Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WPC 2023= Field of Starlight OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =WPC 2023= Field of Starlight OOC
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2023 13:48:00   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

This thread will be your OOC forum for the competitors of the Field of Starlight to discuss tactics, collaborations, and plots, as well as to ask questions of your fellow combatants and to provide any additional details necessary to clarify your character or your actions. It should also be used for necessary communications with the Judge in requesting extensions. As a reminder, you are required to post every 4 days. While I will do my best to provide 24 hour warnings, please do not rely on these. I must be informed in advance if an extension is needed.

The Trials consist of loosely Team-based combat intended to allow your characters, the Pawns, to prove themselves worthy of fighting in the Final Battle. While all characters know the alignments of their friends and foes, I would like to make it clear that the Powers are watching, and wish to see the full capabilities and personalities of the Pawns. What this means is that friendly fire or even open-combat with an ally will not be penalized. Do as you believe your characters would, even if that means backstabbing your own side or consorting with members of the opposite side. Temporary alliances can be formed, and broken, at the whims of the participants - and it is from the individual performances that Knights will be chosen.

Combatants in this battlefield appear at equidistant starting points along the outer edges, facing inwards. The order in which you are listed on the roster is the relative location you appear in, with the first contestant appearing in the North of the Battlefield and moving clockwise along the edge. Alternatively you can view this as the competitor listed above you will be on your right and the competitor below you in the roster will be on your left. All competitors are assumed to appear at roughly the same time, regardless of posting order.

This was the music inspiration for the Field of Starlight.

The Roster
The Parodist, created by Roseleaf320, fighting for Chaos!
Thorn, created by Apocalypse, fighting for Order!
Kazerol, The Fractured One, created by nield, fighting for Chaos!
Captain of the Nightmare, created by Starflame13, fighting for Order!
The Vessel Bearer, created by ChaosRipJaw, fighting for Chaos!
Asurah, Crucible Soul, created by Dragonknight315!, fighting for Order!

Feel free to ask me questions within this thread, via PM, or via the AEF RP Discord Server if you have any details you would like clarified. Our Discord Server can be found here.

In addition, I will be editing in any questions that may be useful for all combatants to read. Beginning with:

What were those symbols that appeared above each Pawn?
Those were the symbols of Order and Chaos respectively, as seen at the top of the Signup thread. The symbol that appeared above each character represents their alignment as listed above, and they appear long enough for each character to see both their own and those of the other combatants.

What are the dimensions of the battlefield?
Starlight is a circular battlefield. From the geometric center is approximately 15 feet (4.5 Meters) of empty space, followed by 50 feet (15.2 Meters) of metal flooring (think of it like a donut) before reaching a drop off into the void. The ground here is solid steel, though it does not conduct electricity as well as normal steel. It can be damaged with significant force, but is resistant to magical effects such as intense heat. A large round star sits at the center of the battlefield, approximately 15 feet above “ground”-level, illuminating the battlefield with bright light.

What’s that star like?
The star is a sphere of approximately 10 (3 meter) foot diameter. The star is bright enough that it is uncomfortable to look directly at, but will not outright blind anyone. It gives off a moderate amount of heat at a distance, ramping to uncomfortably hot up close. Touching the star is akin to touching fire, and can burn characters severely under prolonged contact. The sphere itself is solid and can be pushed off of.

Is that empty hole dangerous?
Not quite. The center hole has significantly reduced gravity and preserves the horizontal momentum of anything/one that travels over it. This means a character can easily (though not always quickly) leap from one side of the hole to the other, or along its edges. That said, should a character be pushed in without proper momentum or preparation, they may find themselves colliding with the edge rather than clearing the leap.

A few more details about the Chequered City
If you attempt to destroy any of the buildings/inhabitants of the City, they will reform briefly after the destruction. It is possible to encounter other combatants in the city - so while you may tweak the process of time for your character, ensure that your actions will impact you and you alone. The automatons can take on different forms depending on your character's interpretation: they can look like people you know, although something will feel slightly... off if they do, or look entirely mechanical, or anywhere in the range between.

This year there is an additional “vine maze” surrounding the outside of the city proper. You may use or ignore this as you see fit.

What if I want to fight someone in the city before reaching my Battlefield?
Direct combat with intent to cripple or kill in a way that would impact the combatants combat ability will result in interference by the automatons or the city itself to prevent it. You're welcome to go for it, though I would request that it gets run by me first in more detail. Since the city is much more flexible to work with than Bren, the interference to prevent further conflict can be basically anything.

< Message edited by Chewy905 -- 1/22/2023 13:51:21 >
Post #: 1
1/28/2023 5:22:25   
nield
Creative!

Requesting 12 hour extension
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/28/2023 11:01:19   
  Chewy905

@nield- granted. Your deadline is now 01/29/2023 at 2:13am. You have two 12-hour extensions remaining.
Post #: 3
1/28/2023 19:55:41   
  Starflame13

@Chewy905 - Between timezones and not wanting to leapfrog posts when there's a charging chimera involved, going to request a 24 hour extension please!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
1/28/2023 19:59:23   
  Chewy905

@Starflame13 - Granted. Your new deadline is Monday, 01/30/2023, at 2:12am server time. You have one 12-hour extension remaining.
Post #: 5
1/30/2023 23:17:23   
Apocalypse

Posted with collab from rose!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/2/2023 19:02:12   
Dragonknight315

@Chewy Requesting a 24 hour extension due to work.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
2/2/2023 21:33:46   
  Chewy905

Granted! Your new deadline is Saturday, February 4th, at 7:27pm server time. You have one 12-hour deadline remaining.
Post #: 8
2/3/2023 19:28:19   
Apocalypse

@Chewy905 requesting 24 hour extension, please.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
2/3/2023 22:12:48   
  Chewy905

@Apocalypse - Granted! Your new deadline is Saturday, February 4th, at 11:23pm server time. You have one 12-hour extension remaining.
Post #: 10
2/4/2023 22:56:26   
Apocalypse

Posted with collab from rose!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/5/2023 12:29:19   
nield
Creative!

Requesting 12 hour extension
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/5/2023 20:24:14   
  Chewy905

Granted! Your new deadline is Monday, February 6th, at 5:15am server time. You have two 12-hour extensions remaining.
Post #: 13
2/7/2023 19:35:23   
Dragonknight315

@Chewy Requesting my last 12 hour extension.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
2/7/2023 22:36:41   
  Chewy905

@Dragonknight15 - Granted. Your new deadline is Thursday February 9th at 6:00am server time. You have no extensions remaining.

< Message edited by Chewy905 -- 2/8/2023 12:25:38 >
Post #: 15
2/10/2023 8:56:41   
  Chewy905

@Roseleaf315 has requested a 12-hour extension via discord, which I am granting. Their new deadline is Saturday, February 11th, at 8:45am server time. They have two 12-hour extensions remaining.
Post #: 16
2/10/2023 19:41:50   
  Starflame13

@Chewy - I will be following Rose's request to ensure I can post after her, so taking my last 12 hour extension please!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
2/10/2023 20:19:41   
  Chewy905

@Starflame13 - Granted! You technically no longer have a deadline!
Post #: 18
2/11/2023 22:26:29   
Apocalypse

Posted with collab from Star and Rose
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =WPC 2023= Field of Starlight OOC
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition