Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Staff Appreciation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Staff Appreciation
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2013 6:36:24   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Thank you very much DaBombExpert and a few others for your lovely posts! Sadly since this is getting into a bit of an argument, I am going to lock it up.

The way I feel about this and I know you may feel I am being completely bias, but this is me being honest. Yes, EpicDuel has faults, it is a game in constant development, which is not something most companies do. It is easy to compare to other companies, however most companies do not go for weekly updates, most not even monthly, most just update when there are a few bug fixes, or they have made some more features to add in, look at MineCraft for example. EpicDuel releases every week for the most part, maybe it does delay and not meet deadlines, but sometimes it is hard to remember the Developers and staff are human, not just computers, this kind of thing reminds everyone of that. If we did not tell you we working on and just let everyone know once it was done, it would have seemed we'd have just given up on the game and disappeared for 3 months. What harm does it do to you that we said it would be released earlier once or twice? Does it physically or mentally harm you in any way? It gets your hopes up, yes, it is a disappointment when we do not release, but it does not affect you in many ways at all, other than you have to wait a bit longer. However on our end, it means we have to work on it for an extra month, when we want to get on to other things. I think it is more than fair to say that releases being delayed affect us more than players, players can wait, we have to work.

Mod wise, right now we are slightly understaffed, which will be reflected in upcoming design notes. That should help up the rate and standard of Moderating, since there will be more to deal with the issues! I think one thing that some people are also missing is the fact that if you are unhappy, it is fine. However the one trap many people are getting into is the whole 'I am not getting what I want in these areas' and then they focus purely on what they do not, instead of what they do have. As DaBombExpert stated and I will happily back-up, almost every single release we do contains something or some kind of player suggestion, we listen to almost every want and need you give us. When we release it though, there will always be people who do not like it. The issue is not that you do not like it, it is the fact you come on here then say 'we do not get anything we want, we hate the game, devs do nothing' when nothing in that comment is justified in any way. It does not help us, are we supposed to read your mind and say 'Oh right, he wants this, that and this done' - we need to know what you like and do not like and how to change it. If you do not like us, tell us why CONSTUCTIVELY <---Key word there.

With Varium and the recent big change. One thing many Varium people are missing is the fact that in the old system, you would purchase a weapon or armour with Varium, be the best for 2 weeks then have to purchase another, since a better one has been released and you want to compete and be the best. Now if you do not agree, that system was starting to force people to pay-up almost every month because they would have to keep getting Varium for new items, and for enhancements, and it was just a money drain. Those old weapons you bought with Varium became void and unusable, 'waste of money' some of you complained. Now you can use every weapon you have ever purchased. Your purchases will not get to the point they are 'void', they are will always be there to use when you want, Varium lasts longer, your old purchases now count. Overall I do not see where you massively lose out all of a sudden? Your items you had purchased previously would have likely have been replaced twice by now with the release of more powerful gear and we technically have just saved you from paying that and all future payments in that regard. Now you simply pay to get things faster and easier!

I am not brushing everyone with the same brush, so forgive me if it seems that way, however I just wanted to put my thoughts across, it is up to you if you read them or not!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Staff Appreciation
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition