Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2009 16:23:23   
Mr.Pumpkin

That's a shame, as I seem to have not been assigned an arena.

La dee dah...

I KNEW one of the PM clarification Approvals slipped my mind. Read my PM given other situations and your choice because of them. ~Ronin

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 7/15/2009 20:12:24 >
Post #: 176
7/30/2009 19:10:48   
Varin

Unfortunately, my internet has been down since July 10th. It just came back today. I default. Maybe next year. :(
Post #: 177
8/1/2009 17:31:00   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

While I agonize and get entirely too frustrated over certain elements, I figure I might as well go ahead and post those other elements whose Finalists have been, so to speak, finalized.

Light - I had two great New Blood competitors in here, as well as an historically strong competitor of Old Blood. Overall, this element lived to 'shine'...groan away at the pun...and it wasn't an entirely easy decision. However, a decision was indeed made. Ont, you will be proceeding to the Finals.

Ice - This element came down to process of elimination, sadly, because it was making some great competition to decide between out of the gate. With Recar being non-present, and Bee having to withdraw due to service...QB, you will be proceeding to the Finals.

Water - Good competition that, before the start, looked like it would be amazing competition. One RPer stands head and shoulders above the rest, but then again, he is scarily getting this down to a near art form. To the point where I might worry were we both competitors again. GoN, you will be proceeding to the Finals. Don't expect any room to slack off, though. You should know better.

Earth - Here was a great chance for pure competition among New Blood, and it didn't disappoint. We had competitors put it all on the line, and competitors who were artistic in practice of putting their actions to words. I'll be keeping this a surprise for a bit longer.

Darkness - I think, even more depressing than what turned out with Ice, this element saw the worst detriment of the Idle and the Resignations during the actual Dropoffs period. I feel conflicted here, because I do not think certain members of the competition could get enough in to really get to shine given the pace the Idle dragged this down towards. In the end, the Old Blood here stayed consistent and managed to prove themselves, though I almost wish I could introduce a duel scenario to give someone a valid shot without Idle and such keeping them from getting enough in to change my mind. Krey, you will be proceeding to the Finals.

Fire - This element agonizes me. The last time xaxtoo and TD came in the same element of contention, it agonized me. This is NOT an easy decision, as it is dead close. You guys get to wait and cool your heels just awhile longer as well, and the primary reason I don't have full selections quite yet.

Energy - To be fully honest, this element turned a bit messy to judge given circumstances beyond most folks knowledge. However, New Blood has come to surprise me, in a manner, and I do have a selection here. Clyde, you will be proceeding to the Finals.

Wind - The final element, and only final because I went by the same listing from the original post. This element was another fun element to judge, and that made it no less close. I daresay it would have been even more interesting had Kuro not been forced to drop for outside reasons. However, as with all elements, a Finalist does need to be chosen. Kellehendros, you will be proceeding to the Finals.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/1/2009 17:49:39 >
AQ  Post #: 178
8/1/2009 18:58:51   
The Extinguisher

So just Water and Fire left?

Congrats to everyone who did make it to the finals. Good luck.
Post #: 179
8/1/2009 19:02:27   
Geddesmck

Earth and Fire actually, GoN is the water finalist. :)

Purely because I've seen more of TD's RPing (the AK-hood also helps) I'm rooting for TD for Fire.
AQ DF  Post #: 180
8/1/2009 19:26:21   
The Extinguisher

Bleh. Twice today I have proved I cannot read.
Post #: 181
8/1/2009 19:27:30   
omf

Crossing my fingers >.<
AQ  Post #: 182
8/1/2009 19:42:20   
ringulreith

I'm... Really happy, and in mild shock... I... I... No, somebody pinch me...

Heh. Poor Deehee, though. secondd year in a row not making it to the finals. I see QB has also made it...

For fire, I'm rooting for Xax. Partly because I want to get revenge (*glares at xax*), and partly 'cause I don't want to get incinerated.

Good luck to all!

< Message edited by ont -- 8/1/2009 20:23:42 >
Post #: 183
8/1/2009 19:53:55   
Apocalypse

@omf: Good luck to you, despite being my rival in this particular situation.(And good job on the posts, they were fun to read)

Ronin, you're killing me with the suspense!

And congratulations to all the made it the Finals so far. It's been a pleasure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 184
8/1/2009 19:56:05   
ringulreith

I agree with Apocalyps, the suspense is killing me!

Ronin, can I count on the finals arena on being exactly the same as before? I want to get working on my entry post so that it is of good quality.
Post #: 185
8/1/2009 20:06:09   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

TD and Apocalypse, you will be advancing to the Finals.

Despite every other manner possible, I did indeed wind up performing a best of three series of coin flips for Fire. Don't make me regret that, TD.

@ont: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Finals Arena will be posted tomorrow in preparation, and Finals will start on Monday proper. It has not changed an iota.
AQ  Post #: 186
8/1/2009 20:26:49   
omf

Well, I lose with dignity and grace then. I'll just have to try harder next year!
AQ  Post #: 187
8/1/2009 20:55:23   
Apocalypse

@omf: Man, I really thought you had it for a while. The whole kinetic manipulation was a genius stroke unto itself, but the way your performed it was extraordinary.

Well, gotta make a name for myself this year. Let's see how it turns out.

EDIT:

Ronin: I just learned that I am going to be gone for a week, from August 9th until the 15th. I can assure you that I won't gone for any other period of time that would prevent posting, but I am not accustomed to the EC and need to know how this will affect things as a whole.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 8/1/2009 21:00:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 188
8/1/2009 21:01:49   
omf

Thanks Apoc. I'm still reading through the other arenas [I was waiting for the whole thing to end first] and I can't wait to see what you had. Sad to see you're leaving though, I was looking forward to seeing you in the championships D:
AQ  Post #: 189
8/1/2009 21:04:24   
Apocalypse

I won't be gone for the whole thing, just that week. I will be here for this week, and any other weeks that Finals take place.(How long do they go?)

I need to know how my one-week absence will affect the EC. Hopefully, I can still participate, though this depends on how things go.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 190
8/1/2009 21:22:23   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

A week holds at least two cuts. As it stands right now, that would be the 2nd and 3rd cut of the EC on the 11th and the 14th. This...is a rather large problem.

For those who may have forgotten, Finals operates with the first cut after 5 days and subsequent cuts every 3 days afterwards.
AQ  Post #: 191
8/1/2009 21:23:04   
demonhunter

*Accepts defeat graciously*

Congratulations to those of you who made it. Lisa will return to the EC in two years time.
AQ DF  Post #: 192
8/1/2009 21:28:15   
Apocalypse

And I doubt the EC could "take a break" for a week while I'm away...

Hmmmmm, and a laptop wouldn't work, as I would be in the middle of nowhere. With no internet connection. :(

I'll see what I can do. Maybe something can be done.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 8/1/2009 21:29:01 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 193
8/1/2009 21:33:16   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

The only way the EC could feasibly be paused for any length of time would be if ALL Finalists agree to such ahead of time. I am not about to have it get paused only for everyone to slack off and not post once the pause is up. There have been issues enough given Idle this year, and they've already caused problems. In the Finals, a great deal matters on the momentum, and such a break...is likely to kill the momentum and adversely affect the quality.

Yet, if the Finalists all wish to acquiesce to a break in the middle to accommodate you, I'll step aside and allow it. They all, however, need to agree.
AQ  Post #: 194
8/1/2009 21:34:25   
qbsuperstar03

I was thinking it was going to be easier than last time to get to the Finals this year, and while I would have rather out-written my competitors instead of RL drama intervening, achievement unlocked. One down, six to go. (Six being the number of eliminations I'd have to survive.)

Beebote, Recar, I'm sad that you guys had to bow out. As I set out to do, though, I'm going to make Ice proud. Hell, I got 5th last year on a second-string appearance, but with GoN and TD to contend with, this will not be easy to win for anyone.
AQ DF  Post #: 195
8/1/2009 21:37:02   
Apocalypse

:(

I would hate to ask everyone to put everything at a standstill just for me, so I'll continue to explore other methods to post that week. Maybe, with a little luck(heck, I'll need a freaking bathtub of the stuff), I can find a way. Some way, some how.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 196
8/1/2009 22:17:59   
ringulreith

@Deehee: in 2 years? How about next year...

@Apocalyps: Good luck with it. I know you'll need it.
Post #: 197
8/1/2009 23:14:58   
demonhunter

Next year's my fire character, ont :P
AQ DF  Post #: 198
8/1/2009 23:21:28   
2009light

Good job and good luck to all the Finalists out there!

I'm going to read and follow along to see who makes it on top this year.
AQ DF  Post #: 199
8/1/2009 23:24:57   
qbsuperstar03

Win or lose, Cryoface is not coming back for thirds next year. Let's say that a friend told him, "You're insane to enter that tournament even once, but twice in a row is just stone cold crazy."

Cookie for anyone that gets the metal reference in the second part of that sentence. :)
AQ DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition