Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Worth His Weight In Words - Conversations Regarding The Aforementioned Title

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Worth His Weight In Words - Conversations Regarding The Aforementioned Title
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2008 21:24:58   
.::oDrew

A profound thanks for your comments, Cow Face; I always love hearing that other people are able to understand the concepts and so forth behind my poems, and you've nailed it on each of them. With that being said, you also raise some points I hadn't considered before, and I thank you doubly for that. :P
Post #: 51
1/10/2009 22:52:51   
.Silence

I just wanted to say that I really haven't found a poet on this forum whose poems completely captured my attention like yours. I haven't sat there and read a whole thread in a long time. Bravo!
AQ  Post #: 52
1/15/2009 14:15:14   

Flattered to hear that coming from a poet of your stature.

Also, my apologies to all for being so slow with the new material. I can assure you that there are a number of ideas bouncing around my cranium, it's just a matter of putting them to paper.
Post #: 53
1/21/2009 15:07:53   

Just posted a new poem. Ironically, it has been exactly two months to the day (and nearly down to the hour!) since I posted the last one. Oy. :S

< Message edited by .::oDrew -- 1/21/2009 15:08:52 >
Post #: 54
1/21/2009 15:12:28   
Chaddledee

quote:

songbird perched its hollow, weightless body outside my window this morning,
its naively cheerful song, fanfaring Sol's arrival, effortlessly floated Not sure about the capital on Sol. Even though it is a name, there are no other capitals
above the fog.
the avian minstrel's melody was light, airy, wispy -
the cold, tired hands of the world's convulsions could not ensnare it,
vigorously, yet feebly, they reached to trap its harmonic joy
within their grasp, to drown it in the smog.

yet like an angel soaring skyward into the heavens
did his chirps and whistles fly;
a minuscule messenger of hope
on my windowsill.

I really like this poem, it flows very well. I don't see anything wrong in it that isn't intentional. Very good!
MQ  Post #: 55
1/21/2009 15:20:13   

Oh, good catch, thanks. I think I meant to take that out and then never did. >___<
Post #: 56
1/24/2009 3:55:14   

Nnnnnew poem.
Post #: 57
2/4/2009 14:55:28   

New poem.

Yup.
Post #: 58
2/12/2009 2:22:25   

Another new poem.
Post #: 59
3/2/2009 18:03:46   

Yet another new poem.
Post #: 60
3/11/2009 13:58:59   

EXCITING NEWS!!!:

new poem

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/5/2010 21:46:10 >
Post #: 61
3/24/2009 14:27:54   
Helixi

I absolutely love this collection Drew. :D

< Message edited by Helixi -- 1/8/2012 10:52:40 >
AQ DF  Post #: 62
3/24/2009 16:07:33   

I guess being nominated for Poet of the Month a couple times has helped in the popularity department, though obviously that has dwindled a bit lately. The popularity, that is.
Post #: 63
3/30/2009 18:59:45   

Just took care of a wonderful problem to have - I had a bunch of finished poetry that I hadn't posted here yet.

But now I have, so you should read them.
Post #: 64
12/20/2009 20:07:22   
Hay

Hello. I haven't read all of your works here yet but I must say, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I read so far. Usually, for some texts, I pride myself on my ability to "skim read" but I can't do that for yours -- I have to read it carefully because it has fully captured my attention :P Good work!

Also, very surprising how "An Announcement" could sum up so much in two lines and have me thinking about it afterward. Small, concise, but potent as well ;)
Post #: 65
4/11/2010 0:34:30   
Koi

It's rather odd; I don't usually find myself attracted to free-verse poetry. Not that I dislike it or anything, but my brain just usually finds it more engaging when I read things in rhyme. It is, however, different with your poetry. "Oh sweet lunacy" is probably one of the best free-verse poems I've read. Not only does it have a nice crescendo as you approach the end of the poem, you can almost HEAR the gears in this person's head skipping and grinding as he loses touch with his sanity. I say to you sir, bravo.
AQ MQ  Post #: 66
5/18/2010 0:36:40   

if anyone's still paying attention, there are a number of new poems up for you to flex your critical muscles with.
Post #: 67
6/5/2010 22:39:11   

New poem today, just in time for summer. :D

oh, by the way, this poem represents a small landmark: page 2 of my poetry thread!

I wonder what my "poems per week" average must be...0.000041? :S

< Message edited by .::oDrew -- 6/5/2010 22:46:44 >
Post #: 68
12/21/2011 11:54:12   
A Dreamer

Just read all of it... It was really capturing, i must admit. We're doing the poetry unit in my class, andd after winter break we're got to select a poem to recite, I'm doing "A Life Twice Lost". Bravo, good sir, bravo.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 69
1/26/2012 3:55:18   

Thank you!
Post #: 70
5/2/2013 23:11:47   
Aurauris

I don't think I can say "wow" emphatically enough or as many times as I would like (which would far exceed the life-expectancy of these lungs and lips alike) for your thread, which seems to reach out and echo with a sound so eerily harmonic to my own style of poetry.

My deepest apologies if it seems an insult or displeasing thought for some reason, but I feel a kinship in (what seems to me) the near-parallel not only between some of the topics and emotions you've touched on and my own, but also the very way that you write in careful phrases, fluctuating between long breaths and short sighs of thought.

Rosebuds, about to bloom is without a doubt my favorite of your works, which all capture my delight and kept me unable to lift my eyes from the screen until I had sipped of every last word. I would gladly, gladly give more in-depth thoughts on your work, but it's rather late and I'm a bit blown away at the moment after discovering your verses. Magnificent, a thousand times magnificent and most assuredly surpassing the worth of this humble poet, Drew. *Curtsies deeply in respect with a bright smile*
DF AQW  Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Worth His Weight In Words - Conversations Regarding The Aforementioned Title
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition