Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Common Sense Guide - Zorbakian Issue 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Common Sense Guide - Zorbakian Issue 1
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2009 0:12:51   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Common Sense Guide

You know, as I consider my many encounters with the citizens of Lore, it occurs to me that "Common Sense" is a misnomer. Quite frankly, they should call it "Uncommon Sense" around here, since so many of you seem to be lacking in the common sense department. Actually, now that I think about it, "Rare Sense"... or even better, "Mythic Rare Sense" would be a FAR more appropriate name.

I mean, let's face it, you people aren't always all that bright. You leap to conclusions, charge into battle at the drop of a hat, recklessly confront superior foes who are beyond the scope of your comprehension, *cough*needlessly persecute innocent ebil moglin necromancers*cough* and pretty much buy into whatever someone in a so-called postion of authority tells you. Some might call this trust, and consider it admirable. Not me... I call it gullibility and consider you naive.

But never fear... as part of my never-ending effort to make the world a better place (What? You don't think the world would be a better place if I was in charge? Well, it would! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!), I present to you the following:

Zorbak's Guide to Common Sense in Everyday Life
1) Good deeds are for suckers. Only do something if it benefits you
2) The meek shall inherit the Earth. But in the meantime, the strong will make a pretty comfortable living by exploiting them.
3) Possums have pouches like kangaroos
4) Always consider the source. Maybe... just MAYBE... Twig and his pre-school level intellect are not giving you the sagest advice
5) Don't trust anyone
5b) Especially if they tell you they have your best interests in mind
5c) Or that they're only trying to help
5d) Unless it's me. You should believe everything I say because I'm only trying to help, and I have only your best interests in mind...
6) When in doubt... think W.W.Z.D. (What Would Zorbak Do?)
7) Helping others is bad. Helping yourself to other's stuff is good.
8) Zorbak is always right
8b) Well, except for that one time, when I accidentally though I had made a mistake...
9) Some people will tell you it's OK, as long as you try your best. We call those people "Losers."
10) Don't judge someone else until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you'll be a mile away... and have a new pair of shoes!

All you need to do is keep these points in mind, and you'll be well on your way to success!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/1/2009 12:28:47   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

While the article was really funny, one of the things that made me laugh the most was the art! The reference to the Voltaire (mis)quote, "Common sense is not so common," made me snicker quite a bit. I love that saying. Also, there really is some good advice in here.

quote:

5) Don't trust anyone
5b) Especially if they tell you they have your best interests in mind
5c) Or that they're only trying to help

This is one I had to learn the hard way...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Common Sense Guide - Zorbakian Issue 1
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition