Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2009 22:42:52   
Krey

/me posts.

The dome is... Well, about the distance from Grey to just shy of Blaze in radius. It was almost instantly that it actually engulfed him, and it grew swiftly after that. Grey is moving backwards the entire time that he builds the shadow, so its size depends upon how long Blaze would allow him to build it before breaching the shadow. At its peak, if allowed to reach that size, it'd be about ten feet in radius and in height, and Grey would have gotten just a bit further than that away.

If you DO enter the shadow, it will stop growing. You will also not be able to see.
AQ  Post #: 276
8/9/2009 22:22:59   
ringulreith

I will be revising some posts, then I will post a new one. Just a heads up.
Post #: 277
8/10/2009 3:16:32   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Posted. I'm having WAY to much fun with this character. If he does survive then I will use him in other RPs. :P

Anyways, the next move is yours Ged. >:]
Post #: 278
8/10/2009 7:29:35   
Geddesmck

I'm slightly confused. Did you hit Zenz's sword or did you aim and preapare to blast it? Also, you made no attempt to avoid Zenz's imminent attack:

quote:

The moment he was almost within striking range he prepared a lunge directed at the Chiat’s stomach.

^The last words of my previous post. So... was Galvian speaking as Zenz approached rather than when they were close? It's not going to cause to much of a problem either way, but I need to know so I can get my post up.
AQ DF  Post #: 279
8/10/2009 14:03:50   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Eh whoops.

1. He did not "hit" your sword automatically, that would be bunnying. He did attempt to hit your sword since it is metal.

2. While I did not mention your attack now that I have taken a look at it three times I just don't see a person dashing through the sand in a few seconds to come that close in contact. Sand being one of the hardest things to run it, most likely takes twice the effort of and more of the time.

3. No Galvian wasn't approaching him.

I guess I can fix my post to add in Zenz approaching him, but I don't think he'll make it to striking distance. >.>

< Message edited by Clyde -- 8/10/2009 14:04:50 >
Post #: 280
8/10/2009 17:54:25   
Geddesmck

Not completely sure I agree with how hard moving over sand would be, although I agree Zenz moved further than might be realistic in my last post.

Will post at some point tomorrow.
AQ DF  Post #: 281
8/10/2009 19:47:19   
ringulreith

Okay, second post updated. Just for reference, the light Blaze drew out of his reserve is not much, enough for a small spell at most.

I will keep everybody updated on the updates as they come. A post should be up tonight.

Edit: Latest post revised. It should be better now. New post will be coming soon(ish).

< Message edited by ont -- 8/10/2009 20:25:39 >
Post #: 282
8/11/2009 1:07:50   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Erm...ont? Your revisions are *massively* problematic for a variety of reasons. When you first mentioned revisions, even I had merely thought you were going back to the Light Pillar event that brought up my concerns initially. A small mechanical change that was discussed here in the OOC for other RPers reference that needed to eventually get the appropriate edit to the post where it had cropped up.

Edits...tend to be to fix things right afterwards, either by catching a glaring grammatical oversight or by altering a mechanical issue of combat after discussion post-facto via the OOC. This is typical and, on the whole, allowed because they are minor. Your revisions? They've turned the posts into a presentation that is FAR DIFFERENT than what has been graded and accepted for basis of Finals competition. Mechanically, the same actions are taken, so its not like you are metagaming the *action* portion of the combat RP itself. However...revising in the manner you have done? Especially when I can catch it explicitly rather than potentially miss the timing of edits during the mass of posts needing grading in the dropoffs...its a rather big deal and poses a MAJOR problem. Effectively, your post quality *now* is far different than your post quality *then*, and timing matters given the idle rules. This is an *unprecedented* situation, I hope you realize that.

Its possible to get the same polished nature of your revised posts by taking the time and effort to proofread and expand upon them *when* you go to make the post. Despite my notes, and they are quite copious let me assure you, I still do wind up going back to reread all the posts to make a second impression outside of the notes. I don't have a No Edits rule because, really, its typically understood that minor things sometimes do need changing because of OOC information not available at the time. Otherwise, the posts are set in stone, and its not *just* applicable to the mechanical basis.

Desist from any further edits to this degree for the rest of the competition. I won't outright purge you...as I've said, this is unprecedented. Yet you're posts to this point will be graded solely upon the notes I have taken to this point. Each post up to this point will no longer count for a 'second' read-through, which acts as a sort of safety net on the decision making process on quality basis. This may or may not prove to be detrimental to your chances at winning. This does assume that, after I am capable of thinking upon it in detail, that I am not forced to disqualify you for violating the spirit of the competition. I do not want to, at least not without thinking upon the issue more than a snap judgement rant (like above), but that possibility does remain.

If you can restore the original versions of each post, this will no longer apply. At that point, I am willing to forgive and forget that the issue ever technically existed...but you can be sure next year will find a blatantly explicit rule that forever keeps this unprecedented issue from cropping up again.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/11/2009 1:23:13 >
AQ  Post #: 283
8/11/2009 7:26:39   
qbsuperstar03

Waiting on Krey to respond to my arrow. Now, Cryoface is firing from between the Ice and Wind Pillars (but is still closer to the former), so this is a rather hard shot when taking distance alone into account. Add in the fact that Cryoface probably can't see into the dome from where he is, and you have an attack that will most likely miss and get the Darkness Champion's attention and nothing more.

Of course, whether the arrow hits is entirely up to the defender, so I never know...
AQ DF  Post #: 284
8/11/2009 8:37:19   
Geddesmck

Posted

Just to make it completely clear, the penultimate paragraph hasn't happened, it's an explanation of what will happen if Glavian is caught by the attack.

EDIT: Zenz attack is like a sinkhole suddenly appearing under Galvian. It's not quicksand. To put it simply, he's removing the sand beneath Galvian's feet.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 8/11/2009 10:02:08 >
AQ DF  Post #: 285
8/11/2009 9:35:00   
Krey

Out of courtesy, I've been waiting for Ont to post. However, considering that today is a cut, and I've been waiting for... two and a half days, now, I'm not going to wait anymore. Expect a post from me before the cut.
AQ  Post #: 286
8/11/2009 9:44:33   
Guardian of Nekops

Posted and whatnot.
AQ  Post #: 287
8/11/2009 10:24:47   
ringulreith

Sorry everybody (especially Krey)! I'm writing out my post right now!

Ronin, sorry for what I did. *cowers* I will try my best to put the posts back to how they were... After I post!

*scurries away to type*
Post #: 288
8/11/2009 10:35:46   
Krey

...In that case, I will wait, rather than post something that is likely to cause conflict.

I retract my claim. I will get something up by noon if at all possible, considering new information.
AQ  Post #: 289
8/11/2009 10:53:09   
ringulreith

Post up!
Post #: 290
8/11/2009 11:55:33   
Krey

And posted!

The edges of the shadowy dome are solid. And getting harder by the moment. And if pierced, the solid shadows will move in to fill the hole. At first, the hardness is akin to solid wood. It quickly progresses to the strength of plate armor, and only gets harder from there.

Also, a note... there's plenty of air in there. You're not likely to have trouble breathing for a little bit, unless you have breathing problems already.

< Message edited by Krey -- 8/11/2009 12:13:15 >
AQ  Post #: 291
8/11/2009 12:14:42   
ringulreith

And here I was thinking you were feeding on my shadow...

Oh, and the part where I said it was disipating was a reference to you saying it turned into a myst, not a description of the shadow's action when it got attacked. What happens to the shadow as a result of Blaze's attack is entirely up to you.

Just one question. How would the dome react if it came in contanct with light (light magic) from the inside?
Post #: 292
8/11/2009 12:31:37   
Krey

...You know what? You're right. >.> Aren't I an idiot.

Oh well, it falls within Grey's character to reuse something he'd just let go of just the same... and to totally forget he'd let go of it. He's done some stupid things, this EC.

Anyways, as for light... it depends on how much. If you focus a powerful beam of light on one spot, before the thing has reached the strength of plate armor? You'd probably punch through. Of course, the wall would start filling the hole in again pretty quick anyways. Not instantly, but quickly. Also, it depends on how focused, how much power, etc. A narrow beam of superfocused light would punch through it even after it's hardened quite a bit. But then, you're not gonna fit through a hole that small. A wide beam, say, a foot in diameter, would require quite a bit of power to actually punch through one it's hit plate hardness.

If you just let out a blast of light magic? You might eat at some of the shadows INSIDE, but you wouldn't affect the outer shell itself. And since it blocks off all outside light, the shadows would simply come back after it faded. Since the dome is actively maintained by Jon, a utility light producing spell would be mostly swallowed up.

< Message edited by Krey -- 8/11/2009 12:34:54 >
AQ  Post #: 293
8/11/2009 13:01:32   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

See, the other problem about this entire issue is that it came on the eve of a cut day. A cut that is now an hour overdue given my continued deliberations. *grumble*

Edit:

You know what? As much as I'm being lenient with regards to this issue, there is one noticeably telling fact about this entire issue that's wound up deciding the cut. Its not the edits themselves, but in combination with the original post quality, the fact is you nearly held up a competitor to an idle deadline. One that was known to be waiting on you. That's not kosher to the spirit of competition, and the original post quality wasn't really helping your favor. Sorry, ont, but I'm...winding up cutting you anyway. I hope next year your promising potential will better shine. It just...wound up getting snuffed this year.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/11/2009 13:16:48 >
AQ  Post #: 294
8/11/2009 13:41:26   
ringulreith

Sorry again, Ronin. Better luck next year, I guess. I think part of the problem was my aunt ariving, which cut away most, if not all, of my computer time. Well, good luck to all, and may the best competetor win! Really, I wasn't expecting to get far, I'm glad I even made it this far.

Seeing that Blaze is already in a hard situation, go ahead, Krey, take the kill. I thank you, and from Spike, Mirai and Xaxtoo, for a wonderful experience! I have learned much in this RP, and will use my newfound knowledge in laters forays into the RP world!

I will be back next year, I will promice you that, with a new character and a bit more experience. I'll continue to watch, so yall better make it fun to read!

Post #: 295
8/11/2009 14:05:50   
qbsuperstar03

Heck, you took 7th. Don't get down on yourself for surviving as long as you have.

You managed to get accepted.
You somehow survived the dropoffs and advanced to the Finals.
You outlasted Kellehendros, Ronin's boss.

That's pretty damn impressive.
AQ DF  Post #: 296
8/11/2009 14:08:09   
TormentedDragon

Aaaaand posted.

As a note to all, I, too, am going on a trip. I leave tomorrow, come back on Monday. I WILL have internet access, but I won't be on NEARLY as often as I usually am.

I'll still be checking this OOC fairly regularly and of course my PM inbox.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 297
8/11/2009 14:15:06   
Krey

Actually, I hadn't announced the trip here. Ronin does know about it.

I'll be leaving Friday. And, as I found out last night, the plan is to stay at a place where I will have no internet. This was not part of the initial plan.

I WILL be trying to get online in my absence. However, I have talked it out with Ronin, and if I can't get online, understand that an idle death is likely. But, just the same, I will try to get online in that period. I won't be back til Monday. So... yeah. We'll see how it goes.
AQ  Post #: 298
8/11/2009 14:38:18   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I appreciate the fact that you are taking this decision with good graces, ont. For that matter, QB is rather right, its still an accomplishment regardless.

As for TD and Krey, yes they both have informed me of their developments, and yes as stated they have been warned of idle.
AQ  Post #: 299
8/11/2009 14:54:51   
Krey

I will hold off until QB posts... within reason.
AQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition