It's a bit late here (6:am) xD

< Message edited by Vypie -- 12/23/2012 1:22:10 >
Epic  Post #: 23
12/23/2012 1:25:53   
TRizZzCENTRINO

hope you come up with interesting ones :)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/23/2012 1:39:21   
Xendran

Varium Shield
11% Chance to gain +5 Resistance and Defence against an attack.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Giving the varium players a bit of advantage
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition