Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Yulgar's Inn: The Legend Returns!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RE: Yulgar's Inn: The Legend Returns!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2021 15:01:55   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Miu had never been a big fan of rainstorms. It’s not that she minded getting wet; she didn’t, even as the wind around her plucked each drop from its path and guided them one by one to the soaked ground rather than letting them plop onto her clothes. No, it was mostly just the cold and dark that came from the clouds blocking out the sun and leaving people closed up in their houses. It was so much harder to find a story when no one was willing to step outside.

Stepstepstepstepstep

Her feet fell one after the other, over and over in a high-speed pattern that drew her across the ground and through the storm at a breakneck pace. She wasn’t sure where exactly she was going, she just knew that there was a story to be found, somewhere in this cold, wet world. Her eyes sifted through the sights that blurred past her as her pace increased even more.

Rain.Clouds.APathThroughTheWoods?NoThat’sNotTheWayToGoI’dJustGetLost.OhLightsUpAhead!

Her eyes lost in the warm light of the building ahead, Miu’s foot fell onto a soaked stone, its slick surface providing no true purchase for her foolish step.

“Wha-!”

Her leg shot up, and her next step never came. Instinctively, she curled into a ball, the wind guiding her form through the air and allowing the ceaseless drops of rain to break past and soak her as her previous momentum caused her to continue flying forwards at dangerously high speeds. She slammed into a wooden door, its frame buckling under her weight and swinging open to admit her.

With her momentum stopped, Miu crashed down to earth in a crumpled-up heap of gray and white, the door swinging shut behind her.

LovelyHardwoodFloorHere.ThereAreAFewStainsButISupposeThatsToBeExpected,WhatWithTheSmellOfDrink.ATavernThen?No,AnInn!

“Owwwww…”

Miu Fabula picked herself up quickly, the small amount of professional dignity she tried to maintain already shattered by her incredible entrance. She glanced about, smoothing out her shirt and blazer with her hands as a small gust of wind lifted her black hat off the ground, wrung the water out of it, and placed it atop her head. The storm around her kept her clothes from staying perfectly flat, but she didn’t mind.

Most of the patrons of the place had already gone back to their conversations, her intrusion serving only as a small break in whatever excitement they were already engaging in. There was a sound off to the side though, a large man clearing his throat.

Oops.

A hulk of a man stood behind the bar, his eyes hard as he stared right at her. Miu crossed the room in a flash, a harsh gust following her wake as she skirted uncomfortably close to a few patrons that had chosen the wrong moment to stand up. Still, she didn’t crash into any of them, which was always a good sign compared to some of the events that had occurred on her other days of work. A small, blossom scented breeze pulled a card from her shirt pocket and carried it to the table in front of the man as Miu clasped her hands together and bowed, spouting a hasty apology.

Miu Fabula
Journalist, Reporter, and Storyteller
Falconreach Office of News and Editorials

“Please excuse my entrance, sir. If there is any damage to your establishment please put in a notice with my company and they will reimburse it.”

Miu spun without waiting to hear a response, her eyes already flicking about the room as her storm unconsciously lifted her journal from her side and her quill from her pocket. The quill scritched away at the paper as fast as her mind ran while she stepped from table to table, taking everything in.

Lovely place here, really. The tables are kept generally clean, even with all the food and drink that gets spilt on them. Whoops, there’s a spill right now, hope that won’t stain. That stage back there is rather large, could fit an entire band or orchestra up there, shame there’s no one currently playing. Atmosphere is smooth but energetic, with multiple conversations happening all over the room and no one causing trouble. Like those two by the bar. Their outfits could use more color, and they seem to have hit a small lull in their conversation, but they seem to be having a good time.

Is that a cat over there? I suppose as long as it wouldn’t get its way into the food, allowing animals wouldn’t cause any health code violations.

A stray gust pulled away from Miu and swept up a singular forgotten fry from a patron’s plate, carrying it up to her lips, where she took a satisfied bite. Her quill’s speed increased as the flavor shot through her.

Oh now this is excellent. Far better taste than usual, wonder what magic the chef is tossing into it.

Miu took in a deep breath, the scritching of her quill growing ever more frantic.

Gorilliaphant? Smells like zard, too. I’ll have to order something later to get the full experience.

Her storm pushed her rapid steps away from the other tables and over to the counter. The gusts slid her journal and quill into Miu’s pockets as they spun one of the stools next to the other patrons around a bit before Miu took her perch on it, the ball of her foot falling into its regular, rhythmic, constant bouncing. She waited for a break in the conversations to speak up, her words flowing out like a wildfire.

“LovelyWeatherWe’veGotOutThere!”

She coughed into her hand, her storm wrapping gently around her throat for a brief moment. Breath. Slow down. And try again. Miu cleared her throat as the storm loosened, and spoke again, slower this time, though there was still a hint of energy underlying the now methodical speech.

"My apologies. A little too excited, today."

And every day. It was difficult to remember not everyone moved as fast as she did. Both on foot and through life.

“Does anyone have any recommendations? No wait, more important question first. I kinda missed the sign when I entered, where am I?”
Post #: 26
3/28/2021 8:06:27   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

"Flawless, as always." Alex rested an elbow on the counter, bracing a hand against his lips as he blew out an exasperated breath. His master had meant well; any other student would have been overjoyed at such praise: To have their spellwork called flawless - perfect in every detail. The scholar fought the urge to growl into his palm. What good was it if he could cast any spell 'perfectly' on his first try? He didn't want to mimic, to iterate. He wanted to-

Metal scraped against wood and light flickered along the curve of Sara's spoon as she ran it through the course of scattered droplets. But more than that, it was the anchoring touch of her hand - gentle but firm on his shoulder - that jarred him from the malaise. "I..." The mage colored faintly, lips twitching as he lifted his eyes to his dinner companion, and his own hand rose to rub self-consciously along his neck and shoulder.

He took a deep breath, focusing on her, on the lingering warmth where her touch had been, and Alex willed himself back to the inn - to now. The quiet tension eased from the young man’s shoulders as he released the breath and nodded to Sara, reaching gingerly for his tankard.

Raising the mug to his lips, the scholar took a meditative sip from the cider within before setting it back on the bar. "You're right." Alex chuckled wearily as he spooned up another bite of his stew. "You're absolutely right." He was silent for a moment as he enjoyed a second taste from the bowl and then carefully dipped his finger into the moisture atop the counter, drawing Sara's lines into a faintly luminous circle. The water quivered, rippling into a single pool before elongating, lengthening, and thinning into a rod perhaps as long as Alex’s little finger. Between one breath and the next frost spider-webbed over the surface, accumulating in a tight knot at one end of the rod and feathering its way down. The bead of ice unfurled slowly into the faux leaves and false petals of a perfect, miniature replica of a flower: a frosted rose.

Crimson touched the mage’s cheeks when he looked up from his work, consciously stilling a faint tremor in his fingers as he slid the piece over to Sara. “Thank you, truly. It’s easy to lose sight of things sometimes. You start thinking about what’s wrong and you just… You lose sight of everything that’s right.” His eyes flicked away from her, to the grey mouser enjoying her own meal on the bar. “I’m lucky, really.” The young man’s expression softened, his voice rising. “I’m here, aren’t I? That’s more time than some people have.”

Alex turned back suddenly, his smile full and guileless. "Tell me something, Sara: If you could do anything - anything in the world - what would you do?"
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
5/9/2021 14:42:40   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF & RP

The door slammed, the chatter and warmth of the room ebbed and flowed about her, yet Sara's gaze remained fixed on Alex. He started slightly at her touch, visibly pulling himself back to the inn and their conversation. Scholars… always listening to lectures only they can hear.

Sara took another deep gulp of her cider, watching the mage over the rim of the tankard as he gradually relaxed and began eating his stew. They sat in comfortable silence, broken by the excited jabbering of one of the patrons behind them. Rainy days seemed to be good for business even if that gave poor barmaid double the work to keep damp at bay. Motion before her caught her eye again, and the young woman lowered her mug in time to see faint sparks of frost leap from Alex's fingers to the moisture puddled on the counter between them. She barely had time to process the faint chill creeping across the wood before the spell ended, and the scholar was pushing a delicately frost-form rose across the table with cheeks a scarlet to rival the crackling hearth fire.

Rough, calloused fingers gently lifted the frozen bud, a soft smile finding it's way to Sara's at the gentle chill against her skin. Resilient little thing… She raised her silver eye's up to meet Alex's blue ones - smiling growing slightly broader as he glanced away from her and towards his furred companion instead. The silence between them stretched out a beat - Sara watching Alex, Alex watching the cat. . .

Here and living in the moment.

The young man turned back to her, smile full in his face once more - and Sara could not help the peals of bright laughter that escaped at his question. "Oh, for a wandering soul like myself, there's countless of adventures where I'll get to go anywhere and do almost anything! But right here, right now?" Her smile turned slightly mischievous, and she twirled the rose delicately between her fingers. "Pet a cat, probably! Would you believe I've never done so before?"
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
7/25/2021 14:49:00   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Some detached part of Alex was certain that he was grinning like a fool. The rest of him didn’t care. Sara’s laughter was electric, infectious, and the scholar couldn’t help but chuckle himself as her mirth rang through the common room. He felt... light, easy. It was nothing like any of the fumbling conversations he had had with beautiful women previously. Rather, it hadn't stayed that way. Maybe it was the inn. Maybe it was a very different kind of magic, but despite the strangeness he was enjoying himself. It just felt right.

The young man took a draught from his tankard, smile growing as Sara skillfully spun his gift through her fingers. He glanced up and met her silver gaze, and the impish smile below it. You're staring again. Alex shifted in his seat, half-intending to say something - apologize, perhaps - only for the woman to suddenly answer his question.

He sputtered, half-inhaling a mouthful of cider. “You… You’ve never,” he broke off, covering his mouth as he tried desperately to clear his throat. The spasm earned the pair a glance from the grey mouser on the bar - who had finished her own meal as they spoke. Alex stared at his dining companion, and there was something almost indignant to the incredulity of the mage’s tone. "Never. Never once?" With a frown, the young man glanced at the feline down the bar from the pair. "In that case-"

The cat, for her part, shifted to return Alex's regard, her "voice" a ripple across the tide of his own thoughts as she commented to him tartly. --I am not a house pet.--

"No one said that, but your appearance is-"

--I was under the impression that I taught you rather some time ago about the importance of seeing beyond surfaces. My appearance is immaterial. I am not a cat.--

Alex's frown faded into a faint grin as he shook his head, warming to the subject. "That's a hair-splitting distinction, not a matter of settled fact. Master Coenvald's treatise on familiar composition clearly concluded tha-"

The little mouser made a soft noise, surprisingly similar to a person clearing their throat. --I am well acquainted with the literature, Alex, but aren't you forgetting someone?--

He blinked, staring for a long moment at the feline before his eyes went wide. His mouth worked, but no sound came out; the scholar paled, struggling to say something, anything. "I mean... I was just..."

--Give her some credit, Alex. She’s smarter than that.--

The mage closed his eyes for several seconds, reaching out for his tankard and taking a slow drink. Stupid. Just… blurt it out, why don’t you? Stand on the bar and holler it for all of them to hear? Alex exhaled slowly, his expression smoothing to careful neutrality as he opened his eyes and looked back at his dining companion. So what's it going to be then? The truth... or the door? The young man watched Sara, and the familiar watched the mage, before he finally set his drink heavily on the bar. "Come here, Slash."

From her place on the bar, the ‘cat’ padded over to sit primly before Alex, bowing her head fractionally in a strangely deferential gesture. His hand rose, working gently over her head, back behind her ears, and then lightly down along her spine. “She… Slash is my familiar.” He looked from the apparent feline to Sara, voice soft. “Some people don't understand," the young mage stroked slowly down Slash's back again, "and we've had some... problems in the past."
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
11/2/2021 22:14:34   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF & RP

Sara raised a hand to thump Alex on the back a few times as he coughed, her laughter subsiding to soft chuckles. The young man regained control of himself, still sputtering in as he began to reply when he cut himself off mid-sentence and looked aside. Sara’s eyebrows furrowed slightly. A quick glance about showed no major threats or changes, and she turned back to Alex to ask if he was ok just as he resumed speaking - but not to her.

“No one said that, but your appearance is-” Cut off again, the mage now frowning over at the cat, who was regarding him in turn with cool detachment. No, not just frowning at it…

He’s speaking with it, Sara realized with a jolt, silver eyes darting between Alex and the, well, probably not a normal cat, then. Whoops. Maybe she shouldn’t have spoken of it - them? So casually. Then Alex turned back to her, and Sara struggled hard to avoid wincing at his carefully closed-off face, his one-sided conversation clearly put on pause. Some quiet debate warred behind now-guarded blue eyes, fixed on hers. Sara began to shrug, a half-formed apology already making its way to her mouth, when he set his tankard down with a hard thud to gesture to his companion.

Golden eyes with a dark, slitted pupil - the same hue Alex’s shifted to earlier, I see now… - watched her as the mage introduced his familiar, voice much softer than before. Keen intelligence glinted out from them as they stared, unblinking, even as the young man continued speaking. Sara bet that anyone with only human eyes would fail to notice the ever so faint trembling in his hand as it traced against long, gray fur. Oh, Alex… ignorant people never make life easy, do they?

“Forgive me for the misunderstanding, Slash.” Sara kept her voice equally soft as she inclined her head towards the feline. “I will freely admit to my ignorance - of both cats and of familiars, in this case,” she added, shooting a small smile in Alex’s direction. A slight feint at lightening the mood but… not quite what Sara really needed to do, at the moment. She hesitated for a beat, rolling her shoulders slightly as the small of her back prickled. The ever-constant reminder of her oft-hidden wings.

With a soft chink, Sara carefully set the frozen rose beside her bowl of stew. She leaned her elbow against the counter, hand turned up before her eyes, rough and calloused and bearing the weight of years of training. A single lick of argent fire wove between her fingers before sinking down into her palm. Brilliant silver flames, glowing even in the inn's bright light, curled out across her skin in broad strokes, moving in graceful swirls up her arms and across her exposed neck and face before twining down her opposite arm. They faded just as swiftly as they appeared, although a faint outline of where they last marked remained alongst her forearms. “We may walk quite different paths, but, well. I’m also used to encountering those that do not understand.” She gave a half shrug and turned to take another few bites of her half-eaten stew, fingers idly playing with the blossom lying beside it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RE: Yulgar's Inn: The Legend Returns!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition