Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 1 of 1712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2009 10:11:35   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Official Warp Force Announcement!

Use this thread to discuss the newest AE game to be announced: Warp Force!

And Now with Exciting New Storyline Developers' Notes!

Solved the strange mystery of the link interceptor popup - edited to fix that. =Maegwyn

< Message edited by Maegwyn -- 5/22/2009 11:25:16 >
Post #: 1
5/22/2009 10:12:04   
Blade Of Judgement

Hmm , really no walk around ? I hate it .

EDIT : And why is there an interceptor to your post ?

EDIT : Wait a minute , WarpGuardians ?

< Message edited by Blade Of Judgement -- 5/22/2009 10:14:58 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/22/2009 10:13:31   
drDOT

Even without walk-around I will play this XD
AQW  Post #: 3
5/22/2009 10:14:08   
necrolich66

i too
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
5/22/2009 10:15:36   
Nickwright
Creative!

Walk Around in the games blows chunks anyway imo

I much prefer AQ's style.

:D

Yay, this sounds awesome Fal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/22/2009 10:16:07   
punic

that cat is cute
MQ  Post #: 6
5/22/2009 10:16:23   
Robowarrior forum

even without walk around i think ill like it
Post #: 7
5/22/2009 10:18:03   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Blade of Judgement:

Walk around alone hardly is what makes a game fun or not. In our analysis of people here on the forums, however, we quickly discovered that there are some people that much prefer AQ's system and others that much prefer that of DF. Since the vast majority of our games already use the system of DF it was about time for another that was more AQ style. Plus keeping it AQ style allows for the tight integration mentioned including direct crossover wars and the like. Also it allows the same animators and developers to work on both games simultaneously. If the systems were quite different both would be far less doable. That is not to say we never will use walk around if it is appropriate, we might within limits, but that is not the main design direction for this game.

I urge you to give WarpForce a try for what it does have rather then prejudging them for what it lacks.

< Message edited by Falerin -- 5/22/2009 10:19:07 >
Post #: 8
5/22/2009 10:18:51   
punic

i gonna be a warpguardian new armor in aqw
MQ  Post #: 9
5/22/2009 10:19:37   
Blade Of Judgement

Then I have nothing to say , but why is there an interceptor to your announcement ?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
5/22/2009 10:22:25   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

A very good question. I tried both the URL and the Link code and the forum does it regardless. Passing this message along to the powers that be. Thanks for catching that BoJ.
Post #: 11
5/22/2009 10:22:44   
BrantePyrus

Seriously, give it walkaround. This has the potential to be the best single-player yet- IF you don't ruin it by keeping it too similar to the flaws of AQ that were worked out in DF!

Learn from your mistakes, and give us walkaround. And a difference between male and female characters...
Will there be an armor in AQW for it?
I will upgrade immediatly. No matter what. But don't make it the "first person kinda" style of the original AQ. This will probably be VERY similar to MQ, so influencing it with that is a good idea. Maybe "dragon" style combat in starfighters(although minigame style would also be cool), and classic DF style combat, but with the AQ attack style- ie, buying skills.
For god's sakes, make the graphics better then AQ. AQW is the best example for how we should do chars- of course, with races too. With the side shot of AQ, but cleaner look.

Get Thyton and Korin on this now!
XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
5/22/2009 10:25:38   
Kuld

Hopefully people will read this new announcement, some important information in there. Walkaround or not, I think Warpforce will be a great game, looking forward to new screenshots and so on later on!
MQ  Post #: 13
5/22/2009 10:25:55   
Nickwright
Creative!

-No Walkaround is not a FLAW >.>

You realize that current AQ graphics are far more well polished than any of the other 3, the other do have great graphics but...yeah

and that AQW's aren't the best >.> they're minimalistic to reduce lag, seriously look at that zoomed in dude. Just do it.

< Message edited by Nickwright -- 5/22/2009 10:26:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/22/2009 10:25:54   
necrolich66

guardian dragonlord starcaptain memb and warpforce will be what?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
5/22/2009 10:26:13   
matteo234

wowz, a fifth new AE game in development, with falerin as the leader! sounds epic!
shame no walkaround (im a fan of it), but sounds good... i wonder if warpforce guardian will directly intersect an armor on AQ, normal guardian intersect on warpforce as armor etc.
sounds like releases are going to be epic-er now...
the future will be interesting

You're looking for something that doesn't exist.
We can't explain it, but whatever it was has
disappeared and may never be seen again.
Some say it may have never existed at all....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 16
5/22/2009 10:27:10   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

While we understand you like Walk Around Brante I urge you to reread what I said to BoJ. There are MANY who do not like DF and Walk Around is one of the oft cited reasons for it. We have learned from every progressive game and from our own experience with the community.

Walk around will not be a central feature of this game.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though. We do value the feedback you give and your input is what helps make all of our games great.
Post #: 17
5/22/2009 10:27:54   
drDOT

Nickwright you are right but I don't think AQW need better graphics XD I think this game is more for players interactivity :) not like the other 3 :D
I can't wait to see some screenshots XD !
AQW  Post #: 18
5/22/2009 10:27:51   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Sounds like a good game. Any ideas what an upgrade will cost?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/22/2009 10:30:10   
drDOT

Oliver Bell , because all the games have the same price to upgrade I don't think this game will change the prices :p
AQW  Post #: 20
5/22/2009 10:30:46   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: matteo234
with falerin as the leader

I am the head of this forum but Galanoth is the leader for WF as he is for AQ. That said I am relearning flash and will be an animator but not an artist for both games. I remain in charge of a team of storyline developers which now includes:

Eldron
Damsel
Gothmog
Eukara

And numerous other talented writers on the staff including Cyrus, Westwind, and Galanoth himself write for one or both games as well.
Post #: 21
5/22/2009 10:31:30   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

I suppose a lower upgrade cost was too much to hope for, looks like I had better start saving.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/22/2009 10:31:57   
Nickwright
Creative!

Galanoth should let you be head of WF =P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/22/2009 10:39:11   
nosey123
Friendly!

quote:

I urge you to give WarpForce a try for what it does have rather then prejudging them for what it lacks.

Truth this is.

I really don't see what's so good about walk-around, explore? You are just thinking that you are experiencing something but you are still getting to the end no matter what. But i do see why some like it, feels like we have more 'control' instead of being moved to the next area.

But why speculate and possibly ruin your image of this not yet released game.

Also at Brante, i know it's your opinion, but i do not think the recent art in aq is bad at all. ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
5/22/2009 10:41:46   
punic

quote:

Galanoth should let you be head of WF =P

artix has been kicked out and he bring daimyo to his house

yay new CEO may be zorbak is a good CEO
MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 1 of 1712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition