Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The STO: Student Teacher Organization

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: The STO: Student Teacher Organization
Page 22 of 26«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2008 22:10:59   
Saerokeon

I got a name change, lguan.

CO>saerokeon

also, new showing picture: http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc58/CO_dude/believelookupandliveyourdreams-1.png

Could you also change my student number to 'whatever'? if not, no limit is good

thanks

~Saer
Post #: 526
9/22/2008 16:19:18   
Umbrageous

Name:Umbrageous
Teacher:.obliviondawn//
Subject:PS
Hoping to Learn:Spacescaping
AQ  Post #: 527
9/23/2008 12:42:01   
nolraitru

Name change added for Saer and changed the student limit.

Umb added to .oD//, who is now full.

If I missed anyone, please let me know.
Post #: 528
10/2/2008 20:19:53   
Saerokeon

'OmniWolf' has request me as a teacher, I just realized.
Post #: 529
10/3/2008 19:16:29   
lguan

He's going to have to apply here himself, Sae. Unless he already did some pages ago and I overlooked it...

And thanks for taking over for a bit iChar :DDD. I appreciate it.

I can't promise I'll be on too often in the future, but I will check in every so often. So, I apologize for the lack of activity in running this place. Again, I'll try my best to check in as much as I can and upate with teachers and students. I'll probably check up once every few days, or a little bit every day. Thanks for the patience ^_^.

< Message edited by lguan -- 10/3/2008 19:17:00 >
AQ  Post #: 530
10/9/2008 18:35:56   
Saerokeon

He did, post number 252
Post #: 531
10/11/2008 13:43:20   
lguan

That seems like it was a while ago, but accepted.
If you don't hear from him, let me know.
AQ  Post #: 532
10/17/2008 14:15:27   
Darklord517

Name: Darklord517
Teacher: DarkKnight2 :D
Subject: Photoshop ^^
Hoping to Learn: Anything in Photoshop really, varies from Tags, general art. Anything DK2 knows ^^.

*Doesn't disappear for another year :D For a while.*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Google

You need sarcasm lessons.
AQ DF  Post #: 533
10/18/2008 17:54:30   
hojoko

Name: Hojoko
Teacher: Saerokeon
Subject: GIMP
Hoping to Learn: Tags And Good BG`s

Thanks
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 534
10/23/2008 20:05:29   
lguan

accepted both of you. please pm your teachers to begin.
AQ  Post #: 535
11/4/2008 19:32:25   
MonsterEnergy

Name:Tribeast
Teacher:Saerokeon
Subject:Da Gimp
Hoping to Learn:some background effects,lighting,any thing random that will help with making my tags

hey remove me from Tormentor he never replied back except the first time
DF  Post #: 536
11/4/2008 21:34:38   
lguan

Accepted, please pm your teacher to begin.
AQ  Post #: 537
11/5/2008 19:30:56   
Voltar

Name: Obsidiamancer
Teacher: Tormenter
Subject: GIMP signature-making
Hoping to Learn: How to make a decent signature. I'd say the best one I've ever made is this. And in case you didn't notice, there is NO depth to that thing and NO lighting and NO-- OH, YOU GET THE POINT!!!

So, am I in?

DF MQ  Post #: 538
11/6/2008 10:41:25   
lguan

Haha :P. Accepted, please pm your teacher to begin.
AQ  Post #: 539
11/14/2008 17:36:53   
TarrianLoki

Name:The Mist
Teacher:Trip
Subject:PS
Hoping to Learn: well, i was kinda hoping to get back in the groove after my long long break ^^
Post #: 540
11/14/2008 19:30:20   
lguan

Actually, hold on just a second on that :P. I'm not really all that sure if Trip is still with the STO at the moment. I haven't really seen him around (but I'm not that active), and he's also known as Decreation now... I think. so there's a bit of clarification needed right now. I'm going to send him a PM, and if I don't hear a reply back I'll let you know, and you probably have to find a new teacher. But if he's still available i'll let you now.

So for the time being, just wait a little tiny bit n_n. Unless you really urgently need a teacher. in which case you're welcome to switch to apply under a different teacher n_n.
AQ  Post #: 541
11/19/2008 20:19:21   
moglinslayer315

A Student:
Name:MoglinSlayer
Teacher:Tormentor
Subject:GIMP tags
Hoping to Learn: Well I am hoping to learn what you have to teach also I am no good at making effects on sigs such as lightning and fire and what not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 542
11/21/2008 19:19:55   
lguan

@moglinslayer315: Accepted, please pm your teacher to begin.

@The Mist: Decreation (Trip) hasn't replied, and it has been a few days. I didn't really see him around anyway, so I'm assuming he's inactive. You might want to chose another teacher then :).

Aaand, as you can see, Tormentor is completely full. Please make sure (Tormentor especially, since I know lots of people have been requesting him lately) all teachers notify me of any inactive students as soon as possible so spots are open for applying students.

< Message edited by lguan -- 11/21/2008 19:23:40 >
AQ  Post #: 543
11/24/2008 15:00:38   
Saerokeon

none of my students have PMed me in a while
Post #: 544
11/25/2008 17:42:09   
moglinslayer315

My teacher has not returned my PM or even tried to contact me...what should I do.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 545
11/26/2008 17:18:30   
The Illusive Man

I'm hoping to apply as a student, but It's not a typical one.

I need a crash course in C4D making. It would be just an afternoon's work to teach me the basics. Nobody has it as their actual 'teaching profession' but i'm sure some people may be able to help me.

This isn't just creating abstract renders however, I need to be able to learn the basics of proper 3D modelling. It's not an easy subject i'm sure but I desperately need to learn quickly for school work purposes.

It would just be a weekend job (this weekend) over msn or logmein or something.

Name: Althorne
Teacher: Anyone who can teach me the aforementioned stuff. Yes I know it says don't write that, but from what I have read nobody ACTIVELY does. I'm just wondering if anyone will.
Subject: Cinema 4D Modelling (NOT ABSTRACT)
Hoping to Learn: How to model things like light fittings in cinema 4D OR A similar program.

Lguan - If you want to deny my application face up because it's not following the procedure 100% (when i've explained why), then so be it and I'll look elsewhere.

-Al
Post #: 546
11/26/2008 17:30:54   
Sparker

A Student :

Name: Sparker
Teacher: Saerokeon
Subject: Gimp
Hoping to Learn: Effects, professionall-looking animations
AQ DF  Post #: 547
11/26/2008 17:56:32   
Tormenter

lguan,please dump everyone except obsidianmancer and moglinslayer.

Also,put me up as cs2 now,instead of gimp.
AQ  Post #: 548
11/26/2008 22:57:17   
moglinslayer315

cs2?
But I only have GIMP!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 549
11/27/2008 16:11:21   
lguan

@Sae: Well, I've removed them all (except Sparker, who just applied). Thanks :). I've also sent them all a pm so you dont need to worry about that.

@Althorne:
You're right - there isn't anyone who specifically has C4D as their teaching specialty. But the only teacher in the list that I know of that knows a bit about C4d is DeathKnight2, and I'm sure he'll be open to teaching you the basics if you ask him politely. I would try PM'ing him, but I can see you need to learn very soon so you'd need a pretty active teacher but unfortunately I don't know how active Dk2 is and therefor can't promise anything. So again like I said, I'd drop him a message asking if he could teach you, if you don't get a reply, you can always try other people, it doesn't necessarily have to be anyone from the STO as long as they have the time and have no problem teaching you. I haven't been too active in the Gallery, so I don't know who makes their own c4d's, or even makes c4d's these days, so I'm not quite sure who to suggest. But I'm sure if you look around you could fine somebody.

But since there isn't a specific teacher I can put you down, I can't accept this application nor deny it. Sorry if this post wasn't able to help you so much, but this seems to be beyond what the STO can help you with, seeing as there isn't a teacher available to teach you (unless you chose Dk2, but that would be outside the STO as well). Hope I was able to help you a bit, if not, sorry :( I don't know what else to offer.

@Sparker: Accepted, please PM your teacher to begin.

@Tormentor: I've dumped them all and sent them each a PM saying that they have been removed except for Ghost Rider! since he does not accept PMs. Did you remove them for being inactive or for being Gimp students? Which leads to my next question ... Are you not teaching Gimp AT ALL, and switching to CS2, or are you teaching both? Because you're allowed to teach both -_-. And that would be moglinslayer's problem, since he doesn't use CS2. I removed Gimp from your "teachings" section, but if you want me to put it back, letme know.

@Moglinslayer315: We're trying to fix that issue, stay put for a second .. ^^ (see above)

Oh.
And happy Turkey Day everyone :DDD

< Message edited by lguan -- 11/27/2008 16:13:05 >
AQ  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: The STO: Student Teacher Organization
Page 22 of 26«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition