Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2009 20:39:57   
frogboy52295

Weapon Name: Virin Slayer
Artwork : coming soon
Visual Descriptions : The Virin Slayer has a a two pronged blade. between this two blades flows a current of electricity when it is used on a virin. This electricity deals extra damage agaisnt the Virin race

Backstory : One day, the warp guardian Frogboy was fighting against a virin. He got an idea to take two of the virin's tenitcles and its "power gem" from its head. He bound them together and a current of electricity started to flow between them.

Special Flavor Abilities On special, it can paralize a viren creature. deals extra damge on virin race

Weapon type: Energy Magic

Note this is weapon his a Trigged form and Non triggered form. The triggered form will have the gem glowing and the electricity flow between them. Non triggered has the gem is not shining and electricity is no flowing between the blades

hows is this artwork coming in soon
AQ DF  Post #: 76
6/14/2009 23:06:07   
Argeus the Paladin

I can't draw. Would that mean I am disqualified?
DF  Post #: 77
6/14/2009 23:26:24   
Reactive

quote:

Suggestions may include:

* Weapon Name
* Artwork
* Visual Descriptions
* Backstory
* Special Flavor Abilities
* Something else of which the engineers of Armory Unit #2000 might not have thought

It says it may include artwork so it isn't completely necessary. Good luck!

< Message edited by Reactive -- 6/14/2009 23:27:10 >
Post #: 78
6/14/2009 23:27:03   
AzX

Does the artwork have to be flash-based, or can you enter in a hand drawn version?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
6/14/2009 23:28:06   
Reactive

It doesn't specify, it just says "Artwork", so that's a yes.
Plus several people have already entered hand-drawn entries, so it should be fine.

EDIT: Your welcome!

< Message edited by Reactive -- 6/14/2009 23:34:46 >
Post #: 80
6/14/2009 23:30:12   
AzX

Awesome, thanks Reactive.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
6/15/2009 3:22:38   
Zykan

I'd like to understand what WF themed means? I'm still fairly confused about it.

~Zykan~
Post #: 82
6/15/2009 3:39:36   
Reactive

I believe that since the majority of the game seems to be taking place in space, and the Drakel play a large role, that futuristic weapons are "WF" themed.

This link has some information about WF and some pictures, too. Some of the pics have weapons in them so you might want to check it out.

This is just speculation, however.

< Message edited by Reactive -- 6/15/2009 3:44:16 >
Post #: 83
6/15/2009 4:45:11   
Rosett

Well, I've entered, fear my Lazer Targeted Rocket Dagger.
Post #: 84
6/15/2009 5:15:48   
.Shadow//
Legendary Vampire

What does everyone think of mine?

Weapons don't have to be necessarily space themed. There would be many instances in the gameof finding new types of weapons, of all different themes. So go crazy!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
6/15/2009 5:50:16   
Fornever

Shadow, that looks great. I love the colors on it, and the backstory is simple but good.
Rosett, that's really good. I like the backstory the most- good for giggles. Then, the art doesn't look that bad either. The abilities seem really good.

Here's my entry. What do you think?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
6/15/2009 6:12:45   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Check out my entery (post #60) and say what you think.
@Shadow: Hand drawn + color= Great! It's looks like you used the computer for something, even coloring, right?
@Fornover: Love the drawing, but I want some color (but it's hand drawn so I'll forgive you :P), I think that the back story is to long.
@Rosett: Laser Targeted Rocket Dagger? Funny thing, but I like the drawing. Why two specials attacks?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
6/15/2009 6:49:23   
Crimzon5

quote:

Crimzon5: very nice animation, but it could use better art.

Err... heh, my problem here is that I made the images in GIMP, then bitmapped them (rendering the quality), then animated. But yeah, thanks for the feedback :).

Improved lines and slight change to the animation: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1245061267
AQ DF  Post #: 88
6/15/2009 14:28:21   
DragonSlayerNinja

I thought of a good idea (warp flail)
and it seems like alot of people copied me :(

Well any CC on my entry?
post #11 warp flail
AQ  Post #: 89
6/15/2009 16:39:28   
Davosaur

well here is my entry

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16159648

yeah i know it isnt the best

and stan, i know your going to win xD
Post #: 90
6/15/2009 16:48:50   
DragonSlayerNinja

Davyo, omg that was a brilliant animation! can you maby make my weapon into flash and do an animation for it????
that was amazing!
AQ  Post #: 91
6/15/2009 17:05:47   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Okay, this is mine.
I'm not even close to the best at art or animating, so while I tried, it didn't work the way I wanted it too the art is just a guide for the visual description. An imagination helps. (yknow, swing your arm around and imagine energy blades at the end. kinda fun. :P)

Parasitic Dragonfly Saber

lol and yea, davyo, stop being modest. :P

@DD (below)
Your picture is kind of confusing, despite the labels. Perhaps a more detailed visual description would help me understand it better.

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 6/15/2009 17:09:34 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 92
6/15/2009 17:06:09   
Dragonbane Deathsword

alot of people had like 3 wepons.... you can only have 1.
still i havent had any REAL comments about mine...
hmmmmm. how many wepons would a demi cordex count as?
(modifies post)

< Message edited by Dragonbane Deathsword -- 6/15/2009 17:10:06 >
DF MQ  Post #: 93
6/15/2009 17:33:35   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

There is no requirement that you submit only one idea; you may only have one *post*.

I do, however, recommend not overdoing it; concentrating on your best option(s) will prevent them from being lost in a crowd.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
6/15/2009 20:12:11   
Fornever

quote:

I think that the back story is to long.

That's what I get from creating a symbolic weapon, I suppose.
Lord Tomato: I like the art on the weapon, and how you illustrate the attack. Even without animation, it's easy to see what it would look like. The concept of a glove weapon is very nice.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 95
6/15/2009 20:57:11   
dxb105

would it be ok to put more then one link in the page like to a different version of the weapon cuse my first isn't as good as the seconed but i think it would be better to show different versions in the one post

first

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/BCPeachy/Warpblade.jpg

seconed

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/BCPeachy/warpblade2.jpg

would it be ok to put them both in my post
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
6/15/2009 21:41:20   
DragonSlayerNinja

I added a second weapon to my submission, tell me what you guys think.

quote:

Weapon Name Commander Hex's Falchion - Light Weapon - Falchion

Artwork Commander Hex's Falchion drawing

Visual Descriptions This weapon is a falchion that contains several light orbs. When Activated, the orbs emmit a white glow. The orbs are defensive, protecting the blade from the energy of weapons that use lazers. The blade itself is made of Uranium causing powerful blows using gravity. The hilt's insignia shows the great authority that the user has in the ranks of the WarpGuardians.

Backstory When Commander Hex signed up for the WarpGuardian conquests. he thought that the issued weapons were not reliable so he kept his own. His falchion was improved by the smithary of Vince of the Drakel, and was given a Uranium coat from yulgar. This blade has seen many fights and wars on creatures natural... and unnatural.

Special Flavor Abilities This weapons light orbs glow blindingly and the sword levitates and strikes down causing a rip in space. Commander Hex jumps out of the rip to aid you in battle until you log out.
AQ  Post #: 97
6/15/2009 22:08:18   
Argeus the Paladin

My post is more like an everyday Super Robot fanboy and anti-Twilighter rant :))
DF  Post #: 98
6/16/2009 0:56:48   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

Everyone, please remember you may only submit ONE suggestion. For those of you who have submitted multiple suggestions, please choose your favorite and stick to that one. Thanks!

< Message edited by Yagno2000 -- 6/16/2009 3:33:28 >
Post #: 99
6/16/2009 1:00:31   
DragonSlayerNinja

Yango2000

But Aelthai said...
quote:

There is no requirement that you submit only one idea; you may only have one *post*.

I do, however, recommend not overdoing it; concentrating on your best option(s) will prevent them from being lost in a crowd.

If Yango200 is right and Aelthai was wrong, then what do my fellow forumers think i should do... keep my Falchion or Flail?

< Message edited by DragonSlayerNinja -- 6/16/2009 1:12:21 >
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition