Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2009 22:04:13   
qbsuperstar03

Ronin, PM sent.

If it's that important, I'll see what I can cobble together.
AQ DF  Post #: 251
7/23/2009 22:06:56   
ringulreith

Ronin, I sent you a PM. Anyways, basically, I will be gone from the 15th to the 21st of Auguste. I'll try posting right before and after my small vacation, shortening my leave to only 5 days.
Post #: 252
7/23/2009 22:29:52   
qbsuperstar03

Man, isn't this ironic.

I go ahead and whip up a post, only to find out that my explanation for being in danger of getting idle-culled was in fact acceptable. Still, it didn't make sense to me that Cryoface would just stand there while the cold front moved in. After all, when the cloud leaves, and everyone sees the Ice contestant just standing there trying to displace the cloud, everybody's going to gang up on him. That happened to me too many times last year...

Thus, as a compromise, I decided to have Cryoface take an action before the cloud left, despite people posting that the cloud is leaving anyway.
AQ DF  Post #: 253
7/23/2009 23:00:26   
ringulreith

QB just screwed up time, didn't he? Oh, and QB, in your latest post, you mention a Clide. There is no competitor named Clide, last I checked. And how can Galvian be at this 'Clide's position? Two people in the same place? So now you're braking both space and time? Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.
Post #: 254
7/23/2009 23:23:54   
qbsuperstar03

Thanks, man. I accidentally used a competitor's forum name instead of his character name.

Leave it that I was rather flustered by Ronin's warning to post or be culled. Edited appropriately.

(Man, if I keep messing up like this, I'll never get past Beebote and Recar... >_<)

Edit: Now that I have time to think about it, how else did I mess up the time flow?

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 7/23/2009 23:33:43 >
AQ DF  Post #: 255
7/23/2009 23:28:43   
ringulreith

Join the party. I'll never get passed DH...
Post #: 256
7/23/2009 23:30:52   
2009light

quote:

I wonder where 2009light is? Almost everybody in Spike needs him. Dragon needs his approval for joining the battle, and I need him to post his reaction to Blaze's appearance. Without those things, the current 3 way, or soon to be 4 way, battle cannot go on.

Oh, and someone go kill us the inactive people.

I'm here! Things have been getting a bit hectic in reality, but I can still go on!

Dragon, I give thee my approval: The more the merrier.

Getting up a post now.
AQ DF  Post #: 257
7/23/2009 23:43:57   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Uh, Qb, you confirmed that there was an energy spell, but you didn't confirm whether it hit or not. Your post doesn't say he dodged or anything soooo... Also how large is that Iceball exactly? >.>
Post #: 258
7/23/2009 23:47:00   
ringulreith

Woot! Hi there 2009light, and I hope you're okay in RL. Can't wait for your post. Oh, and welcome to the club, Dragon!
Post #: 259
7/24/2009 0:13:47   
2009light

Alright, post is up.

Chad began to prep for an attack on you, Ont, but it would only be fair for you to response to Mirai's attacks first.

Woot! First post on second page!
AQ DF  Post #: 260
7/24/2009 0:18:17   
xaxtoo

My post will likely be written tonight but probably won't be posted until I can look over it, so likely tomorrow.

Edit: written, but quality not assured as I haven't slept for a long time. Brain needs recharging, so post will be up after editings in the morning.

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 7/24/2009 3:23:52 >
AQ  Post #: 261
7/24/2009 0:33:58   
ringulreith

I will post tomorrow, gotta go to sleep now. In the meantime, can you elaborate on those bouncing knives, Mirai?
Post #: 262
7/24/2009 1:14:31   
dragon

Post was 3/4 completed when my fast reply shut down, I reopened it and the post was gone. Being that its 1:15, and I have to be up at 7 so that I can do some school related work, I have to sleep now. I get back from my school work at 11:15 tomorrow morning, so it may be a crunch but I should have my post up by noon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Post #: 263
7/24/2009 3:17:07   
Mirai

Well, quite a lot happened while I was asleep...

Ont- sorry about the shirt reference- I misread a post, and thought the shirt was over, not under, the scalemail. Apologies- I've deleted the shirt referemce in my last post.

Now then, knives are supposed to be thrown about half-way through Kalen's charge, so…

Radius of chamber is 35ft from centre of pillar to edge of spikes, and both Kalen and Blaze are standing ‘within’ that radius, even before Kalen starts running forward… shall we say that Kalen throws the knives about 12 feet from Blaze, and the dagger 11 ft away? I don't mind changing that if it creates any issues for you, but I'd like there to be a sense that he's coming in quickly after the knives.
AQ  Post #: 264
7/24/2009 10:12:08   
omf

I posted as best I could since I had so much to work with. In anycase, I added some many hopefully's and assumeings that it shouldn't be counted as bunnying, and with that last line, it's pretty much obvious that if the first kick doesn't work then the rest of the post other then the flip back won't occur.
AQ  Post #: 265
7/24/2009 12:09:50   
ringulreith

I will post after I eat something. Expect something to be up by 1:30.
Post #: 266
7/24/2009 12:41:40   
The Extinguisher

Omf, I feel you're underestimating the size of the shield, but I guess the post still works anyway. Keep in mind, this thing is almost the size of Michael. If we weren't in a cage match right now, Michael would be huge. He tends to get big and monstrous.

This next defense is going to hurt Michael a lot though. It's something I've never tried before, and I think it's going to be fun.
Post #: 267
7/24/2009 13:07:43   
dragon

Post is up, I tried to keep it clear. The "object" heading towards Chad right now is not solid by any means, it is a combination of the kinetic force of my claw slash and mana. By my approximation you are 10-15 feet away from me. I should be on for most of today, so I'll try to answer any questions quickly, and get another post up later, depending on how the battle progresses.
Post #: 268
7/24/2009 13:53:26   
ringulreith

Dragon, was your speach directed at me as well?
Post #: 269
7/24/2009 14:09:19   
dragon

Yes, the monologue is targeted towards Chad, Kalen, and Blaze.
Post #: 270
7/24/2009 14:30:59   
2009light

For your attack, dragon, if I were to block it by releasing the stored up energy Chad has in his right hand, could I assume that it would work?
AQ DF  Post #: 271
7/24/2009 14:46:05   
dragon

Are you using the energy as a blast that can defend with pure force, as a mana-mana interference, a static shield, or some other form?
Post #: 272
7/24/2009 15:00:44   
ringulreith

Post is up. Sorry for being late, but there were a couple... Disruptions.

Oh, yeah, Mirai, although I did not mention it due to the post being Blaze's PoV, the two knives that were supposed to bounce back and hit Blaze in the kneck probably flew over hin as he bent to perform his flip. If there's a problem with that, please tell me, and I'll change it.
Post #: 273
7/24/2009 15:08:24   
2009light

It would be defending as a static shield, only a foot and a half in length around as the shield is stronger the closer to his hand it is. Also, this is a form of his lightning flow, so afterwords, his right hand will be temporary useless, and the bigger he makes his shield, the more time his hand would be paralyzed.
AQ DF  Post #: 274
7/24/2009 15:27:34   
dragon

As a static shield, it would certainly weaken the force of the blow, although I'm not sure it would make sense for the entirety of a kinetic/mana force to be deflected with a shield of energy. It seems to me that a shield of that nature is either created with a specific build to block physical attacks, or a specific build to block other energy. I'm not sure if it would block both. Considering the fact that you're character probably wouldn't be aware of the kinetic force involved in what appears to be a magic attack, I'd assume he would create a static barrier against magic. A shield the size you're talking about probably would've block the entirety of the attack anyways, but it doesn't seem rational for it to block all of the force involved. It would certainly lessen the force to intercept a large part of the magic with a shield though.
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition