Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Poopetry~Collab. Fiction - New: An Ode to Emily Dickenson

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Poopetry~Collab. Fiction - New: An Ode to Emily Dickenson
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2008 19:05:29   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Ah crud, Fabula beat me in the rhyme-talk. =P /me waits.
AQ  Post #: 51
12/21/2008 19:33:47   
Fleur Du Mal

Hoping that Mistermafio's still alive, sane, and has not lost his eyes, I shall now post my contest-entry to torture all of you while we wait for the results. =P

Since the decision has not been made yet, nor the other entries posted, I dunno if I should ask you to refrain from commenting until either has been done or if this does even matter =P

The working name of the poem got changed while I was writing the...thing...
A love-pooem called Wooing My Boo shall be posted in the thread shortly. =P

Enjoy...if you...can...........
(at least it should have rhymes =P)
DF  Post #: 52
12/23/2008 18:53:28   
jerenda

Oh dear. This sounds like a truly frightening contest. *shivers* Dare I try to read your poem, fabula? *shuddering*

I think I shall, but don't expect any commentary till after MM gets around to judging. Assuming I'm still capeable of commenting by then, I shall do so. =P

Oh, and I read the Ode to Emily Dickenson. It was scary. As I am a big fan of Emily Dickenson, I am disturbed. Take that as a compliment, Cow Face.

< Message edited by jerenda -- 12/23/2008 18:54:46 >

EC! EC! EC~
AQ DF  Post #: 53
12/23/2008 19:23:41   
Mistermafio

(my apologies for the bad humour in this post, its late... Very late)

Well, it took me longer then I'd hoped, I had no clue eye surgery took that long...

Anyway, I read them all, and honestly, I was horrified. I practically lost all hope for the world while reading these, these... Things good job.

Let me just start with the ones that didn't win.

spoiler:

Firefly

You are the first person in the world to manage writing a song that I officially hate more then a rihanna song.
It was truly horrible, it'd be /the/ most horrible if I hadn't seen that you actually used some pretty clever rhymes every now and then. At rare times I could even pick up a flow. Which in your case kinda took away from the crappyness.

Too bad.

Cow Face

Your poem very well described a near perfect contest entry, I got to give you credit for that. Though sadly your poem is just too good. There is too much rhyme and too much flow to effectively call this truly bad poetry.

And now, for the winner, drum roll please.

*A drum rolls past*

>.>

anyway

Fabula

I really disliked this poem, for it combines the story off Cow Face's poem, and the bad poetry of Firefly's poem to make one bad poem. While it did have rhyme a lot of that was forced, random rhymes. The story is entertaining though, especially the last sentence was quite funny...

In my opinion the best of the worst (or should that be worst of the worst?)

Anyway, congratz.

(god I hope I did this right)

< Message edited by mistermafio -- 12/24/2008 10:36:37 >
AQ  Post #: 54
12/23/2008 19:55:58   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Congratulations, Fabula! Well done, well deserved, imo. ;)

Well, since it's hardly fair if I chicken out from posting, so I did. Here's the wonderful song lyric I have for y'all. There are actually a few influences from modern music in here, though I won't go into what, exactly. However, if you know your music, you can probably guess a few. Ironically, Rhianna wasn't one of the influences. =P

Yeah, you did great, MM. Just watch out about, er... typoing the winner's name. =P
AQ  Post #: 55
12/23/2008 21:53:17   
jerenda

Well, congratulations Fabula, you deserved it. Really, your poem almost made me ill. Flight, I read yours aloud to my brother and he made me skip the chorus. When I had to repeat it at the end, he almost threw something at me. ^_^ It made me laugh a lot, especially the "I hate it when you tell me you don't love me today" line and the "Verse YesI'mEndingThisNow" ^_^

Cow Face, you need to post your poem so I can read it. *pokes Cow Face* ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 56
12/23/2008 23:59:13   
Firefly
Lore-ian

It's not "YesI'mEndingNow." It's something like "YesThisIsTheLastOneSoIWon'tTortureYouAnyLonger"

lol, I take no responsibility if you are injured by flying objects.

Yeah, I originally debated not having the fourth verse, then decided that it wouldn't fit together without it, so I split it into a fourth verse and had to repeat the chorus again, lol. Just be glad that I didn't make crappy music to go along with this. =P (And if I did, you guys won't be able to hear it so blargh).
AQ  Post #: 57
12/28/2008 16:01:13   
Fleur Du Mal

Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

*is freaking shocked*

Well, it seems like I know some bad poetry =P

Thank you, Mistermafio, for judging, and giving such elaborate reasonings for the result. I hope the surgery worked out for you and some other site/book/thread has returned your hope to the world =P
(but trust me, you're better off without it, reading pooems on this thread should've proven you it's only a fool's hope =P)

Now I hope that Cow Face would post his poem soon so that I can read that too.

@Jerenda: /almost/ ill, eh? I need to try harder...=P
Thanks for the congratz!

@Firefly: I'm afraid that if any of those platitude-pop-producers see that lyric they'll put someone to sing it.... It's so catchy =P
And after we've 'enjoyed' it as the next summer's new hit, some opera singer shall record his/her own version of it and put some falsetto to those 'My looooooooove!'-parts =P
*rethinks what I just wrote*
*dies of horror*

teh
World
shall
reset
(Maybe tomorrow?)=P

...end...of...post...
DF  Post #: 58
12/29/2008 18:20:07   
Firefly
Lore-ian

No, pop singers won't touch that poem. It's about "fantasy and science fiction and planning" which isn't suited for them. =P

Lawl, an opera singer /so/ should do that, just to show how crappy lyrics are without the beat.

It's ironic you mentioned falsetto, due to the nature of one of the singers that inspired this...
AQ  Post #: 59
1/1/2009 13:22:25   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Congratulations, Fabula! Your poem was perfectly terrible!

I'm sorry that I didn't post mine sooner than just now, I was away on Winter Break. In fact, I still am. Go figure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
1/1/2009 13:38:30   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Since you didn't have a title for the poem, and because Versy already had one called "untitled" I called it "untitled love poem" on the index. I hope this is fine with you. If you'd like to give it a title, I can change the index accordingly.

As everyone can tell from the title of the thread, it looks like all the horrid love poem entries are up. ;)
AQ  Post #: 61
1/1/2009 15:30:11   
Fleur Du Mal

Thanks, Cow Face!

Read yours just now and...
OMG! A closet shrine! That's just...too...good =P
Maybe making that offering could be further enhanced by singing 'My looooooooove!' =P

Also, gotta love how you rhyme-paired 'work' with 'jerk'

lolz!
DF  Post #: 62
1/6/2009 15:07:48   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Thank you very much! ...Oh, no. I forgot to put a name... I really shouldn't post when I am rushed for time. Sorry about that, it was called "Stalker's Lament".

Now it seems that all I must do is work to make my poems more terrible still. This shouldn't be too difficult, I seem to be full of bad ideas! Like posting when rushed for time! :D

< Message edited by Cow Face -- 1/6/2009 15:08:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 63
1/6/2009 16:52:19   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Rawr, fixed up the index. Be bad all your want, CF, but remember the title next time just to save me some trouble. =P Pwease? Pwease? *puppy dog eyes*
AQ  Post #: 64
1/7/2009 13:51:46   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Of course, I will, Firefly! I'll do so right now, for a truly sickening poem I wrote on a whim... I would be ashamed of it, but I wrote it to be bad and cheesy. I give you all: Being A Dragon!

In fact, to be extra-nice to you, Firefly, I'll go ahead and give you the code, to save you a tad bit of time. This is like a second apology, XD.
[url=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=15338950]Being A Dragon[/url]
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
1/8/2009 17:55:47   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Nah, don't worry, CF, I was just joking in the above post. =P

Index updated.

Lol, you have the best rhymes here! And I know what rhymes with orange! Borange, I mean, boring. =P
AQ  Post #: 66
1/8/2009 18:20:33   
Fleur Du Mal

grange?

Lolz, now you got me thinking up all words that'll rhyme with 'like'...
Like, 'take a hike' =P

And why do I think of Mushu, going "I am a dragon... a dra-gon." when I read that... =P
(ya know, the small red dragon from the animated Disney-movie Mulan, voiced by Eddie Murphy)
DF  Post #: 67
3/8/2009 16:54:00   
Fleur Du Mal

OK... It felt like...Oh. There are no words to describe the Horrible feeling I got when I betrayed one of my favourite forms of poetry. Haiku. It's now for ever tainted. Murdered.
In short, I posted some Horrible Haikus in the poopetry thread.

Forgive me. =P
(I can't say enjoy.....)
DF  Post #: 68
3/8/2009 17:05:03   
Firefly
Lore-ian

lol, the second haiku actually wasn't that bad... if only you didn't add a "Water!" at the end to satisfy the syllable count...

Index updated.
AQ  Post #: 69
3/8/2009 17:16:00   
Fleur Du Mal

Well, it only takes so much to wet down a haiku... =P

Anyways, I think it started with a platitude and only got worse. =P Such a start would need a much better ending to make it less like such a cliche. This is just my corrupted opinion that has been seriously affected by writing that stuff...
DF  Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Poopetry~Collab. Fiction - New: An Ode to Emily Dickenson
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition