Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Out with the old...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Out with the old...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2013 16:33:12   
ashtonsdad

...and in with the new! This thread can be for anything from talking about your favorite times in past Epic Duel phases, or your future plans for you or your faction in Omega. As the design notes show, Omega is definitely coming today and I for one am very excited about it. I saw a picture on the DNs of many in OZ saying farewell to Delta and I missed it so I thought I'd just say so here, and that I am glad it is finally here. I hope it turns out to be everything everyone ( especially the ED team) hopes it is going to be. Though for me Beta was the best time, it was mainly due to the fact that everything was new and I was meeting so many new people at once. I have high hopes now though that Omega will out do even Beta. I hope to see many old players returning, and even more new ones joining our community. For now, I will say bye, but I hope to see you all on the battlefields. Good luck to all who have pre-ordered in the soon to come, Golden Yeti tournament!

Stand for Something, or You Will Fall for Anything!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/5/2013 16:40:09   
ScarletReaper

I for one definetly miss the old beta days, but am extremely exited about omega! It sounds like free players are getting closer to an even playing field so I see a rise in the free player department.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/5/2013 16:51:39   
_i_am_a_helper_

I miss the days where I could run around World 7 holding noob weapons (during Gamma I only had the beta weapons XD) and not getting judged ._.
Post #: 3
2/5/2013 16:54:59   
Mother1

I am going to miss being a player coming from the newest phase of epic duel. now I am willing to bet players from Delta will call omega players omega noobs.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/5/2013 16:55:49   
xGreen Warriorx

As a player who joined in early Delta, I'm not really going to be missing anything from past phases in Omega. Bring in the new. *So excited!*
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/5/2013 16:59:27   
Lycan.

I loved Gamma, it was the best phase for me (i wasn't here in Beta) because i had the most funnest builds like 5 focus and Support build.
Anyway i just joined Truly Clutch yesterday and my goal in Omega is to beat all officers onn influence.
Epic  Post #: 6
2/5/2013 17:01:11   
ED Prince of Shadows

^Gamma was the phase of focus and support, I miss my supp build more than anything else.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/5/2013 17:04:04   
Lycan.

Me too, but in Omega support will increase Field Medic, but unfortunately it won't be as useful as it used to be.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/5/2013 17:40:22   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I came in in late Delta
Wasn't quite here for Easter last year
I have no direct connection to any phase, since I cannot compare my Delta experience with an experience from another phase

So... BRING ON THE NEW!!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/5/2013 17:43:02   
xxmirxx

only things i will miss are that one week free npc win i love that and no more npcing sad day for me lol.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
2/5/2013 17:44:57   
LatinLover/Martini

Ah the beta days. Best days I ever had on this game, establishing myself as a player. I remain happy for Omega Im interested to see whats going to happen, in my three years, I am pretty excited.
We came from a game with 4 doors to 6.
A game with 20 npcs to 60.
A game with level 30 level cap to level 35.
A game where the only wars was if you didnt get 500 faction wins to a game where wars exist.
A game where it took 800 1v1 wins to win faction daily to now it takes 3,500.
A game with people giggiting to a game with people growing actual friendships.
A game in which I love sharing with all of you :)
I hope I wasnt a bother :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/5/2013 17:47:43   
ScarletReaper

awwww. well said^ Hugs ^_^
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/5/2013 17:49:21   
ED Prince of Shadows

^
Well said :')
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/5/2013 17:55:34   
Hz_polloman

If i started playing ED near 05/2010 what am i?
I mean i only have the archivement of gamma tester , i was too nooby and i didnt get the beta archivement ?
i dont know , i started to play again epic duel when i heard about Omega , 1 m ago :) to earn some credits .
Epic  Post #: 14
2/5/2013 17:56:58   
ashtonsdad

quote:

only things i will miss are that one week free npc win i love that and no more npcing sad day for me lol.

lol mir, this is probably my favorite change ( so far ) about Omega. Now we can see more battles, a wider variety of opponents; and best of all, in time player's win ratios will reflect their skill more than the amount of free time they have to npc all day. :D

@latin: Nice post Latin.

@ polloman: Nice to have you back polloman!

quote:

I am going to miss being a player coming from the newest phase of epic duel. now I am willing to bet players from Delta will call omega players omega noobs.

Ikr, each new phase is like bringing in a new freshman class into a high school. The most recent "sophmore" class are so glad to have the focus off them lol.

*Sidenote: The most recent D.N. updates:

4:14 P.M. E.S.T.: Running scripts to map all the items in game in every player's inventory to the new Omega system. Million of records being updated. Some serious math, yo!

5:00 P.M. E.S.T.: Sorting out some bugs with the update scripts. We're working as fast as we can, but we don't want to make any careless mistakes!

5:22 P.M. E.S.T.: Testing live character creation. Success!

< Message edited by ashtonsdad -- 2/5/2013 18:05:58 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/5/2013 20:07:09   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

I loved Gamma, it was the best phase for me (i wasn't here in Beta) because i had the most funnest builds like 5 focus and Support build.
Anyway i just joined Truly Clutch yesterday and my goal in Omega is to beat all officers onn influence.

Oh, I'd like to see you try.

I will not miss a lot about Delta, but I really feel that Omega will really fix some of the games fundamental problems.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/5/2013 20:12:20   
TankMage

This is a discussion regarding "The old days" so I'm going to have to lock this up. You are welcome to continue your discussions in the =ED= Ultimate Nostalgia Thread.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Out with the old...
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition