Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2009 12:37:14   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Yes, there will be a separate thread for each arena.

Boo, hiss, low turnout. Recruit more, indeed!

Intended as a placeholder for app processing, though today is not shaping up to be a very friendly day for it. So if this doesn't update-in-full till tomorrow with an edit, you've been warned.
AQ  Post #: 76
7/9/2009 0:00:30   
Voltar

Yes! Yes, I've got it!

Name: Zoth Mauk
Element: Fire
Class: Pyromancer
Abilities: He wears Obsidian gauntlets which can shapeshift into most anything he wants in about two seconds. Zoth's armor restricts flexibility and speed. He is fairly strong. He can also use some of the more advanced fire spells, including:

-Scorch: Sends a jet of fire towards his enemy. Usually meant to burn armor, weapons, or people. Channeled through either gauntlet.
-Spear: Sends a helix of flame towards his enemy. Meant to cause minor burns or to stagger the opponent. Channeled through either gauntlet.
-Beam(s): Shoots one or two beams of fire towards the enemy. Meant to pierce armor or intimidate. Channeled through two horizontal slits in Zoth's helm where his eyes should be.
-Inferno: Sends a large blast of fire towards the enemy. Meant to devour people in flames. Channeled through four vertical slits in his helm where his mouth should be.
-MystykFyre: Zoth explodes, killing him and all sentient beings within a twelve-foot radius. Meant to kill as many opponents as possible. Channeled through all parts of his body.

Vital Statistics:

-Height: 7 ft. 8 in.
-Weight: Extremely heavy

Appearance:

-Layer 1: Body- Extremely Muscular.
-Layer 2: Fire- Fire that will not conduct. Not conduct meaning that if you stuck your arm in the fire, only the part that you actually stuck into the fire will ignite. The rest of your body will still feel intense heat, though.
-Layer 3: Armor- A helm made of black steel covers his face, with four vertical slits for the mouth and two vertical slits for the eyes. A black steel cuirass is chained to his torso. Black boots cover his legs up to his knees. His Obsidian gauntlets cover his fingers up to his elbow.

That's Zoth! Any questions can be PMed to me at any time.

< Message edited by Voltar -- 7/9/2009 15:08:26 >
DF MQ  Post #: 77
7/9/2009 18:15:45   
qbsuperstar03

Dunno about auto-killing everyone within a certain radius...sounds awfully like forcing damage to me, which generally isn't allowed. I like the idea of a self-destructive attack, however, but 7'8" is getting around to "tallest living human" at that point. (I believe the tallest human recorded had a height of just under 9 feet at death.)

Keep working on it, though, because it sounds really interesting.
AQ DF  Post #: 78
7/9/2009 18:52:40   
Voltar

Well, obviously, I'm not going to be using MystykFyre that much. I know it's a little bit overpowered, but hey, we all have certain powers that, shall I say, blur the lines? :r
DF MQ  Post #: 79
7/9/2009 19:08:53   
ringulreith

I do somewhat agree with Qbsuperstar. Instantly killing everybody in a 12-feet radius is a bit much... For example, in the finals, usually when there are only 3 or 4 champions left, they are not very far from each other, so you could use mystic fire to kill all remaining champions, then win, because, technically, you are the victor, since you killed them. Perhaps you should do another ability, that, while not killing everybody around you and yourself, does heavy/moderate damage to both your oponent(s) and yourself.
Post #: 80
7/9/2009 20:40:54   
Voltar

There'd be no point in killing the rest of the champions, because no one would win- MystykFyre kills me to, remember?

And despite what you may think, there is a point behind MystykFyre, although it is a point I will not reveal.
DF MQ  Post #: 81
7/9/2009 21:53:52   
Cheeseliker

Name: Gub
Element of Participation: Wind
Class, if applicable: Goblin Mercenary
Weaponry and Abilities: Wears magically light chainmail so he can move quickly.

Uses the wind to move quickly and hop around making himself an extremely agile melee fighter.

Carries two silver magical swords crossed on his back. When wielding both swords, he can twirl them around on his hands, activating a certain power which creates a tornado. This tornado is quite small unless he concentrates for several minutes. If he doesn't wait, he can create a tornado about 10 feet in diameter. It begins around him, with him at the eye, but he can direct it elsewhere if he concentrates. If he doesn't concentrate and he is no longer at the center, it will move randomly. The force of the tornado is not nearly powerful enough to send creatures flying, but it can whisk away weapons or things being held or on one's person if they are not careful. The tornado also affects vision, especially if it is close, and if the ground is dirt, sand or something similar, it will whisk it up into it's whirling wind, thus possibly causing more problems for those caught within.

Gub also carries three knives on his left side, and another knife and a hatchet on the other. He can use the wind to direct these with precision and skill, though he must concentrate and so, can only manipulate one or two weapons at a time. The more maneuvering that a weapon requires(say, trying to direct a knife through someone's strong defense), the less he can concentrate on other things.

Gub also wears two modified gloves. The first, on his left, has two holes on the top, where blades come out four inches past his knuckles. These blades are thin, but strong and can hold their own against a sword. On his right, there are two holes on the wrist just below the palm. From here, Gub can fire two darts, each dipped with a fatigue poison that will slowly drain the energy of whoever is struck.

Gub is not your average goblin.
<Edit in a link to your first post here, since that is where you ought to be describing your character>

Vital Statistics: height: 4'2'', weight 80 lbs, obviously short but muscular for his size.

Secondary physical description for also reference's sake: Small green goblin carrying many weapons and many scars.

Background: I may fill this in later, I may not. Oh well.

Here he is, the one and only goblin mercenary of many years, Gub.

I...erm...carrying an arsenal, much? Aside from that kneejerk comment, I suppose this is fine. Lots of magical/unconventional/customized equipment, but it fits with a mercenary. Approved, but don't make that arsenal make me regret it. ~Ronin

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/12/2009 15:10:38 >
AQ  Post #: 82
7/9/2009 22:59:16   
Voltar

Meh. Who needs Zoth when they have Thorian? (In other words, scratch Zoth. I'll use an assassin, instead)

Name: Thorian
Element: Darkness
Class: Assassin
Abilities/Spells:

-Invisibility: Thorian envelopes himself in shadow, making himself invisible. This spell greatly fatigues him while in affect.
-Shroud: Conjures a magical blindfold over his enemy's eyes. This spell fatigues him as well, but not as much as Invisibility.
-Smoke: Conjures a cloud of smoke, used to help Thorian escape sticky situations. This spell fatigues him depending on the size of the cloud.
-Shadow Stasis: Creates a black stasis field around an enemy. This immobilizes his foe. Fatigues him even more than Invisibility.
-Teleportation: Allows Thorian to instantly travel to anywhere within his field of vision. Thorian gets fatigued depending on distance, and has been known to collapse at long distances.

Vital Statistics:

-Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
-Weight: 164 lb.

Appearance:

-Thorian's face is obscured by a black cowl. This same black leather covers the rest of his body, and is fairly durable but fairly light; he can travel fast and stay protected. His armor is covered with grey symbols that suggest mediocore training in the dark arts. When he preforms magic, these runes glow orange, and glow brighter to the extent of his magic. He wears a belt that carries most of his equipment (described below).

Weapons/equipment:

-Ripper: A silver shortsword strapped on his back, running from his left hip to his right shoulder.
-Jabber: Another silver shortsword, running from his right hip to his left shoulder.
-Rosethorn: A dagger with Dark Arts runes on the blades, sheathed on Thorian's belt.
-Throwing knives: Three small throwing knives, all sheathed on his belt.

Sorry for any inconvenience/confusion!!!

I'm really wary about this one. A "perfect" invisibility, immobilizer, and LoS teleportation. Yes, they are all "fatiguing" abilities, but its...ill-defined at best. Not to mention Shroud's effect...apparently just shows up on the foe's eyes? No time-to-impact dodge attempt or such? I hope you can understand why I am hesitant on this, and why I'm going to ask for more detailed clarifications. Conditionally Approved. ~Ronin

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/12/2009 15:20:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 83
7/9/2009 23:01:33   
qbsuperstar03

Hey, Cheese. I see you're ready for another run this year. That's good, because we're coming down to the wire and still have about 3 accepted people in each element.

Also, thank you for not picking Ice. :D
AQ DF  Post #: 84
7/10/2009 17:57:18   
Mirai

Cheese- just a thought, do you mind if I make a brief reference in one of my posts to my character (Kalen) having learnt some knife skills under an old character of yours (Ferin)?
AQ  Post #: 85
7/11/2009 9:02:43   
Elnaith

Hm, looks like I'l have a hard time in Darkness.. Should've kept up my RP skills, I guess.
AQ DF  Post #: 86
7/11/2009 14:40:18   
Cheeseliker

That's fine Mirai, in fact, thats pretty cool. Next time, just ask me in a pm though, so we don't clutter up the EC ooc.
AQ  Post #: 87
7/11/2009 20:28:22   
Voltar

What'll Ronin do if we can't get enough contestants?

Pure numbers, there's already "enough". And, without going and counting back at the moment, I believe at least 2 per element. So there won't be any auto-advancements to my knowledge, barring dropouts during Dropoffs. The number of arenas used is variable, mind, so I can just elect not to use one of the four from last year if need be. ~Ronin

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/12/2009 15:22:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 88
7/11/2009 20:31:41   
Frozt

@Voltar: He'll clone himself enough times, and then participate himself... O.o /joke
I think he has a plan... A secret one... Shhh...
Dont tell... ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
7/11/2009 21:16:35   
omf

Ronin, I don't know if you want me to add the info I sent to you via PM to my bio or not, so do I wait for you to reply or what?
AQ  Post #: 90
7/11/2009 21:50:30   
ringulreith

Meh, forget Blaze. I've got a fairy mage for you people to deal with... Here goes:

Name: Stellarina "Stella" Starlight
Element of Participation: Light
Class, if applicable: Fairy Mage
Any abilities that require elaboration:

• Light Manipulation -- change the path of light, how it reflects off things, change the amount of light, the type (colour/transparency), the concintration.
  • Light Magic -- Shaping light, creating light, giving light commands, healing, allowing light to apply pressure, gathering light, concintrating light, creating magical barriers of light
  • Light Solidification -- Making light solid. It takes on a resilient, gold-coloured form.
  • enchanting -- Enchanting things to obtain qualities of light, letting things store light and light spells, non-elemental enchantments such as lowering weight of things, increasing copasity, or increasing durability

<Edit in a link to your first post here, since that is where you ought to be describing your character>

(Optional from this point on)
Vital Statistics: 60CM tall, weighs 1KG
Weaponry: will be described in entry post
Secondary physical description: Standing at about sixty centimetres, Stella is quite tall for a fairy. Her hair, running down to her waist, starts off as a dark red, and gradually turns into a bright reddish orange, the colour of a sunset. She has cheerful velvety black eyes, a short nose, and a well rounded, flamboyant bright face.
Background: Will be revealed in first post. :p

Well, what are you stairing at me for? Hurry along!

I...erm...what? Okay, you want me to go through a second character of yours to get it to an approvable state? Have you no sympathy for the Director? That aside...yeah, TD has had some sage advice regarding this already, and for good reason. With your short-phrase elaborations...I get the inkling of full capacity for potentially "perfect" visual illusion, healing, magic barriers, physical barriers, and a multitude of enchantments. How does Light as an element have a weight-reducing effect, or a durability effect? I'd expect them out of Wind and Earth, respectively. And..."copasity"? I know not that word nor its meaning. Methinks you are trying to have everything at access, and its seriously coming across as expert in such, as you define no relative skill or potential with any of it. There's ALOT of problems otherwise, so much in fact, that this qualifies for Denied status. ~Ronin

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/12/2009 15:44:13 >
Post #: 91
7/11/2009 22:02:12   
Cheeseliker

So....she has no abilities?
AQ  Post #: 92
7/11/2009 22:23:50   
ringulreith

Uh, yes she does... She's a mage. But I'm pretty sure the part you were referencing was the "any abilities that require elaboration", and their is nothing that requires elaboration.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/11/2009 22:25:45 >
Post #: 93
7/11/2009 22:35:57   
Sir Inge

Like I yhave been told...Be careful when you say none. Any doubt in your head should be posted, because what may seem okay to you, may seem op or unbeleivable to the forum.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/11/2009 22:38:43   
ringulreith

I know... But she really doesn't have much "special" abilities, and I have seen everything I have in store for her done before.

Edit: We should stop cluttering the thread about her. I shall do any changes required when the Ronin says so.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/11/2009 22:42:37 >
Post #: 95
7/11/2009 23:07:10   
TormentedDragon

I shall speak, here, as a tutor, as someone who knows the motivation behind that rule, and as someone who is partly responsible for that rule being in place (that last isn't a good thing). Ont, ANY ability requires elaboration. If your mage can shoot lightbeams, you need to say that your mage can shoot lightbeams.

You might want to take a look at, for example, these two posts: one for Kenzoku and one for Flame Master Axel.

You'll notice a similarity: they didn't adequately explain what their characters could do. Ont, your bio is even less so. You don't even mention anything about what your character can do.

The intent of "abilities requiring explanation" is not for you to explain abilities that you think might be borderline. It's for you describe what it is your character is capable of.

While you might not be the kind of person who will make stuff up as you go, this is insurance. You aren't going to get your bio approved without explaining what your capable of in some fashion.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
7/11/2009 23:40:25   
ringulreith

Okay, there we go. But seriously, didn't you know that by the mage title? But I understand your concern. Should I put up a list of invintory? I didn't do it because it would take a lot of room to describe everything, and some background/history.
Post #: 97
7/12/2009 0:08:38   
TormentedDragon

No, no I didn't know that by the mage title. A light mage could sear you with sunrays, manipulate light so as to turn invisible, or summon creatures of light, or just make things sparkle. I didn't know you could enchant, or make things out of light.

I don't know what making things out of light means, I don't know how far your light manipulation extends, I don't know what your enchanting abilities mean. Do you mean enchanting weapons with light-based effects, or enchanting a rock so it shines really brightly? What exactly IS light magic? What do you mean by light manipulation? What kinds of things can I expect from such a character?

Honestly... this seems like a bad move. Your Blaze character is already approved. This Stella character is likely to get flat out denied without some serious elaboration.

You know, elaboration, as in, abilities that require it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
7/12/2009 0:44:09   
ringulreith

That enough elaboration for you? And the reason I don't want to use blaze is because I'm really bored of that character type. So I wanted to try something new.
Post #: 99
7/12/2009 2:32:31   
The Extinguisher

quote:

Hm, looks like I'l have a hard time in Darkness.. Should've kept up my RP skills, I guess.

I know what you mean. I'm so screwed. I've haven't done this since last year.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 4 of 15«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition