Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2009 14:48:13   
penguin moglin

where is the trailer?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
5/22/2009 14:50:10   
Kuld

@penguin moglin:
In Adventure Quest - in Battleon, next to the announcement scroll thingy.
MQ  Post #: 77
5/22/2009 14:50:31   
Other_Guy_27

I hope we don't have another Captain Rhubarb incident like in AQW, though I have to admit it was hilarious.

< Message edited by The_Other_Guy_27 -- 5/22/2009 14:53:28 >
AQ DF  Post #: 78
5/22/2009 14:52:13   
Pyronix15

Is the beta going to be for all upgraded players or just guardians? Can I get confirmation from a mod?

Your signature has been fired

Maximum signature size is 500px by 100px and 50kb.

~Kosefira
AQ MQ  Post #: 79
5/22/2009 14:53:55   
Nex del Vida

...Honestly, I think everyone who is complaining that the game would be better with walkaround are being insufferably whiny. Personally I like AQ the best of the games by far, but I'll try not to let that influence this post.

As Falerin and Nickwright have said, walkaround does not make a game. DF and MQ are both walkaround, and I like DF a whole lot better than MQ because of its storyline, its combat system, its jokes, and its general atmosphere. I am immensely happy that Falerin has said that it will be distinctly different from MQ--I think said game had the potential to become amazing. Personally I liked the Devourer/Truth Saga, and was a (very) minor Truthseeker for a while. However, I am glad that WF will be easier to follow for a new player or those who are not very into storyline--whenever advertising a game to my friends, I now advertise DF because it is much easier to get into in my opinion than AQ. I thank Lorithia that I got to AQ before the Saga had started, or I have no doubt that I would be an MQhead.

In conclusion, I would like to repeat Falerin's request that you consider the game for what it will bring, not for what it won't. AQ is unique in the sense that I have never seen another game with its particular style, and WF will both build on that and make AE more unique. Also, the prospect of AE making a direct sequel to a game--unlike the DF/AQ discrepancies--is thrilling.
AQ  Post #: 80
5/22/2009 14:54:41   
Kuld

@Pyronix15:
I'm no mod, but according to the trailer it will be playable by AQ Guardians. This suggests that only AQ Guardians will be able to play the beta, I think.

< Message edited by Kuld -- 5/22/2009 14:55:18 >
MQ  Post #: 81
5/22/2009 14:56:26   
Pyronix15

I hope more than just guardians can play...Im upgraded in mq and aqw, and no offense, but I would never upgrade in aq........
AQ MQ  Post #: 82
5/22/2009 14:56:52   
Lord Asrius

Oh rubbish Nex, you were a plenty good Truthseeker.
Also, I wonder if we can import some things from our AQ characters, like they said they were going to do with AQW. Hm...
AQ DF  Post #: 83
5/22/2009 15:01:03   
Nex del Vida

:D Thanks, Asrius. You've fuzzied up my day.

Unfortunately, I regret to say that I won't be buying an upgrade in WF immediately. I'll need to test it out first. I acted MUCH too hastily in MQ--buying an upgrade the first day it was available, in wrongful anticipation of years of happy playing--so I will wait at least a while to buy it, although I do intend to be a Founder. It's quite unfortunate that MQ is the only game I have that title in... I'd love to have it in a game I actually like playing.

Thanks again, AE. You've given me years of great games to play and a fantastic community on top of that. I am grateful.
AQ  Post #: 84
5/22/2009 15:05:00   
Day Malrone

I am looking forward to this. I always thought that the Devourer Saga could have been expanded upon a bit more.
AQ  Post #: 85
5/22/2009 15:06:19   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pyronix15

I hope more than just guardians can play...Im upgraded in mq and aqw, and no offense, but I would never upgrade in aq........

I doubt any one is offended... you can always play when the game goes public.
Post #: 86
5/22/2009 15:12:04   
Nex del Vida

Heh. Okay, so that confirms that only AQ Guardians will be allowed to play. Sorry, all you non-AQ lovers, but this really does make sense--it is, after all, a sequel to AQ. If they produced a sequel to MQ in that game's style, I would not particularly want to play. Likewise, I don't see why you would want to play WF if you obviously don't like AQ.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 5/22/2009 15:13:06 >
AQ  Post #: 87
5/22/2009 15:22:26   
TreadLight

It is a great idea to make this game's testing for [X-]Guardians only. Like Nex said, it is only fair for the paid AQ players to have full access to it's sequel's testing.

I can't wait until July. ;_;

But I will. :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
5/22/2009 15:24:10   
Master Champ

I knew becoming a guardian would count for something.

I too will wait before upgrading. It WF sounds good but i will wait and see.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
5/22/2009 15:24:25   
Other_Guy_27

Well said, Nex del Vida. I don't like MQ either and wouldn't be interested in playing a MQ sequel. MQ actually happens to be the one AE game I don't play; I got bored with it after a few weeks and never played it again. A Sci-Fi AQ sequel sounds pretty interesting though.
AQ DF  Post #: 90
5/22/2009 15:25:53   
MetalKuat

I'll be there for the Beta test.

I want Lightsabers. :O
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 91
5/22/2009 15:31:47   
Other_Guy_27

quote:

I want Lightsabers. :O

Especially if J6 makes them.

edit: we can't call them lightsabers in-game though (trademark infringement)

< Message edited by The_Other_Guy_27 -- 5/22/2009 16:05:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 92
5/22/2009 15:40:25   
swenson

*raises hand* I'll be a WarpGuardian! (WG... hmm, not as nice-looking as SC, but at least it's easy to write as an acronym!) Can't wait for July 3!!! My AQW account was made within the first minute of the re-opening of sign-up (after the Captain Rhubarb Incident, of course), and I plan to do the same for WF!

Although... I do have to admit, I'm an MQ and DF girl. Perhaps that's just because when I got involved, AQ was so huge I couldn't follow the story at all, got lost a hundred times, and finally gave up because wandering around with no direction is not fun. I hope WF solves this problem- DF has it to a degree, but the "threaded" nature of quest strings helps there. Not sure about MQ, as I started it fairly early on in its development. Make a game easy for new players to get into, and they'll like it a lot more! But despite the problems I've had with AQ in the past, I hope that getting in on WF early will mean I like it. I want to like it, so it'd better live up to my expectations! I can't believe you're releasing another game so quickly, it's just been a year since AQW came out! I do wonder, though... are you going to hire more people? I can't imagine how you could balance five games at the same time with the same amount of people, even if WF only releases once a month.

Oh, and about the once a month thing... really? They'd better be amazing releases, then... just 12 releases a year isn't quite as exciting as 52, you know!
DF MQ  Post #: 93
5/22/2009 15:43:42   
Mech 007

I bet this game is going to be really cool!
Ive just started playing the devourer saga on AQ, and I have a paper to see what quest im up to and I checked the forums nad now this game is coming out about the devourer saga!!!
Thanks AE!!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
5/22/2009 15:48:12   
Nickwright
Creative!

@swenson, Daimyo avvie ftw =P
I took the day off on July 3rd through July 7th so I'ma be mad playing WF :D Definitely gonna be a WG too.
12 Bigger releases so the content should even out to be the same if not moreso.
And I believe they'll use AQs staff until it maybe gets really off its feet, then they'll slowly start hiring more people for WF

and its never too early for a new game, they've released a game a year for the last 3 years now including WF
MQ was 2007, AQW was 2008, this is 2009 :3

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
5/22/2009 15:51:28   
BrantePyrus

quote:

MQ detail? DF? They will create a game based on AQ, not DF or MQ. Also, they will probably create weapons in the same style used in AQ so they can be used there too. Also, stop acting like Thyton and Korin are the best drawers on AE. All the drawers are good and have their own style, if you aren't happy with the style, then don't play. All you're saying here is "This game should have X and allow Y so it can be good", but forgot to put a IMO there. Fal already said the style is being used after a "walk-around" system was used in all the other games.

Actually, my favorite artist is Miltonius, and they are all amazing. I'm simply saying that they have the most experience drawing Sci-Fi stuff! I don't want them to be the artists, per say, cause MQ is their thing, but I just think they should advise on the amount of detail and such good for a sci-fi! So far, what they've shown us is what I'm after. The system of AQ is, insofar as I can understand, what they're using. However, I'm gambling they'll have a slightly different art style from AQ.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
5/22/2009 15:52:39   
Nex del Vida

/me high-fives swenson and jg...jug...jghf... the guy who posted above Nickeh. :P
swenson, that's a good attitude. I totally understand where you're coming from with the Devourer Saga, as said above.
jgujhjhi (ha! Got it right.) that's a fantastic attitude. Well done. I hope you get through it without too much trouble.

Nickeh: Yeah. I'm at camp when it's released, but we're allowed computer (just not internet) so I'm going to bring the broadband USB thing we have and play like crazy that day. \

By the way, Fal/Eukeh/other writers: There's no chance that Viren is going to be a playable race, is there? That would be amazing.
AQ  Post #: 97
5/22/2009 15:59:05   
BrantePyrus

quote:

Pardon me for asking, but what does MNOG stand for? It's also the acronym for another great flash game that I know, but can someone clarify?

Mata Nui Online Game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
5/22/2009 16:05:03   
Calogero

i do wonder:

DF= Guardians got to test it
MQ= Guardians and Dragonlords got to test it
AQW= Guardians, Dragonlords and Star Captains got to test it
WF= Guardians get to test it...

there is no logic in the testing...
imo it should be
WF= Guardians, Dragonlords, Star Captains and AQW members should test it...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
5/22/2009 16:05:49   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Very nice... July 3 is the day before my birthday. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= WarpForce Announcement Discussion
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition