Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2009 21:16:49   
Apocalypse

And Angelo's disappearance is explained. Different than what I planned, but satisfactory all the same.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 226
8/3/2009 22:32:26   
qbsuperstar03

Forgot how to do a horizontal rule to separate two parts of a post. Hehe...

[hr][/hr]

For the rest of the world.
AQ DF  Post #: 227
8/3/2009 22:39:59   
ringulreith

Eh! I'm not ready to pounce on you! At least, I wasn't. Now you've said that... *glances down at sword*

Oh, and you've gotten the pillar placement wrong. Its earth->light->energy->ice->wind->darkness->water->fahr. Get it right! (or else... *glances down at sword again*)

< Message edited by ont -- 8/3/2009 23:38:51 >
Post #: 228
8/3/2009 23:53:47   
qbsuperstar03

Oh...I have a diagram from last year that says it's the mirror. In other words, going clockwise from the North end, I have Earth, Fire, Water, Dark, Wind, Ice, Energy, Light.

Or, if it helps, Cryoface is looking towards the center of the arena as he's making the placement calls. The way I have it, if you're coming in from the Light gate, Earth is on your left, and Energy is on your right, for example. In Cryoface's case, Energy is to his immediate left, followed by Light, and Wind is to his right.
AQ DF  Post #: 229
8/4/2009 0:05:20   
TormentedDragon

North - Earth
Northeast - Fire
East - Water
Southeast - Darkness
South - Wind
Southwest - Ice
West - Energy
Northwest - Light

That is the placement of each pillar.

By the way qb... Roman is now a wolf. I have to wonder how Cryoface can recognize him when he was human in Sky arena.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 230
8/4/2009 0:12:34   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Do I have to dig up the old diagram DW had? Because I will, if you lot can't agree. *grrr*
AQ  Post #: 231
8/4/2009 7:39:00   
ringulreith

N-no, i... It's okay. Okay! *whimpers*
Post #: 232
8/4/2009 8:13:38   
Geddesmck

Posted, hope it's alright.

Since he was a runner up, I didn't give Zenz anything new and infact he has none of his armour. Also, his healing was perfect, as evidenced by the bruise and scar.
AQ DF  Post #: 233
8/4/2009 9:55:12   
qbsuperstar03

A very good objection, indeed, TD. As usual, I'm not reading everyone's intros enough. TL;DR syndrome all over again. I need to get over this... >_< Let's just say that Cryoface heard the announcement of "Roman the Firewolf," and recognized the name from Sky.

You'll have to forgive me...I've been waking up to screams and yelling in the morning recently as Dad's condition worsens. Not going to say what that condition is here, though, as that would derail the conversation. It's not helping that my baby brother is going through his rebellious phase, either.
AQ DF  Post #: 234
8/4/2009 11:39:35   
Guardian of Nekops

Post will be up this day without fail, depending on your timezone.

I have two other things to say, while I am posting here. First off, congratulations to all my fellow finalists, but especially Apocalypse. Your need to pull out early this year is disheartening, I know, but I appreciate you doing it... that's a move that will make the whole of the Finals go more smoothly. And hey, you took Earth, and that's no mean achievement.

Secondly, and in a related vein; Geddesmck, you may have entered in as a runner-up, but you hold the title of Champion for Earth now. That's a position with considerable prestige, and the fact that Apocalypse held it first this year does not make you unworthy of it. I expect you to be in the fight, breaking heads with the best of us. You still have it in you to pry the Champion's Crown from our cold, dead fingers, and I want to see your best shot at doing so.
AQ  Post #: 235
8/4/2009 12:11:24   
TormentedDragon

Aye, recognizing the name will pass muster.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 236
8/4/2009 15:32:06   
Apocalypse

GoN: Thank you for that. It was a move that I wanted to avoid...but this just builds up the pressure for me next year. After all, in my first year here, I took the title of Champion of Earth. Next year, I'm going to try to aim a bit higher than that...

And you won't believe what I have planned for next year. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 237
8/4/2009 16:36:27   
ringulreith

Lol, GoN, I think you've done a good job of scaring away most of the would-be earth competitors.

Edit: GoN, hurry up so we can start ripping each other apart!

< Message edited by ont -- 8/4/2009 18:17:32 >
Post #: 238
8/4/2009 21:58:55   
Apocalypse

*Throws hammer at ont*

Gee, this year looks really good. I don't know who I should be rooting for(character wise). Hope that you guys don't fail to deliver.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 239
8/4/2009 22:13:35   
ringulreith

Hey! What'd I do?

You should be rooting for earth. (Get it?)

Though if you want to cheer for the people most likely to win, you should be supporting Kel/TD/Krey/GoN.

< Message edited by ont -- 8/4/2009 22:15:39 >
Post #: 240
8/5/2009 9:42:59   
Guardian of Nekops

Post is up. Sorry for the delay.
AQ  Post #: 241
8/5/2009 12:52:44   
TormentedDragon

h'okay! So'h!

I didn't put quick-reference secondary physical description for reference's sake in my original bio, so, now that I've given some IC clues... here you are.

Yes, the wolf is the size of small bear. Black Bear. I DID say it was big beforehand. And it's crimson... for the most part. The paws are actually more along the lines of orange, and the tip of the tail is golden, and the tail is also streaked with gold. Of course, paws and tail are on fire, usually, so...

Right around the shoulders, where the fur is rather more thick and bushy than elsewhere, is color similar to the paws, and his underside is golden, like the tail. So he's predominately a crimson wolf, but not exclusively. That is all.

edit: Also, the talking thing he does is not telepathy, or anything like that. His voice just speaks into the ear of whoever he's aiming the words at. Given a wolf's lack of vocal cords...

er...

Don't examine this too closely. Alternatively, A Wizard Did It.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 8/5/2009 12:56:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 242
8/5/2009 16:58:39   
ringulreith

Lack of vocal cords? I do disagree, and as a wolf enthusiast find it somewhat offensive that you would think so. Wolves do indeed have vocal cords (and beautiful voices with them too!).
Post #: 243
8/5/2009 17:26:03   
TormentedDragon

*thwaps* You know what I meant.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 244
8/5/2009 20:57:45   
Krey

I's posted. No action yet, because well... It's more or less a travel post.

Since Grey is heading for the Light Pillar, and avoiding the center, I couldn't very well arrive in one post. Even if he went straight down the middle, that's a long ways to go in one post. So, over the course of my post, he is passing first by the Wind, then the Ice, and then the Energy Pillars en route to the Light Pillar.

Obviously, anyone can attack him on his way. He would then, of course, stop and retaliate, engaging in combat.

IF, in the next round of posts (Or if posts from the first three pillars are slow in response), nobody attacks Grey, he will arrive at the Light Pillar.

Also, as noted in the post, he is traveling roughly midway between the center of the arena, and the pillars. So he is keeping a fair distance from them on his way to Light, so that he can react if anyone attacks. So you DON'T have an unprepared victim. :P heh.
AQ  Post #: 245
8/5/2009 21:44:49   
qbsuperstar03

If you have to ask why I'm occasionally mixing verb tenses in a paragraph (or in the case of my last post, the first sentence), it's because I'm trying to break the habit of writing in the past tense and instead write in the present tense, as I have learned that many find it to be a more engaging, and therefore entertaining writing form.

I know I really should have been practicing this writing form before entering the tournament, but I take the approach that I'll get this monkey off my back easier if I have something to gain by it.

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/5/2009 21:45:56 >
AQ DF  Post #: 246
8/5/2009 23:04:34   
ringulreith

Post coming tomorrow. Just a heads up.
Post #: 247
8/5/2009 23:18:22   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

And so it starts in earnest, with all the arrival crap done with. Mehehe. Best try your best to make my decisions hellishly frustrating.
AQ  Post #: 248
8/6/2009 21:30:37   
qbsuperstar03

Kell, exactly how big and how fast would that attack Elian launched at Cryoface be? I'm having a hard time deciding how to reply to your attack, so I'd like these details.
AQ DF  Post #: 249
8/6/2009 21:36:35   
ringulreith

Posted. Blaze is currently headed towards the center of the arena.

As to how much light he drew from the pillar, I'd put it at about 10 liters of light, if light could be measured like that. But the light would be more powerful than normal light, since it's coming from the light pillar. Ronin, correct me if I'm wrong about that last statement.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition