Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2007 8:25:16   
Nicky

Tyber:
quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky

If it's a .rar file, read from here, if it's an .abr file, read from the next paragraph.
Extract the brushes out of the .rar file with a nifty program called winRAR. If you don't have it, chances are there's a trial for it on www.download.com.
Right click the rar thing, and Extract -> To Here if you want the files wherever you are in your files.
Once you extract the files, you should have an .abr file (if it's in a folder, go into the folder).

Copy your .abr file (right click -> copy).
Now go to C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop xxx/Presets/Brushes, and paste your file in there (Right click empty space -> Paste). "xxx" being your version number.
Now reload Photoshop, and your brushes should be in there.

If that doesn't work, I know another way.
And this is for Windows, by the way.

AQ DF  Post #: 76
8/13/2007 0:31:23   
Bloush

Does anyone know the differece between Photoshop and PhotoShop Elements?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
8/16/2007 0:31:40   
ewaan123

Now I know that this might sound noobish but... How can I smudge in CS2? there's no smudge tool unlike in GIMP
Post #: 78
8/16/2007 7:00:37   
Nicky

Bloush: I believe Photoshop the original has more, and better tools for tagmaking.

Ewaan: in CS2, press "R" on your keyboard. Then go to the tile that lights up in the tools window. If it is not the smudge tool, click and hold down on the tile, and wait for the small popup menu. Then click the smudge tool.
AQ DF  Post #: 79
8/17/2007 13:10:36   
DeuxFighter

Is photoshop free?I do all my art without a computer so I'm not acquainted with photoshop.
Post #: 80
8/18/2007 1:42:47   
Nicky

No, Photoshop isn't free, but you can get a free 30-day trial from http://www.adobe.com of Photoshop CS3, I believe.
AQ DF  Post #: 81
8/25/2007 18:14:29   
Antman400

Im pretty sure you can get photoshop cs1 for free somewhere, as i dont remember having to pay for mine. Anyway heres my question, is it possible to save a photoshop image as gif without making it a animated one first, because i can only mange to save as png and all my images go ova 50kb and im not allowed to use them =(. I dont mind making the quality a bit bad but if i have to use sigs just made up of googled backgrounds and pictures with text added on i wont bother with a sig. Here's the one im trying to use.

< Message edited by Antman400 -- 8/25/2007 18:15:41 >
AQ  Post #: 82
8/28/2007 3:05:10   
Nicky

In Photoshop, for Windows, go to File -> Save for Web.
A box should come up where to can pick the filetype and adjust the size.
JPEG is actually the best choice as changing the file size is the easiest with the Quality slider.

Here is a .jpg version that is under 50kb (It's 41kb):

[img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1392/antman400kl6.jpg[/img]
AQ DF  Post #: 83
8/29/2007 9:12:43   
Antman400

ooh thx, didnt know that.
AQ  Post #: 84
9/1/2007 2:27:08   
dirtking4ever

ohh cool

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=10992463&mpage=1&key=�
AQ  Post #: 85
9/1/2007 2:28:06   
Nicky

You're welcome, Antman :D
AQ DF  Post #: 86
9/1/2007 21:59:26   
lguan

D:

How do you resize an image in Photoshop? I found the crop tool, but I can't seem to find a way to resize an image like I can in Gimp :P. Thanks for the help.
AQ  Post #: 87
9/1/2007 22:52:24   
Nicky

To resize an image, click on the layer with it on it. If it is called "Background", double click it and hit OK to make it called "Layer 0".

Then you can press Control + T to "Free Transform" the image, similar to many resizing boxes, with pointers at all the corners, and in between them.

Hopefully this worked :)
AQ DF  Post #: 88
9/2/2007 7:56:04   
lguan

You make it look too easy, Nicky ;). Thanks. Now, I'm having some trouble with downloading brushes. I read the FAQ thing on the first post and did exactly what the post said (at least I think I did :/). All the brush files were in the Brushes file, but they don't show up even after I restarted it.
AQ  Post #: 89
9/2/2007 8:13:39   
Mistermafio

I had a similar problem, but I found out you can get the brushes by opening the brushes menu, hit the round thing with an arrow on it, choose load brushes and select the brush you want.

After that the brush will be added to the menu, I have no idea if there is a simpler method though.
AQ  Post #: 90
9/3/2007 3:51:55   
Nicky

quote:

ORIGINAL: lguan

You make it look too easy, Nicky ;). Thanks. Now, I'm having some trouble with downloading brushes. I read the FAQ thing on the first post and did exactly what the post said (at least I think I did :/). All the brush files were in the Brushes file, but they don't show up even after I restarted it.

Thanks lguan, and you're welcome :)
Yeah, if they are in C://Program Files/Adobe/Photoshopxx/Presets/Brushes and it still doesn't work, try the process noted by Mafio.
AQ DF  Post #: 91
9/3/2007 7:25:28   
lguan

Ooh, third question in a row by me :P. That makes me look really noobish, but I can't quite adjust from Gimp to PS after I've been using Gimp for so long D:.

Okay, I found the pentool, and was able to create a curve with it, but ... how do you go beyond that? And by that I mean, how do you work with it after that? Meh ... difficult for me to explain. Hmm ... okay, I made the curve with the pentool, but it's still in the form where it's like ... yeah, undeveloped lines (again, me sucks at explaining). And I'm trying to make it so, that it's a thick curvy shape, and then add a clipping mask to it, but I'm having trouble getting there.

Yeah ... If anyone can answer (or understand at least :P), I'd be happy as ever. Thanks in advance.
AQ  Post #: 92
9/4/2007 4:03:39   
Nicky

I think I get what you're saying :P.
And no, not noobish at all :D

If you want to make a shape, make curves with the pen tool- you can join up your start point to a finish point if you want. Then right click and hit fill selection, and fill out any boxes that pop up.

On the other hand, if you want to make a line, make your curve, right click and hit Stroke Path. Select the method of stroking you want to use, and hit ok. (Note that if you choose something like the brush, pencil tool, it will use the size that you have defaulted. For example, if you were working with a 64px round brush and is now doing a line with the pen tool, it would make a 64px line.) Hopefully that makes sense. :3.

Good luck with it.
AQ DF  Post #: 93
9/4/2007 17:50:20   
lguan

Okay, I think I got that ... :P

I have another question ... kinda general, but still. I'm having some trouble and confusion with clipping masks :P. I've read lots of PS tuts that had clipping masks as a step, and I just did it with my 'Gimp way'. Now, the tuts normally say like 'move it around' or something. And there's the trouble -- nothing really happens. Again, it's a pretty general question, but how do clipping masks work?

And how do you get to the patterns you have :S?

Do you have MSN, Nicky? I figured this would be less of a burden if I could ask you on MSN :).

< Message edited by lguan -- 9/5/2007 13:54:37 >
AQ  Post #: 94
9/12/2007 3:45:47   
Nicky

Yeah, I have MSN, lguan. If you havent figured it out by now, as this is a late reply :P.

I'll PM you now...
AQ DF  Post #: 95
9/17/2007 9:33:02   
Resolute

I just discovered the awesomest thing! Its a GIF animator in Photoshop 4, but I am having some trouble. I can't change the looping or frame delay preferences, does anyone want to tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

~GB5~
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
9/17/2007 16:49:23   
The Virtual Reality

Well... probably the n00best question of all but... I have a saved picture that I can't get onto my canvas. Help?
DF MQ  Post #: 97
9/22/2007 19:38:28   
Nicky

quote:

ORIGINAL: GhostBear5

I just discovered the awesomest thing! Its a GIF animator in Photoshop 4, but I am having some trouble. I can't change the looping or frame delay preferences, does anyone want to tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

~GB5~

Photoshop 4... Sorry, I don't know much about that program... I think the newer versions are mostly used around here, but someone might know something.

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Virtual Reality

Well... probably the n00best question of all but... I have a saved picture that I can't get onto my canvas. Help?

How are you moving it into your canvas? If you open it with File -> Open, then use the move tool (V) and drag it onto your canvas, it should work. Unless the layer is called "Background", then double click the layer in the layers palette and hit OK.
If not you can go Edit -> Select all, then copy and paste it into your canvas.
(Copy is Control + C, Paste is Control + V)
AQ DF  Post #: 98
10/4/2007 10:42:40   
The Virtual Reality

Another silly question. Is there a refresh button in PS like in GIMP?
DF MQ  Post #: 99
10/7/2007 9:55:41   
~Chaos~

That isn't a silly question compared to mine!

First of all ; Remember me?
Second ; I can post questions about Illustrator CS3 here... Right?

The real question ;
How do you turn Pixel images into Vector images?
I need it for resizing sprites (also called renders) and stuff...
Without them getting blurry.
Help would be nice...
DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition