Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Memories of a Better Time Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Memories of a Better Time Comments
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/7/2008 15:59:53   
The Extinguisher

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14727279

A small short story. Very short. Wrote if for English Class.
Hope you enjoy it.
Post #: 1
9/14/2008 23:58:00   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Ah, something short. ;) I really enjoyed reading that. I loved how you portrayed how he could pick out all the little details but didn't manage to remember the things that matter. It's a very strong feeling you give up. Good job. ^_^

I did catch a few typos and I do have a few suggestions. I hope they are helpful.

quote:

I remember you getting so angry at me for it.

Imo, "so angry" is a little weak. Perhaps take out the "so" or simply change the two words to a single, more powerful word (eg. "furious with" as opposed to "so angry at").

quote:

I could pick out every single think you've worn on every date we've ever had

"thing"

quote:

but I couldn't even tell you your mother's name.

Hmm, the way you're phrasing it is, imo, a wee bit awkward. How about a simple "But I couldn't even recall your mother's name" or something?

quote:

It's messed up, isn't it.

Since "isn't it" marks it as a rhetorical question, perhaps a question mark at the end?

quote:

My brain going crazy to keep me say.

"sane"?

quote:

It's always so clear. I can feel them in front of me always, being held by awkward teenage hands.

I don't really like the repetition... Perhaps change the second one to "forevermore" or take it out entirely.
AQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Memories of a Better Time Comments
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition