Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2009 19:55:41   
2009light

quote:

Come on fellow spikers, post! Spike has been left to die--why? Should not the most legendary arena with the history of providing the most champions get a bit of love!

I'm waiting on Mirai to respond before I do, but I'm also not at my house either today and I'm going to be quite busy tomorrow.....
AQ DF  Post #: 176
7/17/2009 20:20:59   
Mirai

Sorry folks- just got on-line (its been a busy day, and I'm in a different time zone to most of you!).

Ont- obvious question, as both Chad and Kalen will be patially protected from your spell by the effects of Kalen's gauntlet (automatically drains mana powering all sorceries within a 6ft radius, having variable effects on the spells themselves). What effect do you want it to have on your shards?

Suggestions:

1. reduces speed of blades to a crawl
2. sends blades flying in random directions (again) on entering the 6ft radius- that'll mean some smash into each other, and a couple could even fly back at you, but some will still hit Chad and Kalen if they can't evade them
3. reduces 'hardness' of light blades again, say to the strength of your previous spell

< Message edited by Mirai -- 7/17/2009 20:35:09 >
AQ  Post #: 177
7/17/2009 20:24:53   
ringulreith

Wow, Clide's got you all screwed over there in Sky.
Post #: 178
7/17/2009 20:34:13   
TormentedDragon

Perhaps. Perhaps not. It all depends.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 179
7/17/2009 20:55:33   
ringulreith

Mirai, I suggest a mix of all. Perhaps draining the solidity a bit, changing speed, and taking their shapes away? If that seems too complicated, I would go with the second option. In the end it's all up to you, though.
Oh, this is just a thought. But maybe since there are so many shards coming continuously the glove effect shouldn't effect all of them, maybe 75%? This effects most of them, while still not getting to a few. This makes some sense to me, since there'll be a lot at once, and the glove might not be able to leach the magic from all of them at once. Correct me if I'm wrong.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/17/2009 21:03:15 >
Post #: 180
7/17/2009 21:03:41   
Mirai

Well, yes and no- it's my gauntlet, but it's your spell!
Generally, I try to judge it in such a way that the effects are interesting, but reasonably consistent with the nature of the original spell.
Anyway, post should be up shortly, once I've worked through a sequence for Kalen's own actions.

Edit: The suggestion of only effecting 75% of the shards seems reasonable to me- the gauntlet's leaching effect is supposed to be a bit random anyway, so it'd make sense for some of the shards to be unaffected. For possible clarity, Kalen doesn't control the gauntlet- it automatically affects spells within a 6ft radius (hence 2009light's character also being protected). It also means the effectiveness of healing spells cast on him are severely reduced unless the gauntlet comes off first!

< Message edited by Mirai -- 7/17/2009 21:10:15 >
AQ  Post #: 181
7/17/2009 21:05:55   
qbsuperstar03

TD had to IM me after my post and point out how much of a jerk I was for ignoring the seeming fact that the clouds were everywhere (so I deleted it: Hopefully that doesn't cost me too many points). Seriously, Misty, first slicking up the entire arena, and now this? Let the other people see whom they're trying to beat the snot out of, please.

Ugh...I had aspirations to beat out Recar and Beebote and make it to the Finals on my own steam this year, but I am so out of it right now. My responsibilities on another board are hurting my ability to write around these parts more than I thought. Will try to write up a Post 2.0 later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Potentially offensive language in the first version...I told you I was having a hard time getting in the groove. >_<

< Message edited by qbsuperstar03 -- 7/17/2009 21:09:20 >
AQ DF  Post #: 182
7/17/2009 21:23:54   
xaxtoo

my post will be long, since there's a lot of action that needs addressing >.<

Expect it to be up tonight.

Edit: the problem with arena wide attacks is that it's a timestamp on everyone's action, so everyone has to be in sync. Normally in one v. one with people attacking in little areas, this wouldn't be so bad. Okay, as for this attack, by dragon's post, it happens after he kills the skeleton, but by reading the posts, he took more time to kill the skeleton than you did, so the attack likely happened towards the end of his fight or right after the skeleton has been dispatched. Either way it creates problems...address this.
This is why you don't do 2 quick posts in succession.

< Message edited by xaxtoo -- 7/17/2009 21:34:21 >
AQ  Post #: 183
7/17/2009 21:38:22   
TormentedDragon

otherwise known as waiting for your battle buddies.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 184
7/17/2009 22:08:07   
Mirai

xaxtoo and TD make good points- particularly because of the time zone differences.

Because my post was covering quite a length of time, I should acknowledge that there's a few slightly odd elements in it- for example, without bunnying, the only way I felt I could RP Kalen reacting to the light blade spell, after launching a warhammer strike on Chad, was for Kalen to be unaware of whether he hit Chad or not.

Anyway... upshot of my post is that Kalen is back on his feet, bloodied but unbowed. His gauntlet got speared, but the enchantments on it is still working. Oh, and Ont, there's a lightning bolt coming in your direction!

< Message edited by Mirai -- 7/17/2009 22:09:13 >
AQ  Post #: 185
7/17/2009 23:15:43   
The Extinguisher

quote:

@FMA
Thanks for the help, and Misty gave Michael a heal, hope you don't mind. Us winged People gotta stick together!

I certainly don't mind, but don't expect any favours from Michael. He's just as likely to attack you once Ko is dead and anyone else in the area. More, because you helped and enemy, and he'd view that as foolish. Or he could save you for last luring you into a false sense of security.

You never know with him.
Post #: 186
7/17/2009 23:42:42   
ringulreith

Actually, I don't think Dragon took longer than me with his fight against the skeleton. Also, I took time to actually raise the orb, which increases the time difference.

Oh, Mirai, well done on that last post of yours... And you just really had to send a wave of electricity at me... But I have a question. See, my armor has steel scales, yes. But the scales are attached to leather. Will the energy go through leather? Also, my shield has some defense against magical attacks. I'm assuming your electric wave is not magical in nature? Oh, and just a heads up, I'm planning on it to hit. My character's gone too long without getting hurt. Time for him to feel the pain that he has caused to others...

Edit: Just a note, but the part where Blaze shatters the orb into light shards happens some time after his fight with the skeleton, not directly after. I added some small bit in the orb shattering post that signifies the passage of time.

< Message edited by ont -- 7/17/2009 23:48:28 >
Post #: 187
7/17/2009 23:48:05   
TormentedDragon

the point, ont, is that all the actions you've taken occur over time, time that others must now fill in during their posts. As xaxtoo said, arena-wide attacks act as a timestamp: everybody has to incorporate them into their post at the proper time.

You are moving too quickly. If people were taking multiple days to get posts up, you'd be justified. But they aren't.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 188
7/17/2009 23:51:25   
ringulreith

I see your point. The question is, can I do anything about it now that I have already posted? Should I just delete the post, and tell Mirai to take the reference to the event out of his post?
Post #: 189
7/18/2009 0:09:33   
TormentedDragon

no. it's too late to fix now, and trying to would just cause further difficulties. What you can do is slow down in the future.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 190
7/18/2009 0:12:24   
ringulreith

Okay. Thanks for the help, TD. I do apreciate it.

Oh, and does anybody know where Varin is? This is the third day of the EC and he hasn't posted. (Well, actually fourth, but we're only 14 minutes into it so...)

< Message edited by ont -- 7/18/2009 0:14:27 >
Post #: 191
7/18/2009 0:25:54   
TormentedDragon

Varin is responsible for Varin. If he doesn't post in time, he'll fall prey to Idle-death, but that'll be his own fault. Don't worry about it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 192
7/18/2009 0:27:48   
ringulreith

Now I'm just jealous of Sky. It has already reached 2 pages!
Post #: 193
7/18/2009 0:58:46   
Sir Inge

To my belief I'm on the opposite end of the arena, relative to the bursts of light, so, of course shards will be sent my way, but less of them, and at a lower overall velocity.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 194
7/18/2009 5:28:56   
demonhunter

I'll wait until we know the result of Cryo's attempt to lift the mist before I make my next move. Lisa can't do much at the moment, as she has no idea where to strike to stop the lightning, and she is unaware at this point that Nightly is making his way towards her.
AQ DF  Post #: 195
7/18/2009 6:17:09   
2009light

Posted. In a sense, I kinda miss the formalities that went on during last years EC, so I decided to have my character introduce himself. (Even though it's the middle of a battle, it must be done!)

Mirai....for my lightning abilities such as Lightning charge and Lightning flow, would I assume that the gauntlet would make my character tire out more?

AQ DF  Post #: 196
7/18/2009 9:34:59   
Biophysicist

Guys, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. I won't have access to a computer next week (summer camp).
MQ  Post #: 197
7/18/2009 10:33:13   
omf

Post is up. I don't think the lightening is shooting towards the middle of the arena, but if it is I'll factor it into my next post. As for the lifting the mist, I said it was only attempting to, not that it did, and for my sonar trick, if anyone has a problem with it say so, because right now it's only an attempt and if there are problems with it I'll say it was a useless trick in my next post.
AQ  Post #: 198
7/18/2009 10:57:24   
TormentedDragon

Main thing I see right off the bat, omf? It's not a massive inferno as is coming for you, it's a small, fast moving ball of fire. The "infernos" just cleared the fog in localized areas. Roman sent his spheres up out of the fog for the purpose of pain and profit.

And even the fog clearing stuff wasn't exactly an inferno, more like a focused, controlled band of flame.

The other question, omf, is just how much experience does Ko have with his kinetic detection trick? I'll grant that it probably works just fine, but is he capable of sorting all that information? There are an awful lot of rocks in the arena, of various sizes, and all of them moving. That's a lot of information to parse through looking for something that isn't a rock.

Incidentally... FMA? With Ko having slipped out of the way, the sphere that was going for HIM is still likely to hit Michael.

< Message edited by TormentedDragon -- 7/18/2009 11:00:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 199
7/18/2009 11:07:25   
ringulreith

Calcon, you are wrong. You should be the hit a lot. As you said, because you are at the opposite end, most of the shards will be heading towards you. They will lose some speed, however. In that you ar right. But they will only lose a little speed, they will not, for example, drop to the floor right in front of you.
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition