Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2009 22:26:07   
DragonSlayerNinja

Weapon Name: Voltaic Grizzly Nice Name
Picture: Voltaic Grizzly Concept Art Very interesting and creative design and would make a cool weapon
Visual Description: The Voltaic Grizzly is a mix of a shotgun and a portable cannon. The barrel has two spikes on the end and one coming from inside the barrel which may be used to defend yourself when the gun won't fire for whatever reason. Despite the large amount of firepower, the Voltaic Grizzly is wield-able with one hand. The shotgun-like pump is more for show, and to compare it to the common shotgun look. The middle section of the gun is hollow, and inside is a handle which allows the Voltaic Grizzly to be wielded like a sword. There is a control panel on the top of the gun which allows the electron collectors to be switched on and off, among other things. The front end is a dark, dark gold while the rest of the gold is a similar gold, however not as dark. Sounds Awesome
Backstory: Designed by Armory Unit #2000 for the Warpforce soldiers who wanted a little extra power in their attack. Did we say little? We meant a whole lot of extra power. The crazies who designed it allowed the Voltaic Grizzly to be a single-handed weapon. However, the force is so powerful not many can do it. One man even compared it to be punched by a Grizzly Bear that spent it's life lifting weights. Are you a bad enough dude to wield the Voltaic Grizzly? We doubt it. It's an electric shotgun, for Chuckle's sake. haha :D Very Nice
Special Flavor Abilities: The Voltaic Grizzly is so powerful, it easily stuns enemies, whether from the shockwave or the knockdown power. Also, the three blades can be activated to collect electrons from the air, so even when you're out of ammo, you're never out of ammo. lol i always wanted infinite ammo in games :D
AQ  Post #: 51
6/13/2009 22:35:29   
Dragonbane Deathsword

I guess nobody likes my wepon...
DF MQ  Post #: 52
6/13/2009 22:38:24   
Eslos

Most of the entries lack a solid design and/or sensible shading. A few are stolen.
AQ  Post #: 53
6/13/2009 22:43:27   
Dragonbane Deathsword

Well, i had made a bow, but then i was like "this would look better as a whip" then i made it into a whip, then i put on a spike, then i thought "Hey, the spike is far up! im going to do somthing to make a demi cordex!" and then i did shade affects.
DF MQ  Post #: 54
6/13/2009 22:43:33   
DragonSlayerNinja

Eslos, what about mine???????
i didnt steal, and i shaded
its a pure pencil drawing
AQ  Post #: 55
6/13/2009 22:44:26   
The Chaos Slayer

Cheer up Dragonbane Deathsword! Your weapon was pretty good! However, it sounds an awful lot like Cor Demi Cordex, so it isn't very original. But I do like the idea of another one designed more for space.

AQ  Post #: 56
6/13/2009 22:47:54   
Dragonbane Deathsword

the demi cordex (wich i know from df) was the whole point!
DF MQ  Post #: 57
6/14/2009 1:56:17   
Zykan

I submitted mine, hope I can win or even be considered...Can anyone tell me what they think about mine?

~Zykan~
Post #: 58
6/14/2009 2:06:56   
The Chaos Slayer

I don't see it Zykan.
AQ  Post #: 59
6/14/2009 3:56:40   
Zykan

My entry is here, can someone please give me a comment of what they think about my entry?

~Zykan~

< Message edited by Zykan -- 6/14/2009 3:59:22 >
Post #: 60
6/14/2009 4:49:14   
Crimzon5

@ Zykan: The graphics are good (really, really good), but to be honest, the idea isn't 100% themed for WF

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1244967593

I'm just a begginer at flash design, but my animation skills are... mediocre. Watch the animation for a chance to drool xD

< Message edited by Crimzon5 -- 6/14/2009 5:28:51 >
AQ DF  Post #: 61
6/14/2009 4:57:22   
drDOT

I almost forgot about the Discussion Thread :P
What do you guys think about my entry ? [x]
AQW  Post #: 62
6/14/2009 4:57:58   
TreadLight

Zykan, I think you should try something that is more futuristic and fits the theme that the staff has settled for in its already-released-drawings-and-screen-shots. Right now, I see a nature version of the Blade of Awe, that would fit in AdventureQuest or DragonFable much more than it would for WarpForce.

Crimzon5, the animation looks kinda' cool, but that sort of thing has been used so many times in AE games (something flies off the weapon, shoots the enemy, then hits it). :/ Though, there were some parts that I really liked. The shining of the two blades was cool. I suggest some sort of symmetry going on at all times. When the blades come back to the blade, I think it would look better if they had gotten to the handle at the same time. Another idea is to have some sort of attachment that connects all 5 detachable pieces to the handle throughout the animation (like chains).

Good luck!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/14/2009 5:17:19   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

You may edit and improve your entries as much as you like. However, please note that any entries suspected of taking ideas from other entries will be disqualified!
Post #: 64
6/14/2009 6:15:22   
Crimzon5

Thanks TreadLight! :D

Small chnges: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1244973282

quote:

(something flies off the weapon, shoots the enemy, then hits it)

Yeah, I'm aware of that. On the bright side, AQ doesnt have things that detach AND SHOOT :p xD
AQ DF  Post #: 65
6/14/2009 9:33:28   
Evil Moo!!

I quite like your entry, Crimzon5. It has a nice mix of simplicity and intricate action that is typical of many of AQ's designs.

Here's my entry: link
Any thoughts or opinions, anyone?
Post #: 66
6/14/2009 9:41:54   
the old nite

Wow i'm ... i mean...i er.... i never knew that so many people exceeded my art level by so much i'm utterly speechless ! They are all so ... AWSOME!!!!!! people who used paint must have alot of skill because the ones i saw were really good and paint is super difficult to make and AE type weapon with. I wish you all and i mean all of you the best of luck and hope the winner becomes very..... famous lol. But seriously i wish you all the best of luck, i dont think ill bother entering because i dont have the shading technique they use so it'll make it look .. i dont know the word.
Oh and i do hope these are your own ideas and not some weapon masters idea lol and when i looked at stans it had very good shading but think of the creature lol.

Thank you all and good luck.
~Nitey.

< Message edited by the old nite -- 6/14/2009 9:42:19 >

Do not fight for power.
Do not fight for Glory.
Do not fight for greed and wealth.
Do however, fight for you're freedom and what is in your heart.
Post #: 67
6/14/2009 9:55:01   
MegaPoster404

Crimzon5: very nice animation, but it could use better art.
Evil Moo: your entry looks great! Good descriptions, and the art is good too. Loled at the lemony scent.
Dimension R: It looks great, but doesn't seem to have that technology feel that the warpforce style has.
Zykan: Wow. Great art, but I agree with Crimzon5, it's not completely warpforce themed.

My entry:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16149404

opinions?

< Message edited by MegaPoster404 -- 6/14/2009 9:58:37 >
DF MQ  Post #: 68
6/14/2009 10:15:22   
My Pain

Oh yeah, Binary Bow FTW.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
6/14/2009 12:57:35   
Evil Moo!!

@MegaPoster: I like the amount of detail in your descriptions. Also the art is pretty good.

As for the lemony scent, I just couldn't help myself.

Somehow I can just see the binary bow winning.
Post #: 70
6/14/2009 13:17:56   
shadowultimate

Yes, I like the Binary bow too.
Its randomly simple, and its something anyone could draw. Yes, even 4 year olds. Kidding XD
Lets hope it comes 3rd or something.

/takes my pain's hand away from my neck.

< Message edited by shadowultimate -- 6/14/2009 13:19:47 >
AQ  Post #: 71
6/14/2009 15:52:44   
Skyline
Battle On!

My entry Check it out

Nice entries so far everyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/14/2009 16:07:55   
MetalKuat

I think my MoonLight Falchion is not that bad for something made on Paint :P, but alas, it doesn't stand a chance against those that have access to Flash and such.

I have the creativity, but I lack the "tools".
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
6/14/2009 16:49:08   
Stan

Stop blaming the tools, start blaming yourself.
Paint stuff can win too. Example from a previous art contest.

It seems not many people have noticed this contest yet. A nice big announcement in the game design notes would bring some more people in.

< Message edited by Stan -- 6/14/2009 16:50:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
6/14/2009 20:39:44   
chugg

Good Luck to you all.

I won't be entering in this contest My art skills are not that good.
I think the submissions so far look pretty cool. I have not looked at
them all yet though.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition