Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2013 13:02:30   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Supported! Instead, the lower version should have the picture, so you don't need to scroll down to find it.

quote:

True but then you have to consider the fact that when someone links directly to a level specific post of an item they'd have to scroll to the top/bottom, depending on if it's in the first or last post, to see a picture.

How about to add an explanation. So, they would NOT have to scroll to the top/bottom?
  • Click this if you want to see the image of this armor(as an example: White Knight).

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 7/9/2013 13:43:47 >
  • Post #: 26
    8/20/2013 13:18:52   
    KlawdStrife
    Helpful!

Is it possible to format the pedia entries to look like the moglord equipments and the no-drops? where there is only one entry that contains all the item info and there's an appendix below for the variables that changes according to the item version
    I'm not sure about you all but I find information written in a table format much easier to read and understand.

Also is it possible to group similar items together in an index?
    e.g.
    TWILIGHT SERIES
    Lvl. 45 Shade's Mask (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 60 Gloom's Cloak (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 75 Evening's Concealment (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 90 Dusk's Camouflage (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 105 Eventide's Guise (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 120 Nightfall's Facade (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 135 Twilight's Mantle (Mastercraft)
    Lvl. 150 Eternal Twilight's Mantle (Mastercraft/Guardian)

Sometimes there are weapons that have totally different names for each version so some may missed out that they are related, it happens to me.

I also think this will make it easier to add items to the index cause you dont have to insert every single item to their appropriate place, you just need to arrange them according to the series title

We generally don't do everything like Moglord unless the tiers are as ridiculous as Moglord's. The UG series is special, they scale. Leaving them in table form brings some difficulties. It's more difficult to handle weapon specials with differing amounts of damage. Furthermore, people may get condused with respect to base/random and base/max. With regard to Indices, theybare arraged in Level because that is the most sensible way of arranging it. When you contemplate upon a weapon, you'll want to look at weapons with sinilar pLevels.

< Message edited by Ward_Point -- 8/20/2013 20:43:11 >
    AQ  Post #: 27
    8/20/2013 13:32:08   
    moe

Is it possible to include only one picture per pedia item? Like in the DF forums they have just one pic at the bottom. It de-clutters the page IMO ^_^
    AQW  Post #: 28
    8/20/2013 13:39:32   
    afterlifex
    Legend-X

^ I would suggest reading the other suggestion in this topic.
    http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21367049

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
    11/16/2013 15:42:13   
    Nightmare Dragon

I was directed here by Koree.
    I would like to suggest a little more clarity for weapon effects (maybe effects in general for any equipment that has effects). The biggest issue is some effects clearly state when they are factored in, some state when they aren't factored in, and some don't state either.
    Avenger's Judgemenet for example doesn't state that the effect "All normal Player attacks take -5 BTH and deal *85/80 damage." isn't factored in, so it in fact seems like the 9 BtH is the correct BtH because it doesn't state "This has not been calculated into the above numbers."
    If you look at Horo-Show Void Vanquisher on the other hand, it does clearly state ""All normal Player attacks get -5 BtH and *85/80 to compensate. This has not been calculated into the above numbers." so we know for certain it hasn't been factored in.
    I've noticed cases where the effects will also clearly state that it is factored in to the numbers above, can't think of an example right at the moment so can't remember the exact wording (or link to an example to show this).

If someone were trying to compare the two weapons above for accuracy, they would believe that Judgement had a +5 BtH accuracy compared to Vanquisher because it lacks that important "This has not been calculated into the above numbers." phrase that clearly shows it's not calculated in. As I'm understanding it though from other players, this is actually false, and both weapons are in fact 4 BtH.

Thanks, hope this is something that can be worked on, would definitely be helpful!

- Nightmare Dragon Lord -

< Message edited by Nightmare Dragon -- 11/16/2013 15:56:15 >
    AQ  Post #: 30
    11/23/2013 11:17:37   
    Ranloth
    Banned

New format, huh? It's neat and definitely saves space. You can link all the entires to one or two posts and find it easily. Probably beneficial for both, players and AKs alike.

As long as there's analysis at the bottom, we can see original numbers whilst the one at the top should always include effects, so leans, ħBth, etc., should always be calculated for sake of convinience for players, and those who want to see why the numbers are so high/low, they could just scroll down and see the original numbers - before any effects have been calculated.

The fact it saves space and looks neat, makes it easier to understand. It may all be put in one post but it's labeled properly and the format is very simple and easy to understand. I see no downsides to it, at all.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 31
    11/24/2013 12:32:01   
    Heroes of the Scape

I like the new format. Would it be possible to get the forum code? I would like to help out when I can but want to leave as little work for you guys as possible if I do.
    AQ  Post #: 32
    11/26/2013 1:27:43   
    blex12345

Like the new format. It certainly save space and also easier to see the high level stats without having to scroll down pass a long list of lower levels' detail first
    Post #: 33
    11/26/2013 4:58:05   
    Seth Hydra
    How We Roll Winner
    Nov14

Cheers, the new format's pretty awesome. Saves time, and is small and efficient! Great Job!!
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
    12/2/2013 6:27:26   
    BexnDan

Excellent - a great improvement :)
    AQ  Post #: 35
    3/26/2014 10:39:34   
    pure tppc

There should be a Seasonal Rare for some rare items (ie. Clover Power Armour). This is because they will return every year since it's not a perma rare.
    AQ  Post #: 36
    3/26/2014 11:53:47   
    whackybeanz
    Times Silent Keeper

We actually had a discussion a long time before this and agreed that it wasn't necessary to have a Seasonal Rare tag.

One main reason is this: We do not necessarily know if an item will return seasonally, and if it continues to return seasonally or not after that. Imagine the amount of maintenance work (along with the other work so far) that will have to be done in order to make sure everything is consistently accurate. Considering how we don't really know if it'll return (again), marking something seasonally rare is going to be... difficult.

Another reason is because we now have "Portal rares", where you use the painting to access these items. Now these are technically not seasonally rare if you have the painting. In this case it wouldn't be a good idea to create a "Portal rare" tag as well, since that just adds to clutter.

The way item entries have been written for their location is such that it links to a quest. If you check the quest, the quest will tell you where it's accessed from. If it's available from a painting, it'll be stated as such. The same goes for seasonal events (which are usually just marked as Rare even if reaccessible every year). So you pretty much know how to get the item and where/when to get it from just that.

If you have a very compelling reason why a Seasonal Rare tag should be added though do post it! :)
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
    5/18/2014 18:19:24   
    Duskstar

This seems only able to sound like a complaint, but I assure you it is just a query...

Is there any reason the indexes in respective 'Pedia sections haven't been updated in aeons? I find in particular that the 'History' threads are very helpful for a returning player, but the latest equipment listed in those is from 6 months ago :S I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering, though I apologise if I missed an announcement with regards to this.

< Message edited by Duskstar -- 5/23/2014 6:15:47 >
    AQW  Post #: 38
    5/19/2014 23:02:35   
    whackybeanz
    Times Silent Keeper

I can understand your concerns.

Usually we would update the indices when the items are released to their Pedia sections, so it's like a "killing two birds with one stone" kind of thing, but since we are dealing with the backlog currently, this has also fallen behind.

I can attempt to catch up with the History threads for most sections except perhaps the Monster indices. Give me several weeks.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
    5/23/2014 6:15:35   
    Duskstar

Thanks, I thought I noticed a backlog as well ~ thank you for your efforts anyway, and I look forward to seeing updated indices :)
    AQW  Post #: 40
    6/1/2014 10:11:10   
    Carandor
    Legendary Scribe of Lore

I'm not sure there are enough items to warrant this idea, but I thought maybe the pedia should have a "what not to post" thread similar to the suggestion forums. In it would be items like head of the raydius dragon and the rewards from the miss fixit quests (that are now guardian only quests but used to be available to adventurers) being given guardian tags. I'm sure there are probably others as well. Perhaps just an additional post in the AQ Encyclopedia Standards and Guidelines will do. It seems like every other misc info sub thread has someone mentioning HoRD needs a guardian tag.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
    6/1/2014 11:05:53   
    whackybeanz
    Times Silent Keeper

^ I'm not too sure if it's feasible, since it (the mistake of requesting to tag an item as Guardian when it's not) doesn't occur too often, compared to say the AQ Suggestions forum. And like you said, there are not many items that warrant the existence of the thread/post. However, I'll discuss this with the rest and will drop a note here when a conclusion is reached.

Also notice:
    The update for Release Date indices will take quite some time due to several personal and work-related factors. I hope to get it done before the end of June approaches. Once it's done, I'll use this thread to post an update.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
    6/16/2014 22:04:33   
    Turtle_King

I don`t know if it`s been suggested but a "Limbo" thread is desperately needed. So all quests,weapons,spells,ect. can be listed to make it easier to know hat has yet to gain a place to call its own.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
    6/17/2014 2:50:12   
      Ward_Point
    Armchair Archivist

We have our own equipment backlog which I do plan to start clearing out. I understand that there's equipment that hasn't been updated since a year ago, (Horde's series, which I just posted up.) but all of the Pedia AKs are currently quite swamped with our Real Lives. For myself, at least, once I've cleared my exams, I'll get to work in posting actual entries and updating the Release threads. If you're looking for information about an item, use the Search function in the Top-Right corner, and limit the search to AQ Pedia/Infosub. You should be able to find stats there.
    AQ  Post #: 44
    6/17/2014 3:17:16   
    Turtle_King

Well what I mean is a lot of things are in Limbo.While finding information on what quest an item is in,it is much harder to know if the quest is in Limbo.I usually look through the forum for a lot of stuff I need information on. But I can understand that it is due to the backlog. I was simply throwing it out there as an idea. I wish luck,patience,and coffee to all the AKs dealing with the backlog!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
    6/30/2014 3:51:57   
    whackybeanz
    Times Silent Keeper

^ Hm, I can understand your concerns on this. One difficult thing would probably be maintaining it alongside all the other backlog that we have. :P Hopefully, just hopefully, we can clear some of them soon.

(No, I have not forgotten about updating the release indices. Still got 10 days till the end of the month! *shifty eyes*)

Update Progress
    Quests: Done!
    NPCs: Done!

Houses/House Items: No Release Indices
    Miscellaneous: ETA 01 Jul Done!

Spells: ETA 02 Jul Done!
    Shields: ETA 03 Jul Done!

Armors: ETA 04 Jul Done! Thanks Baron :)
    Pets/Guests: ETA 05 Jul Done! Thank Baron for this too!

Weapons: ETA 06 Jul
    Monsters: No ETA available

< Message edited by Baron -- 7/4/2014 7:40:36 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
    7/7/2014 1:20:01   
    MDLM... Joey Howe!
    Banned

Can I make a thread listing armor sets?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
    7/7/2014 12:53:41   
    Carandor
    Legendary Scribe of Lore

Do you mean mastercraft sets? Because we already have one. Besides only the pedia A.K's can make threads in the pedia.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
    7/7/2014 13:03:33   
    MDLM... Joey Howe!
    Banned

All sets, like the Protector Set, Nova Night Set, etc. and any class armors with matching equipment.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
    7/7/2014 14:57:04   
    Bu Kek Siansu

^^^ As Carandor said, only the pedia AK's(and staff members if I'm not wrong) can make threads in pedia.
    However, you can try to PM one of the AKs for asking if it's possible to make a list of armor sets that can be found somewhere in pedia, and you're willing to help by PM or whatsoever.

If not, you can PM one of the AKs for asking if you can create a guide for armor sets.

Good luck!

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 7/7/2014 15:05:54 >
    Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
    Page 2 of 3<123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition