Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Collab: Poems From the Heart OOC and Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Collab: Poems From the Heart OOC and Comments
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2009 7:29:34   
Crimzon5

Poems From the Heart

Okay, it's that time of year again. So why not make a collab :D?
Any approved poet/author can join. Just post here first to be known.

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 2/5/2009 7:34:06 >

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 1
2/5/2009 7:34:45   
Crimzon5

Added another poem
AQ DF  Post #: 2
2/5/2009 11:12:18   
2k2ewyn

Aww..... I would join..... but I can't reply to posts in Collaborative Fiction.

Only here and Poetry and Verse
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
2/5/2009 12:34:57   
Fleur Du Mal

OK, portraying hope isn't exactly my forte but I gave it a try and added a poem called The Wall of Hate in this collab. At least it features a heart. =P Enjoy!
DF  Post #: 4
2/6/2009 4:45:35   
Crimzon5

quote:

Aww..... I would join..... but I can't reply to posts in Collaborative Fiction.

Only here and Poetry and Verse

I've addressed that situation to the FI. In the mean time, do what 15cman is planning to do (PM me your work. Surely, I'll give the credits to you)

@Fabula: Reading it made me remember, you're a girl

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 2/6/2009 4:46:41 >
AQ DF  Post #: 5
2/6/2009 22:38:38   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Posted: The Crystal Ball

Since you crossed out the part about "no sad poems," I assume this is allowed. It's kinda become a tradition for me to write dark love poems on Valentine's Day... I hope this doesn't just crush everyone's spirits, 'cause it's really dark, even for me. And it's really strange: future tense, freeverse, touches on the uglier fringes of society.

The poem has no happy words, so I'll wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day here on the comments thread.

@Fabula
I might be totally off, but your poem seems to allude to a certain wall that separated Germany after WWII... ;)

AQ  Post #: 6
2/7/2009 7:29:08   
Crimzon5

Wow, Firefly. I am honored by your presence.

And yes, sad poems are now allowed.

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 2/7/2009 7:30:36 >
AQ DF  Post #: 7
2/7/2009 10:40:15   
Fleur Du Mal

@Crimzon: Lol, umm, what part of the poem did exactly remind you of that? Just curious. =P

I really like your ending lines in both of the poems, btw. Especially the last three lines in the Desire's End.
Hmm. The Helen of Troy might be the one piece here that is most close to a "traditional" Valentine's poem. At least so far, who knows what further additions we will still see.

@Firefly: *fabula gives Firefly cookies and a cup of tea*

No, you are not wrong at all. I was trying to create an abstract statement for love, empathy and gentleness being better to reign instead of 'eye-for-an-eye' policy, so I scribbled this poem against any barricade of distrust and hate people are so prone to erect between each other by references to two real, solid walls. And the other one I'm referring to is indeed the Berliner Mauer or the Berlin Wall that used to separate the West and East Berlin up until one November day in 1989.
The original sketched version had even more direct references to it; like 'born with the same history, speaking the same language we have been taught to shame', but they didn't quite fit in.

However, if the poem were more tightly bound to the Berliner Mauer, I really couldn't name it the Wall of Hate. Maybe the Wall of Suspicion... So, in addition to the "abstract idea", there are hints about another real wall as well, to which the title would fit better and which has been built in the recent past and is still standing. To that too I had /very/ direct references, but chose to remove them in fear of turning the poem too political instead of being "idealistic-love-goes-through-walls" thingy for Valentine. =P

To your poem:
There's a really nice interplay of words in this line:
quote:

And I’ll stand outside the club like a troublesome decoration discarded by the bouncer,

I can't find any better explanation to why I like it.

I love your last line as well.

DF  Post #: 8
2/7/2009 12:11:51   
Firefly
Lore-ian

@Fabula
I can relate to the poem not being "love" enough, lol. I had to add in a few lines to make it more focused on the love part as opposed to the anti-teen-self-destruction.

lol, I like political poems. =P And I like history. And I'm glad you liked that line--it was originally something else, actually.

@Crimzon
I'm honoured to be allowed to post that awfully sad poem. =P
AQ  Post #: 9
2/7/2009 18:46:07   
Crimzon5

@ Fabula:

quote:

The kites returned, and in one I did find
A letter attached, with words so kind.

Usually, it's the men giving out the love letters, making me suspect that the persona is female... which reminded me that you're a girl

@ your discussion: Meh... I can relate. THe only thing our history teacher tught us was our country's history.

@Firefly: Thanks Fabula for allowing the sad poems. She made me do it.
AQ DF  Post #: 10
2/8/2009 2:23:58   
Crimzon5

Added "Winter".

Also, ninjaboy's poems were added. He's not an AP yet... and if it's agaisnt to post something in his behalf... sorry
AQ DF  Post #: 11
2/9/2009 22:45:34   
Argeus the Paladin

Fab?

Isn't that the Berlin Wall you're talking about? Talking about time, 'tis 18 years already...
DF  Post #: 12
2/10/2009 7:32:00   
Fleur Du Mal

@Argeus: Lol, check post no 8 on this page. Yeah, it has been 19-20 years since /that/ wall fell but there are other barriers that still stand erect.

Lot's of Medieval Times based fantasy going around, Saint George and evil dragons. Talking about time...
Each to one's own inspiration I guess. =P
DF  Post #: 13
2/10/2009 7:42:30   
Crimzon5

Ah, Argeus, I really do admire your knowledge with programs and history (too bad sometimes it's hard to relate).

And good news! Clyde made a poem :D
AQ DF  Post #: 14
2/10/2009 21:12:05   
garnetdragoness

as requested I wrote a poem for this but it looks like it is not letting me post.... now what?
AQ  Post #: 15
2/10/2009 21:38:06   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I *think* you can PM the poem to Crimzon to post on your behalf. APs can't post in Collab fiction.
AQ  Post #: 16
2/11/2009 5:13:35   
Crimzon5

Yeah, I guess APs will have to PM it to me. Forum staff still havent addressed the AP-Collab Issue
AQ DF  Post #: 17
2/11/2009 21:13:43   
garnetdragoness

oh, ok then. will go do that right now! hope everyone enjoys it!
AQ  Post #: 18
2/13/2009 15:56:47   
Fleur Du Mal

Wow, I'm...speechless. But not typeless. =P

I really like the 'new' additions in this collab. Crimzon, your poem Winter is really, really sweet. I'm on the edge of purrrring. Oh well, I guess that's not on the edge anymore. =P
Btw, the poem nicely compliments your current avatar as well. =P

garnetdragoness, what a crazy poem for Valentine. =P I like it very much indeed with all the rhymes, the imagery, the impending doom, and the room for additional interpretations as well. I first thought she was the embodiment of moon glittering on the surface, lol. I guess my thoughts are just too random.

Clyde, your poem would very well fit the local version of Valentine's day as well. You see, where I live, the 14th of Feb is more like the day of the friends, so the love-part is a bit "down-regulated" here when it comes to Valentine, though it does exist. A very hopeful poem. =)

I hope ninjaboy's approval process is going on well. My favourite of the bunch was Distant Shore. Maybe just because I can relate to looking at the placid sea. Sorry for my randomness yet again. =P
DF  Post #: 19
2/14/2009 1:05:47   
Crimzon5

Hehehe... I gave winter to girl. The poem was printed over the full sketch of my avatar :D
AQ DF  Post #: 20
2/14/2009 12:18:25   
garnetdragoness

hahahaha. thanks fabula. it was a friday the 13th/psycho themed/vantine's day love story! hahahaha. i couldnt resist.
AQ  Post #: 21
2/14/2009 16:59:05   
Fleur Du Mal

Since the Valentine's Day is drawing near to an end in at least some parts of the globe, I think the poem I posted would fit in well now. And because I was awful enough to 'force' Crimzon accept sad poems too, I might as well post one. =P

Anyways, Moonlight Walk was written already some months ago. It's yours to enjoy and yours to decide whether it fits the occasion or not. =P
DF  Post #: 22
2/14/2009 21:44:30   
2k2ewyn

Since I can't post there, and Crimzon wasn't online, I asked the next person who I knew was also an AA. Clyde! Yay!

And it seems a bit important to post a Valentine's day poem on Valentine's day.

Yay! Thank you Clyde. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Collab: Poems From the Heart OOC and Comments
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition