Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2008= Spike and Fountain OOCs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2008= Spike and Fountain OOCs
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2008 17:03:59   
TormentedDragon

Yes. It is browser based. Firefox has a built-in spellcheck.

Also, some pain will be dished out. I will, however, wait on Rational's post.

Also, because it was late when I posted, I forgot to mention that Selah's arrival at the gargoyle would not necessarily have been before it struck out at Rattigan. Whether this will make a difference NOW, I have no idea. But I never intended for her prevent its assault upon his person.

edit: post has been edited to accommodate new information.

edit2: the upcoming post from Rational has been discussed between us and insofar as it concerns my character I have given my blessing.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/20/2008 18:24:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
7/20/2008 18:18:24   
Geddesmck

Posted. I'm not sure how bad that wound would be in real life, but for now it's not physically stopping him doing anything, just making lots of things painful. He's probably going to make it worse unless he gets a few moments to have a look at it though.

EDIT:

I edited my post ever so slightly. No major events are changed, just elaborated a few minor details for future reference. To clarify, the spike cut into the left of Jon's hip. It wasn't too deep, but enough to cause some mighty pain and bleeding.

If you want further information N3344 PM me or get in cotact with me another way.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/20/2008 20:36:48 >
AQ DF  Post #: 52
7/20/2008 22:16:12   
Nightly

Getting ready to post. For all those who think Nightly is gone, think again.

Posted. If you ignore the tornado I shall thwak you. You don't need to do anything about it just say something bout the tornado.

Also, I sent a tendril through every battle except TD and Rational since they are on eachother. I didn't hit anyone, so don't say I bunnied and whatnot. Ill change it if I have to

< Message edited by Nightly -- 7/20/2008 22:50:32 >
Post #: 53
7/20/2008 22:51:54   
Geddesmck

There is no ceiling Nightly. And TD is on the creature Rational summoned, not Rational himself.

EDIT:

Also, Selah doesn't have your blood. Only the water from it. She left everything else behind.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 7/20/2008 22:59:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 54
7/20/2008 23:08:03   
The Dragon Knight

Actually, Gedd, the Spike arena is covered by an invisible dome barrier, so technically there IS a ceiling.
AQ  Post #: 55
7/21/2008 0:36:49   
TormentedDragon

It is NOT, however, visible. Hence TDK calling it invisible.

Insofar as blood goes: as Gedd said, all Selah takes from blood (or any other bodily fluid) is the water from it. She is more than able to separate water from whatever impurities it might contain (and yes, to her, everything but water is an impurity). Thus, what she has is no longer blood, and cannot be affected by magic relating to blood. Magical ties to said blood would not follow her. Surprises hidden inside blood wouldn't come with it, because she would filter it right out along with other impurities.

Water that she comes into contact with and takes for herself becomes part of her essence. If its part of her, she has FAR more control over it than anybody else, even another water manipulator. If you aren't a water user, you have pretty much exactly zero chance of directly controlling it any way, shape, or form, even if it WAS originally part of you. So if you're planning something that has to do with what is, in every sense of the word, HERS... you'd best check with me first to make sure it would work.

And yes, Rational had permission from me to have those arrows fly through her, as I mentioned earlier.

And one MORE thing. The rainbow display of color pretty much covers everybody and everything in the arena (except for Guts). Notice it if you want to... or don't.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/21/2008 1:03:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
7/21/2008 11:04:35   
DWeird

Edited my last post to make sense in regards to a xaxtoo's post. >.>

Sounds like poor form, but there are reasons. Ineptitude of the unspeedinousuflous sort at xax's part, mostly.

The gnome is now going up the mountain instead of down. Still at the... Kard guy. .Discipline notified.
Post #: 57
7/21/2008 12:22:26   
The Dragon Knight

Good lord, Memphis! You couldn't wait for TD to POST a reaction to your attack?I know that this arena is moving forward incredibly quickly, but bloody 'ell, mate! It's not a video game; those arrows will remain where they are until you post otherwise, so you could have waited. Eh, oh well. What's done is done.

So, let me see if I can summarize the recent turn of events that I'll need to include in my next post: a mosaic of colorful lights filling the arena, the cessation of that god-awful noise from the audio devices, and a massive tornado filling up most of the arena. Hmm. ~sigh~ I suppose that mine and damsel's close proximity to the central pillar will mean we're the closest to the tornado itself, huh? Well, I'll see what damsel says, and we'll try to work it in. Mind you, we can always just ignore the tornado all together, I suppose....
AQ  Post #: 58
7/21/2008 12:29:24   
Lord Memphis

Well, I s'pose it was rather unwise of me to do so. The thought in my head at the time was "Ah, damnit. They've been talking. Arrows. Death. Destruction."

Then I assumed, perhaps foolishly, that TD's control over water extends beyond mere manipulation, as they stated. For some reason I connected this to such an extent as to link with my past reaction.

In other words, my tired mind made me think they'd somehow transcended molecular mechanics. Silly, silly me.

Though you could consider it a glimpse into the hypocritical personality Rattigan's developed through the years. After all, he mentions audacity at moving to a different foe before the current one's done with, while he does the same thing.

< Message edited by Lord Memphis -- 7/21/2008 12:35:02 >
Post #: 59
7/21/2008 12:34:10   
Guardian of Nekops

So where are you placing your trap, again? Is it between the Giant and my Roch, or somewhere else?
AQ  Post #: 60
7/21/2008 12:37:18   
Lord Memphis

The oil firetrap's positioned a few feet behind Rational's character as he stands right now. Spans in an circular arc that's not quite a semicircle but close to being one.
Post #: 61
7/21/2008 12:39:55   
Guardian of Nekops

So I'll be running right into it and it won't touch him due to it's placement... awesome :-P
AQ  Post #: 62
7/21/2008 12:46:46   
The Dragon Knight

If you're lucky, though, maybe Roch will connect, knock the giant off balance and into the firestorm that awaits, since his back SHOULD be towards it. Mind you, his "light vision" with the 360 degree, see everything in the arena ability may see Rattigan setting the trap. I hate to say this, GoN, but Roch may be in a spot of trouble right now.
AQ  Post #: 63
7/21/2008 13:16:10   
Guardian of Nekops

Yes, that strikes me as a distinct possibility. :-P

However, Roch is far from defenseless, and he'll do alright... don't you worry. ^_^
AQ  Post #: 64
7/21/2008 15:03:05   
TormentedDragon

Yosh.

As a side note, Memphis, I WAS going to have the Rubidium explode. But then you posted, and your post had no such explosion. So that couldn't happen.

And yes, she spit everything at you. She has a history with chemistry. A history that is the opposite of pleasant. So she hates you now.

ALSO! That scream? EVERYONE in Spike hears it (even Nightly). It sounds like someone screamed as loud as they could in your ear (or whatever it is you use to hear). Lasts for about three seconds. Then cuts off entirely.

edit: IC post edit is merely to put in a word that should have been there but got skipped. Nothing substantive has changed.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/21/2008 16:02:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
7/21/2008 16:40:50   
The Extinguisher

Post. More of Michael's powers revealed.

The shifting thing is all him. He can change his body shape and rearrange his mass. It's not complete shape shifting, because anything other than creating/dispelling the wings or the sword takes enormous power and concentration, and to do his whole body would destroy him from the inside.

The shadow thing is what that goo was. It's just in the sword for now, but will spread through his whole body soon enough. Seyrinth would have felt something pass through, but it would simply be uncomfortable.

For the record, I have no clue how I'm gonna fight now. I just really wanted to use this shadow power :D
Post #: 66
7/21/2008 16:40:50   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

This is a general notification that entrants ought to get off their lazy bums and post if they have not. I am currently reviewing posts for any Purge worthy offenses, and contacting those RPers in the instance that an explanation may yet satisfy to prevent their purging.

Inactivity purges WILL occur as of the next sweep. This WILL include players who have not yet posted at all. This purge sweep may occur as shortly as three days after this one. You are warned.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/21/2008 16:43:07 >
AQ  Post #: 67
7/21/2008 17:04:51   
Nightly

TD, I hear all. Remember, silent tornado.

Well the tornado ends on my next post so...
Post #: 68
7/21/2008 17:40:13   
The Dragon Knight

Considering that a tornado of the intensity that you say it is would be sucking in all of the air in the surrounding area in order to fuel itself, you're absolutely off your rocker if you think it's "silent." The rushing of air past the competitors' eardrums, alone, would be loud, not to mention the fact that your tornado probably has all manner of bits and pieces stuck in it now, what with N3344 little performance with the earth spike, various spent knives laying around, and other items crashing about against the spikes of the arena.

So, unless you have a control over the wild nature of air that rivals that of the Wind lord himself, and can keep something THAT big completely isolated, then you've got a lot more sound coming from it than you realize, Nightly.
AQ  Post #: 69
7/21/2008 17:42:01   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

PMs have been sent. That is all I shall say on the matter until a public action becomes warranted.

Those who did not receive a PM are in the clear, for now.

That is all.
AQ  Post #: 70
7/21/2008 18:00:39   
Nightly

TDK it may not matter now....

Fixing my Mishaps now:

For the character TD killed. It was an illusion of the physical and seeing state. However Ronin said it. To create the illusion, my real character has to lose blood, a lot of it. Subsequently making him incrediably weak. Hence the tornado. There is blood in the illusion of my creature and there is blood dripping from the wound in the real Nightly. That however, is the rest of his blood. He has no more internal fluids. He is a living husk, one with power however. The blood from his wound is before TD attacked. By the time he did attack the only blood is from the illusion. Nightly currently is dessicated really thin and no fluids. Hence the fact, the illusion was bleeding and how the tornado was red. Now back to my character, think of the wind mummies in the game. Just put my character in that spot without all the rags and stuff. But don't think I'm weaker. For the tornado, the reason its silent is because of the cacophony (your welcome Gedd) of sounds. Once I ended those sounds then the noise from the tornado will come back.

TD, I'm going to help you out next post so kill me after that :P

Feel free to ask any questions

< Message edited by Nightly -- 7/21/2008 19:34:00 >
Post #: 71
7/21/2008 18:41:11   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

A ruling was made. Provided conditions are upheld, there will be no purgings tonight.
AQ  Post #: 72
7/21/2008 21:59:12   
Nightly

Well I beleive my post may stur some events in the future :P Most likely, something odd.
Post #: 73
7/21/2008 22:04:40   
The Dragon Knight

. . . Right. Ok, I have NO idea what the heck you just said here, Nightly. What it SOUNDS like, is that you're using a similar technique to the one the Ice champion used two years ago, giving all of your blood to a construct and having it fight for you. What you may actually be doing, however, is beyond me.
AQ  Post #: 74
7/21/2008 22:15:06   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

From what *I* can tell, he's referring to his illusory construct, having given his blood to it in the past tense. I.e. before TD's Selah went and cannibalized all that nice blood for its water.
AQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2008= Spike and Fountain OOCs
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition