Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2009 15:38:12   
ringulreith

*smiles* Thanks for the complements, guys! It's just sad to see all this ital death potential.
Post #: 301
8/12/2009 10:53:40   
Geddesmck

Posted.

As usual, perfectly happy to answer any questions or address any concerns.
AQ DF  Post #: 302
8/12/2009 15:14:35   
qbsuperstar03

Go for it, Krey. I has +1 post count.
AQ DF  Post #: 303
8/12/2009 22:53:55   
Krey

And posted. Blaze has come to a rather painful end. Grey has been hit, and is now targeting Cryoface with deadly intent.
AQ  Post #: 304
8/13/2009 18:42:24   
qbsuperstar03

Posted. If Grey attacks, Cryoface will respond with the Iceball that took him the turn I just used to prepare. (I thought a turn to prep was only fair due to Cryoface's transformation of this spell from the battle attack it was originally intended as into what he does with it now as an instant frozen surface.)

Of course, as stated in the post, the effects of the spell on a porous area such as the sands of the Arena are still untested. I was thinking, however, of letting the water soak into the sand before it froze instead of just icing over what is most likely an uneven surface, leading to a less expansive area of what is effectively conjured ice than usual (maybe 15 feet in radius instead of 20?).

However, if people are in the area being targeted, there could be consequences...
AQ DF  Post #: 305
8/13/2009 23:24:34   
Krey

Grey attacked, but I wasn't sure if you wanted me to enact the effects of your attack in my own post... and I'd rather not bunny it anyways. So I leave it to you. Also, there is not likely to be anything Grey can do to stop the described effect. How he will react to it... I'm not sure. <.< heh. And won't be until I make a response regarding it.
AQ  Post #: 306
8/14/2009 3:24:37   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Posted. 3AM w0000t. Believe it or not this was the top idea in my head. I thought about running, but that gets tiring and boring for the viewers.

I expect many a question from Ged.
Post #: 307
8/14/2009 7:49:11   
Guardian of Nekops

Post is up.

All fear the power of Tel'rion's belt!
AQ  Post #: 308
8/14/2009 11:44:01   
qbsuperstar03

I was considering releasing the attack at the start of my next post (something along the lines of "Oh crap, better get this off now"), and I see you have taken advantage of the opening, Krey.

Time to pay as soon as I get some food in me and get the creative juices flowing (you have NO IDEA how hard it is to get some people up in the morning...).
AQ DF  Post #: 309
8/14/2009 14:19:24   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

*eyes Krey* Hmm...

*eyes Geddesmck* Hrmm...

*eyes TormentedDragon* Hmph...

Cut day has crept upon us again, and as usual, I'm faced with a not-so-easy decision. Even the unfortunate cut last Purge Day wasn't easy, even if the whole scenario might have otherwise dictated things more heavily than I would have preferred.

Qb, Cryoface just isn't a luck charm for you in the Finals. Sorry man, though I do appreciate the nod to consistency that isn't much seen by a majority of the high-tier usuals of the Old Blood.
AQ  Post #: 310
8/14/2009 14:29:41   
Mr.Pumpkin

Wait, you're cutting qb?
Post #: 311
8/14/2009 14:44:23   
qbsuperstar03

Scheiss on a stick...I went from 5th last year to 6th this year.

Last post will come either today or tomorrow. I did have Cryoface have a do-or-die approach this year, and it looks like he'll go the die route. Iceball is coming, but the attack from the shadows is going to turn him into the "ice chest" you guys in #archipelago yucked about last time around. >_>

Edit: Post is up. And with that, Cryoface is no more.

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/14/2009 15:11:57 >
AQ DF  Post #: 312
8/14/2009 16:24:28   
omf

R.I.P Cyroface. I really liked him too DX
AQ  Post #: 313
8/14/2009 17:16:48   
ringulreith

Bye bye Cryoface. Good fight, QB. Better luck next year, eh?
Post #: 314
8/16/2009 0:54:58   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

There seems to be some confusion about location Ged. Based on TD's locations in this post here:
quote:

North - Earth
Northeast - Fire
East - Water
Southeast - Darkness
South - Wind
Southwest - Ice
West - Energy
Northwest - Light

That is the placement of each pillar.
Galvian started out behind his pillar. Since Zenz engaged the fight, he backed up, etc, etc. Anyways from the way I see it; currently Galvian has his back to his pillar and is facing South. We're outside the ring of pillars just a few feet off of the Energy and Ice pillars, in between them. IIRC the sinkhole is in-front of him and you're facing South as well right? You say you move backwards in a straight line back to your Earth pillar.

Now the only way I see that happening successfully is if you're facing Southeast and backup through both pillars. Leading yourself right by your Earth pillar in the area within the ring of pillars. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm just trying to get this right. If I am wrong then it looks like I've been looking at things all upside down. XD
Post #: 315
8/16/2009 10:50:58   
Geddesmck

*Brain dies*

Wha...

Seriously, all I meant was that Zenz was going a short distance directly backwards, since he had pretty much moved in a straight line from the Earth Pillar to the current position (moving slightly, but not enough to cause a big difference). The way I see it, Zenz passed very close, but in front, of the Light and Energy pillars, then kept going forward, eventually facing Galvain. In my mind Zenz had been facing south-west since the battle begun and more in line with the circle of pillars than outside it.

*Doodles a diagram* Yeah... that's pretty much how I see it. Although, if it causes a problem for you, I'll just remove the line about going back towarards the Earth Pillar and say he went directly north.

< Message edited by Geddesmck -- 8/16/2009 10:53:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 316
8/16/2009 21:03:43   
qbsuperstar03

ont: That's what I thought after last year's 5th place finish. DX

Maybe I was up against superior opposition this time around, but the fact that TD and GoN didn't come up in the announcement saying that I got cut tells me that as long as those two are around, I'll never hit the jackpot unless I get a serious skill boost.
AQ DF  Post #: 317
8/16/2009 21:25:34   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

TD did, but that's hardly revealing everything I have in hand, now is it?
AQ  Post #: 318
8/16/2009 23:08:28   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Posted. Decide to just roll with it Ged.

Not my best move(if there ever were such a thing), but it's better than nothing. :P

<.< >.> Edited my post, kind of forgot to add that part with the tunnel caves in. Since I wrote the ending and worked my way up I sorta messed up the beginning.

< Message edited by Clyde -- 8/16/2009 23:13:19 >
Post #: 319
8/16/2009 23:38:15   
ringulreith

Ah... If only Phork was here... *looks at crimson glass bowl* Oh, he would've filled it up with the most delicious chiat soup ever, I'm sure!

< Message edited by ont -- 8/16/2009 23:58:49 >
Post #: 320
8/16/2009 23:45:58   
TormentedDragon

Phork.

And yeah, just because Ronin eyed those three names speculatively doesn't mean those three names were on the chopping block. I have no knowing of what the hell Ronin was thinking.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 321
8/17/2009 0:04:46   
ringulreith

Bah. Fork, Phork, Forck, it's all the same.
Ronin... What're you up to?

QB, at least you didn't finish 7th... Or eighth, for that matter.
Post #: 322
8/17/2009 8:30:14   
Guardian of Nekops

Also, those you beat you triumphed over without idle cuts, unlike last year. You're getting better, QB, not worse.
AQ  Post #: 323
8/17/2009 9:23:29   
Apocalypse

GoN:

quote:

not a spike as he had expected but three dull gay shards

Unusually happy shards, are they?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 324
8/17/2009 9:42:00   
Guardian of Nekops

Oh yes. Ecstatic, they are.

*fixes*
AQ  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 13 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition