Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 41 - Conspiracy Corner Paladins (Cow Face)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 41 - Conspiracy Corner Paladins (Cow Face)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/6/2009 14:43:05   
smbdoll

Conspiracy Corner: Paladins
By Cow Face

"Paladin: n. 1. Medieval champion: a champion or hero, especially in medieval legend or history. 2. Champion of cause: somebody known for championing a cause. 3. One of Charlemagne's companions: any one of the 12 legendary companions of Charlemagne."
-Encarta® World English Dictionary

The above is almost completely true. Unfortunately, they happened to mention the word "hero" when describing Paladins. For this reason, I must refute the World English Dictionary. The true definition of "Paladin" is thusly: "1. Medieval champion: a crazed megalomaniac partaking in an undead genocide." They commit this heinous act for one reason only: Paladins are evil!

Quick test. When you hear the word Paladin, what image comes to mind?
1) A noble warrior, going to defend his homeland from undead.
2) A noble warrior, creating some wacky games. With undead.
42) An evil overlord, maddened with rage, murdering innocent zombies.

If you chose 1 or 2, please visit a doctor, as you have encountered a dangerous influx of logic and reasoning. The answer is quite obviously 42, as that is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything!* Given that the concept of Everything includes that of Paladins, the answer is choice number 42. As always, though, we should not commit ourselves blindly to tracks of thought. First, we must give ridiculous reasoning for our righteous wrath!**

Part of their nefariousness can be observed by their chosen adversary, the Undead community. At no point in time did the skeletons, zombies, liches, bogles, etc. of Lore rise together and decide to attack all of the Paladins. Do you ever see them standing around, saying, "Pardon me, dear fellow, but would you happen to be busy on the morrow? If not, mightn't we go out for a spot and, say, scour up some Paladins with which to engage in combat?" Of course not.*** It is only the Paladins who perform such organized destruction.**** Furthermore, the Undead are loving, caring people(?). This is displayed in that they play games (Circe, "Live From the U-Games," Issues 14-19)- and love (Rimblade, "You Spark My Capacitors," Issue 39).

For centuries, though, Paladins have spread slanderous lies about the poor creatures, leading to a great deal of negative publicity. This goes beyond snubs and beating them up for lunch money; at times, people will ring their doorbells and run away, and there have been campaign slogans such as, "Is Falconreach Really Ready For A Dead Mayor?"*****

Another victim of these lies are the Necromancers, most notably Noxus. This visionary was viciously struck down in his prime, in the middle of his own college! The perpetrators' identities are unknown, except that a Paladin, a disgruntled former employee, and some random person, probably of little importance, were involved. What can this signify except unabashed censorship from the mighty Paladin Council? It exists, I assure you. When will the people rise up and throw off the bonds of oppression, the chains of their ennui? We must rouse, remove the noose off of our ambition, and revolt against these atrocities! Viva la Republique! Lore uber alles! Free at last, free at last, thank Lorithia almighty, we are free at last! And there is a phalanx of Paladins at my door, got to go!
**** Besides, of course, the Necromancers, Rogues, Warriors, Mages, Pirates, Ninjas ...
***** Yes. Yes it is.
AQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 41 - Conspiracy Corner Paladins (Cow Face)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition