Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/6/2009 21:39:33   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

It's a ball of condensed wind about the size of the softball, it's moving about the speed of an arrow from a bow.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 251
8/6/2009 21:52:54   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Post is up. I am slightly disappointed at myself. With Idle Deaths in mind I had to force this post out. Don't worry though, soon some inspirational idea will come and then you'll all be in trouble! I hope. <.<
Post #: 252
8/6/2009 22:14:23   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Okay, so...I do prefer that this gets brought up early and someone is upfront enough about it to ask in the OOC, so here goes. There's two issues here, or rather aspects, as issues sounds a bit harsh for the first but seriously fits for the second.

1. The Pillars represent a source of raw materials. This has been done before, and often, and is allowable because hey, its convenient and its also practically expected. These raw materials themselves, however they are gained (Earth and Energy get somewhat interestingly odd here), they are not empowered in any way. Water is just water, no different than if it came from a flask or from Fountain. Mundane and unempowered raw materials. There's nothing wrong with that in moderation and when done in a manner that isn't abusable. (Selah, last year, would have quite the pointed example of way too abusable a concept had she made the Finals.)

2. The Pillars *have* been a source of empowerment before. This is acceptable to a point...but automatically classifies as "pushing it". Done artfully, creatively, and with innovative is less blatant, perhaps, as a concept of an offense but the entire temptation and aspect is a ridiculous source of potential meta-gaming as well as a potential slight against the higher powers that are involved. After all, its supposed to be your character fighting to prove themselves, not your character channeling the higher powers themselves. Its why the ArchBeing format was squashed like a cockroach between two solid steel plates several thousand times until even the smear of goo was an atom thick.

Point being, be careful trying to use the second manner. I'll let it happen, but its not easy to perform it to benefit you as much during the judging aspects as it may the IC situation.
AQ  Post #: 253
8/7/2009 13:04:33   
ringulreith

Ronin, I'm confused about that second point. Are you refering to using the pillars as a power source? Also, if that is so, have I done it too much?
Post #: 254
8/7/2009 16:14:18   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Its rather clearly stated that way, ont. After all, there are otherwise NO outside sources that can provide additional power, barring an alliance that has competitors working in concert on the same effect. Power should come from the character, but since borrowing power on top of raw material from the Pillars has been done before, its not outright outlawed.

As for whether or not what you've done is too much and might reflect Judgements, that is for you to figure out. It isn't too much that I have squashed you like the aforementioned cockroach immediately, after all.
AQ  Post #: 255
8/7/2009 17:10:08   
Geddesmck

Just to clarify: Zenz hasn't fired the rock towards Galvian yet, he's just pulled it from the ground at the end of my post.
AQ DF  Post #: 256
8/7/2009 17:38:04   
xaxtoo

Finals Powers Ranking:
(Based off the same criteria as before)

TormentedDragon -- Roman
qbsuperstar03 -- Cyroface
Krey -- Jonathan Grey
ont -- Blaze
Kellehendros -- Elian
Geddesmck -- Zenz
Guardian of Nekops -- Tel’rion
Clyde -- Galvian
AQ  Post #: 257
8/7/2009 17:58:44   
omf

I'd put Galvian higher up. He was able to create a thunderstorm in the Sky Arena rather easily.
AQ  Post #: 258
8/7/2009 18:09:31   
TormentedDragon

With the help of a pre-existing cloud.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 259
8/7/2009 18:11:23   
xaxtoo

Galvian is a very scary and very blue children's snuggle toy.
AQ  Post #: 260
8/7/2009 19:35:15   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Reminder: First cut happens at noon tomorrow. After that, the 11th.
AQ  Post #: 261
8/7/2009 20:52:33   
ringulreith

Thanks Ronin. Erk, when I find my flash drive I'll change it to something else... *mumbles about lost flash drive*
Post #: 262
8/8/2009 0:21:04   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Post is up. Hopefully this will make things more exciting for the readers since Earth vs Energy doesn't really seem all that exciting.

and @omf: Nah, it's ok. Besides it's alright, I'm just glad to at least be on the list at all. :P Underdogs rule!1!!

Post #: 263
8/8/2009 8:17:22   
Geddesmck

Assuming Zenz got hit by one of the first two energy bolts, how much damage would it do? Would it simply stun or temporarily disable him, or would it leave electrical burns and send him flying backwards?

I'm not wrong in thinking that the third bolt should be enough to kill Zenz am I?
AQ DF  Post #: 264
8/8/2009 12:11:56   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Cut Time

Let me preface this...I'm not entirely pleased with the decision I have reached. It is a surprise, and not welcome or pleasant one, to have to cut this competitor right out of the gate. I know they are capable of far better, and even displayed some of that potential in the dropoffs compared to some of the glaring detractions that have lead me to this decision. Excuses, sadly, are cheap and while I have suspicions on some of the possible reasons, its not enough to ultimately balance against the results of the shakedown following the Intro post period within the Finals.

Not to mention the competitor is also, ironically, my boss now. Sorry, Kell, but most of the drive, energy, and outright quality of your posts just seemed to vanish compared to what you had during the dropoffs period. They feel rushed and, though your latest post before the Cut wire was better, your second and third posts are almost as if you didn't (or, as I suspect, outright couldn't) get the time to proofread them. Its not just a few small grammar issues either, but some glaringly odd ones, which were totally unexpected. My apologies on a personal level, but professionally...its what needs to be done.
AQ  Post #: 265
8/8/2009 13:10:16   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Ah, unfortunate, especially for Gedd, who was sweating bullets on IRC when he told me that the cut was announced. *Grins.* Still, there's always next year.

My final post will be made once QB responds to my latest post.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 266
8/8/2009 14:15:22   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Just a reminder:

A normal Cut/Purge - the RPer retains full rights to make a withdrawal or retreat ICly and leave with dignity and lifeforce intact...if they wish. Certainly viable that they can desire to have their character slain if they want, though Death Carries Consequences as usual.

An Idle Purge - the RPer forfeits such rights as outlined above, though if they post prior to any of the remaining competitors posting and dispatching the character in question, respect that they did manage to get a post in after their Idle period and treat it as reclaiming their rights as per an otherwise normal Cut/Purge.
AQ  Post #: 267
8/8/2009 14:23:03   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Spite isn't Elian's style. I withdraw, good luck to the remaining contestants.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 268
8/8/2009 14:44:10   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

@Geddesmck: Let's go with the 1-10-100 Rule. :P

quote:

This rule states that 1mA of current through the human body can be felt, 10mA of current is sufficient to make muscles contract to the point where you cannot let go of a power source, and 100mA is sufficient to stop the heart.
The first two bolts I would say are over 1, but is also under 10. If that makes sense. Basically it's enough to hurt you, but not stun or disable you.

And whether or not the last bolt is able to kill you depends on your move Geddesmck. You're grounded no? Depending on how you work the situation the worst you could probably get is a temp. stun of some body part.

Hope this helps.
Post #: 269
8/8/2009 17:59:14   
TormentedDragon

Roman's new course takes him AWAY from the arena's edge, though he is still headed in a general direction of south. He has no intention of charging the champion of Salt head-on.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 270
8/8/2009 19:16:03   
ringulreith

Sorry for the delay everybody. My aunt just arived, and she's staying in my room, so I don't have as much computer time. Post will be up today, I promice.

As sad as I am to see Kel go, that does bring my competition down to 6 people. Oh, just a heads up, my post will be in present-tense, QB has done it and it seems pretty cool, so I'm going to give it a shot!

Edit: Ug... The post was really short, but I had nothing much to work with. That aside, writing in the present tense is really fun, yall should try it some time. I'll try to expand on the post, but I really don't have much to work with.

< Message edited by ont -- 8/8/2009 19:44:37 >
Post #: 271
8/8/2009 19:52:57   
Krey

Ont, question for ye!

Is he swinging at Grey, or Grey's shadow feint, which is still there?
AQ  Post #: 272
8/8/2009 20:37:57   
ringulreith

Aiming at Grey.
Post #: 273
8/8/2009 20:58:39   
Krey

Hm... crap. Another question I have to ask. Which way is Blaze swinging from? Left or right? Answer in your character's perspective, since that'd be simpler for you, and I can translate it to Grey's perspective easily enough.
AQ  Post #: 274
8/8/2009 21:19:10   
ringulreith

Swinging from left to right.

Edit: I will be gone for 30 minutes, instauling Ubuntu on my computer via Wubi. Cya!

< Message edited by ont -- 8/8/2009 21:37:26 >
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition