Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2009 11:11:10   
omf

Well, in the bio I have planned for him he would have started training with the monks at the age of three, and since he is somewhere in his twenties, he didn't leave the temple until recently [six months before EoC] where he met his fiance. As for the sonar trick, with all the rocks that are in the area, the mana fog, and you fast moving people, he won't be able to tell anything really useful. He only used it because of the spinning rocks he was standing on. Anyway, I'll edit my post so that the fireball nicked my arm, which is more likely then me dodging it since I though originally it was a giant blazing gale of fire coming up at me.
AQ  Post #: 201
7/18/2009 12:54:57   
Kuro Banshee

To my dismay, I must pull out of the Ec because of family related reason's. Hopefully when the next Ec comes around I'll be able to use Mio then and there.

Until then, I'll be watching and hoping for wind(or my fav. Ice) to take the gold.
MQ  Post #: 202
7/18/2009 15:14:17   
ringulreith

Bye Kuro!

Hm, that makes only 8 people in spike now... And since Varin seems to have gon Awol, that makes 7 in spike.
Post #: 203
7/18/2009 15:36:57   
The Extinguisher

Omf, this insistence to escape is really only making Michael angrier. Haha.

Alright, post will be up later, don't know when though. But I'll do my best.
Post #: 204
7/18/2009 21:35:51   
qbsuperstar03

Sorry to hear you having to leave, Kuro. I got stuck in Sky by the RN Gods again, and am having a hard enough time keeping up with everyone's actions in that (trust me when I say that TormentedDragon ripped me a new one about the original version of my last post).

Well, as they say, better luck next time. But thanks for supporting Ice. ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 205
7/18/2009 21:37:05   
TormentedDragon

...You make it sound like I breathed fire down your neck. I don't remember being particularly confrontational over it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 206
7/18/2009 22:42:12   
demonhunter

Rawr. A defence raised, and preparing her next attack. Not much else I can do right now.
AQ DF  Post #: 207
7/19/2009 3:03:35   
xaxtoo

notes about posty:

Let's see, skeleton fighting was ran through Calcon30 already.

Phork took a little damage, but he hasn't noticed yet.

ont: the leg is launched towards whenever he see Blaze at that moment in time, you can establish when it occurs relative to Mirai's charry's attack and figure out how you choose to deal with it. Likely the flame will have died mid-flight.
AQ  Post #: 208
7/19/2009 4:48:38   
Mirai

2009light

Re: Mirai....for my lightning abilities such as Lightning charge and Lightning flow, would I assume that the gauntlet would make my character tire out more?

That would be my thinking, as they seem to be magical abilities integral to Chad, rather than externally directed spells. It depends a bit on whether they are supposed to be ‘magical’ abilities or ‘natural’ ones- an electric eel in real life, for example, obviously wouldn’t be affected by the gauntlet, but has some capacity to do things vaguely similar to your ‘lightning flow’ ability. Kalen’s own capacity to discharge electricity from his own body is supposed to be a ‘natural’ ability (a somewhat ridiculously extreme version of the real life phenomenon of a static electricity shock). That’s why he can only discharge once from his own electrical energies every 30 minutes- to at least give a passing nod to the restrictions of physics in the real world. All Kalen’s 'self-control' abilities- healing, electrical discharge, are supposed to be non-magical in nature.

Once other folk have had a chance to respond to the light blade attack, I’ll post a reply to your introduction. As part of that, Kalen will suggest a temporary alliance.

Ont

Re: And you just really had to send a wave of electricity at me...

Well, yes, I did think of just blasting the shards out of existence with an energy wave, but then we might have had to debate what effect electricity would have on concentrated light, what the dimensions of the wave were… oh, who am I kidding? Writing up Kalen’s survival in the midst of a light blade storm just seemed like more fun.

Re: But I have a question. See, my armor has steel scales, yes. But the scales are attached to leather. Will the energy go through leather? Also, my shield has some defense against magical attacks. I'm assuming your electric wave is not magical in nature?

I’m no expert, but I’m pretty certain that although dry leather will protect you a bit, and would limit harm from low voltages, fundamentally it will conduct electricity (rubber is obviously better, damp leather is obviously worse). It’s in the same way that your own hide/skin provides some limited protection- dry, calloused hands will conduct less electricity than soft moist ones, but either way, you wouldn’t want to handle a live mains feed. I think you can assume that the leather will provide at best some limited protection from the lightning bolt. If any scientists on the boards want to correct me on any of that though, I’m happy to defer to their knowledge.

And I’m afraid the energy blast isn’t magical in nature, so your shield would be of limited help. Sorry!
AQ  Post #: 209
7/19/2009 12:16:53   
ringulreith

Thanks Mirai. Oh, and don't be sorry, I was actually checking if I could make Blaze get hurt, not block it. Now that I know the extents of the wave you sent at me, I just have to wait for everybody else to post.

Edit: Xaxtoo, is that fire on the lamb leg natural or magical?

< Message edited by ont -- 7/19/2009 12:27:39 >
Post #: 210
7/19/2009 12:28:03   
Sir Inge

Ehy can I kill arya's char? I would do it if she's dropping out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 211
7/19/2009 15:24:02   
xaxtoo

The fire is natural. But like I mentioned earlier, the fire would most likely go out in flight.
AQ  Post #: 212
7/19/2009 15:52:38   
ringulreith

Calcon, you'd have to take it up with her.
Post #: 213
7/20/2009 8:04:01   
Nightly

As with Kuro I must also drop out. I thought I would have enough time to create meaningful posts but, unfortunatley I have other engagments that are more pressing.
Post #: 214
7/20/2009 12:31:46   
TormentedDragon

FMA, if you'd check my OOC post last page, you'll note that, with omf's Ko having dodged, the fahrball was on a trajectory to IMPACT Michael. Not sail past him.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 215
7/20/2009 23:17:19   
qbsuperstar03

Dude--people are dropping out like flies this year. What the hell? >_<
AQ DF  Post #: 216
7/21/2009 3:50:16   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Posted. The original post was smaller, but I decided to add some offence.

Yes it's nearly 4AM, but I HAD to post. The idea to mess with Ko's signals came in some sort of freaky out of the random inspiration. XD
Post #: 217
7/21/2009 6:50:44   
Mirai

Posted- pretty much along the lines of what I said I'd do. Don't think it should affect anyone other than Kalen and Chad for the time being anyway.

Re: Once other folk have had a chance to respond to the light blade attack, I’ll post a reply to your introduction. As part of that, Kalen will suggest a temporary alliance.
AQ  Post #: 218
7/21/2009 9:28:37   
omf

Clyde, I would say that was a mean thing to do but it gave me an excuse for what I'm about to do. Post coming up shortly.
AQ  Post #: 219
7/21/2009 15:26:11   
ringulreith

...Oh crud I'm screwed... That's all I can say. Two on one fights never bid well to the one side... At least never in the EC.
Post #: 220
7/21/2009 20:01:56   
The Extinguisher

quote:

FMA, if you'd check my OOC post last page, you'll note that, with omf's Ko having dodged, the fahrball was on a trajectory to IMPACT Michael. Not sail past him.

My bad, I assumed it nicked Ko as he dodged, and was gone by the time I got there. I'll add something to fix that up.
Post #: 221
7/21/2009 21:47:12   
ringulreith

Mirai, I have a question. My character's katana has a magical sun insignia on its blade that currently stores some amount of light for him to use. When you fight me (I assume you will), will your gauntlet start leaching at the stored light? Oh, and my shield defends a bit against magic attacks. So, if the gauntlet does leach on the light stored in the sun insignia, will his shield slow it down slightly?

Oh, I am also wondering if all of you in Spike are comfortable with me posting after 2009light's response to Mirai's offer of alliance?

< Message edited by ont -- 7/21/2009 21:50:35 >
Post #: 222
7/21/2009 22:08:09   
qbsuperstar03

quote:

...Oh crud I'm screwed... That's all I can say. Two on one fights never bid well to the one side... At least never in the EC.

Welcome to what I had to put up with last year, Ont.

As of right now, though, my hands are tied until Rayzer gets back online and decides what happens to the cloud that I'm trying to displace. :/
AQ DF  Post #: 223
7/21/2009 22:10:01   
TormentedDragon

or gets disqualified. There's only so long you can go without posting before that happens.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 224
7/21/2009 22:18:41   
omf

Wasn't the cloud used for the thunderstorm which was just raised?
AQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC OOC 2009= Spike and Sky Arenas
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition