Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Acceptus Procul Meus Rabidus Vita/Welcome To My Life Crazy Commenting Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Acceptus Procul Meus Rabidus Vita/Welcome To My Life Crazy Commenting Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/10/2010 2:11:19   
BadHulk

Thank you Red Blizzard! Autism is one of my best poems for now as it describes my PDD-nos which is connected to Autism.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
6/3/2010 10:52:34   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Just read The War. I quite enjoyed it; it's too bad it can't be entered into the Book of War. :3 I think it's an accurate depiction of what soldiers in a medieval war might have felt as they marched onward to their enemies.

Now, as for the proof-reading you'd wanted...

quote:

The smell of blood is filling the courage of the soldiers.

Here, it might be easier to understand if you re-phrased it along the lines of, "The smell of blood fills the soldiers with courage."

quote:

"Soldiers! Prepare for the attack! We shall defend this ground at all needs" the commander shouted

Since it's the end of the quotation, either a comma- or, in this case, perhaps an exclamation point- belongs after "needs." Also, since you use punctuation at the end of lines throughout the poem, adding a period after "shouted" would be more consistent.

quote:

War continues to rage with each defeat of the enemy their soldiers.

The very last bit of this line is a little wordy. It might flow better as either "each defeat of the enemy," or perhaps "each defeat of the enemy soldiers."

quote:

The fire of war, still raging in the soldiers hearts as they got one goal and it's winning!

" Soldiers " should be " soldiers' " as it's possessive. Also, just my personal preference, "have" might sound better than "got." But that's up to you, of course.

quote:

Battalions of soldiers are send out

"Send" should be "sent," as it's in the past tense.

And finally:
quote:

The soldiers are now marching forwards, obilirating the enemy,

"Obilirating" should be "obliterating."

Again, enjoyed the poem a good deal, and I look forward to more from you!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
6/3/2010 11:45:38   
BadHulk

Thank you CF, I was kinda struggling with the obliterating word >.> Ah well...(Even FF Dictionary didn't catch it good D:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Acceptus Procul Meus Rabidus Vita/Welcome To My Life Crazy Commenting Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition