Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The RP'er Welcome (Back) Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: The RP'er Welcome (Back) Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2013 19:58:33   
Master K

Vanir! Good to see you again! Your presence (Or lack thereof) has certainly not gone unnoticed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
5/1/2013 21:01:17   
Vanir

MRBK I LOVE YOU
Also just saw this:
quote:

Vanir, the old host, was plotting out everything with me, so I still have that somewhere.
If you have that somewhere, that would be awesome. In that time, I didn't write anything down so I have forgotten it and lost what I did write down. If you have anything that we were working on then I would worship you forever

Now stop distracting me with tales of Assassin's Guild, I have homework to do and a bio to write.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/1/2013 22:16:12   
Master K

quote:

MRBK I LOVE YOU

Hehe
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/11/2013 20:37:14   
Elryn

Custodian (DF)

*chuckles* It is a peculiar thing to see old faces and usually a good one. A welcome back to the RPer from down under, Isis though I usually saw you elsewhere, Jerenda and company.

As for myself? More of lurker myself, although I suppose I would enjoy RPing and might get around to it if I did get around writing a bio. Possible considering there is a chance that a dragon I know would enjoy it.
AQ  Post #: 54
5/26/2013 22:27:12   
Alexandria Serthes

*Creeps in quietly, looking around* I do not know this place anymore. Odd. Not really since I've been gone for forever and a day...

Hello all! For all the old hands that know me, hi I'm back!
For all the newbies to the RPs, I'm Alex, and I was the ghost-host (I kept disapoofing due to IRL stuff) of Welcome to the Clubs RP way back when. It was a fun RP, but I'm not sure if I'm going to try bringing it back with an update, or try for starting a new RP all-together. Anyhow, it was fun, and I'm sure that the new RP section will be even better!

Oh, and Isis, you better come back (and stay). We need to thwack my brother with celery and other assorted thwacking-things.
DF AQW  Post #: 55
5/26/2013 23:05:56   
dethhollow

quote:

Anyhow, it was fun, and I'm sure that the new RP section will be even better!

I'm not entirely sure. I know people will get after me for saying this, but it's been 4 months and the only real RP here (I don't count the RPA RP) is still on it's first page. Also, the RP just went through 2 weeks without any posts, which is a really horrible sign. Usually stuff's pretty much dead if it takes a week to post anything. Maybe it'll get better, but I've got a huge load of doubt about it as things sit right now......

Anyways, welcome back! Hopefully this won't be the new ARP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
5/27/2013 7:39:22   
Zephyrial

Alexandria! Welcome back, friend! It's wonderful to see your familiar name again; you were one of the best crafters of stories we had! Hopefully you still retain your interest in writing - we're in a fledgeling stage here, and will definitely have need of it.

It's true, this place is a little different from when you saw it last; but they're mostly improvements, I hope. All we need now are RPs and people, and with summer coming up I wager we'll see a few more of both. Isis is here, anyway, and what more do we need?

Lovely to see you again!
Post #: 57
5/30/2013 1:03:20   
Alexandria Serthes

Hey Zeph! Good to see you too! I'm flattered that you thought I was good. I remember when I first joined the RPA I wrote ity-bity little posts that were hardly worth the pixels. I'll be somewhat busy over the summer, working at camp again, but we've gotten a better internet connection there now, so hopefully I'll be able to get on over the weekends and such. I've definitely not lost any interest in writing, although most of the school-year I haven't had a chance to due to fun homework stuffs (not really, they were evil homework stuffs, but still kept me busy). I'll definitely help out with getting the RP up and going in whatever ways I can, and depending on what goes on next school-year, I'll hopefully be able to run another RP here (I won't be taking a full work-load at school, and not nearly so many academic classes, so hopefully I'll have a lot more free time). As for what we need... Blackwolf359 needs to get his rear in gear and come back here (ha, rhyme ). He said he was going to try and stop by the RP boards at some point soon, so when I see him again I'll quite probably badger him till he heads back this-a-way.

@Dethhollow and vulkan: As for the new RP boards, I agree with what I've seen so far. While it's currently slow, that doesn't particularly surprise me, since it's a new system and everyone's still adjusting to it. Add in the fact that most people are either just finishing school (so exams, fun) or else have jobs/other stuff, IRL, and it makes sense that things are going slow right now. In the old RPA, bio approval was done by the hosts, which resulted in a different set of standards for each RP. While understandable to some extent, the end result was that some RPs helped RPers improve their skills in writing bios and RPing in general, while others were closer to being IC chatrooms, with little to no improvement. Having a single RP in the RPA, and having only three people judging bios makes it easier for the mods to judge when someone is ready to move on to the normal RP boards.

While I'm mildly less enthused about having a limit on RPs in the main RP board, there was a problem with RPs that died in the original RPA, and there were hardly any member of the RP board. This new setup should help with that immensely, which is what it's supposed to do.

Finally, I know that the current RP moderators do care quite a bit about the RP boards and the members of them. If I recall correctly, I've had the opportunity to RP with all three of them, although it's been quite a while. Superjars helped Starstruck and numerous other people with hosting duties for WttC when I had an overload of RL stuff going on, and I couldn't possibly thank Supes' or any of the others enough for that. The new setup is just going to take a little time to really get going, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
DF AQW  Post #: 58
5/30/2013 16:33:36   
black knight 1234567

Ahh, Alexandria. The one person that rejected by bios so much I practically gave up. ;P
Welcome back. And Blackwolf does need to get back here, the Darkovia RP he held was pretty fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
5/30/2013 23:48:44   
Alexandria Serthes

quote:

Ahh, Alexandria. The one person that rejected by bios so much I practically gave up. ;P
Welcome back. And Blackwolf does need to get back here, the Darkovia RP he held was pretty fun.

Ah, but you improved, didn't you? I know I could seem pretty hard on a person's bio, but that's mainly because I usually saw a lot of ways to make a character really good, or else a character that needed a lot of improvement. You did begin improving with your bios quite a bit over time, just so's you know.
I'll see about prodding Blackie back over.
DF AQW  Post #: 60
6/11/2013 17:55:57   
Schizo

Hello, hello! Schizo returning for the summer, checking in on the forums. Now, as a human with poor memory, could someone please tell me how to get back into the pit of madness known as the Role Playing Forums?

-Schiz
Post #: 61
6/11/2013 20:55:14   
Master K

Welcome back Schizoooooooooooo!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
6/12/2013 9:17:58   
Zephyrial

Welcome back, Schiz! Good to have you back with us!
Post #: 63
6/12/2013 13:41:39   
Vanir

Look who it is! Schizo, welcome back.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
7/11/2013 20:47:40   
The Dragon Knight

Hmm. How interesting. I come back from the void only to discover that I've apparently lost my RP posting permissions. What kind of tomfoolery is this?
AQ  Post #: 65
7/12/2013 12:43:36   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

A grand one by all means it seems.^^

Hey DK, welcome back to the new and revamped RP Boards.

I believe nothing new need be told as you've already started upon your path to graduation.

Hope you have a prolonged stay with us.

Oh, and as Madame Isis would say, watch out for flying cougars and chips and cookies.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
7/15/2013 17:32:24   
Blackwolf359

Man... I've been gone a while. I'm surprised I even remember my password anymore.

*starts looking around for any familiar faces*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
7/15/2013 18:08:34   
Tdub

Welcome back! I'm not sure if we ever met, but it's good to see new-old faces!
Post #: 68
8/14/2013 13:29:16   
Blackwolf359

Not sure we actually met but I recall the name Tdub. If you role played with Alexandria Serthes much she probably mentioned you to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/14/2013 15:13:49   
Starstruck

Great to see you! now get serthes and you both to stay active
DF MQ  Post #: 70
8/20/2013 14:14:52   
Alexandy12

Hello, hello. Pay no attention to the man awkwardly trying to close the doors without making a sound.

I haven't been here for too long, though I've been a fan of AE for a long while and an RPer for a longer while. I've thrown my line into many settings including, but not limited to: Sonic Fandom, Small Colorful Horses: Acquaintanceship is Sorcery, Generic Fantasy setting, Generic Action setting with anthropomorphic animals, alien robots, the devil, and guns, and ect.

So here's to a totally not awkward introduction post and an even less awkward forum relationship.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
8/21/2013 10:48:59   
MooMuffins

I feel so threatened. .3.'
They'res so welcome thread!
Anyways pay no attention to the pegasister walking through the thread, scanning and slowly judging you quietly while thinking how should I introduce myself.
Well...um...anyone remember Bubbleslegacy right?
I'm her cousin.
Now where's my misplaced love?
Post #: 72
8/22/2013 0:12:23   
blankmaskara

Hello Alexandy12 and MooMuffins, and welcome to the Role-Playing forums!

Do you want some cookies?
Post #: 73
8/22/2013 8:02:46   
MooMuffins

Yes I would LOVE some cookies!
Only chocolate though, because i'm in the mood for chocolate. >W<
Post #: 74
8/22/2013 11:31:26   
Alexandy12

Oh, delightful! Cooki-Wait a minute. How do I know this isn't just some clever, baked-goods based assassination plan?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: The RP'er Welcome (Back) Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition