Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= A Final Mystery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2009 16:25:20   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

But why the clue relating to ichor and grave dust then?

To tell us that the symbols stand in for letters.

READ PLEASE SO YOU DON'T ASK STUPID QUESTIONS! :)

First two lines. The letters I give the characters are arbitrary, the alphabet in order, based on order of appearance in the puzzle. Numbers are given to characters of possible punctuation, although THIS IS NOT A GUIDELINE, THEY COULD BE LETTERS IN THE END. The complicated character thing at the end of each line I treated as a SPACE.

spoiler:

abcdfg ce hid jkblambnd1
c ko hid ikfdec pqdde nkbodrrk rdcakeq2 c jbchd hm rmq abmo

Yes, It appears that 'c' is either "I" or "A". And It also appears that 'hid' might be "THE"
But those are simply preliminary guesses. Further bulletins as events warrant. (Always wanted to use that line.. hehehe)

AQ MQ  Post #: 626
7/7/2009 16:44:15   
Shawshank Redeemed

Just like all the suggestions, I could be completely wrong, but what if those symbols/letters don't actually mean anything? That the whole grave thing is either a Red Herring or a piece of info for a puzzle later on. My suggestion is that it looks a lot like ascii art. There are areas where the symbols are more bunched together than usual, and areas where they're more separated than normal. Another theory is that maybe by taking out a specific symbol or by leaving only a specific symbol you'll get get a message, or picture. Or maybe a mix of the ascii art theory and symbol elimination theory. As for if it's a language it reminds me of the Labyrinth myth for some reason. Maybe writing on the walls inside the Labyrinth or the language it was originally written in..
AQ  Post #: 627
7/7/2009 17:01:21   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Zooming in revealed no discernable ASCII chars.

The current 5 lines:
spoiler:

abcdfg ce hid jkblambnd1
c ko hid ikfdec pqdde nkbodrrk rdcakeq2 c jbchd hm rmq abmo
hid nmrf gqbaknd ma ikfde nrmhidf ce sdrsdh prknledgg1
lbmhdnhdf abmo hid bdf gqe3g gnmbnicet rctih ma ikhd kef ketdb2
c3o kabkaf hikh hid nkqgd amb ou jbchcet cg emh nkgqkr2

Looking at this, with 'c', 'ko' and 'c3o' and other clues, 'c'='I', 'k'='A' , 'o'='M', and '3'='''(apostrophe).

Does anyone want to help to turn the characters into english letters using my system? It is very time consuming, and I could use the help/checking.

EDIT: Peculiar though, If 'o'= 'M', then 'u' must equal 'E', in which case there are too few 'E's in the puzzle... hmmmm....
EDIT2: or it could equal 'Y' which makes much more sense.!!!

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 7/7/2009 17:13:17 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 628
7/7/2009 17:15:24   
Shawshank Redeemed

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant that it looks like ascii art, in how there are a bunch of seemingly random and unordered letters/symbols but when looked at as a whole instead of individually it seems that there are patterns in it. Not that there are actually ascii characters. Also to be a little clearer, I don't mean the ascii art that is an outline of the shape, and nothing else. I mean the ascii artwork that is hidden withing blocks of text(Or in this case symbols), sort of like how the color blindness test pictures work.
AQ  Post #: 629
7/7/2009 17:28:23   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Following a whim of the Hadeni, I am making good progress. However if people could help and translate the passage using my system it could go faster. ;)
AQ MQ  Post #: 630
7/7/2009 17:30:31   
AeroX

Looking at the puzzle, I noticed that this character appears more often that most other characters. If this was to be translated in English, then, wouldn't that character be a common letter or a grammatical symbol?

Remember, this is just my theory on the picture.

EDIT: Found something a bit interesting. My brother noticed these characters could mean apostrophies and commas. (I'm talking about the small characters in the picture. If you don't know which is which, I suggest that you should learn grammar again.)

< Message edited by AeroX -- 7/7/2009 17:36:24 >
AQ  Post #: 631
7/7/2009 17:34:58   
stromy

We think that we've cracked the code. answer should be gotten "shortly".

< Message edited by stromy -- 7/7/2009 17:40:06 >
AQ DF  Post #: 632
7/7/2009 17:38:03   
AeroX

Well, we must first wait till an answer is released. lordtomato's idea looks probable on the puzzle, but as always, we'll have to wait for an answer.
AQ  Post #: 633
7/7/2009 17:38:06   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I have the key, but it would help if I had people helping to convert the symbols to the english alphabet/numbers using my system.

It is in fact simple substitution, and my previous assumptions are correct. I gave you guys a clue, work it out for yourselves, A pen and paper may help transcribe symbols.

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 7/7/2009 17:53:31 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 634
7/7/2009 17:58:09   
Nex del Vida

Dunno if anyone's noticed this, but Fal says "t'bet" in his intro. That could be a mutation of "Tibet." Even if this is the case, though, I don't know how it would help.
AQ  Post #: 635
7/7/2009 19:32:13   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Completed (pretty much). Whew, that took a while. I understand the hand puzzle has been solved too! :D Great work guys!

spoiler:

FRIENDS IN THE WARPFORCE,
I AM THE HADENI QUEEN CARMELLA LEIFANU, I WRITE TO YOU FROM
THE COLD SURFACE OF HADEN CLOTHED IN VELVET BLACKNESS.
PROTECTED FROM THE RED SUN’S SCORCHING LIGHT OF HATE AND ANGER,
I’M AFRAID THAT THE CAUSE FOR MY WRITING IS NOT CASUAL.
YOU HAVE LEARNED MUCH RECENTLY IN YOUR STUDIES, YES?
WELL MUCH OF IT MAY BE A GRAVE DUPLICITY!
BEWARE THE DECEPTION OF HAVEN AND THE LORD OF TERROR.
TRUTHS ON WHICH YOU MAY RELY ARE THESE:
LORD TERROR SERVES MONEY ABOVE ALL THINGS. HIS SECOND IN
STRENGTH IS THE SERPENTINE VAX.
VAX IS AN UNDEAD KROO’ATHRI. BUT NOT LIKE US OR THE NEKRON’S.
HIS FEAST IS THE LIFE BLOOD.
TERROR IS NEITHER A SERVITOR OF THE AUTARCH’S, NOR OF THE
NETWORK, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE HE IS STILL YOUR ENEMY!
THE EXOS ARE CRUSTACEAN LIKE CREATURES THAT WANDER SPACE IN
LIVING SHIPS GROWN AND NOT MADE. THEIR LEADER IS THE AUTARCH
NAASERIA.
THE NEKRONS ARE MANUFACTURED UNDEAD; THEY ARE CREATED BY THE
MYSTERIOUS NECROMANCER, THE AUTARCH, DARK MADDER IN HER BID FOR
SUPREMACY. SHE HAS TAKEN MY OWN PLANET AND ITS TWIN PURGOS.
THE DARK MACHINE LIVES AS YOU DO. DO NOT LET THEIR
MECHANSTIC ORIGIN CONFUSE YOU. THEY SERVE z29k WHO IS THE
AUTARCH OF OMNUS.
JARIK Z’KAA THE AUTARCH OF THE ZIRRIX, SERVES ITS CONTINUANCE BY CORRUPTING LIFE. Z’KAA’S ABOMINATIONS ARE NEITHER UNDEAD, AS THE NEKRONS AND HADENI, NOR ALIVE AS THE NORMAL BIOTICS, BUT IN A STATE SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT FROM EITHER CLASSIFICATION.
THEY ARE CONTAGION GIVEN SENTIENCE.
I SHALL VISIT AT MY EARLIEST CONVENIENCE THERE IS SOME ACTIVITY OF THE NETWORK NEAR THE WORLD OF COREN. SHERIDAN’S NOTE: I DO NOT BELIEVE HER MAJESTY HAS MAN[Y] TERMS SPELLED CORRECTLY: SHE UTILIZES AN ANCIENT ROYAL CONVENTIONS.

EDIT: I leave it in this format. According to Falerin, the conventional upper and lower cases are not different in this symbol code.
EDIT2: Fixed punctuations.
EDIT3: Thanks IRC guys for help!

PS yay!

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 7/7/2009 19:45:52 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 636
7/7/2009 19:37:24   
Karika

Monoalphabetic letter substitution?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 637
7/7/2009 19:41:10   
stromy

monoalphabetic, bijective substitution, yes.
AQ DF  Post #: 638
7/7/2009 19:44:20   
Lkeas

We have solved the dreaded hand cipher! There were a lot of what Nick and I called "anomalies" to get there, but eventually we brute forced our way through it. Here's how it goes:

spoiler:

Step 1: Translate the sign language into numbers:
79777968 778487 8370758971 8477 714881 87488268656589787674 8477 678479707890827469

Step 2: Translate the numbers into ASCII:
OMOD MTW SFKYG TM G0Q W0RDAAYNLJ TM CTOFNZRTE

At this point we find the first anomalies. The zeroes should actually be N's. The ASCII code for N is 78, the code for 0 is 48. An easy typo when using the 10-key numpad. Eldron also made a correction to the second "TM." So the true code is:

OMOD MTW SFKYG TM GNQ WNRDAAYNLJ GQ CTOFNZRJE

Step 3: A modified Trithemius cipher, which is what we used to solve the braille cipher a while back. But instead of shifting once per letter, it shifts twice.... for the most part. Again, there are anomalies in the key. A perfect Trithemius key would look like this:

aceg ikm oqsuw ya ceg ikmoqsuwya ce gikmoqsuw

But the anomalous key turned out to be such:

aceg ikm oqsux za ceg ijmoqrtvxz bd fhjknprtu

Which gives us this cipher text:
OKKX EJK EPSEJ UM EJK OEFPKJFSOK FN XMFVAKAQK

Step 4: Simple letter substitution. The final plaintext is as follows:
SEEK THE TRUTH IN THE STOREHOUSE OF KNOWLEDGE

Finally, we can put this baby to rest!

< Message edited by Lkeas -- 7/7/2009 21:05:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 639
7/7/2009 19:44:45   
Nickwright
Creative!

Ugh finally, Great job Lkeas, we were sweating for a bit, I'd thought you'd cry =P

^5s
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 640
7/7/2009 19:45:12   
stromy

I keep telling you Lkeas... STEAK!!!
AQ DF  Post #: 641
7/7/2009 20:16:32   
Randomnity

Storehouse of Intelligible Stuff. Beats steak, because it has bacon in it.
AQ  Post #: 642
7/7/2009 20:36:01   
.Discipline

The Storehouse of Knowledge... Seems like a library... maybe the next puzzle will be more of my cup of tea, either way, congratulations on finding the answer.

Next puzzle... AHOY!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 643
7/7/2009 20:46:26   
Traveler
Helpful and Constructive!

Congratulations on solving both puzzles! Great work!

I'm sorry I haven't been of much help, but I'm having a lot of work these days, and it doesn't leave me any time to get on IRC.

spoiler:

I love the names of the Hadeni: Queen Carmella Leifanu and Sheridan. Heh. Perfect references for a race of darkness.
AQ  Post #: 644
7/7/2009 20:53:51   
Coldkick

Wow. I feel so unhelpful now, just wish I could use IRC. :'(
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 645
7/7/2009 21:21:55   
PoeticSpanner

@Coldkick: IRC clients ya might try && Server list and other info here

Hope that helps you get back on IRC...

Edit: I bet you tried to use the irc.caelestia.net thing, which has some issues at the moment. The way I use to get on Caelestia.net's IRC is to connect to a server directly like /server darkstar.caelestia.net then hit enter. As far as I know, it works in any client. (Well, except Mibbit.com, where you only need darkstar.caelestia.net for server .... More info on using Mibbit here)

< Message edited by PoeticSpanner -- 7/7/2009 21:40:52 >
Post #: 646
7/7/2009 22:15:08   
tomy 2222

srry i couldnt help in this one , promise im gonna at least say something that helps in the next puzzle
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 647
7/7/2009 22:48:09   
squirrelboy1

Ok im really lost were can we do these puzzles or can somone post a link to the page. Assuming they arent over. Please reply fast and thanks a bunch.

"Expect things when you least expect them."
"A problem is just a solution in disguise."
"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing and be nothing."
"The loneliest goat sees the last sunset last.....that's a horse."
"Don't do no injustice, not ev
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 648
7/8/2009 0:41:02   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16257781
The puzzles tend to be posted by Falerin or Eldron, and are scattered throughout this thread.
The puzzles are presumed not to be over yet.

(For instance, the last puzzle we solved was actually the first we got, and is located further down the first page, in the form of a link.)

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 7/8/2009 0:42:03 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 649
7/8/2009 1:04:48   
.Shadow//
Legendary Vampire

What's the IRC channel you guys use when figuring them out?
I'll try and help with the next one.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= A Final Mystery
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition