Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 15 of 26«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2009 12:14:32   
Feanor

quote:

My concern is when all the resources are used let's say during a war, you STILL have to wait for your resources to recharge. Then people might be insisting Captain give us yet another one. No matter how many Storage Buildings we have or get, will it ever be enough? Just my two cents...

Well, when storage = (rate of resource generation) * (time between wars), then it'll be enough. It's not like we are unaware when we're full up and resources just waste once hitting the storage limit.

If you assume the resource generating plots used and the possible draining buildings (Guard tower...) you can tell how much storage you need for 3 weeks between wars.

It depends on how long the time is between wars, after all. I'm not quite sure about that, but it seems to be longer than the days of random dragon wars that popped up every other week or so.

------
Hmm. Per hour:

• Vegetable Garden: 10
  • Woodcutter Shack: 10
  • Stone Pit: 10
  • Mana Collector: 10
  • Fishing Pond: 10
  • Graveyard: 21
  • Dark Mana Collector: 25
  • Guard Tower (lvl 15): -16

I don't use a level 15 tower, but whatever: That works out to be ... 80 per hour.

3 weeks is 21 days, 504 hours. In total, that would mean 40320 resources, or 10080 storage. Since you do get attacked and don't gain resources from that building for a while, 10K is probably more than enough. Obviously if you have a maxed out museum (^__^) then you might not need so much storage.

Lemem see, I have a level 11 tower, so it's -8 instead of -16. So that's 88 an hour. Or 11088 storage. When was the last war, I can't remember...

< Message edited by Feanor -- 9/2/2009 12:36:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 351
9/2/2009 17:40:47   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

Sounds like a great idea Captain Rhubarb!
Making the guards more effective is excellent but will they slay more monsters in a war as well or just when you defend your estate?
Is the training cost going to be paid with gold or z-tokens?
More slots is always positive to me and I can't wait for this update!
Post #: 352
9/4/2009 9:56:04   
Fisto

Here's something to ponder regarding your idea Captain w/ our guards. Maybe since we can train them making them more effective that possibly the amount of resources needed to send in our guards could possibly cost less?

Just a thought...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 353
9/4/2009 12:08:08   
FiendBane

Interesting indeed. So if i let my guards use Soul Leech will they just die?
If the guards are boosted according to the weapons' levels given to them it'll be good.
HMM. How about we being able to lend our weapons to the Portal army and boost their attack power? would that be too much to code?
AQ DF  Post #: 354
9/5/2009 5:35:42   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

Captain Rhubarb, Sir
here is a Neat un-orginal Idea

say for 5,000 tokens placing the dragonblade Stone on one plot of your land
then charging 500 tokens each time it is pulled?
that would aslo increase people doing random house visits as well
as another place to find the dragonblade an the token charge would bypass the dragonblade quest
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 355
9/5/2009 20:33:24   
Noirin

I do miss finding the DB in RA. It was one of my favorite guardian perks. Just don't miss it enough to spend hours intentionally questing on the possibility that I might get lucky and actually get it.

So...really wouldn't mind paying a few thou (maybe 3) to have it on the estate and up to 500 to use it once in a while. That would be fun.

Just not 5k fun. I don't miss it quite that much.
Post #: 356
9/5/2009 20:55:22   
Chipmunkking

500z-tokens per pull, well great, game just froze well that's 500 tokens down the drain, honestly you'd have to be rich, crazy, or someone who makes some bad choices, to pay 5000+500*(number of pulls) in tokens.

< Message edited by Chipmunkking -- 9/5/2009 20:58:21 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 357
9/5/2009 21:02:06   
Lord Sauron

I agree thats really a bad idea. I won't waste an estate plot for it if it comes out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 358
9/5/2009 22:39:11   
Noirin

Good point, Chipmunkking. All it would take is a game freeze or connectivity drop and 500z goes down the tubes. That it's just a regular temp weapon is already one of the drawbacks of investing what can be a lot time just to get it now.

Maybe...if the Capt is interested in the idea...he might find a way to use the same timing feature that's used in the building upgrades...so it would be "rented" for a set period of time. Maybe 24 hours.

I can't see it as a cheap rental, though. If it's too cheap, people will abuse it and, realistically, it wouldn't have any possibility of generating token sales. I think it would need to be expensive enough (although not outrageously) to keep it from being abused and make the time and effort needed to create it worthwhile for AE.
Post #: 359
9/5/2009 22:45:02   
OnuaNuva

On a funny side: I just found out what happens when you send a wave when you only need a few more xp points to level up.

You don't level up. According to AQstats, I need negative 831 points to level up. Its rather neat.

Anyways, If it is decided that a Dragon Blade would be a good thing to get for tokens, then it will just show up in the token weapon shop someday.

Well, you could always go for the 'Mega dragon blade'... hehehe
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 360
9/5/2009 22:52:56   
Lord Sauron

maybe something in the museum will let us get the dragon blade as a temp as well as maybe we'll be able to add other weps as temp weps.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 361
9/8/2009 21:47:30   
Malil

Here's an idea. Let's make it so that you can send your armies into Paxia...

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyways, on a serious note, I had a couple questions about the GT/equip scenario. First, level restrictions would apply to your guards in terms of weaponry, right? I don't like the whole idea of low level gold Guards being given, say, a Golden set. Also, if this was implemented, could we select which twelve guards to equip (and therefore which twelve guard the house.) Could be fun for theme houses (All dragons, anyone?).
AQ MQ  Post #: 362
9/9/2009 8:54:31   
My Pain

Just came up with an idea and thought I'd write it down before I forget.

It would be cool to allocate roles to guards.

eg. Bishop Finch : War Fighter
Drakel Bouncer : House Guard
Nerfkitten Scion : Resource Collector

Log of roles:

War Fighter = Passively fights a war if there is one at the time, effect = Gives the user a small amount of exp and gold every couple of hours.
House Guard = Tries to prevent other users from entering your house and also makes monster attacks on buildings less likely.
Resource Collector = Gives bonus resources every couple of hours.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 363
9/9/2009 8:58:34   
SIGMUND

The ideas are nice, but I expect that the coding required to keep track of those roles would be horrendous.
AQ  Post #: 364
9/9/2009 9:10:17   
My Pain

Shame. It could be expanded endlessly with more roles.

Just for examples:

Watchman = Attempts to fight off an invading monster on a resource building.
Miner = Collects stone
Thief = Steals resources from a player at random every hour. And there could be an in-game-estate-newsletter exclusive to the player reading with messages such as. "Your food storage was pillaged by SIGMUND's thief guard, he stole 50 food!"
Technician = Reduces resource maintenance on buildings.
Architect = Reduces time taken to upgrade buildings.
Researcher = Unlocks options to create (unlock) new temporary items such as level scaling tiger mount armor or semi-powerful weapons.
Blacksmith = Creates successfully researched temporary weapons and armors.
Creature Tamer = Creates successfully researched creature related armors. Such as the level scaling tiger mount.

< Message edited by My Pain -- 9/9/2009 9:28:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 365
9/9/2009 12:58:34   
Fisto

>>Although it was probably meant to be the poor mans MWP
Unless you have a bunch of Guards like myself.

Guards are far too costly to use, my Guards attack power is 2375 and costs the following resources;
1896-Food
474-Stone
474-Wood
However the randomness isn't worth the cost of resources.

It just seems more economical to use the MWP over sending your Guards in. What I do hope is when Captain implements Guard training it would lower the amount of resources needed to send them into wars.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 366
9/11/2009 2:29:10   
Bu Kek Siansu

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=7403148
quote:

Question: How often will enemies try to attack my estate buildings?
Answer: Attacks can happen several times each day, at 5:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM.

Thanks to Mysterious Strangeface for the new attack times.

The attack times(100% sure): Three times a day, at 2:00 AM, 11:00 AM and 8:00 PM.

Thanks to Mysterious Strangeface and etching for the new attack times.
Post #: 367
9/14/2009 18:46:53   
SIGMUND

I would lower your Reputations to 8 on both worlds then use half armies to do maximum kills.

As a side note, only 48 hours until I have both storage buildings at level 12.

Note to Captain Rhubarb. Why.....?
AQ  Post #: 368
9/14/2009 19:46:20   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

@Sigmund

Lower reputation makes your army more effective, why?
Is there some formula I don't know of?

I am still confused when it comes to the huge difference between sending guards or armies to war, one would think that the more z-tokens spent the more efficient your estate would become, because guards costs way more in total than Mega World Portal and one painting to either Kairula or Trescol.

I hope this will change someday.
Post #: 369
9/14/2009 20:45:35   
etching
The Spongy One

>Lower reputation makes your army more effective, why?

40 cracks at the MWP (level 10, 1000 Power, half-armies) on my lvl 93 secondary
yielded an average per send: 11 kills/758 gold/2209 XP

15 cracks at Rep 8 (half armies) yielded on average: 6.2 kills/370 gold/1078 XP
But Rep 8 (half armies) cost is 110/40, so Rep 11 is 2.5x that (275/100 half armies)

Multiply the Rep 8 avg by 2.5 and you get 15.5 kills/925 gold/2695 XP for the same resources spent.
So for the small sample I did, it does appear to be more efficient to use Rep 8 than Rep 11,
which shouldn't be the case...(Note you can't send half-armies at Rep 7, so no use for Rep 7)

< Message edited by etching -- 10/5/2009 3:31:36 >
AQ  Post #: 370
9/15/2009 4:37:14   
SIGMUND

Thanks for doing a small analysis Etching. I did mine during the pirate vs ninja war and the one following it.
With 100 battles using each army size the result was always better using the smallest army.

The only logical reason would be that guerilla tactics against large enemies are often very successful.

Alternatively you could view the small army as special forces like the SAS, SBS, Commandoes, Navy Seals, Rangers, or Green Berets.

Using completely unmathmatical language I'll try to explain.
It is due to the smaller range of possible results which happens many times and gives a more stable average for smaller armies.
Although over a long period of time the large armies should generate a similar average, They do not do so during the war because you can't send Large armies enough times to generate the stable average.

One way to overcome this would be to calculate everything as normal using the battle equation and then add about +10 to the Kills generated by the largest army?

Or maybe the Captain intended this to be the way things work and it is all part of the game to work out the best strategy for ourselves?

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 9/15/2009 5:52:42 >
AQ  Post #: 371
9/16/2009 2:52:06   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

quote:

ORIGINAL: SIGMUND
Using completely unmathmatical language I'll try to explain.
It is due to the smaller range of possible results which happens many times and gives a more stable average for smaller armies.
Although over a long period of time the large armies should generate a similar average, They do not do so during the war because you can't send Large armies enough times to generate the stable average.

That is a very logical conclusion as to how it works.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 372
9/16/2009 20:31:52   
afterlifex
Legend-X

I just wanted to put some numbers i got from my MWP.

Kairula: rep,11: half armies 125 food, 250 energy

13 sends average kills 11, avg gold 938, avg exp 2736. Range7-20 kills, 550-1730 gold, 1610-5060 exp.
(had 2 large kills 16 & 20)
so without thous 2;
avg kills 10, avg gold 826, avg exp 2411.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 373
9/17/2009 4:41:41   
Anvos

quote:

I see, thanks! What about which world is better?

I would say it more comes down to what would you rather pay the additional 50 resources in and personal preference between the 2 worlds if you own both world portal pictures.

250 Food and 500 Energy with Kairula

or

200 Food and 550 Energy with Trescul
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 374
9/17/2009 7:30:21   
Crimzon5

quote:

250 Food and 500 Energy with Kairula

or

200 Food and 550 Energy with Trescul

And since Kairula has a ratio of 1:2 resources, it would be better.

Let's say I have 6000 of each resource (warehouse)

1. 6000 wood, 6000 food, 6000 energy, 6000 stone
2. *Sends army*
3. 6000 wood, 3000 food, 0 energy, 6000 stone
4.Converts all wood to energy... with a level 12 trad hut*
5. 0 wood, 3000 food, 6000 energy, 6000 stone
6. Army time!
7. 0 wood, 0 food, 0 energy, 6000 stone
8. Trade hut time!
9. 0 wood, 2100 food, 3900 energy, 0 stone
10. *Send army with a different reputation, decreasing power AND cost, BUT Increases efficiency*
11. 300 food left

PS: You could... do step #10 right away :p xD

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 9/17/2009 7:33:53 >

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 15 of 26«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition