Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2009 6:06:21   
Stan

I believe it is the design, not the backstory, that counts. Why? It is the design you see ingame, backstory is only a minimal amount of text you see when buying the weapon, you're looking at the design for the rest of the time you're playing with the thing. I don't like weapons in general, but I did see some entries of which even I thought: Hey, that's a pretty awesome design. And yes, most of those were the weapons you claim are just about Flash skills.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 201
6/22/2009 8:39:31   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Quoted from the rules of the contest:
quote:

Suggestions may include:
Weapon Name
Artwork
Visual Descriptions
Backstory
Special Flavor Abilities
Something else of which the engineers of Armory Unit #2000 might not have thought

quote:

Entries will be judged upon:
Originality/Creativity
Thoroughness
Feasibility
Theme

If you don't have to put artwork, artwork is the most important thing. Also, the backstroy can be creative and original as the artwork, which is important due the rules.
EDIT: After re-thinking, everyone can see that talking on tis isn't the best thing we can talk about. Why we're not moving to andother subject?

< Message edited by oryarniztki -- 6/22/2009 8:42:02 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 202
6/22/2009 8:44:06   
Nathan Explosion

it doesn't matter how well you drew your weapon, because AE is going to re-make it any way. its actually not even judged on the actual picture.
quote:

**Judging**

* Entries will be judged upon:
o Originality/Creativity
o Thoroughness
o Feasibility
o Theme
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 203
6/22/2009 10:43:50   
whos john?

Dragonslayerninja: the top ten list i made up there is based on the artwork. but there's no need to throw a fit about it. i was just to lazy to read through the stories.
DF  Post #: 204
6/22/2009 10:50:58   
Davosaur

quote:

All most EVERYBODY is missing out on the point of the contest.
From what i see, that top 10 list thing posted up there was based on people pictures. THIS IS NOT AN ART CONTEST. it is a contest of creativity and weapon design. May of peoples favorites that i saw were, no offense, but just flash skills, not creative or anything. I hope people realize this before they jump to the people who made good flash.

it almost sounds like you dont want art in here, it is called " =WF= Weapon Art Contest " you know, its the originality put into the art work, and they added other things so all people can enter, many things are considered art..

oh id like to say something about this :
just flash skills, not creative or anything

well umm if you dont have creativity, how are you going to make something new?

im on the top 10 list =DDDD

< Message edited by Davyo -- 6/22/2009 10:51:28 >
Post #: 205
6/22/2009 11:34:00   
jeanshadow

i have an idea for one weapon and one armor,one gun and a red and gray uniform,called space rogue armor

i no see the hour to the game become avaliable to all
Post #: 206
6/22/2009 12:41:31   
DragonSlayerNinja

quote:

it almost sounds like you dont want art in here, it is called " =WF= Weapon Art Contest " you know, its the originality put into the art work, and they added other things so all people can enter, many things are considered art..

Dont get me wrong, i love the art part and i probably wouldnt have entered without being able to create something. But its just that most people have been picking their favorites on their art and not anything else. One of my favorite entries doesnt have any art at all.

quote:

oh id like to say something about this :
just flash skills, not creative or anything

well umm if you dont have creativity, how are you going to make something new?

Well some of the entries were not anything new. I saw some entries that highly resembled other weapons and items. They were able to make something new, but it was not something "new" because its been done before (do you get what i mean).

quote:

Dragonslayerninja: the top ten list i made up there is based on the artwork. but there's no need to throw a fit about it. i was just to lazy to read through the stories.

I wasnt throwing a fit or anything, i didnt know you were just talking about art because you said

quote:

ok so i went through the entries and decided to make a top 10 list.

and when you say you "went through the entries" that means you looked at every piece of art fairly and gave each piece a chance. So it was just a misconception.

Thank you.

AQ  Post #: 207
6/22/2009 13:28:48   
Memory of a Nightmare

It would mean much to me to hear someone's opinion on my entry, not how good or bad it is, but if that person thinks I have a chance of being one of the winners.
Link

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 6/22/2009 13:29:13 >
AQ DF  Post #: 208
6/22/2009 14:00:17   
TW25

@above

I would say you definitely have a chance.
AQ AQW  Post #: 209
6/22/2009 16:14:21   
10power10

i might win i might not but at least i got to participate but odds are i won't win cause i sorta copied the idea for a doom blade so its tecnacly isn't that original and the art work stinks but i might win cause of the back round and all the tie ins
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 210
6/22/2009 21:16:25   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

Okay. So let's settle this debate once and for all. There are very specific criteria for how you will be judged. Here's how it's going to work. Your entries will all be very carefully examined, all details included, and the final criterion for choosing will be: Whichever entry we like the most. :P

This contest is 100% subjective, so if you're looking for precise criteria, I'm sorry to disappoint. And considering the artwork will be recreated from scratch to be used in WarpForce, I don't think the quality of the artwork will be factoring terribly heavily into any decisions made. It's the quality of the *idea* that counts. The artwork will serve as a guideline for how to animate the winning entry.

That said, to all of you who spent the time to craft artwork for submission, thank you! I personally VERY much enjoyed looking at all your artwork; it was marvelous! :)

< Message edited by Yagno2000 -- 6/22/2009 21:17:12 >
Post #: 211
6/22/2009 21:22:01   
Nickwright
Creative!

Perhaps next time Yagno, if you don't want just great art, we shouldn't call this an Art contest =P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
6/22/2009 21:31:14   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

The contest topic said you can submit pretty much whatever you want. If you chose to submit art, that's fantastic. :)

Point is, everyone's entry is being judged equally. No one's entry will be considered any more than anyone else's entry just because of artwork or any other individual reason. If your entry is our favorite (for any reason) then we will choose it as the winner. :p
Post #: 213
6/23/2009 2:26:23   
Memory of a Nightmare

That is very good to hear, many entries are like edited in photoshop and made into flash files and stuff. Everyone should get a chance even if they don't have all the "good"" programs. I handraw my weapons andthen edit them in Paint!

TW25: Thanks, that was also good to hear

< Message edited by Memory of a Nightmare -- 6/23/2009 2:27:48 >
AQ DF  Post #: 214
6/23/2009 10:21:33   
Davosaur

pencil and paper works well, but i dont have much talent with that >___>
then again i- ok ill stop ther =P

i have a pretty good chance though then again might not
Post #: 215
6/23/2009 14:36:46   
kirisakiten

i just was uploading the picture to tiny pic and guess what the message that the compotition is over appiered! =( i would wanna enter but cant
Post #: 216
6/23/2009 14:49:29   
penguin moglin

good luck to everyone
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 217
6/23/2009 18:14:19   
steelsoldier

I also didnīt participate because I was going to have a few exams, oh well I hope there is another weapon contest for this or for another game soon xD
AQ  Post #: 218
6/23/2009 18:33:22   
Mystery Wolf

I get to play warpforce!!!!!!
Post #: 219
6/23/2009 18:42:27   
Toad12345

yo i have worked on my wep using like 10 programs and it still locks like crap any suggestions.
DF MQ  Post #: 220
6/23/2009 18:43:28   
Toad12345

are we allowed to like make a mech/suit/thingama-jig/thingama-bob and wepon
DF MQ  Post #: 221
6/23/2009 19:24:00   
MegaPoster404

Dude, the contest's over.
DF MQ  Post #: 222
6/23/2009 19:34:26   
Toad12345

since when
DF MQ  Post #: 223
6/23/2009 19:35:43   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

yep been over since this last friday to be exact.

Good luck to everyone on their entries, energy and enthusiasm in this contest.

to me, each of you is a winner in your own, for sharing with each other and myself, your talents.
AQW Epic  Post #: 224
6/23/2009 22:42:55   
zanar

my weapon is like a double sided saber sword with metal in the middle and the metal extends into like a triangle thing till the actuall beam starts showing up and on each side of the beal is like a half arch and my ideal colors for it would be red and green energy beams metal is grey at the inside and for the trignle things would be dark grey almost black and the arch things would be a mix of dark blue and dark purple with a hint of green....

special affects would be a stun affect for like 10% chance stun the damage would be green-earth blue-ice/water and other than a stun aother special effect would be like it going up to the villain and having that spin effect like which was it at mechquest the sabermoglin master guy or the master.
these are potential names for the saber national recruit blade, begginer's blade, master's swrd, and cheifs dynamite.
these were my ideas for my weapon i didnt and probably wount link a picture of what i drew because of what the mod of the forums said... but please comment both negative and comments are welcome.....

i hope that a mod could take this into consideration,.. thank you =).
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition