Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 15 of 15«<1112131415
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2009 0:41:15   
xaxtoo

Since Phork had to run around Logain to get to where he is now, the stand and bag may very well be blocked by Logain. Then again with all the movement by Blaze in the recent posts, that might not be the case.

However dragon wants to play it I suppose.
AQ  Post #: 351
7/31/2009 0:44:13   
ringulreith

Okay folks, I have to turn in for the night now. See you tomorrow for a (hopefully) spectacular dropoffs finish!
Post #: 352
7/31/2009 6:00:56   
Mirai

I suspect I'm going to regret not dealing with one of those disks, but it seemed to have already gone past Kalen's head from Ont's description. Ah well, I've gone for offense instead.
AQ  Post #: 353
7/31/2009 9:47:17   
xaxtoo

2009light, it was a great first time showing. Thanks for playing with all of us in Spike and for keeping dragon busy for a few posts :D

As the tournament's coming to a close, I revisited my power rankings on page 2, quoted right down there, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it still. I think maybe Blaze might have to be put between Glazier and Kalen on a newer version, but most are pretty accurate.

quote:

dragon--Logain Dedracio
Varin--Glazier Van
Mirai--Kalen Kalthain
Calcon30--Sir Giovanni Inge
2009light--Chad Sleas
ont--Blaze Drakestorm
Mr.Pumpkin--LordMadmourner
Voltar--Zypher
xaxtoo--Phork
AryaMechKnight--Esir Prus
Kuro Banshee--Mio Kaze-Latona
AQ  Post #: 354
7/31/2009 11:10:18   
ringulreith

Oh my, Kalen has taken this a bit too personally, hasn't he? Well, with Blaze's battered body and lack of magic, I doubt he can escape that last attack unscathed.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/31/2009 14:31:48 >
Post #: 355
7/31/2009 14:53:56   
TormentedDragon

No problem as posted, Clyde, though given the whip's trajectory your actions haven't saved you from it.

edit: posted. Leaving severity of whip's burns up to Clyde (the whip dissipates when the stun bolt hits, incidentally).

For reference sake, the arm that held the whip was his left arm, his right arm took the diminished shock - paralyzed, but only momentarily.

Omf - Michael took the brunt of it, but there was still flame licking at Ko's legs, and you can't forget that heat, in such a situation, comes from all directions.

You should have some nice painful burns, but nothing life-threatening.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/31/2009 15:55:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 356
7/31/2009 16:14:20   
2009light

Thanks for all the comments from the people of Spike! It was really fun!

I'll continue to read the posts in Spike to see what happens to the rest of ya.
AQ DF  Post #: 357
7/31/2009 16:19:29   
omf

I figured as much, TD. My next post will probably be my last in the dropoffs so I'll try to make it the best I can.
AQ  Post #: 358
7/31/2009 16:40:42   
ringulreith

Post coming soon(ish). It'll probably be the last, but at least I will have reached my 10 post goal. I just hope I make it to the finals.

Ronin, I noticed that in the finals, each element's champion usually got some sort of blessing, extra power, or enchantment, like last year Enya got one of her spears enchanted to be hardened. Is this gift decided upon by you, or the RPer?

Edit: Post up. It's not much, I know. Blaze is hanging on for dear life now, and any more strong attacks will probably kill him.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/31/2009 19:48:24 >
Post #: 359
7/31/2009 20:47:30   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

That...isn't entirely true. Most people have the leeway to replace mundane equipment alongside their various energies and health. Keyword MUNDANE. Damsel approached me with the request that one of her bone spears to be hardened to a resiliency more like metal, in lieu of mundane equipment that would otherwise be out of place given her character and culture. This made sense, played to her character's culture bounds as a properly roleplayed element, and would normally fit the mundane factor. So I approved of the change.

Most 'blessings' aren't actually anything combat related, but rather a personal note to the character that they are accepted into the fold of Finalists. Aside from the total healing factor of *primary* chosen champions. Cryoface last year is an example of second string, no full heal, but instead a partial one.
AQ  Post #: 360
7/31/2009 21:02:22   
ringulreith

I see. Thanks Ronin.
Post #: 361
7/31/2009 21:04:28   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Time's up. Dropoffs are now CLOSED.
AQ  Post #: 362
7/31/2009 21:16:34   
ringulreith

Great job everybody!
Post #: 363
8/1/2009 3:41:01   
TormentedDragon

Oi vey. And here I thought you weren't posting tonight Clyde. Looks like you got it in just under the wire.

One thing though: it's not a fire dagger. It's just a dagger. If it had been a fire dagger, I'd have mentioned it was a fire dagger. Of course it's too late to do anything about it now, but yeah. Wanted to make that clear.

And for those of you wondering, yeah, I mentioned the daggers in my first IC post.

Congrats, Clyde, if dropoffs had gone longer you'd have forced Roman to go wolf.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 364
8/1/2009 3:52:20   
Mirai

Indeed, well done all!

Ont- just for clarification, Kalen's stomach acid attack was just conventional human stomach acid (i.e. not v. nice, but won't immediately burn through skin on contact, or it'd burn through the stomach's own lining). I'm just mentioning this in case you need to reference healing in a latter post. V. nice end post though.

< Message edited by Mirai -- 8/1/2009 3:58:22 >
AQ  Post #: 365
8/1/2009 9:34:05   
omf

Man, I fell asleep last night at 8:30 and didn't wake up to post. Well, I just hope what I DID post was enough then.
AQ  Post #: 366
8/1/2009 13:19:47   
ringulreith

Heeh, I'm not what you'd call an anatomy expert. Oh, and thanks, Mirai.

Well, good luck to all.

edit: Heh, Varin posted yesterday on the main EC ooc thread. Poor Varin, three weeks without internet!

< Message edited by ont -- 8/1/2009 13:21:57 >
Post #: 367
8/1/2009 16:49:22   
qbsuperstar03

I meant to get in a reply to Deehee's attack earlier, but I had to leave for a D&D session (which, unlike normal, wasn't very much fun at all...perhaps a sign?). When I came back, it was closed. Then I had to work around the house most of today...argh.

As Ronin apparently will not be on IRC today (To Ronin: I feel your pain, man...my firewall is uncooperative when it comes to that), I'm sure we all await with bated breath the posting of the Finalists.
AQ DF  Post #: 368
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 15 of 15«<1112131415
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition