Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2009 0:15:13   
xaxtoo

Congrats everyone,

Make the finals good and don't do anything stupid.
AQ  Post #: 201
8/2/2009 0:58:06   
TormentedDragon

Illustrious company indeed.

xaxtoo, sorry you lost by dint of coin toss.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 202
8/2/2009 4:18:08   
DWeird

Now you know the feeling! :D

Good luck to all the finalists!
Post #: 203
8/2/2009 5:32:52   
Mirai

Congratulations to all the finalists- particularly to Clyde as a fellow energy competitor, and to Ont as the only representative of spike arena. Best of luck both!
AQ  Post #: 204
8/2/2009 13:38:32   
Apocalypse

There's nothing for me to do so that I can post in the week I'm away.

I would like to know if everyone would be willing to halt the EC for that week. If you don't, then that's fine. It just means that I'll write off Angelo somehow before I go.(Granted that he survives that long) He'll probably forfeit unless someone kills him first.

So that's that...and...forgot what I was supposed to say. Oh well. See in the championship!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 205
8/2/2009 15:39:45   
qbsuperstar03

Just curious, Apocalypse, but where the heck are you going where you won't have Internet for a whole week?

Grandparent's house? An Amish village? Inquiring minds want to know.
AQ DF  Post #: 206
8/2/2009 15:59:28   
Apocalypse

Camp. Specically, a camp in the middle of the woods. With bears. And no electricity for the campers. Just stones to create fire to fend off the bears. And the other campers.

EDIT: You see, the reason why I didn't bring this up earlier is because I didn't think I was going. My family had been planning a week vacation to places near home, but one thing led to another...and now I'm back to going to camp. It's a good place and all, just no internet connection whatsoever.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 8/2/2009 16:11:28 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 207
8/2/2009 17:19:05   
ringulreith

On a totally unrelated note, I just realized there are no female finalists this year.
Post #: 208
8/2/2009 20:41:26   
damselindigital

I would suggest that you may want to consider handing it over to your runner up then Apocalypse, if things don't halt and you have such a critical gap in your availability. The EC's worst enemy that I've seen is that of idle and availability deaths. Handing the reigns over to someone who could be around would not only serve your fellow elemental user, but will also make the finals themselves of higher quality. A cut that is not a cut but instead an idle death serves no one really at all.
AQ  Post #: 209
8/2/2009 21:38:32   
Cheeseliker

I think Damsel's idea is a good one. You still have the honor of making it to Finals, but since you'll be gone so long, why not give someone else a chance?

On another note, All I have to say in response to the announcement of finalists is, congrats to all and at least I got to kill someone.
AQ  Post #: 210
8/2/2009 23:01:39   
Apocalypse

damsel: I'll take that then.

Ronin: Allow the runner-up to take my place then. The announcer could say that Angelo has mysteriousy disappeared. If I may have permission, I would like to post a little thing in the finals dedicated to explaining Angelo's absence.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 211
8/2/2009 23:31:54   
xaxtoo

Fire was great this year, let's just hope that every finals cut is agonizing as the decision that went into deciding the fire champion.

Yea DW, this year was my turn to lose at the coins :D
But you know it's not that bad, since it's a loss from fate.
AQ  Post #: 212
8/3/2009 13:07:10   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hoping to get a post up today when Finals kick off, otherwise I won't be posting until Wednesday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 213
8/3/2009 14:24:43   
qbsuperstar03

I second Damsel's motion to hand the reins to whoever Apocalypse beat out this year.

It's always a little depressing when you find out that there has been an idle death. It means less competition for everyone, and thus less fun.

Edit: Plus, I'm sure that the runner-up will try to make the most of this opportunity. I know I did last year. ;)

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 8/3/2009 14:25:38 >
AQ DF  Post #: 214
8/3/2009 14:47:43   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Given that Apoc ceded, Geddesmck will be taking his place as runner up. Yes, the official has mentioned 'reasons', because they would never claim someone could truly disappear from the Lords themselves in the choosing...but otherwise, you may run with that single explanatory post however you wish, Apoc.

May the Finals begin, and my apologies for not having this up quite at noon like I had hoped to do.

E: Nonfinalists may now finish up in their respective arenas if they so choose. This means finishing any combats, if they wish, or merely getting out of dodge or seeking attendance by the local arena Order of Hospitallers.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/3/2009 14:53:03 >
AQ  Post #: 215
8/3/2009 15:01:51   
omf

Anyone in Sky interested in finishing up our fights?
AQ  Post #: 216
8/3/2009 15:26:14   
Geddesmck

Well, this is a pleasant surprise it must be said. I've actually been quite badly ill since Friday, but I should be capable of posting. Sorry that I never congratulated you Apocalypse and sorry that you have to miss out. I'll try to make the most of this oppurtunity.
AQ DF  Post #: 217
8/3/2009 15:30:53   
ringulreith

May the bloodshed begin!
Post #: 218
8/3/2009 16:45:32   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

My post is up.

Ronin, for your in formation, the Stand remains the same, except now once it ends instead of feeling like he's run ten miles full-out in plate armor carrying a horse up a hill, now it's more like running five miles full-out in plate armor carrying a small child.

Edit: Yeah, I still don't really plan on using the Stand in anything but a one on one duel, and I doubt I'll use it twice.

Also, a note, I'll be gone on Tuesday, so no responses till Wednesday.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 8/3/2009 16:48:58 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 219
8/3/2009 17:29:28   
ringulreith

Post up. It's a bit long, I know, but bare with me here.
Post #: 220
8/3/2009 18:03:18   
Apocalypse

Good luck to all and have a good time. My explanatory post will be up later tonight.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 221
8/3/2009 18:11:57   
xaxtoo

I would encourage everyone in the finals to hop onto irc.
There's directions fo accessing irc on the forums under irc help. Once you're on join the channel #archipelago.

Of course even if you're not in the finals, you're welcome too, since it's a great place to learn and just chill in the company of other rpers.

As this is an open invitation, please be respectful once you're on. Thanks.
AQ  Post #: 222
8/3/2009 18:39:35   
Frozt

Good luck to all the finalists... :D
I hope this years finals will be just as memorable as the years before... :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 223
8/3/2009 20:34:03   
Geddesmck

#archipelago, of course!

I spent the last couple of days trying to remember the name of that channel. Thanks Xaxtoo.
AQ DF  Post #: 224
8/3/2009 20:37:31   
TormentedDragon

Intro done. Now we just need the other 5 people to intro and then I can burn you all.

FAHR!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2009= OOC Thread
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition