Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =PROSE= Why do people hate Twilight that much?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =PROSE= Why do people hate Twilight that much?
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2009 4:01:00   
Darkice

twlight omg my favorite Book EVER ^_^

AQ DF  Post #: 101
9/25/2009 6:49:04   
Xirminator

quote:

i didnt much like this book just for the writing style,its not my style(pun very much intended)
and no offense to any of the fans its purly their opinion not mine

I didn't like the style much either. Too much unnecessary details.
AQ DF  Post #: 102
10/11/2009 21:53:49   
Peaches

The only book in the Twilight series I liked was Breaking Dawn. As much as I hate to admit it, the others suck.
AQ DF  Post #: 103
10/24/2009 19:19:23   
Shadowlord9k

1 I don't know I liked twilight I don't know why so many people hate it

as for the second question i did not understand a word of it so i cant answer that paladin

Remember that time that everyone hated me?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
1/16/2010 0:21:23   
SirHarpy

Erm...Because it's a fourth grade reading level? I don't really know why, but I just hate that series. Oh, and I spent 50 dollars buying all the books because everyone at my school liked it. Yeah, waste of time and money. So long and a Merry Mehehehe!
AQ  Post #: 105
3/21/2010 9:51:19   
The Braken Bard

quote:

I'll bet all my savings that more Chinese people know those people you mentioned as opposed to knowing Twilight.

I'm not Chinese, but most of my siblings know about Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi, Cao Cao etc. though it's through video games (there was a game called "Dynasty Warriors" and it was about the Three Kingdoms Era in China).
On-topic: I'm just not approving of the concept of Vampires in this. I know people are allowed their own views of vampires etc. but seriously? Sparkling vampires? They practically made vampires invincible. Annoys me a lot. Never read it, and never will.
AQ MQ  Post #: 106
3/21/2010 23:49:19   
alexmacf

quote:

1 I don't know I liked twilight I don't know why so many people hate it
In part, because it was so popular. Also, in part, because it's a murder of vampires. Also, in part, because it's purple prose written in first-person (considered a weak option in literary circles) at a fourth-grade reading level.
quote:

as for the second question i did not understand a word of it so i cant answer that paladin
What he said was mostly "Why do stories aimed at teenagers always have such strong fanbases and anti-fanbases?"
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 107
3/26/2010 0:19:41   
Argeus the Paladin

LOL at necroposts.

But seriously, this topic has gone on for long enough. My verdict is that Twilight is of the mediocre kind - nothing special, but nothing too bad, depending on who you are. Nothing worth being crazy for or against.

Whether or not this topic should remain open, I ask for your counsel, Eukara Vox.
DF  Post #: 108
3/28/2010 17:40:55   
TheDanishGuy

Oh, I only pick on it because I heard that Edward sparkles.
What kind of Vampire does that?

If you know about Tropes or Memes, then I welcome you to our side.
Here, have a Cookie.
DF  Post #: 109
3/29/2010 0:52:15   
alexmacf

Twipires, apparently?
At least she has a semi-okay explanation for it. Some of the stuff from folklore is downright silly, like being allergic to garlic. I'm the only one who can call me a vampire, thanks. (Explanation: I'm very pale and allergic to garlic.)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
4/5/2010 16:56:41   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

quote:

Twipires, apparently?
At least she has a semi-okay explanation for it. Some of the stuff from folklore is downright silly, like being allergic to garlic. I'm the only one who can call me a vampire, thanks. (Explanation: I'm very pale and allergic to garlic.)

Then according to twilight you should sparkle; and to other vampire books, you should be staked. Either way there seems you can't win Alex.

Otherwise I have to agree with Argeus on the subject.
Post #: 111
4/5/2010 21:44:49   
alexmacf

I prefer sparkling. It's not too hard to get hold of glitter, and it's hard to survive being staked. xD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
4/5/2010 22:02:32   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

Aye. It could complicate a few things, couldn't it?
Post #: 113
4/6/2010 8:53:05   
Dabbleh

The reason why I hate the film is that people (girls?) like the film just because of the good looking actors. I admit, some people like it for the storyline, but the majority 'like' the film because of looks.
AQ  Post #: 114
4/7/2010 1:24:01   
alexmacf

I 'like' the film because Toronto is BEAUTIFUL.

Edited for word choice.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/7/2010 10:05:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
4/7/2010 2:41:01   
Strebor

Alex! OMG! You use TVTropes as well? It is my favourite information site!

ON Topic: (Kind of) I've only seen the second movie, and it wasn't good. Even Ghost Rider kicked its but. In terms of storyline, plot and SFX. (And name. Ghost Rider versus 'New Moon') The only good bit in New Moon was when my (male) friend got dared FIVE MALTESERS to call out the following, during the scene where Jacob takes his shirt off:

"Jacob, you're such a fox!". Everyone turned around and glared at my group. It was funny.
Post #: 116
4/20/2010 22:00:02   
Goldstein

Mostly because Meyer stood over poor Stoker's grave, spat on it, danced on it, then threw some glitter and torn muscle shirts on it. Ugh. By totally breaking away from conventional vampire-lore, she should have created a new breed of mythical creature. It's like someone putting wings on a Prius, then painted it with sparkly glitter, then said, "Hey, like my BMW?" No, that's a sparkly Prius, not a BMW!

"Allo comrade, why don't you give me a click on the ol' noggin and enjoy a nice little tale of action and sorrow and comedy? Cheerio!"
Post #: 117
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =PROSE= Why do people hate Twilight that much?
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition