Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: No Need For Change?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: No Need For Change?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2013 18:54:48   
Lycan.

quote:

"arrange the stats how YOU want on all items?" Answer me that one?

Tell that to the person who wrote it.

quote:

we don't have these limiters on them like they are putting on our items in omega.

I'm pretty sure we have stat requirments on our wepons which is a limiting factor.
Epic  Post #: 26
1/27/2013 18:56:02   
Giras Wolfe

^Exactly. Even if we all decide that no change is needed, a MONTH has been spent completely re-coding the game and there's no way to get it back to how it was.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/27/2013 19:00:51   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Well thats not completely true. You could always trash a months worth of work. That'll make everyone happy.

Personally, I think everyone just needs to wait for Omega and not decide beforehand its going to be bad.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/27/2013 19:00:57   
Mother1

@ giras

My point is it isn't how we want if they are putting these limiters on them. It might as well say "Change stats who you want within a 40% max limit per stat since that is what they are really shipping us. Because if it was how we truly wanted yes we would be able to pour all of our points into strength if that was what we went because that would be what we want. Enhancements are following what they are advertising right now because those we can rearrange how we want. However the stats on weapon item aren't.
Epic  Post #: 29
1/27/2013 19:03:02   
Giras Wolfe

I agree that it should at least be 50/50%, but even 40/40/20 will provide much more flexibility than fixed weapon stats with a few movable points on top.

It will be much easier to receive a minimal stat, such as minimum str and supp builds. But a tiny bit of boost to tech or dex is fine with all builds. If you want a build with minimal str and dex you could go:
20+0 Str
20+(20% of your stats) Dex (+Armor)
40+(40% of your stats) Tech
80+(40% of your stats) Support

Thats what I believe a high support build stat spread might look in Omega.

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 1/27/2013 19:08:27 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/27/2013 20:09:58   
Sipping Cider

I actually agree with PRIMAL ASSASSIN (and LatinLoverMartini if she agrees with PRIMAL ASSASSIN) on this one. Right now, the classes are super balanced. Not perfectly balanced, but enough so each class can have a high percentage winning build.

I would have to say Bounty Hunters and Blood Mages are at a slight advantage, seeing as how many people on the leader boards and just in general are using them. However, Tactical Mercenaries still dominate Juggernaut, Tech Mages are doing all around OK, I've been surviving just fine as a mercenary, and I haven't heard any complaining from Cyber Hunters.

As for the Gap between varium and non-varium, its still out there, but better than its ever been with all the f2p gear that has been coming out.

Over all, balance is pretty darn good between classes and varium. Unfortunately , stats are not balanced. Health and Energy are still OP, and support is falling behind. I think Omega will be able to change that, as well as make the game more fun from the boring old way its been.
Epic  Post #: 31
1/27/2013 20:16:53   
Midnightsoul

Change please.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/27/2013 20:22:59   
LatinLover/Martini

The only class that you can possibly argue that is unbalanced is Mercenary. And the only person skilled in that class is G00NY
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/27/2013 20:47:40   
ReinXI

How do you know G00NY is the only skilled mercenary? that's kinda insulting to anybody who plays mercs.. I'm a BM but my #2 favorite class is merc and I like to think I'm pretty good with them
but there not exactly on equal footing with other classes.. at least imo. Either way no the game is not balanced at the moment so yes this omega update is needed
Epic  Post #: 34
1/27/2013 20:52:04   
Rayman
Banned

Latin: I Have never used Mercenary and im *Skilled* or whatever on the merc class.
G00NY Is just very Loyal to Mercenary.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/27/2013 20:57:39   
LatinLover/Martini

Hes the only mercenary I have seen for a long time, thats what I mean dont take it offensively but I cant count on one hand the *pro* mercenaries on 1v1 2v2 or Jug leaderboards.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/27/2013 20:59:29   
ReinXI

That's because balance makes being a *pro* mercenary nearly impossible when it comes to getting on a leaderboard...
Epic  Post #: 37
1/27/2013 20:59:31   
Rayman
Banned

Latin:
Yes that's why I say Loyal to Mercenary, same as fay bee, she has been BH Forever Exept when she changed to CH To earn class master cheevo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/27/2013 21:01:29   
LatinLover/Martini

@Reign. Thats why I am saying thats arguably the only unbalanced class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/27/2013 21:57:43   
ED Prince of Shadows

CH is currently limited in build variety. Strength BHs and BMs dominate. BMs have a perfect list of skills to use with strength for easy and cheap wins. Infernal Android is way too powerful for a standard bot. There is hardly any build variety now a days. Mercs are very underpowered compared to any other class.

Change is needed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/27/2013 21:59:11   
LatinLover/Martini

CH is actually strong in jugg when you find the right build plus the combo of malf, defense matrix and massacre is very very strong.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/27/2013 22:04:43   
ED Prince of Shadows

Only strong against the right build, BMs still plow right through. I also don't judge a class by its ability to be good in a single game mode, because that's only one out of three. What I was saying in my original post was that they only have like three effective builds, supp, strength, and focus, nothing original there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/27/2013 22:38:45   
LatinLover/Martini

Theres always got to be a weaker class otherwise everyone should be the same class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/27/2013 22:50:46   
Mother1

@ latin

The classes are suppose to work like ranger hunter bear. One class is strong against one but weak against another and so on. However due to all of the balance chances, nerfs and buffs due to people complaining about how they can't beat this class with this build when it suppose to be weak against that class or build the staff made changes to satisfy these players. As a result of this and enhancements balance was destroyed.
Epic  Post #: 44
1/27/2013 23:18:59   
LatinLover/Martini

Isnt the core system just another system of enhancements?
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/28/2013 2:55:42   
Drianx

Till now, stat points were the most important asset in the game. The more you had, the more effective you were. Simple as that. Enhancements were sold exactly for this.

Now we will have cores. It means that even if you have 15 less stat points than someone else, you may have a killer core combo that kneels everyone down. And cores will be sold exactly for this.

Everyone is praising the removal of enhancements thinking that nonvars will not be punching bags any longer. Maybe not straight from the beginning but yes, they will still be punching bags. Not because they will have less stats, but because they will have lesser cores. Devs will have no option for varium to be sold but to release stronger and stronger cores. Remember, in Omega the most important asset will not be stats, but cores.

Nothing changes much. It's just another form of pay-to-win.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/28/2013 2:58:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/28/2013 3:04:14   
theholyfighter

quote:

CH is currently limited in build variety. Strength BHs and BMs dominate. BMs have a perfect list of skills to use with strength for easy and cheap wins. Infernal Android is way too powerful for a standard bot. There is hardly any build variety now a days. Mercs are very underpowered compared to any other class.

Change is needed.

IF everyone has equal stats, then
-Str-Smoke-Mass BHs still rule most of the games
-5 Focus/Str BMs still rule most of the games

And the "most" I'm refering to is more than "most".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently, IMO what needs to change is Static Charge and BloodLust. Just my thoughts tho.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/28/2013 3:04:54   
Drianx

^
Stats will no longer rule the world.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/28/2013 3:05:41   
theholyfighter

Those with about +115 stats is just too much...
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/28/2013 3:07:03   
Drianx

It will only depend on the cores.
Heck, have you ever wondered how come devs are giving away stats too easily now, when they were so precious before?
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: No Need For Change?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition