Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Level 40 is coming !!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Level 40 is coming !!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2013 19:01:27   
lionblades

yay I like
AQW  Post #: 26
12/11/2013 20:29:40   
Remorse

Interesting,
I hope they are thinking this through enough.
I mean yeh its a good idea, but when balance is soo poor?
Hopefully they fit sufecient balance changes in or it will be a waste in my opinion.

Who is gonna wanna get to 40 soley versing BHs and the odd tech mage.

Btw guys im gonna have an educated guess and say legendary mode is you chose to fight blind. As in cant see skills, lets see if I am right.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/11/2013 20:36:33 >
Epic  Post #: 27
12/11/2013 20:37:55   
GearzHeadz

Oh my... Lots of skill points now. Could increase variety and skills being equally spread, or abuse. Guess we'll see.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/11/2013 20:42:08   
ValkyrieKnight

What Duel T said, they're hardcore players that will shoot up a level a week and we'd be stuck with horrid impossible to win fights. I don't care what people say, its impossible to beat someone 4-5 levels higher without some extreme luck. I wouldn't care so much for a increased rate of exp as I would diffidently enjoy an increased rate of credits. No fun buying completely upgradeless gears just to get em.
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/11/2013 23:54:36   
  Exploding Penguin

Hah, finally. I've been suggesting a large level cap increase like this for the past year. Anyways, hopefully they expand the skill trees a bit of each class cause that many skill points is just way too many. Should stop making cores and make new skill tree skills...that would definitely step things up and make the PvP more interesting.

At least it'll give us something to do. Better than waiting for barely anything each week.
Epic  Post #: 30
12/12/2013 1:59:39   
Thylek Shran

There will be many interesting duels between lvl 40s and lvl 36s....
Only the 24h players will benefit from this huge level cap expansion.
Its obvious again that the devs think that they can gather more players
by giving them alot work and goals. I think that just more ppl will quit
because the majority will experience a heavy drop in their win rates
as soon as they have to challenge very experienced 24h players with
two and more levels ahead from them. This will bring back the good old
noob feeling of challenging varium players during Beta to Gamma.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 31
12/12/2013 3:28:31   
kaiseryeux21

The players asked for it, now its here. This update promises so many things in terms of battles and strategies. But first, they need to make the necessary balance changes in order for the players to feel its full potential. Smoke plus mark of blood combo is obviously lethal. Although im having a good time beating some bounty hunters using my glass cannon/poison cyber hunter build, im not sure if majority of the players can be on par against these bounties. I wish to change the attitude of "if you can't beat them, join them". Every class must have the CHANCE to beat every class. Not that only 1 class dominating the battlefield then leave other classes in the ground. Bad business.

LOYTI
DF Epic  Post #: 32
12/12/2013 6:03:05   
Warmaker04

Level 40? Are you serious? People havent reached even 36 yet.... But sure, its not a bad idea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/12/2013 6:16:40   
axell5

actually many players have already reached level 36
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 34
12/12/2013 6:19:59   
DarkDevil

i would agree this will only benfit zombies and adicts.

after half a month barely 20 ppl will have made it while all others will still be 35 or 36.
on top of the current unbalance , this will cause more "ordinary players" to quit while adicts will get a big advantage.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/12/2013 6:24:21 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
12/12/2013 7:20:47   
white out727

Currently i have too many stats for my build so more levels wont help, all this is is to take up time so they can balance the game which im fine with but i feel sorry for my pyro fly, its going to be even more wothless now that ppl are going to have more skills to use... Buff maybe? Lol :p

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/12/2013 8:38:34   
Ranloth
Banned

Guys, let's not forget the curve will get less steep. Currently, 35 -> 36 was around... 22K Exp. After the update, that may require say... 15K Exp, which is a difference of 7K Exp (this will save you a hundred or so fights, depending on the mode + PH or not). We're yet to find out whether there will be boost in Exp and Credit rewards too, or even just Exp alone.

To those saying 35 vs. 40 will be imbalanced, perhaps you can see how 30's feel right now when facing you. ;) At least, you won't feel like you're always at the top, which is good because the game will pose some challenge - and this does NOT include fighting overpowered build with an underpowered class, or whatever, but level wise.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
12/12/2013 9:11:35   
xyzman

quote:

i would agree this will only benfit zombies and adicts.

after half a month barely 20 ppl will have made it while all others will still be 35 or 36.
on top of the current unbalance , this will cause more "ordinary players" to quit while adicts will get a big advantage.

@DarkDevil: If the game has addicts then it would be good for the game.

Anyway I haven't even reached lvl 36. And reaching lvl 40 would take me a year or more I think.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/12/2013 13:42:36   
Thylek Shran

@white out727

To many stats ? :) You could invest in HPs and EPs instead. HPs definetly would help.
DF Epic  Post #: 39
12/12/2013 13:44:51   
axell5

by too many stats he meant skill stats thats why he mentioned pyro fly
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 40
12/12/2013 14:32:56   
martinsen5

God yeah @above, I often end up with too many skill points when I'm making a build already (as a lvl 36), so I just invest in skills my weapon doesn't even support. A real bummer.

< Message edited by martinsen5 -- 12/12/2013 14:33:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/12/2013 14:51:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, I'm a bit wary about the change in regards to skill trees too - a few too many skill points ending up being wasted, unless they will add 13th skill to each class?
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
12/12/2013 15:24:53   
martinsen5

They refer to it as a "Legendary Epic Duel release", so it has got to be something more than just level 40. Mention of a "Legendary Mode" as well, no idea what that's all about..
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/12/2013 19:33:30   
8x

This might be the thing that will make me quit ED for good. I've been barely active for the last year and I honestly don't feel like trying to reach level 40. I just wish ED had kept more records in the past, such as extra exp and so on...
Epic  Post #: 44
12/13/2013 6:08:16   
goldslayer1

quote:

Btw guys im gonna have an educated guess and say legendary mode is you chose to fight blind. As in cant see skills, lets see if I am right.

build hiding?
*trying to remember how long ago i suggested that*

and lvl 40 already?

sounds like an even better way for the OP class to get even more advantage over the other classes.
I wouldn't disagree with this move if there was proper stat balance, along with no classes to balance.

OP class wins more consistently > UP class wins slower > OP class gets to higher level first > OP class now has stat advantage over UP class > UP class now takes even longer to level up due to less consistency)
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/13/2013 6:12:41   
Ranloth
Banned

Check the DNs for current information. Level 40 is the final level cap, and Exp Curve will be made a bit smoother - so it won't take as long as 35 -> 36 did.
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
12/13/2013 6:19:11   
goldslayer1

@trans
ahh, cool thing i didn't waste my time on lvl 36 then.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/13/2013 6:27:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah. They want to put an end to level caps, thus making it 40, and making it easier to level up - which makes the match-ups fairer after a while, since Exp gaps won't be so big thus reducing time to level up, but these are long-time returns.
And then, put emphasis on the Legendary mode - by giving them perks such as badges, different colour name (like AQW) and mini power advantage, as described by NW himself, noticeable but not imbalanced - so, perhaps, max rank could give you +2 level advantage (+8 stats, or whatever) over non-Legendary capped players. That's why they've delayed release until next week - need to finalise the details and finish building it.

Although, I regret farming now. -.-
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
12/13/2013 6:34:05   
goldslayer1

@trans
theres a possibility your exp "rolls over" for the next levels, so you may end up being lvl 37-39
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/13/2013 6:37:09   
Ranloth
Banned

That, or nothing. Remember last time Exp curve got adjusted by Rabble - it was increased from Lvl 20'ish onwards -, everyone got bonus Exp to make up for the steeper curve; if L30 required 50K Exp before, and was changed to 70K & you were L30 with 50K Exp, you ended up getting boosted.

I just hope it'll be a lot less steep. Having played on my alts, it gets really long around Level 22-25, and even worse near Level 30... I believe that's one of the reasons (on top of many others) why we're often paired up with Level 30's and so on, because it takes THAT long.
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Level 40 is coming !!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition