Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 37 - A Plea to Our Readers (collaborative)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - A Plea to Our Readers (collaborative)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/21/2008 14:13:06   
Maegwyn

Flying through the clouds high above our heads, swimming through the dark depths of the sea, journeying across the countryside in impossibly fast vehicles, floating over an exotic city in a hot air balloon, riding the backs of dragons ... authors have the power to take us anywhere. They can craft entire worlds inside our imagination, draw us inside, and entertain us with endless possibilities of "what if?". They can also inform. The latest news, the most ancient history, myths surviving since antiquity, statistics from a few years ago ... Authors are in control of all of these. There are very few who bother to read that have never found a book they have enjoyed, whether it was for information or entertainment. Many authors know they are appreciated and learn what their fans do and don't like, due to their published status and the development of a large enough fan-base to get fan mail and merit discussions of their works. Small-time authors, however ...

Let us get closer to the point now. Authors and writers who have not 'hit it big' or gained great popularity simply do not hear what others think about their work all that often. People might be enjoying their work immensely, but they never know. Some great comics have shut down or come close to it simply because those who cared never let the author know until it was too late. Others struggle on, hoping they are right that there are those out there who appreciate their work, but do so only through great difficulty, as they can see no evidence their work is enjoyed. Hearing nothing can often be worse than being told that their work is bad in some way. It is demoralizing. If there is an author you like, especially a small-time one, LET THEM KNOW! They will appreciate it.

Now, let us move a little closer to home ... We Zardian authors are in the same predicament. So little feedback is given that we have no idea what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and what direction we should head. If we hear nothing good, our minds might wander to the bad, even if that isn't true. If we aren't told what is wrong with our writing, we don't know how to fix it, or even if it needs fixing! Without your input--from you specifically, the one reading this--we are writing blind, and sometimes we grow quite discouraged. We need you. Can you help us out? If you've joined the Artix Entertainment forums, you can reach us here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=173

Believe it or not, we write so that you have something to read and enjoy every so often. Although we expect little besides enjoyable reading and a few comments, any constructive criticism would be very helpful to us so we can know how our works appear to our readers. Yes, of course, we all are volunteers, but we volunteered because we write not only for ourselves, but for you. Yes! You, as the reader, are one of the most important aspects of the Zardian. If you have any specific article suggestions or ideas feel free to post them in the Suggestions thread here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=11215846

So drop by, leave us a comment or two. Tell us what you think we're doing wrong, and what we're doing right! We depend on the comments and suggestions made by readers just like you!
Post #: 1
12/22/2008 5:52:09   
mastin2

The problem for me is, well, all I can really say is just how good you're doing, what an amazing job you've done, how far you've come, and that I love everything you've written. All Zardian authors in all articles in every issue. I like it all. I enjoy it just the way it is. Well, there are a *few* too many typos to my liking and I tend to find at least a box or two in every new issue, but besides little things like that, you people do so good, there's nothing to say to help improve it. ;)
Anyway, you've got loyal readers. If you turned out absolute pieces of junk, I'd still read it because I'd find a way to enjoy it. (...And then, I would be able to tell you what to do better--almost everything. XP)

-M
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 37 - A Plea to Our Readers (collaborative)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition